A Heavy Heart

Everlasting Love

 

“So, Yumi ssi, where are you from?” Henry asked Yumi with a friendly smile spread across his lips. The trainee rested her hypnotic amber gaze on the boy.

“Osaka, Japan. I came here four months ago and I was finally able to work up the courage to audition a month and a half later. I’ve been a trainee for two and a half months.” She answered him in fluent Korean.

“Oh, so you haven’t been in Korea that long.” “No I haven’t, but I studied Korean when I was younger so that I could travel here someday.”  Yumi glanced at Zhou Mi and smiled. Zhou Mi thought his heart was going to break through his chest. He has never had these feelings around a girl before... or at least none that were so strong. The feelings were not unpleasant in the slightest, but SM Entertainment has rules about relationships between trainees and artists. Not wanting to give himself away without give her the cold shoulder, Zhou Mi returns the smile.

“I’m sorry to cut this short, but you will have plenty of time to socialize later,” Sooman rubbed his hands together, eager to begin.

“Sooman, hyung, our manager said that this meeting regards Super Show 4, is that true?” Jongwoon inquired the older man.

“Why yes it does, we are adding on to the performance.” Zhou Mi raised an eyebrow at this new information. The Chinese man didn’t see any reason to add on to the concert, it was lengthy enough as it was. Why an extra preformance?

“Why are we adding on to the concert?” Jungsu piped in, running his fingers through his honey blonde hair. Sooman grinned at the leader.

“Super Junior is one of our most successful and well known singing groups in the company. Your name is known around the world,” the older man began. Jungsu smiled at the man’s praises.

“The SM Town New York concert had so many people there, I was a bit overwhelmed actually.” Sooman beamed at Jungsu’s words.

“That’s what I was hoping you would say. Because of this trend in your concert attendance, I want Super Show 4 to feature the company’s newest solo artist.” All eyes immediately went to Yumi. Zhou Mi’s heart began to beat faster. The Japanese woman smiled happily at the attention she was receiving.

“Sooman hyung, you wouldn’t happen to be speaking of Yumi ssi would you?” Kyuhyun inquired of the older man with wide eyes. The older man smiled at the singer mischievously. Kyuhyun’s face went blank.

“But she said she has only been a trainee for a little over two months.” Ryeowook said with concern.

“That’s true, but if I recall, you had two months of training as well.” Sooman reminded the younger man.

“Oh, right.” Ryeowook became very quiet and bowed his head, embarrassed by his blunder. Sooman gestured to the trainee beside him.

“Yumi ssi is one of our most talented trainees. I have never received so many positive comments from instructors about a single trainee in all of my years under this company. I have already asked her if she is willing to debut during the concert and she has told me that she is confident also long as you are comfortable with it.” Sooman turned to Super Junior’s leader. “So, how do you feel about this?”

Jungsu bit his lip. “I’m not saying no, but will we be able to rehearse this in time for the show?” Sooman grinned.

“No worries, she’s a solo artist. She will perform her song by herself. The only time you will be on stage at the same time is for the encore.” Jungsu’s face relaxed.

“In that case sharing the stage is no problem. Will she be debuting throughout the tour, or for only certain shows?”  “Yumi ssi’s debut will be featured through the tour, so try to get along.” The older man replied, smiling with glee. “I like the idea, it sounds like fun.” Jongwoon smiled excitedly. The other members had no problem with Yumi’s debut in SS4, except…

“I’m not convinced.” Kyuhyun said stubbornly, arms crossed over his chest. "Sure the instructors say she's very talented, but is she really ready to perform on stage in front of thousands of fans? Not to mention can she present herself when on stage?"

“Kyuhyun ssi, I don’t see why you need to be so difficult,” Jungsu sighed. Kyuhyun smiled. Zhou Mi knew that smirk very well; Kyuhyun was playing hard to get. Jungsu opened his mouth to scold the maknae, when Yumi raised her hand.

“Allow me to assist you, Jungsu ssi,” she insisted sweetly and stood up. The older man looked at her in surprise.

“Yumi ssi?” “It’s alright; I think I know how to convince him.” She said as she made her way to Kyuhyun. Zhou Mi pondered how one can look so amazing by merely walking. Each step the Japanese woman took was graceful and delicate. She hardly seemed real. She stood right in front the maknae; Kyuhyun eyed her curiously.

“This is a song a friend of mine from America taught me. I think it demonstrates stage presence very well,” She explained, her amber eyes met Kyuhyuns.

“It’s called “Heavy In Your Arms”.” Yumi closed her eyes before she parted her perfect lips.

I was a heavy heart to carry, my beloved was weighed down

my arms around his neck, my fingers laced to crown.

I was a heavy heart to carry, my feet dragged across the ground

and he took me to the river where he slowly let me drown.

My love has concrete feet, my love's an iron ball,

wrapped around your ankles over the water fall

Zhou Mi was shocked, Yumi's voice was like a choir of angels. Her soprano serenade was the most beautiful sound he has ever heard, her English pronunciation was perfect without a hint of her Japanese accent. Yumi opened her eyes and made contact with Zhou Mi’s.

I'm so heavy, heavy, heavy in your arms

I'm so heavy, heavy, so heavy in your arms.

This will be my last confession, I love you never felt like any blessing

(Ohhh)

Whispering like it's a secret only to condemn the one who hears it

with a heavy heart.

Heavy, heavy, I'm so heavy in your arms

Heavy, heavy, I'm so heavy in your arms

Heavy, heavy, I'm so heavy in your arms

Heavy, heavy, I' so heavy in your arms

I was a heavy heart to carry, my beloved was weighed down

My arms around his neck, my fingers laced to crown

I was a heavy heart to carry, but he never let me down

When he had me in his arms, my feet never touched the ground."

Zhou Mi was speechless. He had no words to describe how beautiful her voice was. Yumi’s voice was captivating and glorious, it’s no wonder Sooman wanted her to debut so soon. Zhou I glanced around the room and realized he was not the only one left speechless. The dumbfound expressions of the other members suggested that they too were amazed by Yumi’s powerful voice. No one spoke a word for what felt like forever until Kyuhyun finally remembered how to speak.

“I am convinced now. That was amazing.” The maknae croaked. The others broke into an applause that was long overdue. Yumi smiled and bowed. Sooman ecstatically gave her a standing ovation. The Japanese woman’s amber eyes sparkled.

“That was beautiful, Yumi ssi. Whose song was that?” Siwon asked, ever fascinated by languages.

“Florence and the Machine, I think. I really love rock and alternative music, and fell in love with the song the first time I heard it.” Yumi replied. The other members continued to praise the trainee as Zhou Mi pondered the meaning the song. Yumi’s voice echoed in his head,

I was a heavy heart to carry, but her never let me down

When he had me in his arms, my feet never touched the ground”~

*******

I apologize for the long overdue update, I've had a very busy week.

The song Yumi sang in this chapter is from the Eclipse Soundtrack, I think... it's definitely on Youtube. Originally it was a sound from a musical, but I changed it because this song demonstrates powerful stage presence. 

 It's a beautiful song, if you haven't heard it, i recommend looking it up on Youtube.

You can imagine what Yumi sounds like depending on what  a glorious, captivating voice is to you. She's not a carbon copy of Florence Welch, though. Yumi has a higher voice than Florence. I will update this as soon as possible,

perhaps even tonight depending on how my sister feels (She's been under the weather lately and very irritable = =;).

If any of you readers have any questions, comments, suggestions or criticisms, please don't be afraid to share. Let me know what you think of the story so far in

terms of progress and if it needs to be faster or slower. Thanks everyone. ^^~