Chapter THIRTEEN: Miscommunication pt. 2

Fanmade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BTS’s return to Seoul of course was all over the headlines, news outlets and social media. Their casual airport style with Louis Vuitton sets was the trend set for the season. But some fans noticed a change in the mood of some members, particularly Jungkook’s and Jimin’s. Contrary to their usual demeanor two members of the maknae line were just not having it. They were avoiding all the cameras and not even saying hello to any of their fans. The media quickly started concocting theories based on rumors about internal fights between the members but that was quickly shot down by HYBE and ARMY.

The members were tired, that was it. And it was true, but it was not the entire truth.

Jungkook barely slept thinking about a plan to convince Chaeyoung that he was serious about the two of them. Jimin on the other hand slept so much to that weird point of exhaustion all because he didn’t want to be awake thinking about how the girl he loves literally described her ideal type and he was nowhere close to that description. They were just processing a lot.

One person though was particularly in a good mood: Tae. His usual quirkiness and unpredictability was over the roof. He mischievously took the phone of three fans and randomly took pictures of him, Hobi, Suga and Namjoon. To this date those pictures are like precious silver to ARMY (they are not gold because Jungkook and Jimin were missing).

No one, not even the members, knew why Tae was in such a good mood. Everyone was speculating and whenever a member tried to uncover the source of his good mood he just goofily smiled and replied tenderly: “Life, brother. Life is just beautiful.”

Ok, Tae. We get it, you are in love.

When they arrived to the company building everyone took their leave to their respective homes. Everyone, except Namjoon, drove back home. Jungkook chose his, obviously black, Jeep this time around. The car was pretty much a tank with chunky big wheels and black tinted glass for privacy. He was pretty much the first to leave, he had somewhere else to be.

He bid his hyungs goodbye, offered Jimin a ride (which he declined), and drove off to Blackpink’s dorm room.

On the way there he rehearsed what he was going to say. His mouth played trick with him, he didn’t know why the hell he was so nervous, she was not even in the car. He tried again, this time mumbling and it worked, he didn’t stammer.

“Hi, Chaeyoung-ah!”, Oh, that’s way too high-pitched, he thought to himself.

“Hi, Chaeyoung,” And that is way too low-pitched, he continued.

“Hi, Chae”, Is that too informal?, he asked to literally no one.

His patience was running low, so he lightly slapped his own face and began, fluently this time: “Hi, Chaeyoung-ah. I’m sorry to intrude and turn up out of the blue but I wanted to ask if you had plans for the evening of December 23rd?”

“That was easy,” Jungkook smugly smiled and tapped to the rhythm of the R&B song that he was listening to.

“This is gonna be a piece of cake.”

Someone should tell Jungkook that talking in front of the one you love makes you have a lot, a lot of butterflies, especially if that one person is as heartbreakingly beautiful as Chaeyoung.

 

 

 

 

“I’m going to leave now, I’ll text you when I get back guys,” Lisa screamed as she put her shoes on.

The screams of Chaeyoung, Jisoo and Jennie telling her to be careful and reminding her to check in every so often went in and out of her ear.

She was… distracted and angry? Her usual positive, high-spirited self was nowhere to be seen. She had no idea why she was even bothering to attend this stupid hangout with Tae’s potential girlfriend: Seulgi. She was her friend and she adored her, but it still stung her pride that Tae would choose Seulgi over her.

She could have easily sent a text telling everyone that she was not feeling very well and that she was not going to go to this obvious set up for Seulgi and Tae to be together but amongst friends, giving the tabloids no confirmation about their relationship and leaving room for speculation. She hated that she was being used like that. But deep down, she hated even more that Tae didn’t have the gut to tell her that he liked her as a friend. It would probably brake her heart, that’s for sure. Nonetheless, it would give her at least peace of mind: she was not the one.

However, a promise was a promise. And her mother didn’t raise no quitter or coward.

If she was going to get her heart broken, might as well happen in person.

“Just like in dramas,” the thought filled her mind.

Lisa took a long, deep sigh, crossed her arms together and entered their floor’s elevator. She kept looking at the mirror and only raised her eyes went the “bing” sound of the lift echoed.

What her eyes saw was unexpected and lifted her mood or at least ignited a spark of intrigue that distracted her from her heartbreak.

Jeon Jung Kook, BTS’s maknae, was pacing back and forth and the apartment’s lobby, looking rather anxious and nervous. Lisa immediately knew she had to .

“Jeon!,” she called him out. His black, anime like eyes turned to her almost instantly.

“Lisa!,” he answered his tone matching his face in surprise.

“What are you doing here? Isn’t it a bit late for Romeo to call on Juliet?,” she mocked him. He didn’t understand the reference. He must have been really nervous.

“Is Chaeyoung asleep?,” he quickly asked her. Lisa could have sworn that she heard him mumbling to himself while he scratched his black hair. The words, “I should have called her” and “you idiot” stood out the most.

“No, she just came from a shoot for YSL’s new line. I think she was thinking of ordering chicken,” Lisa took pity on him and explained him.

“Oh, great. Do you mind if I go upstairs? I want to ask her something…,” he shyly looked away from Lisa’s interrogating and piercing eyes.

She scrunched her nose and closed her eyes a tiny little bit, all to add dramatic effect. But eventually she just smiled kindly and told him, “She’ll be happy to see you. Go now before I change my mind.”

She ushered him toward the lift and smugly smiled thinking of the surprise Chae was going to have. She loved seeing her friend happy. And if Jeon contributed to that, then so be it.

He smiled complicitly at her and pressed the bottom that led to their floor. But before the doors fully closed, his hand stopped it from fully closing and casually said to Lisa: “He’ll be happy to see you too, you know. Tae has not shut up about this super important meeting all day long.”

And just like that, Jungkook allowed the lift to close the doors and left Lisa wondering even more about how much it will hurt seeing someone she loved with someone she esteemed highly.

This was going to be a tough night for Lisa.

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. He was so nervous. He was going to ask out the girl he loved to an amusement park date. Alone. Just the two of them.

He rehearsed the words in his head and closed his eyes to concentrate more. Suddenly the door opened and there he saw the most beautiful human being he had ever laid eyes upon. There with no makeup and chipmunk pijamas was Chae who didn’t see him at first and confused him with Lisa:

“I knew you’d forget something, Limario. You always do-,” her eyes opened, gasped, and she quickly hid behind the door. “Jungkook! What are you doing here??!!” her voice had a sense of urgency and panic. Did the guy she liked and loved just saw her with literally no makeup on???!

Jungkook couldn’t think straight. Chaeyoung’s skin was even smoother and shinier without any make up on. Her plump lips were red and fully coated with a light touch of lip balm that smelled like strawberries and her small eyes were shinning like two sets of constellations that crashed into each other. If he thought that Chae was a goddess before, now he was convinced that she was a literal star that crashed into this world to shine over everyone. Seeing her like this confirmed to Jungkook that he was the luckiest guy in this entire world.

But it also made Jungkook very self-aware and nervous.

His more self-conscious and unsure side of himself took over his brain: how on earth was he to expect that this literal angel on earth would agree to go on a date with him? Was he flying too close to the sun (literally)? Was he aiming too high?

This part of himself purposedly chose to ignore that he literally had millions of fans and idols that would die for a chance to even breath the same air as him.

It was a very strange and contrasting feeling with Chae: he always felt his heart rattled and flustered, but the minute he lightly touched her skin he felt a very deep sense of comfort and peace. His heart would drum like crazy, but his mind was overflowed with soothing feelings.

And at this moment, the fluster and agitation of his mind was winning the battle inside him.

“Hi, Chae… I…I… was around the… the…neighborhood and I… I… wanted to… invite you,” a glimpse of bravery filled him until he saw Jennie and Jisoo walking towards them and hugging Chae behind her back, “AND the girls to go to Lotte World Adventure tomorrow night.”

Chae was frowning. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter