Chapter TEN: New characters in our story

Fanmade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook took Taehyung by the shoulders knocking him to the wall. It was a shocking movement, shocking for such use of force that was followed by pleading. Jungkook’s eyes were fixed in Taehyung’s, begging for help telepathically. Lord, was Tae his only choice. He needed help to see Chaeyoung and now his hyung seemed like an oasis in the middle of the ocean: a blessing that could save his life, a blessing that would save his life. But suddenly the more logical part of his brain asked the obvious and most significant question that his impulse had forgotten to ask: How? How was Tae supposed to save his life? or in another slightly different phrasing: How was Tae going to help him reach Chaeyoung?

Jungkook turned to Jimin, now fully aware that he needed his friend’s input to actually understand how the plan was supposed to work. “Are you done being dramatic, Jungkook-ya?,” Jimin’s left eyebrow was slightly raised. Jungkook chuckled a little embarrassed at his impulsive reaction. “Yeah, sorry Tae,” he apologetically looked over at Tae who was still trying to figure things out. “Don’t worry about it, Jungkook. Is all cool”, and Tae really meant it. He mischievously tousled Jungkook’s unwashed hair even further, there were truly brothers.

“The plan is this,” Jimin grabbed both Jungkook and Tae, they formed a circle that served as an imaginary tent to conceal their secret plan.

“Tae will give us, Chaeyoung’s phone number,” before Jungkook could interrupt, curious as to why Tae would have Chae’s number, Jimin quickly said: “Don’t interrupt, maknae.” He continued, “Tae knows someone that has Chae’s number. He will get it for us and once we have it… you will text her and ask her to meet up.” Jimin finished victoriously crossing his arms. Tae looked as confused as Jungkook. “I don’t know who you are referring to, Jimin-ah,” Tae softly spoke. “I don’t know anyone who has Jungkook’s girlfriend number,” Jungkook blushed at the mention of him being Chae’s boyfriend, oh the dream. “Of course, you do.” Jimin retorted back, a little annoyed of always having to explain things to other people who didn’t seem to catch up to his train of thought. Jennie always understood him, that comforted him. “You told me yesterday that you were included by none other than Lisa to a group chat about kdramas, you can-” Tae bluntly stopped Jimin before he finished.

“I will not give you Lisa’s number because that is a violation of her privacy” Tae determinedly spoke. “BUT” that word gave Jungkook hope, “I could text her and ask if it’s okay that you drop off Chaeyoung’s sweater”, he finished. Deep down Taehyung knew that Lisa wouldn’t mind giving her number to a fellow ’97 liner and her best friend’s crush, but he didn’t want to share her number with another person. No matter how selfish that might seem to others, he wanted to be the only one of the members who could be in contact with her, to talk to her, to have a relationship with her. Not that they had one other than friendship, and a very new one at that, but Taehyung hoped and dreamed for something more.

Jungkook heard Taehyung’s suggestion and hugged the hell out of his hyung. The hold was too strong that an out of breath Taehyung managed to squeeze the words “Ok, I think that’s is fine. Jungkook, please let me go”, before Jungkook unwillingly left him without oxygen given his excitement. Jungkook snapped back to reality and promptly released his hyung from the unconsciously tight embrace.

“Perfect. Now that that is settled let’s go to practice, I’m sure Namjoon and Hobi hyung is furious at us”, Jimin said worriedly as he deliberately moved to the last door at the end of the hall. Out of all the members he knew that an angry Namjoon was the worst, well maybe also an angry Jungkook was pretty scary he added mentally. “Oh yeah, they are pretty pissed at both of you”, Taehyung said matter-of-factly as he walked alongside the members but his eyes were trained to his phone. The two delayed members shivered at the mention of their hyungs’ mood, but well what else did they expect? An opened arm welcome with balloons and confetti to congratulate their tardiness weeks away from the long-awaited Christmas special they had been preparing for the past months? The answer they both knew was a forthright no. Their walk was hesitant, but they had to do it so off they went.

While Namjoon and Hobi vigorously and adamantly reprehended the young members lack of punctuality, Taehyung was typing away on his phone.

Hey :)

Hi! :)

The quick response made Taehyung nervous. He continued and typed:

Did you catch the new episode last night? They really left a cliffhanger in Shye’s story :0

The “typing” animation on top of the chat made him even more nervous and eager of her response. He bit his nails and anxiously tapped his right foot on the wooded floor as a distractor. He smiled when he saw that she had finished writing, but the grin speedily faded into a frow when he read what the text said.

YES! The story is getting more intriguing with each episode!!! I don’t know how Gong Yoo-oppa is even more handsome than before.

Taehyung stopped smiling. He knew that Gong Yoon-ssi was Lisa’s ideal type. And truth be told, even he would be willing to accept that the actor was one of the most handsome actors in South Korea, but hearing, or better said, reading it from a text coming from the girl he liked was not a pleasant feeling. At all. It’s not that he didn’t acknowledge that he was handsome himself, his fans called him CGV for Christ’s sake! He had defined abs (not like Jungkook he quickly noted, but that was beside the point), a piercing jawline, divine eyes, and the cutest boxy smile there was in the world. Well, those were all descriptions his fans poured during live interviews or wrote in big flashy and neon signs in the concerts. But that didn’t make it any less true: he had a well-worked out body, a perfectly sculptured face and just an aura that rendered him almost unreachable even to some celebrities. Not to Lisa, tho. For her, he would be the most reachable and available person there was, he would answer texts anytime and anywhere if his phone saw that she had texted, he would drop plans if it meant that he would be able to hang out with her. Geez, it was almost silly the extent he would go to if he knew it would make her smile and giggle so beautiful and uniquely like she did.

To say that his pride was a little wounded by her comment was not far from the truth. So, he decided to follow along and let his ego take control of his thumbs and quickly he had sent a text that read:

He is not more beautiful than Go Eun-noona, tho ;)

It was a lame response; yet his pride didn’t allow him to stop. The small proudful win was cut short when he saw her answer.

So you like small dreamy eyes and short hair?

Her response confused him. What was that response? He was only trying to play it cool, and right now all the coolness had left his body and left only his awkward side. Praying for someone to help him type a quirky and cool response, his prayers where answered in the form another text from Lisa.

She really is beautiful. Chae loves her acting as well >_<

Lisa had quickly typed. She didn’t want to read his response. She didn’t want to face the fact that maybe, just maybe he didn’t like her. And that fear had taken control of her and caused her to add those words that would shield her from facing a possible indirect rejection. Go Eun-noona was almost the exact opposite of her: Noona had small eyes while hers were piercing big ones; Noona had short hair while hers was outstandingly long; Noona’s face and eyebrows were softly round and hers were sharply defined. And don’t get Lisa started on her forehead insecurity that one stupid person during her trainee days instilled in her brain. She knew she was beautiful, she was Blackpink’s LISA!!! A dancing queen, an expression empress, a deadly seductive glare owner with endlessly long sculptured legs. Why did his comment made her doubt herself? Why did this happen with him? She asked rhetorically in her thoughts. Rhetorically given that she already knew her answer: she liked liked him.

It had started when she first met him. Bambam had invited thai ’97 liners to his apartment to celebrate his new contract with a telecom company. Lisa was not supposed to be in attendance because she had a brand shooting at the same time, but since that got postponed for the next day she decided to go to the party. Her other members were in their respective schedules, so she was going all alone, however that was not entirely true. She knew everyone there, except him. She didn’t know he was coming. She remembered entering the spacious apartment, saying hello to her friends, and landing her eyes on him. She didn’t see him directly, he was half-turned energetically talking to BamBam and then she lost her breath: there he was a living mannequin with the most contagious smile she had ever seen. It was on thing to see it on TV, and something entirely apart to see it in real life. Lisa wondered why no one else was as affected as she was. She momentarily gave her attention to a friend that was happily greeting her, when suddenly she heard BamBam calling out to her.

“Hey Lisa!” Bambam shout across the apartment. Lisa looked his way and she half-thanked and half-regretted that she did seeing that Taehyung was now directly looking at her in the oddest of ways. His eyes were going up and down examining her, a half-smile entering and quickly leaving his façade. Was her outfit and hair too pretentious? To her defense she had come straight from the salon so more casual clothing was only her dorm. She had no choice but to face BamBam and him, so she reached him and brightly said:

“Bammie! It’s been a while”, she said as she hugged him.

“I know, Miss International! You guys are barely in Seoul”, her friend teased.

“Oh, I know! I miss it tremendously… and Bangkok too you know…”, she added while smiling melancholically. BamBam reciprocated her smile but he knew the feeling of having two homes: one where you were born in and another where you grew up in. Both dear and close to your heart. He realized that 1) the tone of the conversation was turning grim and 2) he had completely forgotten to introduce Tae to Lisa. The second he remembered when he felt a short but strong kick in the ribs: it was from Taehyung’s elbow, very clearly wanting to be in the conversation but not knowing how to intervene without the proper introduction.

“Oh! Yeah right! Lisa, meet Tae.” BamBam grabbed Taehyung with his left arm and motioned to a widely smiling Taehyung.

“Hi! I’m Lisa”, she said joyfully moving her hand to greet the BTS member. “I’m pretty sure you are also Mister International, right?”, she quickly told him. He laughed. Loudly. And she returned with a burst of laughter distinctly hers.

“You can call me Tae”, he said casually. “I’m only Mister International in special occasions”, he chuckled and shrugged over his shoulder. BamBam noticed a slight blush in his cheeks that he decided to ignore, but surely would mention later on in the evening.

“And what occasions would those be?”, she curiously followed up on what he had said. “Mmmm mainly in airports haha”, he embarrassedly admitted. “Or when I’m impersonating Goon Yoo’s character in his new drama”, he finished with another smile.

“You are also watching his drama??!!!”, Lisa enthusiastically replied while clapping and jumping up and down.

“Yes! I love it!”, he told her passionately.

BamBam decided to casually leave. Not that the two noticed, really. They were so into each other’s words and expressions that BamBam knew he was just third-wheeling miserably.

After that evening they had exchanged numbers and she had hoped more from him. She had waited a call, a text, anything! But nothing. Maybe it was all in her head, she thought to herself. But her internal Aries didn’t let her give up that easily, so she did what she had to: she created a group chat of dramas to have an excuse to talk to him. And it had worked, for a while; but he always turned cold after some days. She grew tired of waiting for him to put an effort therefore she stopped participating in the group chat or even sending him drama-related texts privately. Which is one of the reasons why she was surprised by his initiative and his text. She realized he sent her another text and she read it, internally crushing her heart.

Who is beautiful: Go Eun-noona or Chae?

What does he mean? She thought. There was only one true answer to his question.

Both >_<

Speaking of Chae…

No. please. Not her. She is practically my sister. Please don’t ask for her number. Choose me. Talk to me. Her heart pleaded.

Yes?

She would not be able to handle this rejection. Not after having so much chemistry. Not after seeing those eyes and that beautiful smile up close. Not after feeling that maybe, just maybe he wanted to be close to her.She locked her phone and walked to the bathroom. If she was going to get friend zoned might as well receive the news somewhere nobody could see one tear almost ready to depart her big round eyes. She sat on top of the bath, unlocked the phone, and saw his text.

Do you think you can give her Jungkook’s phone number?

Oh. Ok… This was not him friend zoning her, right? He didn’t want Chae’s number for himself. He wanted her to give Chaeyoung another person’s phone. And just so happen that the person was her friend’s longtime crush. Maybe… just maybe… She texted back.

Mmm sure… Why does he want to contact her?

Tae quickly wrote.

Turns out he has her sweater, and he wants to give it back :/

Lisa remembered Chae excitedly telling her everything that happened the day before. She had had heart in her eyes, her feelings so visibly in her fully flushed face when she spoke of Jungkook’s food, eyes, arms, and ugh almost everything a person in love talked about. She was so happy for Chae, she loved seeing her happily in love even if her friend didn’t acknowledge it herself. But deep down she wished that Tae was this way about her. Maybe he will someday. Maybe he won’t.

Her internal romantic formulated a quick plan to see her friend-sister happy. If she didn’t have a fairy tale happy ending, why the hell not give one for her best friend. So, she rapidly answered back.

I have a better idea ;)

 

 

One hour later…

“Hey, Chae”, Lisa said to a focused Chae. The Australia-born singer was re-ordering her pajamas, her room was all over the place. A huge pile of pastel pajamas was sitting on top of the big white mattress, Chae was beside it, carefully folding and organizing each one with care.

“Hey, Lili”, Chae answered without looking up. If she wanted to get this done before sundown she couldn’t afford losing time, multitaski

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter