Chapter 2

Breathe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was completely dressed in black, a dressing typical of a bodyguard, but Taehyung still didn't know that detail. Broad shoulders, giving the desired triangular form desired by several men due to his slim waist. Even though his muscles weren't outstanding, they were visible and seemed hard due to the effort done for years. Some veins of his hands were standing out. His skin tone was lighter than Taehyung's. His facial features were manlier than Taehyung's and Jimin's who was watching leader Kim's new companion carefully. The youngest of the room had a sharp jawline, a feature desired by many men and admired by women. His lips had a red tone as if the young man had applied some lipstick. His big dark eyes were watching the photographer intensely. 

"I'm not a bunny, hyung." A deep voice echoed through the room. Taehyung laughed and walked rapidly towards his old friend. The dominant and impeccable aura of the taller might at least bother some people. Taehyung, however, wouldn't let that small details stop him from hugging the one he'd kept in his heart with so much adoration.

"Jungkook-ah." Taehyung put his arms around the youngest's waist and hugged tightly to demonstrate his happiness to meet him again. Jungkook hugged him back, but with a controlled strength to not hurt his precious hyung. "I missed you." The older admitted and looked up, smiling. Taehyung's beauty distracted Jungkook briefly, but he smiled back nevertheless. Taehyung pulled back to hug Namjoon, but the hug didn't last as long. 

"I'm so happy to see you again." The shining smile on Taehyung's lips was proof of his happiness.

"So do we, Taehyung. You don't know how much it rejoiced me when I noticed you among the other people. I had to ignore your presence to not create any suspicion. I hope you forgive me for that, but I told the receptionist to not let you leave as soon as I left the room. I wouldn't forgive myself to miss the chance to meet you again. I couldn't meet you without Jungkook." Namjoon explained. Both individuals of the New Species made eye contact, then looked at Taehyung who noticed the silent conversation. They made a deep bow, the kind of bow you would do in the presence of an important or respected person. For them, Taehyung belonged to both categories.

"Stop. What are you doing?" Taehyung asked, surprised while making his friends stand up.

"As the leader of the New Species it is my duty to pay my respect to the person who freed my people from those despicable conditions and allowed us to live in peace," Namjoon explained.

"However, as friends..." Jungkook and Namjoon smiled. "There is no better proof of altruism and love for the next one. That man was a good father to you from what he told us despite the cruelty he treated us with. You could have not believed us or simply ignore what was happening. You decided to believe us. You needed to see it firsthand, something that no one can judge you for. We knew he was the only family you had and your fear of loneliness. Nevertheless, you chose us instead of your father. We never forgot or will forget your sacrifices. We will forever be grateful and in debt with you."

"I only did what was right. I couldn't let my dad keep on hurting you."

"Taehyung." Jimin talked for the first time. "Do you remember what she said? For them, what you did will never be forgotten. You'll be forever someone important to them. You shouldn't invalidate their feeling because you think you did the obvious. You should accept their feelings towards you." Taehyung nodded and smiled at his friends.

"It was a pleasure to help you." Both men managed to notice the subtle sadness in the blonde's voice.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet the famous Jungkook and the new leader of New Species, but I need to go. I have an article to write."

"I hope to read only good things." Namjoon said playfully and Jimin laughed slightly.

"I have no reason to write something bad." Jimin smiled. "Are you coming or staying?"

"If you don't have anything to do and I don't bother, I would like to stay and spend some time with you." Jungkook smiled widely.

"Of course, hyung. I would love to spend time with you."

Taehyun bid Jimin goodbye and followed his old friends.

"You grew a lot, Taehyung-ah." Namjoon ruffled his blond hair.

"I couldn't stay with the same height forever. I'm sure you weren't this tall." Taehyung needed to lift his head a bit to look Jungkook in the eyes. "I was supposed to be the tall on of this friendship." Jungkook's eyes gained a certain glow.

"You still remember our promise?" He asked, surprised.

"Of course. A koala has a good memory." Namjoon was listening to them, smiling.

It looked like they had gone back in time when Taehyung was twelve and Jungkook ten. They were only kids, ignorant of what was happening around them. Taehyung simply believed his dad who would affirm that those people decided to live in bad conditions to help his progenitor with his experiments. Being the youngest, Jungkook was treated with a certain softness if you compared his treatment to the other's. On his innocent mind, those injections were for his good, thus he didn't understand why he felt terrible after them. None of the prisoners had the heart to tell the little kid the truth. They would take care of him the best they could. The first time the scientist took Taehyung with him to the laboratory, just like Namjoon, everyone looked at the child with curiosity and precaution. The first thought that came to their minds was that the child would be another guinea pig and felt pity for him. However, that hypothesis was thrown out when they saw the child's appearance and the scientist's behavior towards him. Taehyung didn't show any sign of abuse and Ahn Sungki treated the boy with affection. The scientist made sure to show his guinea pigs to his youngest son. Taehyung looked at everyone with curiosity and like any child asked why they were in cages. The progenitor lied and dared anyone to tell off his lie. Taehyung smiled and approached one of the cages, the one where Jungkook and Namjoon were. Just like his deceased mother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter