Part 2

Lonely Love

 

It was four in the afternoon by the time I was able to leave the café and I was exhausted. I quickly walked home. Thank goodness I don’t live very far from work.

While walking, I noticed that there were a few small shops along the road. I made a note to check them out. Later, not now, I’m too tired now. All I could think of was a nice, steaming hot bath and the silky soft sheets of my bed. How I miss my bed. It is so warm, so comfortable, so-

            AJ stood leaning against my door, looking like a hot tamale but at the same time a lost puppy. My breath got caught in my throat.

            “Oh, thank Siwon, you’re back.” He smirked, teasing me. “I thought you purposely stayed out longer to avoid me.”

            “I’m not that much of a fliptart.” I mumbled with a blush creeping up my face.

            “Either way…” he stretched. “What about dinner?”

            “Uh, sure…” I started. “But I need to change out of work clothes…”

            “Why? You look fine.” He replied.

            “And take a nap. I’m extremely tired.”

            AJ pouted. “Fine.” He whined. “One hour then.”

            “One? Are you kidding me?” I gapped. “I’m a girl remember? Or did you forget that?”

            “That has not escaped my notice.” AJ said nonchalantly. “You just already are too cute. But I guess if you need more time, I’ll swing by again in two hours?”

            “Sure…” I said. “I’ll… uh… see you then, then…” I went inside my own apartment. For the second time since meeting him, my heart is racing. He’s like a freak invading my soul and making me feel things I have never felt before. I don’t exactly know if I like it but I am as nervous as a baby bunny surrounds by a pack of hungry wolves.

            Okay, Lia. I told myself. Breath. In. Out. In. Out.

            Once I calmed myself down a few degrees, I went to get ready for my date- no. It’s not a date. It’s me going out to eat with my new neighbor… who just happens to be extremely cute, hot, funny, charming, and pretty much everything my boyfriend is not. Which reminds me, I have a boyfriend. His name is Sai, not AJ. Although, I do wish it were AJ- stop.

            You so do not know the guy. What ever happened to being a loner? reminded my brain, but I can’t seem to make that one small, really important fact matter at the moment. Then it hit me.

            Dear Siwon, I gasped. I'm addicted to this boy. He's got my heart tied in a knot and my stomach in a whirl. And all of my thoughts were about him. Is anyone seeing a problem in this?

            I do! Shouted my brain.

            I don’t, stated my other self.

            Well, let’s draw this out. YOU. HAVE. A. BOYFRIEND.

            Oh yeah… I forgot about him. Oops? I would call to apologize to Sai, but I now only have 1.5 hours to get ready for my date.

            Not a date!

            Yeah. That. It isn’t. It’s just dinner.

            I walk into my room to pick out an outfit. I barely glanced at the poster that was hanging on my wall. It was of my favorite band. They were talented and deliciously hot and… one of them is very familiar. I backtracked and stared at the poster.

            Holy Siwon. It feels like I'm falling for the first time.

 

            Sitting across from AJ at the table, I twirled a finger in my hair. It was a nervous habit of mine. Funny how I was fine until I realized who he was.

            He’s just a boy. I had to remind myself for like the bazillionth time. But there is a question I have been dying to ask him.

            “Okay, please don’t be mad at me or anything…” I started, trying to build up my courage. “I have one question…”

            “Yeah?” he replied, stopped midway of putting another piece of steak in his mouth. How many guys can look that good while shoving food into his mouth? I shook my head lightly.

            Focus. I told myself. “Well…um…” I was about to ask him, when my phone started ringing. I groaned and mumbled an apology to him. I checked the caller ID. “It’s my sister, I have to take this. Sorry…” I said getting up and walking away from our table. “Hello?”

            “Lia! One of my friends is having a little party down by the club and I was wondering if you wanted to come with.” My sister, Junia said through the phone.

            “Sorry… I’m out with a friend right now.” I replied.

            “Bring them, too!” June shouted excitedly. “The more the merrier!”

            “Maybe.” I said. “But don’t count on it.”

            “Meaning you’ll be here soon. I’ll be waiting. Love ya. Bye.” She hung up on me. I sighed and went back to AJ.

            “Anything wrong?” he asked. The sweetie. If this were Sai, he’d be telling me that he took me out to spend time together not for me to be on my phone with gods know who.

            “Nothing.”

            “You know, we always get interrupted by your phone anytime we are about to say something important.” He said tapping his chin. “So what did you want to ask me?”

            “I… uh… forgot.” I lied. I didn’t forget. I just needed that courage to say something else. “Um, so my sister’s friend is having a party and she wanted to know if we wanted to go. I mean it’s up to you.”

            “Sure, why not?” he replied. “Can’t put the fam hangin, a’ight?”

            I laughed at his extremely bad attempt at street slang. AJ pouted but I couldn’t stop laughing to save my life.

            “Ok, stop.” He whined. “We need to get to that party you were talking about.”