~ 4 ~

The son no one knew existed

Moon Jin takes a deep breath, before his eyes meet mine. I can tell that he hates to talk about this, which is enough for me to wonder if this is about this whole thing I hear everyone talk about.

''Well Taekwoon, I assume you know about this already. Everyone in our community is talking about you and it concerns me a lot.'' Moon Jin starts off.

My mind is in complete panic, because I am very well aware of what is going on by now. I have no idea how this is called, who I truly am, but I'm in panic for realizing by now that everyone knows about the rumors. And those creatures I came across earlier, must be here too. The way they pronounced my name still doesn't sit right with me.

''Rumor has it that the king is looking for you. I don't know why the king wants to see you, but everyone in our community is talking about you. Our fellow warlocks fear that you, Taekwoon, might up in the hands of the king. And once that happens, we have no idea what will happen to you.'' Moon Jin continues, audibly concerned.

I take a deep breath. I know how this feels, because this is something I don't want either. The king wants us dead, because we are capable of doing things beyond his control. We have certain powers which are beyond his control.

I let Moon Jin's words sink into my brain. We are called warlocks huh? I never knew however we are called, I simply call us 'creatures'. But like Moon Jin also said, our entire community is talking about me. And once the humans know about my existance and if they believe the rumor, it soon will reach the king's ears too.

''I... I know, master. I hate being in the center of attention for the wrong reasons. So I can only hope that it'll die down soon, because my days are counted once the word reaches the humans.'' I explain, panic is all over me at this point.

Moon Jin raises his right hand and brings it to my shoulder. He smiles as soon as his hand lands on my shoulder. Moon Jin isn't the worst leader like some ''warlocks'' claim he is. When he is concerned about you, he takes you apart to have a chat and he continues to do so until you're okay again.

''Don't worry Taekwoon, I'll make sure that you won't end up in the hands of the king. Because that is the last thing you and I both want. We also have no idea what the king is up to when he finally has you, if it turns out if you indeed are his son.'' Moon Jin once again reminds me.

We sit like this for another 5 minutes, before the two of us return to the rest of our kind. Everyone has their eyes on me and I hate the kind of attention I'm getting. All I want, is to be treated like any other. I may be someone with powers, that doesn't mean I'm more special than any other creature in here.

I quickly make my way towards Minju and she looks at me with a questionable look. I take a deep breath when I take a seat, ignoring the looks I'm getting from the others. The rumors are making me crazy and I can only hope that these aren't true at all, because I'm scared to end up in the hands of the king. He wants all of us dead, which is impossible, but he will find a way to push the life out of our bodies.

''How did it go? Where did you guys talk about?'' Minju asks with a soft voice, which comes close to a whisper.

''He has heard of the rumors and he wants to protect me, in order to make sure that the king won't get his hands on me. And also, we have to make sure this won't come out to the humans. Because when this rumor ends up in the hands of the king, I am doomed. But so are you and so is everyone here, as the king wants to capture us. And since he can't kill us, he definitely will find a way to harm us.'' I whisper, as panic rises in my chest once again.

Minju wraps an arm around me, assuring me that nothing will happen to me. And although I have more friends outside of this community, I'm sure that all of them are going to protect me at all costs.

In the mean time, Moon Bin is about to get started with his speech. Everything is set and the noise of many conversations is about to die down, because everyone sees that Moon Bin is almost ready and about to begin with whatever he wants to talk about. I'm sure it's about the rumors about me, so I hope that more warlocks will be able to support me and to keep me away from the hands of the king.

Then all of a sudden, soldiers march inside the building and they point a spear at every row of warlocks. Everyone starts to panic in the mean time and I also can't help but feel panicked about what is going on. Loads of warlocks are screaming in fear, while others are begging the soldiers to save their lives.

''What is going on?'' Minju asks and she is clearly in panic.

''I don't know, but I guess we'll find out soon.'' I tell her, trying to keep both of us calm.

Then, a pair of heavy footsteps enter the room. By the clothes and by the crown, I can tell that this is the king. This time, his back is facing me. And as long as his back is facing me, I hope he won't see me.

The queen and the two princes follow shortly after and it's then that my eyes widen, because it wasn't just the king's orders to find their firstborn son... it was on behalf of the whole royal family.

The whole family make their way towards Moon Bin, who bows and steps aside. At the time they turn towards us, disgust is written all over the face of the king. And not just that, he is also determined to find his child. But how does he know that we're all here? Or were there some humans spying on us? I don't know how he discovered our spot to come together, but this isn't good. We have to leave as soon as possible, before they will come back once again.

''As you all know, I am looking for my firstborn son. Until this very day, he is missing. But...'' the king starts off.

He looks around in the room and scans every single seat. The look on his face shows determination, meaning that he is more than ready to find him. More than ever, because of the fact that he is so close to find him.

''...some sources of mine told me that our firstborn is like you. According to our sources, our son has become a sickening creature like you all here. I wanna know why he is like that, because all of you are going to be arrested if you don't tell me. But before that... soldiers, bring me my son if you can find him!'' the voice of the king gets louder the more he tells us.

The room goes quiet for a second and no one dares to move or to talk. The princes are looking around in the room with absolute disgust on their faces, wondering why their older brother is a creature who is able to control some type of superpowers. My question is if they still would treat their brother like that if he is being found, because there is no way that they can reject their brother right?

The soldier next to me pulls at my arm and pulls me off my chair. I scream in fear, while begging the soldier to let me go. The soldier in question doesn't respond and he continues to drag me down the line, while I refuse to look at the royal family in front of us. And once we have reached the royal family, the soldier releases me hard enough to make me fall onto the floor.

''Well well, I have finally found my son. It has taken me more than twenty years to find you, yet I wonder how you have been able to stay under my radar for all of these years.'' the king says in a cold voice.

I managed to get on my hands and knees in the mean time. I can't look at the king or anyone of the royal family, because I don't want to know about the look in their eyes. So instead, I look at the floor while tears are welling up in my eyes. However, I keep my composure and I take a deep breath to shake the sudden tears in my eyes.

''Look up!'' one of the princes demands me.

As I raise my head, the queen gasps while the room remains quiet. Because they know what the king is capable of and they don't want to end up in jail because of me. The queen rushes towards me and takes a seat on the floor in front of me, while tears are streaming down her face.

''My queen, leave him alone! He isn't worth it, he is a low piece of trash.'' the king demands.

The queen ignores him, as she wraps her arms around my neck and she starts to cry. I just have no idea what to do, as I have to take in what just happened. That soldier must have seen my face by a long time and I feel like he must have seen me before, so he knew that he had to hand me over to the king. There is no other way possible.

''My son, I am glad that you're still alive. I blamed myself for everything and I blame myself for anything that happened to you, because I thought that you were dead.'' the queen squeals in a faint voice as she looks up to face me.

I look at her and I keep myself quiet, because everything happened to quickly. That soldier is such an , because he just brought me to the king's feet and knew exactly that he had to bring me to the king before I would slip from his fingers. There is no way possible that the soldier knew exactly who I am and that I am the one from the rumors he also must have heard about. Or is he a spy?

''You come with us... right now. Soldiers, pick this creature up and bring him to the palace. It's about time he is going home.'' the king demands, at which the queen releases me.

What? No way! There is no way that it's me! He must have taken the wrong guy at this point. No way that it's me! 

The soldiers grab my arms and pull me up from the floor. With a lot of force, they drag me outside of the room. And while passing the many shocked faces, I look in panic at Minju. I don't know what to do and I certainly don't want to leave her behind.

~~

A/N This was written back in April and I didn't want to publish it at first, as I felt like it was kinda rushed. Sometimes, I wanna go too fast and sometimes I take too long to get there.