~ 3 ~

The son no one knew existed

At night, I have to go to this meeting again. Dressed in the black coat, purple shirt and black pants, I walk down the streets. At night, no one is outside expect for us. Even my friends aren't outside, thought they know who I am. They know that I have these powers and they swore that they won't tell anyone, even if the guards are asking them.

''Look who we have here, it's Taekwoon.'' one of the other creatures says as I come closer to the location. 

I decide not to look up, because there are rumors about me in this organisation. Rumor has it that I am the one who the king is looking for. I don't know where that rumor comes from or what it's based on, but I don't like that rumor at all. Besides, I'm a dead man if it ends up among the humans. I still don't know how I ended up like this, so why would I be the king's son? The king wants me dead anyways.

As I walk further down one street after another, more and more voices are heard behind me. They're all like me, yet they spread the rumor even further. I honestly hope it's just a rumor and that it's not the truth, because I am a dead man if it turns out that I am indeed the one the king looks for. But I still have questions about that. Because if it turns out that these rumors are true, how did I end up with powers then? Did someone mess with me before I realised it?

''Hey Taekwoon, good to see you again.'' a familiar voice asks.

''Hey Minju, good to see you too. It's been a while since I've seen you here. Where have you been at all this time?'' I respond, while I bow to her.

Minju and I have been friends since we were kids. Minju knows about my insecurities and she knows about how I have to hide my true life from almost everyone that I'm around. We unfortunately haven't met each other at daytime and it's not because we want to avoid each other. We live certain lives at daytime and we just don't pass each other.

''I had to hide, because some guards were following me. I looked suspicious to them and they wanted to know if I was the son that they were looking for. Obviously, I don't look male. But they thought I did and I feared for my life.'' Minju explains as the two of us make our way inside the building.

I look at her as if she is speaking in a different language. Minju was followed by guards? Now it's getting way too close actually. Because if Minju was followed first, then I will end up being followed one day. As long as the rumors aren't confirmed yet, I can go wherever I want while being careful. If the king starts to figure out about this secret organisation, we're dead. I mean, we can still defend ourselves with our powers. But I don't know if it'll help much, though defending ourselves is the last thing we could do.

''I hope that they'll leave us alone for a while, because we aren't doing anything wrong. I don't know why the king is so much against us, but we can only pretend to be as human as possible.''  Minju continues.

I can't help, but to agree with her. We're creatures with magical powers and we haven't done anything wrong to the king, so I don't get it why the king is after us? Oh well, I want to live my life without being attacked by those guards or something. As long as the king hasn't stopped with searching for his son, he definitely won't leave us alone.

Minju and I take a seat somewhere in the circle. There is a light shining upon the middle of the room and that is where the leader of this organisation is going to speak. He always talks about what is going on in town and also what other creatures have told him. I wonder what he has to tell us today, because I barely keep up with the news. I mean, I am living a double life and it's hard to keep that balanced.

Minju and I are seated in the back. We always sit in the back, because we're quite tall and we don't want to block the view of everyone else. But also... we just love it in the back. It's like as if the chairs are cosier in the back than the ones in the front. If there is something we want to talk about during this meeting, we can do it unnoticed.

Slowly, the room is getting filled with more and more creatures. I still don't know how we are called, as I haven't heard anyone talk about it. Whatever we're called, I hate myself. I hate myself for being different and I'd like to know what has happened to me, because why do I look rich and why are my parents so poor? I still don't have the answers that I want actually.

The leader of this organisation, Ha Moon Jin, enters the room. The room goes silent immediately and Moon Jin starts to chuckle when he notices that the room goes silent. Well, he taught us to be quiet when he enters the room. So we automatically stay silent when he enters the room.

''Come on, come on. There's plenty of time until we have to start, so continue to talk please. It fills the room quite a lot and I enjoy to welcome people in a crowdy room.'' Moon Jin says while he chuckles.

I look at Minju and both of us have no idea what is going on. Usually, he doesn't like it when we're talking. But now, he suddenly does? Well, I get the point that there's still plenty of time before the meeting starts.

''I have no idea what is going on.'' Minju is confused.

I nod when I look at her. I also have no idea, but I won't complain. I feel quite anxious, especially after what Minju experienced. If it turns out that those rumors from earlier turn out to be true, I'm a dead man. The king hates non-human creatures and I believe he wouldn't feel sorry to kill his own child, even if the whole country will hate him afterwards.

''Do you think that the king has sent spies to keep an eye on us?'' Minju whispers and I look at her with fear in my eyes.

I raise my shoulders, but I keep my mouth shut. Who knows? The king is someone who definitely would bring in spies to keep an eye on us, because we are a disgrace to the country according to him. 

''He better not.'' I softly hiss.

Then, I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I look up and it's Moon Jin who stands next to me.

''You have a minute, Taekwoon?'' Moon Jin asks and I nod, while exchanging a look of anxiety with Minju.

I get up from my chair and I follow Moon Jin outside. I have no idea what he wants to talk about, but I'm sure he wants to talk about the rumors that are spreading across the room tonight. 

Moon Jin and I make our way to another room, where it's definitely more quiet. I take a seat and Moon Jin takes a seat across from me. He looks tensed and scared at the same time. Oh boy, I wonder where he wants to talk about. 

A/N I'm finally back after months. I work fulltime now, so I won't have as much time to write as I did before. Also, I am back on Wattpad where I work on non-kpop stories. I'm sorry that this chapter is , I had no idea what to write :(