~ 2 ~

The son no one knew existed

At Jae Young's house, we continue to talk about what just happened. We know that the king continues to search for his son, but why isn't he stopping after all these years? His son won't pop up anytime soon if he was still alive. But oh well, the king does whatever he wants. I don't care, as long as he doesn't bother to interfere in our lives.

''I feel like this was the heaviest search the king has ever ordered.'' Jae Young says and his facial expression show that he still is confused about what happened. All of us are still confused about what happened, but we are kinda annoyed at the same time. Some of my friends are annoyed because of what was said earlier, which they agree with. I have powers, which I still am confused about, and the king wants people like me dead. On the other hand, some of my friends are annoyed because of the fact that they are done with those updates that we get from the king.

''Things are about to become worse.'' I continue and everyone else hums. We try to let go of this topic by simply changing it. Jae Young even shares that at one of his upcoming classes, the king will stop by and that the king has shown interest in what they are learning about. I simply have to hide that I am not a scholar, but my friends know so that is completely fine. I hope that the king won't ask me one day, because I am a dead man for sure. We continue to have a drink and we switch the topic again to something funny Jae Young experienced a while ago, which results in us bursting into laughter. Jae Young is a type who most likely will end up in embarassing moments, but funny enough for us to laugh about.

It doesn't take long before a voice asks to come in and when I look up, it's the gisaengs that come by nearly everyday. Jae Young is quite popular among the scholars and it sometimes raises the jealousy among other scholars, but Jae Young is popular because of his appearance. Literally every gisaeng we have come across, are all in love with him. Even when we pass people on the market, I hear women talking about how handsome Jae Young is. Jae Young is quite a flirt and loves to flirt with women, but never has given himself a chance to date a woman. Me and the other guys of our group of friends aren't too into it, even though time will come for us aswell. Jae Young lets the ladies enter his house and they take a seat inbetween us. The gisaengs start to pour us a drink and Jae Young flirts with the two gisaengs on both of his sides. 

''Have you heard of what happens outside?'' one of the gisaengs asks Jae Young in a whiny voice. Jae Young chuckles and nods, but doesn't speak until he finished his drink. Jae Young is such a heavy drinker, so he should be glad that he is at his own house in case he gets severely drunk. I usually take 3 drinks and then I stop, because it will affect my powers severely if I drink more than 3 cups. Gisaengs never like to hear it when you call it quits with drinks, but they respect my decision when I lie that I get sick after 3 drinks. If I knew how I ended up with these powers and what I should do with them, I could make a decision by drinking more to make it disappear. I don't like it to be different, but what can I do?

''Yes, we know. But we don't pay attention to that. We only know that the king is looking for his son and is refusing to give up that his son might be dead. We don't care much about it. I mean, why would we?'' Jae Young says and the gisaengs start to giggle. Jae Young knows how to throw a good party with not that many people, even without the gisaengs. The gisaengs never have made any attempt to make contact with me, but I think I know why. To them, I have a weird vibe over me and they don't like that vibe. They are terrified of me in fact and I don't disagree with that. I even am terrified of myself actually.

''Maybe the king is still in denial of that.'' one of the gisaengs says and she has a very dark smile on her face, but I decide to ignore her. I don't like her, I don't trust her. But what can we do? The last thing I want, is to throw a tantrum. So I just ignore this and I focus on the gisaengs next to me. They haven't spoken to me, but it's okay. I mean, I don't want to force them to talk to me. Because they won't come back to Jae Young's house if I throw a tantrum over here.

In the time that Jae Young is flirting with the gisaengs, I'm getting up from the table and I make my way outside. Some friends follow aswell and we take a seat outside. We know all too well that I hate it that gisaengs push me away just because of the vibe they get from me. I know I am different, but I'm certainly not an evil person. At least, I think I'm not. As long as I don't have answers on who I truly am, I assume that I'm not evil. And my friends trust me aswell, so there is no reason to be suspicious of me.

''Good thing you chose to leave, because I felt uncomfortable aswell. Like, I don't like these gisaengs at all. There is something about them that I don't like.'' Jin says and I nod when I look at him. Jin is actally called Hee Jin, but prefers to be called Jin. Jin is slightly older than me, but he doesn't like gisaengs at all. He always fakes it, because he rather wants to be around a woman that he truly loves and who he doesn't have to use as a toy.

''Oh tell me about it. They haven't talked to me one bit. I could tell that they don't like me and although I am okay with that, they pretend I have never existed. Like, do I look like I'm evil?'' I share with him and Jin groans. Oh well, let Jae Young have his moment with those gisaengs. I wonder why he let those gisaengs come over at daytime, because they usually come over at night. Or is Jae Young plotting something for tonight? Who knows?