The First Night On Earth

Caution: Crashing on Earth!

 

A soft sigh of satisfaction left Onew as he had eaten a big bowl of spicy instant noodles, topped with some blanched vegetables, panfried sausages and a fried egg.

Heejin was surprised by how much the young man could eat. He looked like he had been starved for a long time for him to eat such an amount of food!

"We should get you some clothes." Heejin nodded her head, trying to keep in her laugh after seeing him walking around in cute pink pyjamas.

"I don't have money used on Earth." Onew commented with his head lightly tilted to the side.

"How about getting you a job while you're here? You can find a part-time job, fix your spaceship." 

Onew's lips tugged up, his head bouncing up and down joyfully.

"Sounds like a good plan!"

Heejin smiled as well, taking her laptop and opening a new internet window to go to a shopping site.

"What kind of clothes do you wear at SH... What was it called again?" Heejin asked, clicking not he section for men and scrolling through the page with her computer mouse.

"It's SHN07. Our clothes are made with special fabric that help us with the heat on the planet but they're nothing extravagant or anything." Onew explained, pointing to a few pieces of clothes he liked.

Heejin nodded, realizing that the clothes he chose were pretty alright, so she gave the computer mouse to him and went to the kitchen to do the dishes.

Onew was immersed in choosing the things he liked, filling the shopping cart with clothes he found good to wear.

"You can sleep in the storage room. I pushed aside some of my stuff." Heejin said after a while, pointing to a room where the just came out from.

"Thank you. I don't need much space!" Onew smiled widely before pointing to the laptop screen.

"They'll arrive these days. You can just stay home till you get your clothes." Heejin said while paying for the clothes.

The young man nodded thankfully, feeling very lucky that he found someone that wanted to help him.

At first Heejin was very skeptical and even very creeped out but she was actually a friendly and warm person who liked helping.

Onew felt happy as he sat on the chair.

"I still have a grou project to finish so you can go and take a rest. I'm going to keep working on it. Goodnight." Heejin said after picking up the laptop and disappearing into her room.

She placed her laptop on her bed and looked at the door for a moment.

Without making too much noise, she stood up and quietly locked the door, just to be sure because you never know.

As hse jumped onto her bed, the moonlight shined inside through her window.

Now that she was alone in her own room and was calmed down as well, it really felt surreal.

Someone who claimed to be an alien was actually in her appartment and she even saw his ruined spaceship that turned into the size of a toy!

Heejin bit the insides of her cheeks before a little sigh escaped her.

'I wonder if I made the right decision? He does look like a nice person. How movies and literature depict aliens isn't always right... Right...? He doesn't look blue, doesn't have big black eyes, doesn't look like a monster who's out for blood and sacrifices either.'

"Stop thinking, focus on the project." Heejin reminded herself as she clicked open the document she was working in before and continued to do he part.

While she was busying herself with the school assignment, Onew looked around him, a little sigh escaping his throat.

The smile he had before disappeared, replaced by a light frown.

"I have to quickly repair my spaceship and return home." Onew muttered to himself, sadness filling his heart because he ended up in such a big accident!

He looked at his broken spaceship, another sigh leaving him.

The young man tapped his wrist one time, his personal watch appearing and showing its beautiful blue color.

He scrolled through the projected screen, taping on a series of what seemed to be numbers. In an instant, a little in-ear appeared in Onew's right ear and the screen turned to a loading circle.

BEEP... BEEP... Connecting.... Connecting... Unable to connect to system. Please try again later.

Onew slumped in his chair, feeling defeated after hearing these words inside his right ear.

Even after he tried three times, there wasn't any luck in connecting to SHN07 at all.

Unable to connect to system. Problem with connecting to system. Unable to find signal to SHN07. Please try again later.

"I'll try later." Onew comforted himseof with a nod and a pat on his shoulder before walking towards the storage room.

It was a small room, not too big, filled with a bookcase and some boxes, as well as a wardrobe that seemed to be filled with some extra blankets and clothes.

Next to the wall he found a blanket placed on the floor and an extra blanket folded nealty in a square with a pillow on top.

A soft hum escaped him as he sat down, finding it a bit hard on the floor like this.

The beds he was used to were soft and springy, amazingly comfortable and nice to sleep on.

Now it was replaced with hil sleeping on the floor, merely seperated with a blanket that had to make do as a mattress.

With a soft sigh he laid down on his side and placed his head on the soft pillow, feeling satisfied that at least the pillow was soft enough for him to sleep.

Onew closed his eyes, snapping his fingers but the light inside the room was still well lit.

He opened his eyes again and looked at the light bulb that was shining brightly and lighting the storage room completely.

He tried again by snapping his fingers but the light was still on.

'Does the light here work differently?' Onew wondered in his heart while crawling up again and going towards the door where he found a switch.

After pressing it, the light bulb stopped giving light and the room turned dark with only the moonlight shining through the windows.

Onew laid down again, feeling extremely tired and sore over his entire body.

The fall down was pretty hard after all.

The fact he was still alive without anything broken was already a miracle!

And that was only because the safety system inside his spaceship was activated, otherwise he definitely would have been as flat as a pancake!

Soft typing noises entered Onew's ears and the ristling of paper could also be heard.

This storage room that he was staying in was right next to Heejin's bedroom, with only a wall in between to seperate the two rooms.

Onew could hear her sigh sometimes as well as mumble incoherent words that he didn't quite comprehend.

Like white noise, the sounds Heejin made while making her assignment for school, helped the young man drift into slumber, his muscles relaxing and his breathing steady.

 

 


 

Thank your reading this chapter!

Please subscribe and comment, please don't be silent readers, thank you!

Look forward for more ^^