Falling Stars

Caution: Crashing on Earth!

 

Sounds of people chatting filled the university building on a normal and sunny afternoon.

"Are you going to watch the meteor shower tonight?" Sunhee asked Heejin as the two friends walked through the busy hallways of their university campus.

The latter tilted her head slightly to the side as she looked at her best friend.

"Is there a meteor shower tonight?" she asked surprised.

Sunhee gasped, nodding her head furiously.

"Wasn't there news that suddenly tonight there would be falling stars? Don't know how come they didn't see this sooner but it's everywhere on the internet. Even our fellow students were talking about it. Were you daydreaming again?" 

Heejin smiled sheepishly, nodding her head lightly.

"I was thinking of buying something tasty before going back to the appartment." 

Sunghee pouted her pink colored lips together, her eyes narrowing slightly as a sound of envy escaped .

"Hmmmm, so nice! You have your own appartment! How many unversity students have their own place to stay at?" Sunhee complained jokingly.

"You're saying it like you never come sleep over." Heejin chuckled amused, slightly poking Sunhee's chubby cheeks.

"Why can't I have travelling parents who make enough money to give their daughter an appartment." Sunhee started to complain again as she stumbled forward towards the exit of the university building.

"There are downsides too. I can't always see them and I don't spend each holiday with them." Heejin complained back.

Sunhee pouted her lips again, giving a slight nod with her hair moving along.

"That's why I'm here." Sunhee grinned as she unlocked her bicycle and took it out of the metal bike parking slots.

"I still have a group assignment to do and have been procrastinating it for a few days already. If I don't do it tonight, my group members are going to complain that we won't be able to hand it in before the deadline." Heejin sighed a bit dejected.

"Alright," Sunhee nodded. "I'll try to catch it on camera for you, though I'm not sure if my photocamera can do it. Anyways, don't worry, I'll tell you about the experience in detail!" Heejin's best friend said cheerfully.

Heejin nodded, gave her bestie a nudge and a smile before walking towards the bus stop to get back and quickly get started on working hard for school.

The bus wasn't filled much so she had many seats she could choose from.

Like usual, she chose an one-person seat near the window and placed her bag on her lap before putting her earpods in and turning on playlist.

With a loud rumble the bus started to drive, swaying gently left and right.

It was a sunny afternoon with no clouds in the sky. It was great for later in the night if people wanted to watch the meteor shower properly.

The spring breeze lightly blew inside the bus through the small open windows on the side and the sounds of cars were soft because Heejin was listening to music.

She didn't live very close to the university campus and had to take the bus each day but after commuting like this for a few years already made it something she became used to it.

The bus would fill with old grandmothers who go home after some event, school students from school and kindergarten as well as a few fellow university students.

Because she ddin't had any more classes today, she could sit on a fairly empty bus which made her fele relaxed enough to gaze outside of the windows without any worries.

Little did she know that this day would be a day that changed her life forever.

 

Heejin stretched her arms high up in the air after working nonstop on her assignment, a yawn escaping her as she tiredly looked at the clock on her wall.

"It's already 10pm?" she yawned again, getting off of her chair.

She shuffled her way towards the kitchen and poured herself some fruit juice, her lips tugging up as she tasted the sweet juice.

"Let's take a walk and then continue finishing the assignment!" Heejin motivated herself, her fist pumping in the air as she smiled widely.

Her appartment complex was one of the many inside a good neighborhood.

They have their own garden with trees, grass, squares and benches and the guard at the gates of this neighborhood made sure no weird people could get inside so it was  quite safe as well.

Without thinking too much, Heejin slipped into her sneakers, grabbed a warm cardigan and went downstairs to get a good stroll to keep her awake so she could work harder.

It was quiet because many people had gone outside of the city to get a good look at the meteor shower or found a place further away from all the city lights.

With her hands in her cardigan pockets, Heejin strolled in a slow pace, taking in the fresh night air and enjoying the quietness.

All off the sudden that peaceful stroll was interuppted by a loud crashing sound which made even the ground underneath her feet shake and tremble, making her fall on her bottom.

"Auch!" she gasped in pain as she fell harshly on the cold and hard ground.

She looked around in complete confusion, wondering what had happened but all she saw was smoke a little further away from her.

"Did a motorcycle explode or something?" she muttered in question while crawling back up and patting off the dirt on her clothes.

Her head kept moving aruond, trying to find someone but the neighborhood was lonely, making her pout her lips together as she took smll steps towards the smoke. 

What she found was beyond her imagination!

In the middle of the square was a big crater, the stones of the ground being smashed into multiple pieces that laid pathetically around the huge hole.

The smoke seemed to be a bit stronger the closer she walked but no matter how she looked, she didn't find anything that could explode and create this much of smoke.

She was even a bit scared something would explode again and also catch fire! 

With hesitant steps, she neared the crater, only to see something through the blurry smoke.

"Hello...?" she asked carefully, finding something that looked like a machine inside the crater.

'Is that a car? That's impossible. This place doesn't allow cars.' Heejin thought narrowing her eyes in an attempt to look through the smoke.

Heejin's curiosity grew as well as her confusion but that didn't stop her from getting even closer as she tried to discover just what happend to make such a big noise and give off some much smoke.

Her hands tried to fan away the smoke as she moved in ways to try and find out what created the crater.

"Oh my...!" the young woman gasped, her jaw almost falling off as he looked at the mess that was made up of what seemed to be scrap metal and broke devices.

'Did this thing fall from the sky?!' she wondered, her head lifting up to look at the dark blue sky. 'A UFO?!'

Her eyebrows knitted together and her lips were pressed together in a light pout as she tried to make sense of what she saw. 

It looked like a scene straight from a sci-fi movie!

'No way that this thing entered this neighborhood just like that. This huge mess... Doesn't it mean it jsut fell down from the sky?! Aliens...?! No way, they don't exist...' Heejin was getting more and more confused.

"No.. Heejin... You've worked too much on that assignment. you're tired. Let's go home. Yeah... Let's go back and take a nap." the student talked to herself, quickly turning around so she could walk away like she saw nothing, really believing that she was hallucinating.

She didn't even take two steps away when she suddenly felt something grab her ankle.

A loud shriek escaped and she tried to shake off whatever was grabbing her ankle in pure panic, flailing her arms around her and making weird scared sounds.

"Aaaah! Ohh! Ah! What! What?! Let go! Let go!! Take it away! Don't touch meeeee!" she rambled in a loud voice, goosebumps covering her entire body.

"H...Help... Help m-me." a weak voice spoke, making Heejin go silent.

She blinked her eyes a few times, seeing a person laying on the ground who looked to have crawled through a filthy place because his hair was messy and dirty while his clothes were covered in dust and smudges.

"Oh no! Are you alright?" she asked shocked, bending down to look better at the person who laid weakly on the ground.

It was a young man, his face covered in black smudges.

"What happend?" she asked, not sure if she should move him away from the thing that might explode any minute or just let him stay there in fear of him having any wounds on his body.

"Crashed...I crashed." he sighed a bit, trying his best to crawl up, only to fall on his bottom.

He turned his head to look at the crater and the mess around it, his expression turning into a grimace.

"Crashed? From where?" he could hear the young woman ask him but all he had attention to was the mess in the crater and how messed up he looked.

He turned his head back to the student and tried to ask as friendly as possible.

"Can you help me?" 

Heejin stopped talking, nodding her head.

"Yeah! Of course! Why am I even asking when I should call the ambulance!" she gasped, quickly fishing out her phone from the backpocket of her jeans.

She unlocked her phone, planning to call for help but the person who crashed quickly stopepd her by standing up quickly, shaking his head furiously.

"No, no! Don't call!" he gasped in shock, his hands moving left and right as he tried to make sure Heejin wouldn't call any ambulances or police agents to this place.

"Eh? Why not? You're alright? You didn't hurt yourself?" 

The person shook his head before looking around, finding the surrouding very quiet with no other people around. 

He took unsteady steps towards the scrap metal, making Heejinf eeling even more confused.

She didn't know what that person did but all off a sudden the broken machine inside the crater emmited a soft blue glow, only to have it shrink in size till it was as little as it could fit inside one's handpalm!

Heeji's jaw fell down again, her eyes widening as she tried to make sense of what she just saw.

"Did that... Did you.. What just happend?!" Heejin couldn't even speak properly anymore as she pointed at the now destroyed strones of the square where no scrap metal was to be found anymore.

Even the smoke seemed to have been dissipated!

That person placed the miniature of whatever that thing was inside his pocket before looking at the young woman who was in pure shock.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Onew and I'm from planet SHN07. I had to make an emergency landing on Earth because of the space rocks. You're the first human I met.. Can you pelase help me?" he asked, his voice still sounding a bit weak and raspy.

"Are you drunk?" she asked immediately.

Onew shook his head.

"Are you on drugs?"

He shook his head again, his eyebrows knitting together lightly.

"Then why are you saying things that creep me out?" Heejin asked directly, not even trying to make herself sound friendlier.

Onew blinked twice before tilting his head lightly to the right side.

"I don't understand what part of what I said made you creep out...?" he asked, looking really lost. 

"You talk like you're not human." Heejin complained.

"I am not a human of this planet though." Onew said without blinking.

"Stop creeping me out." 

"Just what is it that's creeping you out?" Onew asked again, his voice sounding a bit more impatient the second time.

"Planet SH whatever... What, are you an alien?" Heejin snorted but her smile faltered when Onew nodded his head.

"According to the language used on this planet, yes I can be identified as an alien. I'm not from this planet and neither am I human like you people. I was in my spaceship travelling around when I got hit and crashed down here." Onew tried to explain his situation but this only made Heejin even more creeped out!

Heejin parted her lips, planning to say something but she didn't know what she had to say as her mind was like it was turned upside down.

She blinked a few times before pressing her lips again and turning around, planning to walk away and pretend she didn't see anything nor hear someone saying he's an alien from outerspace.

Onew wasn't planning to lether leave though as he took a few big steps, taking her wrist gently to stop her in her track.

"I'm not lying. I'm really not from this planet. I can't go anywhere. Can you not help me?" Onew asked, his eyes turning a bit teary as he looked at Heejin with puppy eyes.

Heejin felt her heart skip a beat.

'No stop. Don't think he's cute while looking like a lost puppy! This guy is nuts, saying he's an alien... I...'

"Please? I don't know anyone here and I can't go back with my ship broken." Onew pouted his lips together, making Heejin feel weak.

He looked like he crawled out from a filthy pile of dirt and even his clothes were ripped and were definitely not usable anymore for in the future.

Hell, the poor guy even looked like he was starving and could only roam around to find a bench to sleep on!

"It's not safe to bring a stranger back home." Heejin tried to convince both her and Onew but the young man shook his head, his eyes looking innocently at her.

"I'm really not dangerous! I can even protect you from bad people if you want me to!" Onew said, patting a fist on his chest to show Heejin could trust him.

The student was about to reject helping him because she really felt skeptical of bringing someone back who says he's an alien but as she was about to tell him no, she noticed the wounds on his body.

All the skin she could see were scraped and some wounds were still bleeding.

"Fine." she grumbled before seeing Onew's face lightening up, his eyes almost twinkling like little stars in the night sky.

He followed the student back towards her appartment, his pace slow and unsteady because he as covered in wounds and obviously fell down from outer space down.

Fact he was still living was a miracle!

Heejin slowed down her pace, making sure he wouldn't suddenly faint without her knowing.

Once she got inside her building, she pressed on the button of the elevator and waited patiently for it to come down.

Her appartment building was pretty modern, bright lights making sure everything was lit well.

TING

The elevator doors opened slowly before Heejin and Onew walked inside.

Heejin lived pretty high, on the 10th floor.

TING

Onew took little steps out of the elevator, following the female student towards the end of the hallway, waiting patiently for her to open the door.

She pressed in the password of on the keypad lock before a soft sound rang, the door clicking open.

Onew took off his shoes when he saw Heejin doing this, slipping into the slippers she fished out from somewhere.

"Euhm... How about you take a shower first? You're really dirty. Once you're clean, we can dress your wounds." Heejin proposed, earning a nod from Onew.

She quickly showed him where the bathroom was and shoved some clothes inside his hands before closing the door to give him some privacy.

Once inside the bathroom, Onew looked at the mirror, surprised by his own reflection.

He really looked wrecked!

Pouting his lips slighty together he carefully took off his dirty clothes, making sure that he took out his miniature ship, placing it on a little table that was inside the bathroom.

"I wonder if my ship can get fixed." he muttered before staring at the shower and wondering how he had to use it.

 

 

 

 


 

Hope you liked this first real chapter! Sorry for the long wait ~ 

Please subscribe and comment, please don't be silent readers, thank you!

This story has finally taken off, please give it a lot of support and look forward to find out more of Onew's adventures on Earth ^^