Mixing In

Caution: Crashing on Earth!

 

Onew was washing the dishes after finishing breakfast, making sure everything was clean after the mess he made while trying to cook.

Heejin had scolded him when she found out her kitchen was almost on fire right after waking up!

It wasn't that he couldn't cook but because the machines for cooking were completely different from the ones he was used to back on his home planet.

The young man sighed lightly, taking the bowls and plates out of the soapy water before rinsing them and letting them air dry.

"I'm going to class. Are you sure you're going to be alright?" Heejin asked, feeling a bit worried as she looked at the still pink clad alien.

Onew nodded his head, his lips lightly tugged up into a gentle smile.

"I'll be receiving the packages we ordered yesterday." he nodded his head firmly.

Heejin nodded her head as well even though she felt a bit worried about leaving him alone in her appartment.

"Don't cook while I'm not home." she almost begged the young man.

"Don't worry!"

Heejin hummed, slipping into her white sneakers, ready to leave, only to be stopped by her new alien aquintance.

"Ah, right! Heejin. Is it okay if I leave here for a little bit after receiving the packages? I want to go search for a way to earn money." 

"Sure, no problem. There's a spare key in the box over there and also an entrance card for entering the gates to the appartment complexes. I'll have to go now or I'll be late." Heejin said in a fast pace, it almsot seemed like she was rapping!

"Alright! Have fun!" Onew beamed, watching the university student pull the door behind her and leaving the appartment quiet again.

He dried his hands on a kitchen towel before plopping himself on the couch in the living room.

The sun was shining and there were birds chirping happily as a new day had started byt Onew felt really out of place.

Earth wasn't his home planet, he had to crash land on this blue planet but with his transport back home broken to pieces, his heart felt complicated.

A soft sigh escapd the young man as he looked at the black television screen.

Not knowing what to do, he jus sat there on the couch, for an hour long, staring in front of him.

It was like time didn't even tick by and that he was stuck in a timeless painting, waiting for something to happen.

After feeling his back turning a bit sour from sitting too long, the alien stood up and checked his wounds, a little smile finally appearing on his face when he discovered that the wounds he had were already healing realy quickly, only a few placed with lighter skin were visible.

With a happy expression, he pulled off the bandages that Heejin had plastered on him from his bigger wounds, those having been healed very good as well, only a few scabs left on them.

If Heejin had seen his wounds right now, she would probably make quite a scene!

After all, no human would be able to heal this quick!

The young woman didn't know though that the moment Onew crashed on Earth, his wounds were even worse but they just had healed pretty fast!

With a tap, Onew's watch appeared on his wrist.

He scrolled through the projected screen and ticked here and there on a few buttons.

"I should make some money to get material for my spaceship. Let's sell a few things first and look for a job as well." the alien talked to himself, tapping something on the screen.

A few pieces of rocks appeared on the table before the blueish projection screen disappeared along the alien watch.

Onew took one of the rocks in his right hand and threw it lightly in the air a few times, his eyes shining.

"These should do the job, right?" he nodded satisfied.

In his understanding, these rocks were could be useful anywhere. Just the organisations who study astronomy science would be interested in the materials found outside Earth!

The alien was wondering if ther were anyhing else he could sell when the doorbell rang.

Onew quickly went to the door and opened it, seeing a delivery man with a few boxes placed in front of the door.

"Jang Heejin?" the  delivery man asked, checking on the smartphone he was holding while checking out Onew who was standing there in a cute pyjamas outfit.

The delivery man had to hold his laugh back and it hurt his stomach but he had to stay neutral!

Onew quickly nodded.

"You're Jang... Heejin?" the delivery man asked suspicious, scanning the alien from top to toe.

"I had an accident so she ordered some clothes for me because I..." Onew started to explain before pressing his lips together and using his hands to show the delivery man in just what kind of clothes he was walking around.

The delivery man's expression turend soft immediately and he even seemed to show pity to the young man.

"Just sign here, please." he quickly said, showing him the machine he took out from his pocket.

Onew tilted his head to the side, not sure what he had to do and how he should sign it, staring at the machine with confusion in his eyes.

"How do I sign?" Onew asked carefully but the delivery man didn't seem to mind and told him to jsut write his signature on the screen.

Still unsure, Onew wrote his name in his own language what seemed to be made of scribbles and symbols the delivery man couldn't understand.

It was good enough though so he placed the machine back into his pocket.

"Thank you. Have a good day." he said before walking away to continue delivery packages to other people.

"Thank you!" Onew said before the man disappeared in the elevator.

He took a look at the boxes before taking them in one time back inside.

The alien was quite satisfied with the clothes and happily started unpacking them, trying them out and placing them in the room he was staying at.

After cleaninge verything up, he changed into a new outfit, getting rid of the too cute pink pyjamas.

He chose a pair of dark colored jeans, a simple blue sweater and black sneakers.

A joyful smile appeared on the alien's face, happy that he looked a bit more normal.

The clothes weren't that different from what he was used to, only the material was probably different as his homeplanet was a very warm planet.

Even though it's spring, he felt a bit cold so he put on a jacket as while before leaving the house with the few rocks he took out from his watch.

Before he could even get out of the little neighborhood, he heard the commotion around the place where he crashed.

The big crater and the chaotic mess of rocks and twigs and leaves made it look pretty special.

Onew's heart skipped a beat, a soft sigh escaping him that luckily he had took his spaceship with him, otherwise it would create even more havoc!

"Just what happend here! Is it a sinkhole?" one of the older ladies that was standing near the crater asked her fellow old friends.

"Maybe it was lightening?" and old grandpa asked, only to get an eyeroll from his old wife;

"What are you saying? Are you this old already. Yesterday was a clear day and night!" she lightly scolded her husband who seemed to ignore her nagging.

"I wonder what could have caused this?" a mother with a toddler in her arms asked.

Onew pressed his lips together and quickly left the place, feleing bad for having messed up the ground.

Shaking those thoughts off of him, he tilted his head to the side, wondering which way he should go. 

Since he didn't know, he just deicded to walk, strolling through the streets and searching for a place to sell the rocks in his pockets but there really wasn't any place he could sell it.

The shops he did walk inside that sold a big variety of gemstones weren't interested in the rocks, making him feel a bit dejected.

His stomach growled in protest, feleing hungry, making the alien sigh once again.

'Maybe I should go search for Heejin.' Onew wondered, remembering seeing the name of her university on the books she took with her before leaving.

After asking around, he finally strolled towards the campus, the sun shining bright high in the air.

The university campus was filled with students, making it a bit difficult for Onew to find the one he was searching for.

 

-

 

"It was really pretty to watch! There were a lot of falling stars and they were shining like glitter in the sky." Sunhee enthousiastically told Heejin as their class ended.

Heejin was listening attentively as she placed everything back into her bag as it was lunch break.

"I went with my cousin and he brought some snacks for a night picknick. He also made some sandwiches and it was just really fun. Luckily it wasn't too cold either." Sunhee continued to explain everything in detail.

"Can you sleep after eating so much that late?" Heejin asked with a grin, earning a small push from Sunhee was felt offended.

"Of course I can! I can even eat an entire fried chicken!" Sunhee said proudly.

Heejin chuckled, shaking her head lightly.

"You didn't see anything? You were completely immersed in your group project?" Sunhee asked a bit disappointed. "Look how pretty." the cute young woman showed her best friend the photos she tried to make with her camera.

The university student was thinking about how last night was definitely special!

It gave her shivers even now!

Heejin nodded absentminded as Sunhee was talking to her.

She wasnt' concentrating on the beautiful photos that her friend had taken, but her head was filled with the spaceship, the broken ground near her appartment and also the alien that called him Onew.

She had come to accept that he was definitely not human, but jsut thinking too much about it was giving her a headache.

It was easier for her to just accept that he wasn't an Earthling.

"Heejin! Are you listening to what I'm saying?" Sunhee asked while snapping her fingers in front of Heejin's eyes, having noticed that her best friend was walking in a daze.

The latter blinked a few times and gave Sunhee a light sheepish smile.

"How much did you work on that project? Why aren't your group members doing anything?" 

It was clear that Sunhee was annoyed by the fact that her friend was doing most of the work. 

"No, It's not-" before Heejin could even finish, Sunghee had already interrupted her.

"You have been working so hard on this project but I don't see them working much when it is a group project. GROUP!" Sunhee huffed, fanning herself because she felt she was on fire!

Heejin helped fanning her with her two hands while giving her a sweet grin.

"Only you are thinking the best for me." she said cutely.

Sunhee rolled her eyes lightly before placing her hands on her hips.

"You look like you didn't sleep well either." Sunhee grumbled.

Heejin wanted to explain that it was not only because of her group assessment but because Onew suddenly popped out of nowhere! 

Well... Crashed.

The two friends were walking towards the cafetaria of the university campus when they heard some commotion of their fellow students.

The two girls looked at each other, wondering what had happend.

"Did an actor or an idol come to our campus?" Sunhee asked, getting excited and curious to find out hwat was happening.

She grabbed Heejin's wrist and pulled her along with her to where people were gathering and looking.

"I'm really sorry." a familiar voice said, making Heejin's eyes widen.

"No, no. It's my fault. I wasn't looking " a female student stammered nervously while speaking sweetly. She quickly tried gathering all the books and papers that had fallen to the ground.

There were really a lot of papers scattered so the two people who bumped against each other tried to quickly gather them again.

"Woah, look. That guy is so good looking!" Heejin could someone tell her group of friends, the friends nodding and humming in agreement;

Heejin tilted her head lightly to the side and tried to walk a bit closer, surprising Sunhee.

Heejin wasn't the person who usually would like to gather at too busy places and enjoy what was happening around her.

As Heejin finally got a better view, she saw a young man that she recognized immediately.

But instead of the cute pink pyjamas, he was wearing a proper outfit, making him look quite good looking indeed!

"Onew...?" 

"Heejin!"

 

 


 

Hope you liked this chapter!

Please don't forget to subscribe and to comment! :D Thank you very much

 

Sorry for the long wait, I have been busy withprivate stuff ><