Snacks and Bets

A House of All Sorts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

M for swearing

Somin couldn’t sleep. If she couldn’t sleep then she’d go to her desk and write but at the moment, she’s not even feeling it. The usual next suggestion to that was food, so she went down to their kitchen, rummaging through the cabinets for food. Ramen? Too hot. Ice Cream? It’ll give her too much energy to sleep right after. Cereal? Hmm, cereal is okay. She was enjoying her cereal when she saw Jong Kook enter the kitchen. "Hi, oppa!" She waved.

Jong Kook nodded at her. "Clean up well after eating, arasseo?" He said.

"Neh, oppa!" Somin smiled widely at him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm just going to sit by the pool." Jong Kook pointed to the pool area before opening the sliding door. "Enjoy your snack!"

Sechan felt the tiniest tinge in his stomach after playing computer games for a few hours now. He thought it would be reseolve by drinking water instead of eating late at night and that is how Sechan found Somin at the countertop with a big bowl in front of her next to a gallon of milk and a box of cereal. “What are you doing?” He asked.

“I’m eating, isn’t it obvious?” Somin shrugged. “Come, eat.”

“I was just going to get water but I’m a bit hungry too.” Sechan explained, “I’ll get a bowl.”

“Andwae! If you get a bowl, I’m not washing it.” Somin shook her head. “You’ll wash both bowls if you get one as well.”

Sechan halted his steps towards the cabinet where the bowls were and opted for a spoon instead, digging into the cereal that was in front of her. “It’s good, right?” Somin asked, “It’s my favorite.”

“It is.” Sechan nodded while chewing. “Why didn’t you cook ramen?”

“Too lazy,” Somin answered. “Plus, cereal doesn’t need to be cooked.”

“Ah, you’re right about that.” Sechan nodded in understandingly manner. “Somin-ah, since we’re going to be living together,”

“Hmm?” Somin hummed.

“If you’re mad at me on the show, let stay it on the show!” Sechan grumbled. “Your anger lasts a week, sometimes even more!” He complained.

Sechan complaints only made Somin laugh out of instinct. “Yah, you’re too funny.” She said, “That’s called acting, pabo!”

“Sometimes I don’t know what’s with you, woman.” Sechan filled his mouth with cereal instead.

“You can’t be seriously annoyed at me when all I was doing was act.” Somin chuckled, “It’s not like I’m telling you to stop betraying me on the show!”

“Ey, you’re so easy to fool and betray, that’s why!” Sechan shrugged. “You betray me too, you know!”  

“It’s part of the game,” Somin smugly replied. “That’s how life treats you.”

“Yah, don’t include life on this part, you’re really unbelievable.”

Somin smirked. “Like, I said, real easy.”

“I’ll betray you next week,” Sechan groaned. “I really will! So, don’t come crying to me about it.”

“Okay, arasseo,” Somin imitated Jong Kook. “You get what you give, Yang Sechan. Don’t forget that.”

“You can’t betray me unless I betray you first, Jeon Somin.” Sechan flashed his eyes at her. “I have nothing to lose.”

“You’re on,” She accepted the challenged. “Yah, you wanna make a bet?” Somin asked with mischief evi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter