Love

Love and Loveless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2:

 

Love

 

 

 

Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho had been dating for a month, but there’s something unexplainable about the idea that some great force molded you for each other from the start. The two of them recognized that the affection they had for each other increased tenfold.

They were at Jaejoong’s house, inside his room, and sat on the edge of the bed with delight overflowing unimaginably. The taller man, Yunho, was holding Jaejoong’s arm in his hands and looked at his tattoo with intrigue. He has always said he never believed in soulmates, but now all that he doubted was right in front of him. The way he could control even just a mark on another person’s body was a reality that went beyond his mind. It was creepily fascinating… but it was also comforting… as if the answers to the loneliness he felt all his life were found in someone else.

“What are you doing?” Jaejoong softly chuckles while staring at the curious man.

“Trying to see how accurate this is,” Yunho said and tests if his thoughts would fumble onto the other man’s milky white skin. Jaejoong interestingly watches him do it and stares at his own arm.

‘,’ it says.

“HEY!” Jae pulls back his arm and pushes a laughing Yunho on the shoulder. “This man-child! Of all the words he could write!” Jae thought and pretends to be offended.

 

Later on, it was Jaejoong’s turn to wonder at the tattoo on Yunho’s back. Yunho has always disliked this - removing his shirt for others to observe like he’s some zoo animal. It makes him really embarrassed having to bare himself for people to stare at, but for Jaejoong, who smiles and gets a glimmer in his eyes from watching his tattoo change, he would consent. He knew it meant Jaejoong’s dreams had managed to seep its way into reality, and seeing his person happy made him happy too.

Yunho’s back was wide and toned, and the shifting tattoo resting on his shoulder blades suited him perfectly. Suddenly, Jae was giggling on his own.

“What is it?” Yunho asked in curiosity.

“Stay still,” Jae told him. And a -click- was heard on his phone, a sound of snapping a photo.

“What was that?” Yunho asked and turned to face his boyfriend.

Jaejoong only replied, “revenge,” before showing the picture to the other man, where his back could be seen and the words ‘soggy noodles’ were written across.

Now it was Yunho’s turn to say, “HEY!” and also pretend to be offended.

 

 

 

 

In the school building, by the lockers, Jaejoong was getting books from his shelf and nearby, Yunho was doing the same. They have different classes next and will be separated for a few hours. After getting their belongings, they faced each other and shared a gentle loving stare, mouths curved upwards from the lightness that filled their hearts.

“Uhh, hey, excuse me.” Suddenly their black-haired friend, Shim Changmin, came in and waved his hand between their faces, as if breaking the invisible bridge connecting their sights. “For public decency’s sake, please stop ogling at each other. Is it okay if I get my things?” He said and went to the locker in between the couple.

“Jealous? You’ll find someone too,” Jae teased.

“What? A month ago you two were arguing left and right about this fate and bond abstraction, and now the heavens seems to have smoothed that out for you magically. Ah, what am I complaining about. Go on, stare at each other like no one’s around, make out too, why don’t you?” He said, grunting.

Yunho took his friend by the shoulder and chuckled. “Don’t mind him, Jaejoong. He’s buzzed because of midterms. Let’s go, Changmin.” He said before the two of them went on to go to their class, leaving the fair-skinned man by the lockers. They hadn’t gotten far away when Jae saw the tall man wave at him among the crowd of students. He smiled and waved back, before Jung Yunho raised his left arm and pointed at it.

“Huh? Look at my arm?” Jaejoong looked down at his own arm and pulled up the long sleeve, revealing words that made his heart skip a beat and heat go up to his ears.

‘i love you,’ it sprawled on his skin, and he swiftly turned to look at Yunho who waved once more before going on his way.

Jaejoong stretched his sleeve back before he too, went to his class, an unstoppable smile draped across his face.

 

 

 

Days went on by and the world seemed a brighter place for Kim Jaejoong. Nothing could stop the uplifted vibes he had. Long lectures? He’ll take ‘em on. Surprise quizzes? He can handle it! After-school work, exams, and indefinitely grumpy professors? Pssh like a walk in the park… As long as Jung Yunho is there… existing and making it feel better, everything is tolerable.

 

‘flowers’

 

“Hm?” Jaejoong paused while walking towards one of the school buildings. “Flowers?” He read the tattoo on his arm.

That morning, he and Yunho didn’t have any classes together, and throughout the lecture, he would read stuff like, ‘get him flowers’ ‘roses’ ‘too common’ ‘cheesy’ ‘would he like flowers’

But Jaejoong wouldn’t know what to do with it if he was given flowers. He would appreciate the gesture, but he too was a man after all, and other gifts sounded better.

He thought of ways on how to tell Yunho this without hurting his feelings or being rude. Should he just let the man spend money on it and just pretend to be surprised?

Later after lunch, he saw the tall, handsome man go up to him in the hallways. They started walking side-by-side to their next class when Jaejoong out of nowhere blurted, “Lilies.”

The taller man looked at him in surprise and confusion.

“I’m not that into receiving flowers but if you’re getting me one, I’d prefer lilies,” Jae let him know.

Yunho stopped in his walk. “Heey!” He grabbed Jaejoong by the arm while laughing. “That’s unfair! You knew? How can I surprise you if you do this?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter