Bonus: Sprung From a Fairytale

Love and Loveless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus Chapter:

 

Sprung From a Fairytale

 

 

 

 

 

Jung Yunho has never thought his tattoo to be of importance.

When he was a young boy, girls in school would persistently ask him to show his tattoo to know if they were fated ones. He hated it as he had to remove his uniform and his undershirt just for some silly chance at a pipe dream. It was rubbish! So whenever a girl checked out his back, he would check their backs too and end up making the girl cry.

The idea was far-fetched to him, having parents whose tattoos didn’t reflect each other’s thoughts, yet they worked harmoniously. For Yunho, the tattoos don’t mean anything. We are not meant for anyone from the start, and we can choose who to love.

Years went by and he grew up. Many things changed, but his belief remained set - Love is something that requires effort.

 

 

 

One day during class, Yunho's focus was completely on the lecture. It was a huge class of around a hundred students, and any important detail was easy to miss. Out of nowhere, this loud disconcerting noise was heard,

 

 

"AA-CHOOOOO!!!!"

 

 

Someone's sneeze roared across the room. Laughter suddenly filled the hall and everyone stared at the one who disturbed the peace in the class.

 

But Yunho didn't laugh. Because in the middle of all the clamor, there sat a being so beautiful it was as if the heavens opened to personally shine light on him, even while he wiped his nose.

"Sorry!" The angelic creature said, the color high on his cheeks was visible even from where Yunho was sitting. Everyone laughed again.

To Yunho though, the voice he heard was equally as beautiful as its owner, and he was drawn so deeply, his focus waned through the rest of the lecture.

 

The next class, while Yunho was in his seat getting his notebook from his bag, this distinct clean voice was heard, "Excuse me?"

Yunho looked up just to find it was the heavenly being from his previous class (or very possibly from heaven in truth). His presence planted a flower that bloomed in Yunho's barren heart. Many many beautiful people came into Yunho's life but none as ethereal as this being. And he was even more beautiful up close. His clear wide eyes could engulf you, his fair skin was immaculate... And that mole on his cheek was the most adorable speck that graced the universe.

"Is this seat taken?" The lovely creature asked, pointing to the seat beside Yunho.

"N-no." Yunho has never stuttered in his life. He was always composed, unfazed. This was unlike him. Unable to stop himself, he then blurted out, "I saved it just for you." Gosh that was subtle. Great job, Yunho.

The beauty paused before laughing from what he heard. "Then I guess, thanks? Haha." His laugh was so charming it tickled Yunho's ears and soothed all his problems instantly.

Yunho couldn’t stop staring at the wonder that sat next to him, fixing his things, and sprinkling a little bit of fairy dust with every move. The most mundane of actions have suddenly become wonderful to behold.

Yunho knew that love does not automatically happen, yet here he was with such dizzying feelings. He shook his head and reminded himself that love is something that is given effort, so he started a conversation.

"I've seen you. We're classmates in 126."

The fair creature turned to look again with his large doe eyes. "Ahh right! Sorry about that." He looked away with a slight blush on his cheek as he remembered his monstrous sneeze. "I have a cold recently… That was embarrassing..." He laughed softly.

"No, it was a nice break from the boring lecture." The lecture wasn't boring to be honest, but Yunho couldn't help himself again and his smooth words started kicking in. It's no question as to why ladies easily like him. "I'm Jung Yunho by the way." He held out his hand.

The being stared a bit before smiling and taking his hand. "Kim Jaejoong," he responded.

And that was a name Yunho treasured, a single utter of it was a spell so powerful it could rid all unpleasantness in his day. He felt like he was on cloud nine.

 

 

 

 

Yunho learned that he had a few classes together with the heaven-sent being. He's gotten closer with him over the next few days. But more often than not, they wouldn't get along because like everyone Yunho despised when he was young, Kim Jaejoong was also obsessed with his soulmate. Someone he called his Love.

 

"That's not real," Yunho told him once while eating. They were having lunch around a table together with their slim, short-haired friend, Changmin. "How could two people be compatible on the spot without knowing each other first? Their likes, what they don't like... They grew up in different environments, adopted different beliefs, were taught different values..."

"Of course you would say that. You're a non-believer," Jaejoong rebutted, a stubborn set to his lips. This honestly irked Yunho because it wasn't even an argument at all. "Two people were made for each other, complimenting each of their strengths and weaknesses. That's why they're soulmates," Jaejoong said like it's the most common knowledge in the world.

"Relationships continue because of decisions and commitment. And firstly, relati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter