The Invitation

Pet Shop of Dreams

Chapter 1: The Invitation

 

Sunlight was gently gazing through the blinds of a room's window. The beams of light peered down as they slowly moved through the bright white room. Sheets rustled on the bed as a figured turned, deeply in a dreamless sleep as the light shone on his face. Only a peek of his golden hair peered above the sheets as he pulled them up over his face. The figure was unaware of the silent footsteps making their way to him. A lone dark hand quietly grasped the phone on the bedside table. Fingers danced across the screen of the phone as it was turned to silent and the alarm shut off. The figure quietly placed the phone back in its original spot as it stood to one side of the bed. The figure wore a predatory smile on his face as he looked at the turning figure on the bed. He looked to the clock as the hands reached Seven o'clock; he silently counted to three before he began his assault.

 

“Wake up, Leeteuk hyung!!” The figure screamed as they jumped on the bed. Leeteuk jumped high off the bed, screaming in fear as the figure laid on the bed laughing. Leeteuk glared at the figure on the bed as he laughed at the sight of Leeteuk.

 

"Lee Donghae!! What in the name of all that is holy were you thinking?" Leeteuk growled as he gave the teen what he called his Umma glare.

 

"I'm hungry and I didn't want to shake you awake, so I thought jumping on the bed would be better." Donghae pouted. "Besides, I know how you don't like to sleep past seven in the morning."

 

Leeteuk continued to glare at the pouting Donghae, seeing if he was telling the truth. When Donghae's pout kept firm on his face, Leeteuk sighed, letting his shoulders sag.

 

“Well, thank you for that Donghae, but you should know not to wake people up that way or you might...” Leeteuk started to say before loud stomping could be heard from the other end of the house. Donghae and Leeteuk looked at the door together as the stomping got louder.

 

“Donghae, please tell me you didn't?” Leeteuk fearfully asked.

 

“Well, I didn't want to wake you up first, so I tried to...”Donghae answered truthfully as he slowly tiptoed to Leeteuk's closet. As Donghae reached the closet's door, the stomping came to a stop, only to be replaced by a loud pounding on the door.

 

“Donghae, I know you're in there!!” A male voice shouted from behind the door. Leeteuk turned to look at Donghae, who had crawled into the closest before mouthing to him that he isn't here. Leeteuk looked back and forth at the door and closet, torn between helping poor Donghae from a fate worse than death or to let his other friend in before he busted the door down.

 

“I'm giving you to the count of three before I come in there for you to come out!! One...Two...” The voice shouted before Leeteuk opened the door.

 

“Heechul-ah!! Good morning. I see you are up an hour before you usually are.” Leeteuk grinned while trying to diffuse the bomb known as Kim Heechul. He looked at the sight before him as Heechul's dark hair was messily sticking up all over the place; his robe wide open revealing his pajamas when it was usually delicately wrapped all the way around him. Leeteuk knew that the only reason Heechul would come out in a state like this was someone or something disturbed his precious beauty sleep.

 

“Not now, Leeteuk hyung.” Heechul growled as he placed both of his arms on the door. His eyes and body language gave off a murderous aura. “Where is he?”

 

“Where is w..” Leeteuk began to ask before Heechul pushed his way into the room.

 

“You know perfectly well who. Now where is Donghae hiding? Can't he come out and face his death like a man.” Heechul complained as he swung a pillow around as if it was a dangerous weapon. Heechul stalked the room looking behind and under anything that Donghae could have used to hide behind or under. It wasn't until he was left with two options: Leeteuk's bathroom or his closet, that a muffled sneeze come from the closet. Heechul turned his gaze to the closet before looking at Leeteuk.

 

“Now, Heechul, let's just remember that Donghae..” Leeteuk started to say to calm Heechul down, but he was too late, as Heechul was already at the closet door. Heechul quickly slid open the door to see a puppy eyed Donghae looking up at him.

 

“There you are!! Time to die!!” Heechul roared as he raised his pillow to hit the flinching Donghae. Leeteuk quickly intervened and grasped the pillow from Heechul.

 

“We don't use violence in my room, Heechul-ah.” Leeteuk scolded as he hid the pillow behind his back. “Now, I'm sure whatever Donghae did to wake you up, he is very sorry.”

 

“I'm sorry, Heechul hyung!” Donghae cried as he nodded his head frantically as he bowed on his knees to his two hyungs. “I didn't mean to pull Heebum's tail and have him screech loudly in your ear. I'll do anything to make it up.”

 

“Anything??” Heechul mused as he looked at his apologetic dongsaeng. He rubbed his chin in deep thought as Leeteuk and Donghae looked on. Each had their own thoughts of what Heechul could possibly think of for Donghae to make up for ruining his beauty sleep.

 

“Got it. You, Lee Donghae, shall be my personal pack mule for when I go shopping for two weeks.” Heechul spoke as he pointed at Donghae.

 

“But you always buy so much!” Donghae whined. “Can't I just be your personal butler or something?”

 

“No! The last time I had you be my butler was a catastrophe. You shall be my pack mule or die. So what shall it be?” Heechul questioned as he leered at Donghae. Donghae looked between Heechul and Leeteuk, imploring Leeteuk to somehow save him. Leeteuk just shook his head no, knowing that once Heechul's mind was made, nothing would deter it. Donghae, after a minute of pouting, sagged his shoulders in defeat and nodded his head.

 

“Good! Now that is settled, we can leave Leeteuk here in peace as he gets ready before he cooks breakfast.” Heechul smiled as he placed his hand on Leeteuk's shoulder before leaving the room with a wave of his hand. Leeteuk shook his head in a mix of relief and disbelief before turning to look at Donghae.

 

“I tried to tell you last time to just come to me first to wake up when you're hungry. You should be glad that is all he wants is for you to be his pack mule for two weeks.” Leeteuk spoke as he helped Donghae off the floor of his closet.

 

“I know better now, but thank you for trying, hyung.” Donghae spoke as he bowed to Leeteuk. “I'll leave you to get ready.”

 

“You're welcome. Why don't you go ahead and turn on the T.V. and pick out something for us to watch after I get ready?” Leeteuk suggested as he lead the younger teen out of his room. Donghae nodded his head in agreement as he left the room as Leeteuk shut the door. Leeteuk leaned his back against the door before letting out a large sigh of relief. Looking at his bed side clock, saying now 7:15, he went back to his closet to pick out his clothes for the day. Finally, after 10 minutes of choosing from the different outfits he put together, he nodded his head in a final confirmation to himself, before grabbing his towel and heading to his shower.

 

* * * *

 

Leeteuk turned the water off, stepped out of the shower, careful not to fall, grabbed his plush blue towel, and started to dry himself off. Wiping a hand against the mirror, he grabbed his square-framed glasses and started to get dressed. Leeteuk didn't feel like standing out today, so he simply dressed himself in a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a white polo shirt. Walking out of the bathroom, Leeteuk made his way down the hall and knocked on Heechul's door.

 

“The bathroom is free now.” Leeteuk shouted through the door as he leaned against the wall near the door.

 

“Finally, sometimes I think you might be a girl in disguise, Leeteuk hyung. Though if you were, I would still be prettier.” Heechul complained, sarcastically, as he strolled out of his room with a pink towel in hand. Leeteuk shook his head in amazement at Heechul's remark before walking into the kitchen. He looked to see Donghae sitting at the kitchen island as he watched the T.V. from the living room. He was still wearing his little fish pajamas as he swung his feet back and forth, waiting for someone. Leeteuk smiled at the scene before him as he walked to the cupboards, looking for the skillet.

 

“So, Donghae, what would you like for breakfast?” Leeteuk asked as he pulled two skillets down from the cupboards.

 

“PANCAKES!” Donghae shouted as he turned around, jumping in his seat. Leeteuk chuckled at his dongsaeng as he gathered the ingredients to make his special pancakes. Mixing blueberries into the pancake mix as he started the stove top for the skillets. Pouring a small amount of the pancake mix into one skillet, Leeteuk started to fry a couple of slices of bacon as Donghae remained in his seat, bouncing excitedly. Minutes passed by as Leeteuk cooked and Donghae switched between watching the T.V. and talking to Leeteuk, as the older man finished the four plates of food.

 

“Finished!” Leeteuk called out to Donghae, satisfied with his final touches on the smiling face on the last pancake.

 

“Food!” Donghae shouted as he ran to Leeteuk and took two of the plates off the counter and walked to the table setting one of the plates down. As Leeteuk was taking his seat at the table, soft footsteps could be heard coming down the hall.

 

“Not even a scorching hot shower can wake me up.” Heechul grumbled as he walked into the dining room, wearing a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a white graphic t-shirt underneath a black hoodie. He looked around the room till his sight landed on Leeteuk and Donghae.

 

Who said you can start eating without me, especially you Donghae? As my pack mule, you're supposed to wait for me in all aspects.” Heechul spoke as he glared at the younger male. Donghae's shoulders fell as he placed the silverware down. Leeteuk frowned at the sight before him before turning to look at Heechul.

 

“Leave Donghae alone, Heechul-ah. While in the house, Donghae is not your pack mule and doesn't have to wait for you.” Leeteuk spoke as he defended Donghae, while giving the younger man a reassuring smile. Donghae perked up at Leeteuk's words and took a hold of his silverware again before starting to cut into the smiling pancake.

 

“Tsk, whatever. Just be ready by ten o' clock, Donghae. I need to get a few things for a couple of my classes and I need a model and my pack mule.” Heechul grumbled as he took his seat at the table. The three men ate in relative silence, when the patter of rushed footstep came from the hall. Another boy walked fast past the three men as he went to the refrigerator. The three boys looked up from the plates at the fast blur that past and saw their friend, Cho Kyuhyun, shifting things from within the fridge with one hand as he continued to look at the screen of his game console in the other. After a couple of minutes of searching, Kyuhyun's hand found the handle of the juice container and pulled it out of the refrigerator. He walked back to the table and set the jug down before taking his seat. His eyes never left the game screen as he started to pour himself a glass of juice. The three other men at the table looked at the younger teen as he completely ignored them. The group of friends ate in silence as the three watched Kyuhyun eat without letting his eyes leave the screen. Kyuhyun looked away from the screen and looked at his three hyungs look at him with mixed reactions.

 

“What?!” Kyuhyun asked annoyed at the three. The loud shout shook the three out of their trance as Kyuhyun looked at them.

 

“Nothing, Kyuhyun-ah. Though I thought we agreed that you would put your game on pause when you eat at the table?” Leeteuk questioned as he raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner.

 

“But, I'm close to beating this really tough player from Japan. Just this once can we ignore the rule, Leeteuk hyung?” Kyuhyun pleaded as he continued to play his game. Leeteuk looked at his dongsaeng and knew he had one of two options: Either let him play or don't and suffer through one of Kyuhyun's pranks.

 

“Fine, just this once.” Leeteuk sighed as he resumed eating. Kyuhyun gave a quick smirk in victory before returning to his game. Heechul and Donghae silently giggled at the short battle that took place between their two friends. After that, breakfast returned to short conversations about their classes and plans for the weekend when they finished the meal.

 

“Did anyone get the mail from yesterday?” Leeteuk asked as he started picking up the plates from the table.

 

“No, we thought you did after you came home yesterday.” Heechul quickly answered as he turned to a new page in his sketchbook.

 

“I was afraid of that. Could one of you go get it, please?” Leeteuk sighed as he walked towards the kitchen's sink.

 

“I'll do it.” Donghae volunteered cheerfully as he made his way to the front door.

 

“Thank you, Donghae and don't forget...”Leeteuk started to say before the front door slammed closed quickly.

 

“To change into normal clothes. I swear that boy needs to think before he acts sometimes.” Leeteuk mused to himself as he heard the front door reopened.

 

“Leeteuk hyung, you have something strange in the mail.” Donghae spoke as he walked back into the kitchen.

 

“Strange?” Leeteuk asked as he turned to look at Donghae. Donghae was holding onto a strange black envelope that had Leeteuk's full name written in golden letters. Leeteuk turned the envelope to open it and saw a strange gold seal the held it close. It was an ornate design with a large Gothic-like 'Z' on the back. Leeteuk broke the seal and removed a small ebony letter from the envelope. Leeteuk looked at the letter and the same gold ink that was used to write his name was used on the invitation.

 

Park Jungsu,


Congratulations, you have been chosen to attend a special private tea with the Count Zhou Mi. The event will be held at Count Zhou Mi’s Pet Shop Emporium. We expect your arrival at 2pm tommorrow sharp. Dress is casual and we congratulate you once again on this once in a lifetime event.

 

“Lifetime event?! Why are you the only one invited and not all of us?” Heechul complained as he read the invitation over Leeteuk's shoulder.

 

“I'm not sure why I'm the only one invited. I haven't done anything lately.” Leeteuk mused as he turned around to look at his friends.

 

“Maybe it's a random event, you know, like the lottery.” Donghae suggested innocently as he placed the rest of the mail on the counter.

 

“Lottery?” Heechul mused as he rubbed his chin in deep thought for a second time in a day.

 

“Oh, no, Heechul-ah. I am not going to go and just claim a prize so that you can use it to your delight.” Leeteuk spoke as he shook his head in disagreement, placing the invitation down on the counter.

 

“But that is exactly what you're going to do, Leeteuk hyung. Who knows what this event could lead up to? And since you're the only one who got an invite, you'll have to be the one to go and attend the event.” Heechul cheerfully argued back to the older man.

 

“But...” Leeteuk started to say.

 

“Doesn't matter Leeteuk hyung. You're going and that's that.” Heechul interrupted as he pulled out his laptop.

 

“Donghae go get ready, while I get directions to this pet emporium place.” Heechul spoke as he typed away at his laptop. Donghae gave a mock salute before running to his bedroom to get dressed. Leeteuk gave a long sigh before turning to look at his invitation once more.

 

'Lifetime event? I doubt that anything from a pet shop could give me the one thing I really want in this lifetime.' Leeteuk grimly thought as he turned around and walked back to his bedroom to get ready for his day. None of the three noticed the strange light that glowed outside their window that watched the exchange taking place before flying off into the sky.

 

To Be Continued . . .

A/N: Hi there everybody, I'm sorry for the long wait, but with AFF on the fritz for those few days, I wanted to wait to it was stable before I posted anything. I want to first thank everyone who subsrcibed and commented. Those two things really make me happy and write faster. Second, I want to ask if anyone either knows how or knows who can make a poster for this story. I will proudly admit that I am Photoshop illiterate and would greatly appreciate the help. Thirdly, I want to ask people should I make longer chapters or shorter chapters. This one is a little over five pages typed and wanted to typed more but didn't want you to be intimidated by it. Finally, I want to thank you for reading and please comment since it improves my writing, even if its a flame. Now its' time for the reply to comments aka Kaikan's Comment Corner.

 

A/N2: I, also want to apologise for the multiple deleting/editing the chapters. I'm never really satisfied with my work cause of some of my confidence issues and always thinking I need to change stuff, or I start to think you guys don't like it. I'm also going to post pictures of a few animals that will be, well for lack of a better word, "Pets" to some of our favorite guys for you guys to guess who they might be, First one is now on top. Please remember to comment and subscribe cause that helps me with both my confidence and my writing. The next chapter is 3/4 of the way done, I just have one more scene to write then have two scenes beta'd. So hope to see it sometime in the coming three to four days.

 

xCrimsonxAngelx: Well, this is just based on the manga. The manga is more like Grimm fairy tales and can be a bit gruesome at times. Well, maybe you're right and maybe you're wrong...You'll just have to continue reading to see who the frist pairing is! :P

 

ShAwOlLocKeT1221: Thank you Dongsaeng and I have my reasons for making them animals, you'll see.

 

SunnyELF15: You're welcome hunny!! You're always a great help to me and I hope I can keep you interested!

 

bohyemi, EunDooKyu, yukisnowz, zakuchan, anangel: Thank you guys for commenting I hope I can keep it interesting for you guys.

 

RaichuLove: Well, you're about to find out who the guy is. Hope you keep enjoying it!!