Make A Wish

Pet Shop of Dreams

A/N: Hi, everyone and thank you for clicking on this story. I've recently become a major fan of Super Junior and this idea has been nagging me, while I was writing a different fic. So I thought well, why not try to write both and work on them a chapter at a time. I want to thank SunnyELF15 for being the help friend that she is in helping me solidify ideas. Commenting is very much appreciated and encouraged, whether it be a flame, critique, or just your own idea what's going on. I would love to hear your ideas, especially for this chapter on who you guys think is the mystery guy from the beginning. Once again thank you for reading this, I hope you enjoy it and comment.

 

Update A/N: Okay, I should mention this. I'm a real perfectionist and I might update the story once or twice if I see something I want to change. So for my current subsricbers: Sorry, this isn't an update yet. I'm working hard on the next chapter and hope to have it up real soon!!

 

Update a/n for 3/12/12: Sorry for reposting this for a third time, but with AFF being down for a whole day. I just didn't want to take the chance of those who have read it and subscribed it, forgot about it or was deleted under the update. Sorry again and you will get a new chapter in the next couple of days. Thank you again.

 

Prologue: Make A Wish

 

In Seoul, there has always been a rumor: If you make a wish and write it on a tile or lock and place it on the Nam San Tower, it will come true. People all over the world come to do just that. Most of them wish for money or fame, while a few lonely hearts cry out and wish for everlasting love. Those wishes are heard the loudest. Recently, a newer rumor has been going around the town: If you wish from the heart, as pure as can be, for love at Nam San, you'll be invited to a pet shop in Seoul’s China Town. The owner grants the wishes of the lonely and broken-hearted. It's with this rumor that more and more people come to the tower. Their hands are full with hopeful wishes, curious to see if the rumor of the pet shop is true. It's also with this rumor that our story begins.” a male voice musically narrates to the audience.

 

* * * *

 

The happy laughter of teens filled the viewing area of the top of Nam San Tower. The bright smile on the teens' faces seemed to get bigger as their friends told jokes or shared the latest gossip at their school. While the teens continued on with their happy conversations, no one bothered to look at the one lone figure looking at the now-famous tile wall. The golden glow of the sun setting bathed the figure’s surroundings as he looked down at the tile in his hand. Written on it was, to some, a simple wish, but to him it was the one thing he desired most in the world.

 

'I wish I can find the one person who will love me for me.' the tile read. The figure looked at the simple tile. It was a small white tile with his wish written in black. He peered at the other tiles that covered the large wall. The tiles created an interesting array of colors. Some were plain like his while others were covered in fancy and creative designs. Separate, they didn't look like much, but with all the tiles together it radiated and acted as an amateur work of art.

 

'Mine is so plain compared to the other tiles on the wall. If the rumor is true, mine wouldn't be looked at with a second glance.' the figure thought grimly. He continued to look back and forth from his tile to the wall and back, wondering if he should place his tile on it or not. Minutes passed by like seconds. The figure still stood there after two hours of thinking as the sun vanished from the night sky, secretly being replaced by the dim moon light. The figure looked out onto the big, quiet city. He saw the street lights lead the way for the few people walking home at this time of night. With a final look at his tile, the figure stood up from his seat and approached the wall.

 

'I hope this rumor is true, but knowing my luck, it’s not. But if it is, I hope this shop owner can make my wish come true.' the figure thought hopefully. He leaned up and carefully locked the tile on the wall, away from the other tiles. He gave the wall a final look before peeking back up at his tile.


'Please, Lord, make this one wish come true.' the figure wished as he turned away from the wall. He made his way down the tower. Unbeknownst to him, the tile that he just placed on the wall gave off a dull golden glow as it disappeared from its place on the wall.

 

* * * *

 

Miles away from Nam San Tower, the tile reappeared, startling the few animals that were near the tile’s appearance area. The animals screeched and hollered at the tile as it stayed in its place, still giving off its golden aura. A young male teen ran into the room as he heard the animals yell out. Looking at the sight before him, he turned and poked his head out of the room.

“Yo, Count! You got another tile in here!” the teen yelled loudly. When the young male finished his announcement, he turned back to the animals. He carefully picked up a small white hare and a snow fox from off the ground. Both of the animals quaked with fear as the teen hummed them a lullaby. The teen was engrossed in calming the animals that he didn't notice a new figure emerge through the door way.

“Now, Henry, I believe I allow you to call me by my proper name,” the new figure gently scolded as Henry continued to calm the animals. Henry looked up at the figure, seeing he was dressed in a formal bright red changshan* with shining gold designs and trim.

“I might do that if you didn't always look like a royal count in a Chinese court, Count Zhou Mi,” Henry quibbled back at Zhou Mi, causing the man to let out a sigh.

“You were saying something about a tile?” Zhou Mi asked, trying to get back to the topic at hand.

“Yeah, it just appeared a minute ago. Scared poor Jae and Taemin here,” Henry said, showing Zhou Mi the two animals in his arms.

“Really? It has been quite a while since a tile has appeared. This one must be special.” Zhou Mi walked toward the tile and held it between two of his fingers. He studied every detail of the small object as if it was under specific examination. Zhou Mi noticed that it was quite plain and bare compared to other tiles he had seen before. He also noticed that, underneath the plain white exterior, a heart cried out for love, his specialty.

“Cancel all meetings for the next two days, Henry. I have to prepare this man's request,” Zhou Mi gently said while carrying the tile out of the room. Henry watched the older man stride out before letting out a sigh.

“Looks like one of your friends will soon be leaving you two,” Henry muttered gently to the two animals still in his arms. “Let's just hope this one fares better than some of the others.” The animals just blinked their eyes in understanding as they were carried back to their respectful cages.

 

To Be Continued...

 

A/N2: Changshan* is a traditional Chinese dress worn by males, while women wear a Cheongsam.

 

A Changshan:

 

 

A Cheongsam:


cheongsam.png