Where did we meet? Wasn't it here? - [Intro.02]

[re:write] – Blue Tomorrow #2: A Nameless Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once, there was not a day that Saql Island got a peace. Fights had become daily entertainment which dulled humans' heart. Angry screams and cries. People in that small island already forgotten how to smile.

Once, there was a tyrant that claimed he was the almighty. Claiming his clan as the strongest, the right one, and none on a par with them. Crushing other families in bloodbath. Several ones who still had faith became their enemies, while the ones with no future turned as their slaves.

Bad people didn't live long.

After years lived in living hell, there was a hero brought new hope. Defeated the old tyrant, he built new life. Peace fell upon Saql Island as its people tried to make a new page of their journey.

But, it's not an eternity. The wheel kept rotating, good thing and bad thing took their turns.

It's about the time that the shadow will swallowed up the light.

 

***

 

Around one month before the magic soul hunting

Bronx City - Choi Manor, Main Library

 

"How's the preparation go, Shaan?"

Choi Shaan closed an old book which recorded his family's history. He turned half way just to find his cousin got busied with countless books related to constellation in front of him. He got up from his chair, then walked to the shelf where the book he read several minutes ago resided.

"It's about... 70%, I think?" Shaan replied as he put the history book back in its place. Then, his eyed wandered on the books in the bookshelf positioned across the one he faced now. "You're working for The Jade Moon Tower, right? At least, you can give me the participant list that has been finalized by the Congressmen, right? It would be the biggest help for my upcoming hunt."

A small laughter which got out from his cousin's mouth broke the silence of that large library room. After finding the book he looked for almost three minutes, Shaan's cousin - Choi Reodo - brought the book with him as he took a seat next to the chair Shaan used earlier.

At the opening of his book's first page, Reodo said. "My position isn't that high which made me have no access on it, my dear cousin. Also, those old Congressmen are a group of conservative old men that didn't want to let any single thing arranged by them got leaked out to others."

Shaan stopped at certain spot as his eyes caught an interesting book's title. His right hand took the said book effortlessly, then brought it together with him to the table his cousin used. He was about to open the book he brought with that his cousin added.

"If you wanted the strongest cards to be in your hands, the only thing you should have is the top spot of the 7th year student, Shaan. Therefore, you can pick the best ones from each academy to be your underlings. That little fact, I'm sure that you've known about it."

Shaan nodded as his reply, even though he was sure that his cousin didn't see it because the latter was having all of his attention on his own book. At the fifth page of his book, Shaan leaned on his chair. He took a brief look over Reodo whom looked so deep in the sea of whatever things in his book.

"I've made sure that the top spot as mine, the most accurate map of Naoklore Forest already in my possession. My goal won't change whatever it takes." Shaan paused as he shifted his attention from the book to his cousin. "If you can't give me the list, then... can you bring me to meet someone who will give me a help, Reo?"

Reodo stopped reading, spared his gaze to his younger cousin. There, he found Choi Shaan's serious look which he despised the most. That look just told him that there's no room for him to bargain. Looking for the answer for Shaan's request just now, Reodo only found one person that suited the role.

Got back to his book, Reodo started. "I will arrange your meeting with my father. But, don't get your hope high because he's so damn busy this recent days. I will tell you the exact date once I got his permission."

"Thanks, bro."

 

***

 

Current time,

Saql Island - Naoklore Forest

 

A small smile plastered on Choi Shaan's lips once he remembered his past talk with his cousin about one month ago. From that little talk, even though he just got not-so-big tips from uncle, he was satisfied. As for now, all the best cards already in his possession. The biggest one he got was nl other than the boy whom led the group, Lee Rion.

.

.

.

"You know, Shaan. I never hate your ambitions. This... include about your plan about conquering Jäeger as your magic soul. You must have had a big picture you wanted to create in the future related to it, right?"

"Of course, Uncle. Being the most fearful clan in the entire Saql Island, you must want to be a part of it, right... Uncle?"

"Hahaha... you never disappoint me, Son. So, the foremost thing you must do is finding the right guide to get to Jäeger's territory. If it was any usual hunt, you can use anyone from Lee branch families. But, for Jäeger's territory in Naoklore Forest, you must use someone from Lee main family, in other word... someone from Lee Clan of The Greatest Conqueror. And, it seems that luck has befallen on you, Son. This year's magic soul hunting, Zhuiri has confirmed the participation of Lee Clan's kid in that event. Lee Rion, you must scout him into your group."

.

.

.

Just like his uncle has said, the boy named Lee Rion had unordinary skills. In comparison with any third year students in his academy, that boy has passed them too many steps ahead. The reason for the magic soul hunting was only available for 5th till 7th year students was because of the high pressure magic energy which emanated from each inch of the land of the Naoklore Forest. But that boy looked has no problem with it.

About Naoklore Forest's knowledge which only owned by Lee Clan of The Greatest Conqueror, that boy also seemed to have inherited it. For as long as they walked - for almost three days - since the entrance till this second, they haven't met the life-threatening-danger yet.

It was when the sky already turned into deep orange, and many howls got heard that the group took a shelter to rest for the night. They used the big Liyuera tree, made small huts on its big branches. While Lee Rion used his plant type magic to form huts on the branches, both Kwon Draken and Dong Yaroslav lokked for woods to be used for their bonfire, the girls prepared foods from their supplies they brought with, and Kang Oron stood by his master as he set his barrier magic around their hideout.

"You looked have accustomed to this kind of things, Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter