Where did we meet? Wasn't it here? - [Intro.1]

[re:write] – Blue Tomorrow #2: A Nameless Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an old story.

It was an old oath.

It was an old encounter that had long forgotten.

.

.

.

"Yo, you come back here again, little kid!"

"You still remember me, Mr. Stranger?"

"Of course! Because you're the only one who could reach this place... after so many full moons passed, since I made this place as my territory about two hundred years ago."

"Say, Mr. Stranger... you still owe me an answer of my question the last time we met."

"Ah... I think that I don't have a necessity to answer it as this time... you come here in order to meet me, am I right, kid?"

"As expected of Divine Class Magic Soul, you've caught of my intention. Then, let's get to the point. I'm... Lee Rion, come here to make a contract with you, Foschia vânt de Moarte, to be my magic soul."

.

.

.

It was an old memory.

A devastating revenge that end up into an eternal curse.

.

.

.

"Good effort, little Lee! But, look... even after you killed all of the spirit monsters on your way here, after you killed all of that useless humans... even after you bond a contract with a divine class magic soul, you still haven't able to lay a finger on me."

*smirk*

"Even in your deathbed, you still dare to show that ugly smile of yours, Lee!"

"You may win today, but... I promise you an end that millions times worse than mine, Choi. You won't live in peace, be it now moreover in the future. You will pay the price... to me, to other families you have ruined."

"...!"

"Let's meet again... in the far future, Choi!"

.

.

.

"Human's life is really... that short. Say, kid... what should I do after you left this world?"

"Who knows?"

"Will you... get reborn in the next century?"

"... and what if I did? Will you... make a contract with me again?"

I will.

"It would be better if you... looked for someone else, far better than me."

.

.

.

5 centuries ago...

Saql Island, Yuilian Lowands - Trollizt City

- Zhuiri Academy - 

 

"Listen, Rion. Three days from today, we become our seniors' support for their important 'magic soul hunting'. So, don't wander around the forest, do you understand?!"

The reprimanded boy - Lee Rion - answered the question on the last part of the speech with his lazy look. That kind of attitude, of course got a sharp and menacing gaze as the reply from one of his seniors - the one whom asked him just now.

Then, with his lowest tone, Rion answered. "Yes..."

"What a-"

"It's enough, Raey. That brat has gotten lectured by the same sentence for nth times already. I think, he has memorized each word properly."

Another older student came in rescue, holding the previous one as he showed his warm smile toward his junior. His hold on his friend - Aoi Raey - got loose once he felt the latter decided to draw back.

"Tsk! Whatever."

Magic Soul Hunting.

It was one of so many important events for the 7th year student of magic academy in the entire Saql Island. Magic Soul Hunting was an event to get a suitable magic soul then bond a contract with it, for a long-life partner. Not so many had the luxury to get the one. Many had failed in it, countless even ended up in the dramatic death just to gain it.

"I'm sorry that you have to deal with him, Rion."

"Nothing's to be sorry for, Senior Kayn."

The older student - Xu Kayn - smiled back as his reaction over the-so-plain respond given by his junior. "So, have you decided, Rion?"

Rion didn't answer it immediately, as he asked back through his gaze.

"Which senior you will support on for the hunt." Kayn made his question earlier got clearer. "For the third year student to be able to participate as the assistant for senior students' most important event, you've truly gained some attentions from the seniors, Rion. Maybe, from other academy too." He added as he began knotting his shoe laces.

"... Don't know... since in the first place, it's not the event that excited me."

Kayn laughed at Rion's uninterested tone of speaking. Just so Lee Rion he knew. "It's the forest, right?" Even without hearing his junior's answer, Kayn already could see the beam of happiness came from the younger one.

Lee Clan, the family where Lee Rion came from was  famous for their fondness of adventure. The clan itself already titled as 'The Greatest Conqueror' for their never ending journey of roving on one magic forest to another. Lee Clan also famous for being one of the five honorable clans in the entire Saql Island for their contribution in advancing the knowledge for its people.

"Nah... I just hope that you're not got carried out by your own excitement about the idea of visiting the famous Naoklore Forest." Kayn reminded the younger one as he took his academy's jacket as well as his bag.

Heading out of his shared room, Rion followed him behind with his annoyed look on his handsome face. "You're just 'rephrased' what Senior Raey has said before, Senior Kayn."

"Is that so?"

 

***

 

Three days later - Liulion Village

 

Liulion Village, the secluded forest village which became the entry point to the famous Naoklore Forest, became the meeting place of all the Magic Soul Hunting event's participants from all around Saql Island. There were five famous academy which took part in that event.

Snezth Academy from Sinae City and Qiuzi Academy from Xinghe City, of Niyue Plateau.

Zhuiri Academy from Trollizt City and Dyasomnia Academy from Schoenheir City, of Yuilian Lowlands.

Octafiore Academy from the capital city - Zastirion.

...

...

"As usual, Octafiore sent the most students than the other four." Xu Kayn commented once all the participants - be it the 7th year students, and the assistants - both 5th year and 6th year students - gathered on the large hall in the middle of Liulion Village.

The outdoor type hall with wooden floor shaped in circle, surrounded by beautiful water lilies floated on the lake water. The big canopy made by the legendary Potr Diura tree's branches formed a unique shadow upon them. The continuous flow of the seven waterfalls around the lake became the melodious song.

"Jeez, the famous student from the famous houses really gave a different vibes." Aoi Raey added on.

Just at the same time Raey finished, the said famous students made their appearance. Dressed in their respective uniform added by their family emblem, it showed their ranks.

"Can they stop looking at us like that? It's disgusting."

The one whom claimed the top place of 6th year student of Octafiore Academy, the top student with her supporting type magic - Park Misaki, muttered as she walked towards her group.

"Can't be helped, isn't it? Since we came from famous family, gained top credit in the academy, the last but not the least... we're beautiful, Sis." The younger sister of Park Misaki - Park Chiyuki, replied as she swayed out her hand to greet another students from another academy together with her beautiful smile.

Both of them came from Park House, the family which famous with its superb supporting type magic.

"I thought that maybe it was just a rumor."

At certain section of the hall, one of the duo top 5th year student of Dyasomnia Academy - Dong Yaroslav, started. His gaze was focused on the sole student whom had all of his attention on the large entrance of Naoklore Forest a bit far from the hall.

"To see that Zhuiri brought their third year student to be one of the assistant in this event with my own eyes, just how strong that brat is?"

"He looked weak... and  stupid."

Yaroslav eyed his best friend - another one whom owned the title of top student in 5th year student of Dyasomnia Academy, Kwon Draken - without a change of expression on his handsome face.

"He's not worth of your attention, Lav."

"Huh... I clearly remember that I've told you countlessly already, Ken." Yaroslav talked back as getting his attention back to the student they talked about. "Don't judge by their appearances. Moreover, it's Zhuiri we're talking about. They always had something unexpected behind their sleeves."

"Tsk."

"We'll know his capabilities once the group got decided later."

At another part of the hall, the one whom got the title of 'King of 7th year student of Snezth Academy' looked so serious with the list which got written on the roll script he read right now. After several seconds of reading in silence as well as marking several parts of the list, he placed the roll script on the table in front of him.

"Between the three of them, who is the one I should choose, Oron?"

The one whom got asked - Kang Oron, looked at the list, reading each part which got marked by his master.

"I think, Kwon Draken will be the most suitable, Young Master Shaan." Oron answered. "Together with Dong Yaroslav, you can use them to be the main force of your group. For the support, the Park sisters will be the best choice."

Oron's master - Choi Shaan - looked in deep thought as he listened to his aide's suggestion.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter