Chapter 14

Ruin the Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week.

It had been a whole week since Yujin had talked to Minju. Was Yujin avoiding Minju? Of course not. If anything, she was trying to talk to her, see her even. She just wanted to see the girl smile again. Because, as far as she could see, Minju refused to meet her eyes or even show a hint of happiness.

Yujin liked seeing Minju happy.

"Any luck?" Sakura asked through the cellphone. Yujin sighed and gripped onto the device even tighter. She laid on the bed staring at the ceiling before covering her sight with her arm, blocking the bright light. She hated how bright it was, it gave her a headache. And, the only light she needed was Minju.

"No," she replied flatly. Her reply had her hearing Sakura puffing out a sigh of her own. Yujin tried everything. Tried talking to her at school, calling her, texting her. She even she tried going to her house but was sent away by either her parents (who very much looked sad for her) or by the silence.

"I miss her," Yujin whispered, not even sure if Sakura could hear her, hear the weak tone she had. But, with the way Sakura sighed again, she knew the older one could hear it. Either way, she didn't care if she did. All she cared about was her.

"She'll come around Yuj. Just try to be patient with the girl, you know her. She's not good with talking about her problems. Hence to why were in this predicament in the first place. Ugh!" Sakura groaned in annoyance. It slightly caused a small, amused grin to grow on Yujin's lips. "If you both just freaking confessed instead of playing this damn weird flirting, push and pull game..." 

Yujin snorted, "With the way things went on before, it kind of makes it hard to believe Minju has feelings for me." Which was true. How would she have known? Why couldn't Minju just tell her? "Why couldn't she just tell me?" Yujin asked, hoping just to hear the right thing. She needed to hear it.

"Why couldn't you?" Yujin stayed silent. Sakura gave her another moment before continuing. It was like the momentary silence was for Yujin to understand every single word. To process it all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter