THREE

Cafe Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*Yawns*

 

Sigh, today is a really tiring day. The customers keep coming nonstop as our bakery just launched a new product and it was really hectic.

 

All I wanted to do is go home, have a warm shower and sleep like a log. I looked up, stared into empty space feeling bored while waiting for the train at the platform.

 

*pats*

 

I turned around when feeling a light pat on my shoulder.

 

"Hey, it's you!" A beautiful smile greeted me.

 

Crap!

 

"H-hi" I replied.

 

"You ride this train too?" She said cheerfully.

 

She's not wearing her glasses again today and I can clearly see her beautiful eyes smile making my heart beat faster.

 

I nodded vigorously.

 

"Me too!"

 

I laughed awkwardly “I don't know that you ride the same train. This is really a coincidence" Liar, you actually know more than that.

 

The train arrived, cutting our conversation. We both step onto the train. As usual, the train was full but there is one seat available at the edge row.

 

I told her to sit but she refused since she felt bad to let me stand alone. I said it was fine since my next stop is after the second station. It doesn't take a long time to arrive. She finally defeats and sits while I stand beside her.

 

"I went to the cafe today," She said

 

"Oh really?" I didn't notice her when she came since I was busy in the kitchen.

 

"I wanna buy the cookies you gave that night but I couldn't find it. The cafe is full today so maybe they ran out of it." She pouted.

 

I chuckled, making her look at me in wonder. "You won't be able to find those cookies, you know. It's not on the menu" I told her.

 

"Really? so where did you buy it?"

 

"I made it myself"

 

She gasped in surprise. "No way. Oh my god, those cookies are so good!"

 

Her reaction so funny so I had to laugh "Well, thank you. I will take that as a compliment" 

 

"I'm not lying when I said it tasted amazing. How can you be so good at making it?"

 

"I just love baking I guess" I grinned.

 

"But too bad, you are not selling it. People would love it for sure"

 

"Nah, I just made it for fun. Besides, if you want, I can make it for you"

 

"Are you serious???" Her eyes beaming

 

"Yup, it's not that hard to make it"

 

"Thank you!"

 

She's really happy making me giggle.

 

Then I remember "But before that, I need to know your name first," I said.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Where's my manner. I'm Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang" She smiled, held out her hand to me for a shake.

 

I gladly shook her hand

 

Oh damn, it's so soft!

 

"Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon"

 

"I already know" She giggled.

 

I grinned "It's not wrong to tell you again. Just want to make sure you remember"

 

"You're funny"

 

Time was short as the train reached my next stop.

 

Although it was a short time, we shared a lot of things. I found out that she is from LA. Her family is Korean so speaking the language is not a problem for her. She came to Korea 2 years ago but she just moved to Seoul just 3 months ago.

 

The reason why she's disappeared. She went home to LA because her mother was sick and her mother passed away after a week she was in LA. After a month of staying there, she felt bad wanting to leave her father and her sister in LA since she had returned to Korea for work.

 

I don't mean to make her sad again. *Sigh~* I should not ask her. It just made her remember this again. So, I made a promise to her, I will bake a lot of cookies for her so she won't be sad anymore.

 

Talking with her is fun. Tiffany's quite friendly actually compared to my perspective of her when I watched her at the cafe because she's always wearing her serious face.

 

Who knows, because of the cookies I gave to her that night, because we met on the train today, we became friends in a short time. So I am the idiot one for not approaching her since earlier.

 

I bid goodbye to her before stepping out of the train. The door closed. She turned around and waved to me through the window for the last time, smiling.

 

She’s so cheerful

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter