ONE

Cafe Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The name is Kim Taeyeon. Age, 27. I grew up in Jeonju but at the age of 24, I went to Seoul to work.

 

I love baking.

 

So it's been 3 years I worked as an assistant baker in Beans cafe. Beans Cafe is the first workplace I got accepted.

 

It's a cafe bakery actually and I love working here. The environment here is so nice. I got nice friends and the boss is friendly too. More importantly, the payment was also good which I never thought would change my job. Basically, I feel comfortable with what I have now.

 

"One Ice Americano"

 

I put down the tray of freshly baked bread on the counter before turning my head to the cashier counter where it was just separated by a small glass wall.

 

There she is. The girl that I have always anticipated seeing every Saturday for the last 2 months. She's a girl with round glasses and has black wavy hair. Every Saturday she will come to the cafe and spend her time here two hours usually sitting at the table beside the window.

 

Reading her book while having her favorite ice americano.

 

Sometimes, she would order another type of drink too but most of the time is iced americano.

 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a creepy person or stalker. I don't even know what her name is. I'm just curious. That's all. It becomes my habit to watch her from the kitchen.

 

"I'll get a discount if I order the drink with the cake, right?" She asked Sunny, my workmate.

 

"Yes, that's right" Sunny nodded

 

"Great, I'll take this!" The girl smiled, her eyes forming a crescent moon. It made me unconsciously chuckle seeing her.

 

It has been a while since I saw the smiles.

 

Wanting to see her beautiful eye smile becomes one of the reasons why I am always staring at her.

 

 

...

 

 

"See you tomorrow, Taeng." Kibum patted my shoulder as he got ready to go home.

 

"Eoh, see you" I nodded while wearing my backpack. He exited the locker room, leaving me alone inside.

 

I pulled up my hoodie over my head "Another day has ended" and closed my locker's door.

 

*Beep*

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter