Empty and Full [T]

Push and Pull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy? Cookies and Milk at the lobby. /Please/ take one.

Tzuyu is convinced she had discovered a new side of her. Is she secretly a Slytherin when she had always thought she’s a Hufflepuff?! Has she always been a ?! That’s the only explanation she can think of as to why she’s hating every single one her roommate has dated.

Every single one of them. No exception whatsoever.

Nayeon.

Heechul.

And now, Mina.

She can make excuses for the other two, and find holes in them just to justify her distaste. Hell, she even stalked Heechul with Sana just to prove a point. Heechul who would buy her a dozen of cupcakes every time he’s over. Heechul who would pick him up at the university when her Org Meeting will last when it’s dark and considerably not safe for a girl to walk alone in the streets. An ingrate, that’s what she is -- yup, Tzuyu is way deep down the rabbit hole.

But Mina is the golden girl. If they had thought Nayeon and Heechul were trophy partners, they wouldn’t even hold a candle next to Mina. Mina is the girlfriend you’d bring home and introduce to your parents. Mina immerge in her own glory, and still bathe in humility. She’s easy to get along to. Tzuyu thinks it’s a crime to find dirt on her. (Not that Tzuyu can even ask Sana to pull the same trick. The supposed partner-in-crime is probably also in love with the golden girl.)

So now, how can she hate on this beautiful girl?

She used to enjoy Mina’s company, and she supposes she still enjoys it now… Until Momo eventually gives her a backhug, or a kiss on the cheek, or lean in closer to hear what Mina is saying, or—

Damnit. All the sweet, innocent things Momo had never done to any of her partners, she’s doing now to Mina. And it’s not like Momo is changing for the worse. Tzuyu actually thinks Mina is good for Momo. She supports her in ways that Momo can thrive. She’s the most productive in her life in the years Tzuyu had known Momo. Momo would even wake up early because she likes to greet Mina at the elevator lobby on their office building, or that she’d buy her coffee on the cart in front of their building.

Even Jeongyeon (!!!) who had only met her via video call is smitten with her.

Even Jihyo who rarely meets Mina had bonded with her, even connecting through social media right after.

“THIS IS RANK YO! THIS IS RANK! SOMEBODY STOP STREAMING! I’M TALKING TO YOU MINATOZAKI SANA!”

Sana grunted and rolled her eyes at the booming voice the came from the living room. She was not holding a grudge on the blonde girl for rejecting her and sorta playing her along. But there is no way she’d let her win in occasional ‘banters’. Not when Sana is an honorary resident in 43B and Jihyo is just squirming her way to Momo’s good side.

“Why is it always me? I’ve only started this series! Tzuyu~~, tell Jihyo to stop being so bossy all the time!”

“You have been slained!”

“Damnit! I was running towards the tower! Ugh! Sana, stop hogging the internet connection!”

“If I have control over it, I won’t even let you connect to your stupid game!”

~~

“Unnie~ how do you do this?” A small panicked voice asks.

“Use 3-1-2 Combo, Tzuyu” A calm voice replied back. She turns to the other person sitting close to her, but both of them paid her no mind.

~~

Momo enters the small apartment with bags of ships in her hands and sighs at the commotion she had entered to. Sana is in her room, binge-watching Netflix, while her roommate, girlfriend and Jihyo are in the living room playing a mobile game, Wild Rift, as she heard Mina tell her.

It didn’t help that Sana and Jihyo were having a screaming match that will obviously result to their neighbors knocking at their door and demanding asking to tone it down a notch… again.

 

“Should I attack this, unnie?”

“Double Kill!”

“Ahh~ ahh~ it’s chasing me, unnie! Help me!”

“Triple Kill!”

“Ahh~ I died.”

“Maniac!”

 

Momo heads towards the dining table and raised her eyebrow when the 3 on the couch didn’t even acknowledge her.

 

“Avenge me, unnie.”

“Shut down!”

“Ahh~ Unnie really is the best!”

Jihyo gasped, furrowing her eyebrows, looking at Tzuyu, “What about me, Tzuyu??” She nudges her with her shoulder and says, “3 kills, 24 assists?”

 

She calls Sana over, who’s lying on her stomach on her bed, with her legs crossed at her back. Sana begrudgingly follows her, not without bringing Momo’s laptop and bringing it with her, just to spite Jihyo, “I’m gonna give points to Tzuyu for even trying to understand Mina’s world, but she’s been asking questions on how to play that MOBA non-stop and if she isn’t cute I would’ve snatched her phone and throw it off the wall.” Sana says as she side-eyed the two and tries not to be annoyed with Tzuyu’s incessant asking. Momo follows her line of sight and just shook her head, snickering.

Back to the scene at the living room, Tzuyu gave Jihyo her usual sarcastic remark that earned a soft giggle from Mina and a cute whine from Jihyo. Momo chuckled and said, “Everyone’s getting along. Stop complaining.”

Mina and Jihyo had been playing this strategy game for quite some time now, and Jihyo has been tired of playing with Pro’s. The intensity of the game is taking the fun out of it so she invites Mina to make a smurf account so they can play with Tzuyu.

It started with KartRider Rush.

Mina had been obsessed with it and it being a multiplayer made them all play it. Or, in which Mina invited the gang to play with her and Momo being whipped looped the two aliens with her.Sana and Tzuyu are not sold on the idea, but they tell themselves they’d try it just for the sake of doing something together.

The gameplay is comparable to Mario Kart so it’s not like it’s learning something from scratch. The cute players were there, the costumes and kart customization was there: all those enough for them to stay and try it for a week.

All was fun and games until on their 7th multiplayer game, Tzuyu boosted to Mina’s supposedly top place.

Thinking Mina has been upset, Tzuyu promised to play games with her.

Except… KartRider only lasted about 3 days for Tzuyu because the drifting is about to give her vertigo. So Wild Rift is what Jihyo had suggested for them to play.

Momo narrowed her eyes at the trio. With Jihyo smashing her phone typing furiously, and Mina looking focused but still takes time to answer Tzuyu’s questions. She sees Tzuyu puff her cheeks and blew air into her bangs listening intently to Mina and nodding at her words. (The gesture melted Momo a bit) They had been playing for about two hours now and she knows Tzuyu has hit her limit.

After the game is lost (judging by their faces: Jihyo with pissed off expression, Mina’s frustration with her crest-fallen face, and Tzuyu’s pleading look), Sana lets out a sigh of relief.

“I’m sorry we lost,” is what Tzuyu said, right after the loud ‘Defeat’.

“It’s okay, it’s your first time in this.” Jihyo was quick to say, patting Tzuyu’s shoulder, Mina nods at her on the side and fixes Tzuyu’s hair to put it behind her ear. Jihyo smiles at her, looking proud and says, “See? You’re getting the hang of it right?”

Sana wanted to snort. First time? What first time? They were playing for two hours!!

Jihyo frowns, looking at Mina. “It’s clearly the Mage’s fault. Using Ult in the grass like what was that?”

Tzuyu pouts when she says the Mage-user in question blames her for their lost. Which is understandable, with her being the Marksman and Carry, she should have been ‘carrying’ the game and hitting towers. But before she can say a word, Jihyo types furiously at her phone and blames the (poor) player, lashing at him/her.

“Report him.” Jihyo says.

Mina nods, “Already ahead of you.”

She hears another one of Sana’s ear-striking laugh from the kitchen, and Tzuyu fights hard not to turn her head towards the direction. The three of them are in the kitchen making dinner for them four. Sana shouldn’t even be near the stove or a kitchen knife but Momo insisted it’s the best time to teach the two. Tzuyu was all ready to help, like she always does to Jeongyeon, but Momo says she should just ‘rest’ and let them serve her: the reason being, she was just done with her Finals, and this was their treat to her.

So there Tzuyu is, on the sofa, alone, listening to the two, laughing at something Mina had said. She looks at her phone one more time, waiting for Dahyun to reply back, more than willing to escape the hell-disguised-as-an-apartment. But Dahyun hasn’t even read her message yet, and is probably asleep already at this time. Tzuyu contemplates if fourth-wheeling the now called MiMoSa, is worse than third-wheeling Jihyo and Seojong. Tzuyu shakes her head immediately at the thought. Jihyo is in the honeymoon phase, she wouldn’t want to impose. But another laugh from Sana and Tzuyu would bolt out the door, crashing Jihyo’s date night.

Just like Sana had once joked, Mina is just like Tzuyu, only better. Better. She did say better, right? Or hotter? It’s a little foggy in Tzuyu’s mind. It’s like Mina had taken over Tzuyu’s supposedly role in the trio. This is worse than that time with Dahyun. Because it’s not just about them throwing their affections and love to someone, doting on them.

Mina occasionally makes them laugh, she gets shy when she receives compliments from them, she drops random yet cool one-liners, and she naturally lifts the aura in the room. Except, when hugged, Mina puts her hands over theirs and accepts the affection. Or some days that Mina is playful, she’d outright flirt with Momo, and dance with Sana.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a pair of arms loosely snaking its way around her neck.

“Dinner is ready, your Highness!” She hears Momo calls her.

From her position on the couch, she slowly looks up at the person behind her, and was met with Sana’s bright eyes and playful smile. “What’s with the frown?”

For awhile, Tzuyu doesn’t answer. Unconsciously getting lost at the gaze of quirk and impulse that is Sana.

She ignores the question, and tried to lift the corner of her lips into a smile.

She hears Sana chuckle a little, and says, “You can never fake a smile. You know that, right?”

Tzuyu stays mute, but doesn’t lose the eye-contact, still lost in the vortex of Sana’s trance. Maybe she doesn’t want to. Maybe she prefers it… when the attention is set back at her. It’s small, and it’s vile. And Tzuyu hates herself for craving it. Is that it? Does she feel like she’s being replaced? Why is she being selfish?

“Sana, stop annoying Tzuyu. Come here.” Momo calls again.

But still, both ignored by the two.

They hear scraping of the chair against the scurdy floor, then the utensils against the plates, and then a faint call from Mina. The table is calling to them.

But Sana hasn’t lost her smile, hasn’t broken the contact either. Always, always determined not to lose the staring game. Always, always curious on to what Tzuyu is thinking.

She moves half an inch towards Tzuyu, feeling risky, and playing a card.

Tzuyu skips her turn, and maintains her position: her nape leaning on the top of the sofa seat, her neck outstretched, her smile forced, her eyes staring at Sana’s.

Sana raises an eyebrow, not wanting to give up. She moves another half an inch, her nose almost touching Tzuyu’s.

“What’s your move now?”

Fight or flight.

“Tzuyu!” Momo calls again.

Third time’s the charm.

Tzuyu’s head doesn’t move. But at their proximity, and Sana’s attention solely on her, Sana noticed Tzuyu’s lips parting, breathing out slowly, like she’s just been drained. Tzuyu taps Sana’s arms wrapped around her with one hand, the other, falls from her lap, lifeless on her side.

“Let go. Dinner’s ready.”

 

Just one movie. One movie and Tzuyu can sleep.

Screams erupted on the room, and when Tzuyu looks at the movie, she realized a jumpscare had occurred. Her thigh stings a bit from being slapped hard by the person beside her. She would’ve glared at her, only she doesn’t have the energy or the will to do so. She lets it go, not even turning on her side.

Only… the hand was not retracted.

The hand stays there, all soft yet heavy.

She waits a moment, before she turns. Maybe Sana doesn’t notice it. Maybe Sana will slap her again when the next jumpscare comes.

The last thing Tzuyu needs is for thoughts to swirl again in her mind. She has to stop thinking. Otherwise, it’ll be another sleepless night for her like all the times Mina is staying over. She tries to think of a void, of rabbits jumping into the unknown, or hum a lullaby on her head – or her recent favorite, herself shooting arrows on bubbles of idea, manifesting the idea will pop off her head as well -- all these imaginations as her eyes are fixated on the movie playing.

But when she feels those fingers, all slender and delicate, slowly but surely inching at the insides of her thighs, Tzuyu’s mind went black.

Slowly she turns to her right, giving in. Her head turned, but instead of Sana looking sheepishly at her, she finds the girl with her free hand over her eyes, pretending to not look on the TV. The scream was heard from the TV, another killing montage must have happened. To her left, she can feel Momo move sideways to snuggle with Mina, but unlike before, Tzuyu would pay no mind, because her eyes are set on Sana’s lips quirking upwards. It’s small, but it’s there.  

She has got to know what she’s doing.

Tzuyu turns her head towards her left, checking up on the couple. Momo is just on her left, their shoulders even touching. After Momo’s last payday, they got rid of the old sofa and gotten a new one, a fabric instead of the old leather. Momo said she hates leather because it blends with the room temperature: cold during winter, hot during summer. It’s the first time they went shopping furniture together. It even felt unreal to Tzuyu. Buying furniture… together. Like they intend to make this home permanent. Like they’ll be together for an indefinite time, that requires them living in an upgraded conditions. Tzuyu treats Momo dinner after that saying just because she’s still a student and Momo’s already working doesn’t mean she should always pay for everything. When they were both in college, they used to split or take turns in paying. Momo smiles at her in return.

And Tzuyu would remember. (always, always, she would remember) How they laughed for hours and how they stayed at the diner ‘till it’s closing time as they reminisce their first year of living together, and how it was mostly Tzuyu’s parents buying everything, and that they would even bring groceries once a month and fill their ref and supplies. And how Momo would look forward to Tzuyu’s mom coming because she likes her cooking. And Tzuyu’s mom saying Momo is like a daughter to her too and she’s thankful that Momo has been a part of Tzuyu’s life (and then Momo unabashed teared up after that and then hugged the life out of Tzuyu’s mom). And then the laughing gradually stops, and they stare at each other for a minute or so. Momo reached for Tzuyu’s hand across the table and brushed her thumb over her knuckles. Tzuyu would move her thumb to welcome the gesture, and her face would soften and smile with all teeth genuinely.

“We’ve come so far.”

“Yes.”

“And we’re still together. Different, yet still the same. But still together.”

It was there and Tzuyu knows it. Times like that, she’ll allow herself to savor it. Of her and Momo, and just her and Momo. She’ll allow it, even acknowledge it for what it is. But she’ll never say it, never accept it for what’s beyond that and what-could-have-been. Never.

Tzuyu bites her lip, trying to erase the memory. This is not the time to think. There should never be a time to think of thoughts like that. Not when Mina is on the other end of the couch and there’s Momo sitting between them.

Especially not when Sana hasn’t removed her hand on her thigh.

Another jump scare comes and instead of slapping or squeezing or literally anything, Sana moved her hand, her knuckles now buried between her thighs.

Tzuyu swallows a lump in .

She should be thankful. Because when all her efforts are futile, Sana’s fingertips increase their pressure, and intensifies the sensation with the scrape of her nails: bulldozing all those unwanted memories and thoughts in one glide.

Only another feeling completely takes over. All the jealousy and longing, emotions that Tzuyu is afraid to surrender control to, are being buried by the immense compulsion that can only be evoked by Minatozaki Sana.

Seated between the two, there’s only one thing Tzuyu is sure of. With the experience she’s had with the two, all throughout Team Alien Chronicles, Tzuyu can get a grip, Tzuyu can balance the chaos that is Momo and Sana. She mentally chastised herself, willing the self-restraint to reign over Feeling A and B battling inside of her, to quiet down the uproar and to keep herself from falling.

Tzuyu jerks her leg a bit, creating a bigger gap between her thighs, careful not to alarm Momo. Well, Momo’s probably not paying any attention on her as long as she’s cooped up with Mina. Still, Tzuyu would be careful to cast a glance in Sana’s direction.

She clears and puts her hand above Sana’s hand. Sana doesn’t turn her head towards her, still focused on keeping up the appearance: peeking through her fingers, watching the movie.

Tzuyu doesn’t think, doesn’t wait for the next jump scare. The ominous suspense sound is back and before another blood is spilled, she grasps Sana’s hand, and laces their fingers together. Better together than Sana’s nails scratching on her skin, leaving trails of unsolicited arousal and pleasure.

She hears a snicker from her side, but she ignores it.

Her mind is empty. Sana’s hand in hers is keeping her mind blank. The end justifies the means, right? She squeezes Sana’s hand, and Sana lays her head on her shoulder after that.

“Why are you here?”

Sana smiles teasingly, meeting Tzuyu’s gaze as the taller grip her towel around her body, swinging her legs on the edge of the bed, her hands at her side, palm meeting Tzuyu’s mattress. “You let me sleep over when Jihyo’s not here. Will you be cruel to let me sleep on the sofa during winter?”

She lets her eyes travel across Tzuyu’s bare feet, up to her legs, until the soft fabric that covers her skin slightly above her knee. She bites her lower lip as she scans the rest of the sight, slowing down when she reached Tzuyu’s collarbone on display.

“You have to stop that.”

“You’d have to be a little specific than that.” She says in a low whisper. Seeing the unusual disgruntled look on Tzuyu’s face, Sana giggles. She squints her eyes, and scrunches her nose, “But I’ll probably won’t stop anyway.”

Tzuyu huffs, “You have to stop looking at me like you’ve seen me and you want to pounce on me or something.”

“But I have. And hmmm… I might.”

“…Ye—” Tzuyu stops before she can confirm it fully. Not that she’s gonna deny it anyway. She frowns, thinking it over. She straightens her posture and points out, “I thought we agreed we shouldn’t talk about it? That we shouldn’t let Momo-unnie know?”

“How can she know when I’m just looking at you?” Sana rebuts teasingly.

“Not with that look!”

“Again… had to be a little specific than that.” Sana taps the spot next to her, beckoning for Tzuyu to come over.

In Tzuyu’s head, she can hear her own words. Don’t look at each other like you’re eye-ing me. It’s something she heard Sana had coined when she saw someone she likes at the bar. And Tzuyu finds herself being the receiving end of it now. That’s Tzuyu’s rule. Actually, they had about 5 rules, and Sana’s was only for Momo to not know (and by extension, Jihyo, and definitely not Jeongyeon, and– in short, they should keep the new found arrangement to themselves.

[S] No one can know. [T] No teasing. [T] – [T] No eye-ing. [T] –

“Great. So I’m not even worth a notch in your bedpost?” Tzuyu tells Sana, her voice incredibly soft, amidst the tangled sheets and the smell of alcohol and , and Sana’s thoughts against the haziness of half-awake and half-daydreaming is it might actually break.

“No.” Sana mumbles monotonously, and rubs her hand on her eyes trying to rub off the sleep. Noticing the frown and dejected look on Tzuyu, and then a slight rustle in the sheets, Sana quickly backtracks, “Wait, what? That is a very confusing question.”

“Not really, but whatever. It stays between us, got it.” Tzuyu stands up, looking everywhere but Sana. She finds her pants and a hoodie at the edge of the bed. She looks around to look for her underwear. She sees a sight of it, after peeking under the bed, and winced when there’s a spike on her head when she squatted down. She can handle her alcohol better, but she had never had to sit on a one-on-one with anyone, much more Sana. She has a splitting headache, and a sharp, immense, repetitive pain is stabbing at her brain. felt like a sandpaper run through it, and she has this uncomfortable feeling on her stomach.

Maybe she wants to vomit. Or maybe she doesn’t like where the conversation is going.

“Yes, but Tzuyu, I never… ever intended to treat you as a ‘notch on my bedpost’.” Sana followed Tzuyu’s movement with a frown on her face.

“Yup. Couldn’t be anymore clearer.” Tzuyu gritted through her teeth, pulling up her underwear, then working on her pants. “My turn.” She croaked, like she’d almost choke on her own saliva (or the lack thereof) Water, she needed water. And to get away from Sana’s pleading look. “No teasing about this. Not even an innuendo.”

“Wait. Can we return to what you said a bit?”

“What did I say? See? I’ve forgotten about it already.” She mumbles as she moves briskly, putting the hoodie over her head, and snaking her arms on its sleeves. She knows Sana’s routine. No one stays over for brunch. And she shouldn’t too.

“Can you stop moving? You’re making my head hurt.” Sana reached for the hem of Tzuyu’s hoodie before she can move any farther than the bed. It’s cold, and the floor is too.

She thought Tzuyu would move away, and run a beeline towards the door, and Sana would either be following her, chasing after her, or give her space and leave her with her thoughts. This is not Sana’s first time dealing with this. But it’s her first time dealing it with a friend, someone close to her—someone she’d still meet and hangout with afterwards.

Sana hugs her from behind, making sure she doesn’t leave. She puts her head over her shoulders, looks to her and wonders what the girl is thinking. Against her better judgment, she presses a kiss in her cheek. “I just meant… you’re worth more than a notch on my bedpost. Last night wasn’t just about… checking a box on my bucketlist or something.”

It’s an inside joke, something only between them. Like the bowling last Sana’s payday. Or the eating a live octopus. Or hitting baseball drills because Tzuyu wants to, even though Sana at it. Or lie on the streets like in the movie, ‘Someday We’ll Know’. Tzuyu had become Sana’s partner-in-crime, ready to tick off a box in her secret bucketlist she doesn’t show anyone, not even Tzuyu.

Tzuyu had always been ready to ride with her shenanigans, and it’s more reason for Sana to be clear last night wasn’t just that. She’s not in love with her. She’s not even sure if she wants Tzuyu to be more than what she is to Sana right now. But she never ever want her to feel like she just used her to warm her bed. She’s worth much more than that.

“Right.” Tzuyu breathes out, barely, looking down at the floor.

Sana cups her cheeks, and urges her to look at her. “You’re a lady closest to my heart.” She says as she point to Tzuyu’s dimple, then drawing a heart to enclose it. She snickers when Tzuyu rolls her eyes. That’s the Tzuyu she knows. Still unaffected, no matter how cheesy Sana gets.

No more words were said after that. They didn’t need to be.

“and your hand? On my thigh? Inching closer to…”

“Inching closer where?”

“I said, stop.”

“Stop what?”

Stop teasing me.

Stop provoking me.

Stop making me feel--

Tzuyu furrows her eyebrows then slowly crept into bed with her, doing her best to insinuate herself underneath her covers, making sure not to touch Sana.

Sana watches her in amusement, thinking of a cat tiptoeing, which she finds funny because Tzuyu is on her own bed, and Sana was the supposed (unwanted) guest. She was lying on her side with her head propped up by her fist, her free hand dragging those lazy circles on the space between them.

It’s quiet for awhile and Sana stays on her side while Tzuyu stays on hers. But that’s the thing. With Sana on bed, there usually aren’t any sides. Every side is Sana’s, whether it’s Momo’s bed or Tzuyu’s. Sana doesn’t like sides on bed that she’s in, especially in 43B. Because she wants to hold them, and maybe, that’s the thing.

Without another glance, Tzuyu turns her back on her and said, “Good night.” Then she turns off the night lamp.

Of course, Sana doesn’t let her be.

She hears Sana giggle, then there’s movement on the bed. The next thing Tzuyu knows, arms are wrapped around her torso, and Sana had managed to snake her hand beneath her shirt, her palm settling on her midriff.

Something wet, travelling through her neck, sending shivers to her body, then Sana stops on her ears, her teeth grazing her earlobe, “Oh? Is this an invitation? I knew you like it when I—”

Tzuyu gasps, when Sana’s hand makes it way on the waist band of her pajamas.

“What are you doing?”

“What do you think?”

Their bodies pressed against each other, no space in between. Sana’s hand on her body is making her mind blank. The lips nibbling on her neck, keeps Feeling A on check. She stares at the wall across her. She can see Momo with Mina on her bed. She can hear Momo’s laughter through the walls. But another from Sana and Tzuyu wills the self-restraint to go and hide somewhere because before she can think again, she cranes her neck to give Sana access. Sana’s whisper silence the voice in her head that’s saying it’s a betrayal to Momo.

But betrayal how?

Tzuyu moves her hand, to pull Sana towards her, her lips meeting Sana’s.

Her mind is empty. Sana’s lips on hers is keeping her mind blank. The end justifies the means, right?

They all go to brunch the next day at the diner two blocks from 43B.

Momo kisses Mina in the cheek as Mina focuses on her phone, answering an email, and complaining on working on a Saturday. But Mina does look up from her phone to smile at Momo. Momo orders for them both.

Tzuyu frowns, and grips the menu even tighter, glaring at it, but not reading any from it.

The waitress turns to her and waits for her order.

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter