Favorite kiss

Favorite kiss

 

#.5 Part 2 of 3

 

When Hyukjae dared to talk back to Kyuhyun- -let's not use the word fight nor bicker because that's not what happened. Hyukjae simply talked back- -he had no idea of what sort of situation he was getting himself into. He had never imagined for Kyuhyun's mouth to his (yes. . R.A.P.E. .) and he had never ever ever imagined for Kyuhyun to ask him out on a date. And never ever ever ever ever, he'd thought Kyuhyun to be the type of guy who talks alot. He thought Kyuhyun's the type of person who prefers listening- -ignoring- -people rather than talking.

If Hyukjae had a time machine, he would definitely travel back to day one when he got bothered by Kyuhyun's Ipod on his desk. He would tell the Hyukjae of the past to trust him because he's the Hyukjae of the future.

'Don't even think about it. It will save tons of troubles', he would say to convince Hyukjae of the past not to make the biggest mistake of his existence. 'You wouldn't want to know what could happen if you try to nudge that thing so don't, okay? Do a favor to both of us and just leave it there. I'm not joking. It will be the only way to survive, you know. And I bet you do not want to suffer a tough life, do you? And I also bet that you don't want your ears to hurt, right? Cause, Hyuk- -ehm, me of the past, you don't know it yet, but apparently ing Cho has days when he wakes up and he feels talkative. 

Yes. I know right- -he hadn't talked with anybody in our class for years, but after some days from the disaster, he'll try to have a conversation with you during lessons.

Damn him.'

 

". . .are you still listening, Hyukjae? Hey, Hyukjae. Hyukjae", Kyuhyun whispers. A pencil is poking Hyukjae on the shoulder and Hyukjae does his best to look like he's one hundred and one per cent busy in underlining the most important dates of Korean History.

"We've already settled that your silence means yes to me, Hyukjae", he says after just a second of pause.

Hyukjae would really like to grab the pencil and make Kyuhyun eat it, instead he chews on his own highlighter and helplessly hopes for the recess to come a little bit earlier today. But of course, luck's not on his side. 

It's like a mosquito keep buzzing near Hyukjae's ear, but no matter how hard Hyukjae tries to shoo it, it won't go away. Might as well kill it. That's an option that Hyukjae's considering, but based on the pros and cons of killing-the-"mosquito" would lead to, Hyukjae has always found himself turning the page and looking for other important dates.

". . .that night Hangeng hyung wanted to screw a chick from another school who got to partecipate at the party because she's Changmin's friend. She's not hot tho, but her huge kind of compensated for it. . .and then he threw up on Heechul hyung's new outfit. Heechul hyung was pissed, he caused a major headache to all the guys there, screaming like someone was killed. It was the first time I saw him that angry. . .he suddenly came and he brought the blonde guy at home. It was a nice choice. You got to admit that Jaejoong's attractive if we don't count the fact that his interest in Yunho's such a big turn off. Why would he like Yunho right? The guy's. . .Anyway, what I wanted to tell you was that this cousin of Jaejoong was dirty dancing pretty shamelessly with Doojoon and of course Doojoon gave in. Blonde and cute. Doojoon got lucky that night. . .we were at the middle of this table. . .Tablo hyung did. . .and then the owner forbad us to step in his pub again. Dude, was the man mad. . ."

Hyukjae can't hear anything, but an irritating bzzt. He does not know if Kyuhyun is up to something- -if there is actually something Kyuhyun is trying to obtain by sharing fragments of his life to Hyukjae. So far, Hyukjae's one and only thought about it is that Kyuhyun, mute or talkative, is very annoying.

To his big surprise (that remains concealed under his poker-face because a mere hint of facial reaction could wreck Hyukjae's great performance), Kyuhyun sounds like he's finally giving up after narrating about. . .something.

"Fine, I get it." Kyuhyun huffs. Thanks for this amazing gift, up there. I can't ask for more. "You can't care less about what happened in those parties." Exactly. Like you said: I can't care less. So shut your mouth.

Hyukjae underlines 1392 and as he finishes reading, the whole sentence's yellow. He figures the general Yi Seong-gye and the things he did could be great candidates for the next test. While he reads quickly the rest of the paragrahp, skipping some words here and then, he savors how awesome it is to be able to hear his teacher's voice.

Actually, mrs. Lee's voice is the irritating-to-hear-type. But Hyukjae is glad that he can hear her, listen to her boring list that he needs to know about the pages she'll assign to study at home- -it doesn't sound good at all, but everything's better than Kyuhyun.

When a couple of minutes pass without any interruption originating from his left, he's very glad to any thing that made Kyuhyun stop- -Hyukjae would assume that it's his impeccable acting that did the magic, but if it is because Cho Kyuhyun's throat suddenly hurt too much that he won't be able to talk for hours or maybe days, Hyukjae wouldn't mind if Kyuhyun's weak vocal cords took all the credits. 

What the. . .Hyukjae groans when he notices that he's been deep concentrated in listening to the non-coming voice of Kyuhyun, but his hand hasn't stayed unmoved during the time being. He can see scribbles all over the book, the yellow scribbles ing the underlining he's done. It doesn't take him long to understand that his work is useless at this point and if Hyukae could scream his head off, he would do it.

"You're pretty stupid, aren't you?", comes a comment that Hyukjae hasn't asked for.

And because Hyukjae is not pretty stupid at all, he immediately turns to give a burning glare to Kyuhyun because somebody who's obviously stupider than Hyukjae is not allowed to call Hyukjae stupid (and that's a very valid reason, or you can just think that he has a mood swing or fall easily after being teased. Say what you want, really. It's not like that's the explanation).

"I thought you lost your tongue or something. How sad you found it back.", he says harshly. He doesn't wait for an answer. As soon as the words have come out of his mouth, he's back wandering his thin black eyes at the blackboard because he has to not think about how the bastar can affect him and Hyukjae must learn to take control of himself quickly after getting a little distraction. 

"What's with you today that you keep using my lines?"

Hyukjae tells himself he'd begin the lessons for snapping-management-to-someone-who-is-a--and-it-is-better-not-to-talk-to-at-all another day (tomorrow sounds a good option). So he is not very proud at how he's behaving- - compared to before, he's breaking everything - -but he seriously can't let this go like that. "It's a saying. You're not the first who said it and you won't probably be the last."

"I recall you using my lines after our match as well."

"Put your name on them before calling them yours."

"Now, you're being a sarcastic- again when I recall telling you to stop." Hyukjae can see the smirk even though he's not looking at him.

He's still holding the highlighter. He's gripping tight on it. "I recall telling you to off, but I see how obedient you are."

A short pause. "You never told me to off."

"Then I'm telling you- -", Hyukjae hushes when the teacher fakes a cough. His eyes land on her and he gulps. She's staring at him and the scowl on her lips means that Hyukjae's been caught chattering during her class- -he wonders if he was talking loud before.

They look at each other for an incredibly awkward couple of seconds.

Why is it always me?  Hyukjae worries about being thrown out of the classroom because that is what their History teacher often does, but she gives him one last pointed look, to which Hyukjae responds with a little intimidated nod, before her voice starts echoing in the classroom again.

Ducking his head on his desk, he no longer completes the sentence because if he did, the next thing he'll see would be the principal.

Assface Cho.

 

 

There are a hundred things unfair in the world.

He is wrong.

There are definitely more than a hundred things, but right now- - and forever, let's be real. How can he mind others' life when he's living a nightmare from which he can't wake up? - -Hyukjae's concered about the unfairness he's getting.

There should be a limit. A stop. A signboard or a red line telling to the world that he's crossed a point where Hyukjae should receive all the lovely things it could offer because he's suffering too much.

Or it could just give him some moment of peace. That would equally do.

Hyukjae is immersing himself in his rage because he cannot stomach anything anymore. Sungmin's been interrogating him since they left the class to go to section C to meet Junsu before going all together to the cafeteria. He doesn't get why the older keeps supporting his idea that is Kyuhyun winking at Hyukjae when Hyukjae has already pronounced that dust or something entered the bastard's left eye and so of course, the bastard would close it. Hyukjae accepts no objections to his statement.

"Without rubbing it?"

"I'll tape your whole face if you do not shut up, Sungmin hyung."

Sungmin opens and closes his mouth like a fish, startled. "I was just asking", he grumbles.

They walk without any other words exchanged. Hyukjae doesn't have time to regret, having pictures of a certain person persistingly trying to conversate with him as if Hyukjae was not silently reproached by the teacher. As if what happened was right because it was Hyukjae who was disturbing the lesson and there was not a reason beyond that. Hyukjae could have told the teacher it was Kyuhyun, but obviously it was too late when the idea got in his mind.

The anger is escalating. He ruffles his hair while he suppresses the urge to throw out profanities like he did some time ago. 

Hyukjae proceeds on walking instead of stopping to catch Junsu because the latter wants to play Captain Obvious and it's not the right time. 

"Hey!", Junsu protests. He's been paid a very poor amount of attention lately. "Did I ask something wrong? Hyukjae!"

But he and Sungmin are still following him. In fact, Hyukjae can hear Sungmin's short answer. "Yes, he's pissed."

There is the ordinary pandemonium in the cafeteria. The feeling doesn't depart from Hyukjae even after stepping in the place. He eyes the moltitude of tables already occupied by students. He wills the freshmen could be less chaotic with their chitchat- -there's definitely something compromising the clear path of this new generation because talking to the person next to you in a normal tone shouldn't be a hard task to fulfill. And why exactly are the fresmen's feet on the table? Hyukjae vaguely wonders if they know that is a furniture people usually use to support objects- -food in particular. Cavemen. The truck of criticism comes to a stop when Sungmin purposely shoves him lightly as he heads to a vacant table that Hyukjae hadn't noticed.

Only when he plops himself on one of the chairs, he takes note that Junsu is not with them. He glances around him to search for the friend, somehow expecting Junsu to be holding a tray and asking to the student in front of him to solicit the others before them to hurry because he's very hungry, he could die. That is so Junsu. There he is. Hyukjae doesn't smile as he sees Junsu already picking hamburgers and other junky food that Jessica would disapprove with many glares before she would focus on Donghae's choices.

Talking about them. . .Hyukjae isn't really interested in knowing. He blurts it out without looking for the answer, "Aren't the Traitor and Jessica coming?"

"No, Donghae doesn't feel safe with you and he should", Sungmin is speaking in a neutral tone, but Hyukjae knows the older is not happy with him. He isn't either. He quits waiting for Junsu to choose between a can of Coke and a can of Fanta in favor of centering his attention on Sungmin. The latter is sending him this I'm-not-saying-anything-but-you-know-what-to-do look.

Hyukjae wants to not mind it- -he wants to stay wallowing in this rage. But those eyes of Sungmin are penetrating him with that look, and he's been repeating to himself to calm down so much (along with saying all those other things) that it's becoming a mantra. There's no progress inside Hyukjae, but he apologises. "Sorry, okay. You talk too much anyway." Well, at least he tried. That what really counts. Trying because he's a good friend.

Sungmin doesn't seem to appreciate Hyukjae's enormous effort. Though, there is an interesting change of his facial all of a sudden. "No, I'm the one who should say that." He sighs audibly. 

Someone behind them screeches an awfully loud 'Hyung'. Hyukjae turns just to glare at whoever the person emitting that maddening sound is. He's back at Sungmin after accomplishing his purpose. In the short period Hyukjae wasn't looking at him, Sungmin caught his phone and he's now texting someone.

Or he is doing this because he is upset. There is nothing much left to do. Hyukjae stretches his arm to cover the screen of Sungmin's phone. "You talk too much, I'm being a big . I accept your apologies, but please do the same. Accept mine."

A victorious smile etches on Sungmin's lips. He lays his device on the table and Hyukjae could retreat his hand. "Fine, but you got to do something because we're going to discuss a lot if you keep that attitude.", he says, nodding a little. 

Hyukjae's now sort of sulking. "I know right.", he admits saddened by the truth, "I also know that that before was the second time I snapped at you, but bear with me?" Yes, right, he's pleading (did this happen also before? He can't remember).

He is not expecting another immediate yes. In fact, he's kind of expecting Sungmin to settle something first like, 'I'm going to tell everyone this secret of yours if you turn into a -head at me when I'm not the object of your damn frustration' because that should be fair.

Sungmin shouldn't agree easily.

"Fourth.", is the single word being uttered by the older. Meanwhile, Junsu has joined them and before Hyukjae could rewind the tape and tell Junsu how sorry he is, there's a Coke placed in between his hands. And Junsu's smiling, then he's happily devouring one of the sandwiches on his tray.

Hyukjae can't help but smile too. It disappears almost immediately though. "What?", he asks, opening his can.

Sungmin reaches for a hamburger, receiving no complains in return. "This is the fourth time today, not the second." He swallows down a bite, and then continues, "It's fine."

Right. It should not stupify him, but it does. Hyukjae could bet all his money on Sungmin being the bestest buddy and he'd win. The guy's demostrated yet again how nice he is even with Hyukjae being horrible to him. If previously he gets overwhelmed by the older's greatness, the feel is doubled- -he feels invested- -he's sinking in thankfulness toward the other. Yet, he's still mad, if possible madder than before, because not only he's got angry because of Cho Kyuhyun, but he's part of the cause now.

"He did not have to do it", he drawls, "You do not have to always rub your eye when a bit of dust enters it."

Sungmin eyes him, cheeks puffed because of the burger stuffed in them. He chews. "It was a wink.", he says later.

Glad that the other answered to him, Hyukjae keeps the conversation going. Junsu's with them, but he's eating and Junsu's never been good at multitasking, and food wins over everything for Junsu anyway.

"It wasn't."

"Was."

"Was not."

"Was."

"Was not."

Sungmin stares for a little while. "Shut up, Hyukjae", he retorts, stealing with one move the Coke from Hyukjae's hands. The younger doesn't object when Sungmin passes the can back to him after drinking. "It was, and I tell you, this is the end of this.", he states smugly, fluttering his eyelids close quickly and showing Hyukjae a fake cute toothless smile.

Hyukjae knows how to welcome that. Let him. "Fine."

"Yes, fine." Sungmin grins, a true one this time.

You know what truly happened and you're not in the wrong, Hyukjae. The other guy contentedly goes back to his sandwich.

Hyukjae shifts to look at Junsu and he shakes his head in disapproval as Junsu nearly chokes as he forced himself to take more food into his already too full mouth. He watches him finish his Fanta with a paling face and then regaining some color after the drink. Deciding not to be lured by non-welcomed thoughts, Hyukjae's happy when he gets entertained when the guy reassumes eating like he was doing before as if he was not on the verge of dying. Not human. He wonders how can Junsu eat a burger after another one without taking a pause and why he hasn't videotaped Junsu's talent yet and sent it to the Guinness World record or to a talent agency or to a circus- -Junsu could have a bright future in a circus. He could become The-Man-Who-Eats-And-Eats-And-Eats.

"How do you do that?", Hyukjae asks when Junsu's done with his meal. There's nothing left except for a lettuce leaf. He nearly asks why Junsu didn't devour that. "And you do not get fat. You're an alien, Junsu.", he adds, glancing at Sungmin who's on the way of finishing his hamburger.

"My stomach has magic.", Junsu jokes, making circle motions on his belly. He then wipes sauce off his face with the back of his hand. "Besides, you're one to talk. You're a big eater like me, Hyuk."

"True", Sungmin agrees, ketchup on the corner of his lips. "Actually, Hyukjae eats more, but he's skinnier than you. If someone has magic, that's him."

Raising an eyebrow, Hyukjae looks at his not very muscled arm. But it's not that thin like the two are stating, his mind argues. "Still better than being chubby", he shoots back, deciding it's going to take down Sungmin and Junsu's insult. Especially Sungmin's, yes. In Hyukjae's head, they're allies or something similar to that. Sungmin can't go stabbing him by siding Junsu. That's intolerable.

I'm such an idiot, but, hey, this is funny.

He eyes Sungmin chew for awhile. The older puts down the remaining bread, pouting a little at Hyukjae without talking back. Hyukjae thinks that the silent answer of Sungmin counts more like victory for him because Sungmin can't say anything to that.

"I hate you", Sungmin pouts and folds his arms on his chest, impersonating Jessica perfectly. Junsu laughs at him, shoulders shaking and hands clapping, Hyukjae chuckles. "Okay, stop.", he says at last. He waits for the younger friends to regain composure- -for Junsu to stop acting like a retard seal, and then he fakes a serious face. "It's huggable, Hyukjae. I was born to be soft and cute and for people not to want to let me go once they have their arms around me. It's an advantage."

"Is that what you keep telling yourself everytime you see your puffy face in the mirror?", Hyukjae teases, grinning maniacally.

Sungmin frowns.

Junsu leans to Hyukjae. "Or when he sees his fatty body."

They high-fave after Sungmin kicked them both under the table. "Coke", he orders, tapping the table with one finger. Junsu's chanting 'Calories, calories, calories and Sungmin's a fatty' when another kick reaches him- -this time his shin- -and Hyukjae accepts the can back, laughing, before bringing it to his mouth.

He takes a gulp of the drink as well. The liquid is half going down on his throat but Junsu makes a nod blocks its way.

"Dude, Kyuhyun wouldn't be happy of that inderect kiss."

He forces himself to swallow, rubbing his chest in the process. Hyukjae doesn't feel better, the nod feels like it's still there. His condition worries none of his two friends. Sungmin is suppressing a grin at Junsu who's enjoying the indignant expression of Hyukjae. He drinks again in a try to feel better, but it only worsens. 

He can't find his true voice back. "Stupid.", he murmurs. A fit of coughs makes Hyukjae look for water, but there's none. Legit. Hyukjae was having a minimum of a good time, surely now the least that's waiting for him is to suffocate. Very legit.

"Hey!", Junsu says petulantly, smacking Hyukjae's hand. "I'm not stupid.", he keeps going and it's amazing how he does not notice Hyukjae grasping for air. "Why do you all think that I'm stupid? Yoochun said that all the time! Do you know that the assface isn't talking to me because he said that I can't figure out things and I'm too stupid to realise? Realise, what? What the hell does that mean? Why doesn't he just tell me instead of being all mysterious and keeping secrets and all? I ing hate Yoochun."

It would have been amusing- -the way Junsu whinged about it- -the way the freshmen stared at him and then reverted to their own shouted-conversations- -the way he seemed all furious when he talked about Yoochun saying he's stupid when Hyukjae can't recollect a moment being together with Junsu when someone did not address him like that. Or they would use synonyms, idiot, silly, and other variations- -Junsu never got this bothered.

Why now?, but Hyukjae can't end his existence with this ty life.

He bolts up to get some water.

 

-

 

"Lee Hyukjae, right?"

A big tanned hand is on his shoulder. Hyukjae eyes it for a moment, registering the unfamiliar voice, before he shrugs it slightly off him and finally turns fully to look at the person in the face. The bottle nearly slips from his hold.

Goddammit. Choi Siwon. President of the swimming club. Nominated 'Hottest chocolate abs' by many girls and 'Charming smile' by mostly noonas. The one always scoring 100 in his exams. The guy who worked as a part-time model last summer and appeared in one of those fashion magazines sold all over Asia. Ohmyholyg.

Perfectly styled hair, a shaped face, a muscular toned body.

And then there's Hyukjae nearly gaping.

What would one of the most popular student of the school- -scratch that. A person who's going to be famous and successful in the future for sure, want from Hyukjae?

"Yes.", he answers and he might or might not be looking at Choi Siwon with too much admiration in his eyes that Hyukjae could possibly bring the other the idea that he's a creepy being and scares him so much that Siwon would not want to have an encounter with him again. Ever. But Hyukjae can't understand why the most perfect- - 'kay, this is getting ridiculous. He doesn't really need a reason to be excited Siwon's noticed him, but if the guy can provide one, he'd listen eagerly. 

Somehow, the thought of being spotted by Siwon for no reason in particular makes Hyukjae feel a little special. Special. Special. Special? Special?! Hyukjae doesn't cringe at the absurdity of his thinking.

Siwon looks shy and embarassed. "Would you want to sit at my table with my friends? There is something I wish to tell you, but. . .Uhm."

With that, Hyukjae assumes he's talking about the athletes, a category that he likes to adore from afar- -especially the girls, but has never desired to be in contact with because they do not have friendly faces. None of them. Hyukjae added Siwon's patience and ability to befriend with hostile people to the list of 'how-great-the-guy-is' a long time ago. Probably two years ago (no, it's just a mental list. You won't be able to calm your if someone popular of your entire school walked up to you and asked you to join him at his table with his popular friends so shut up).

He'd choose to stay here or to go sit at his table with Sungmin and Junsu who will be as excited as Hyukjae in having Choi Siwon with them. And that's why he formulates the question, but Siwon says maybe another day and insists Hyukjae to meet his friends.

"But why?", Hyukjae blurts out, confused. 

"Why not?" Siwon gives him a lopsided smile. "The guys want to meet you."

The bottle of water is about to explode due to the tightness it is encircled. "Me?" Hyukjae points his thumb at himself. He really can't understand. Is the Earth playing with him? What sort of screwed game is this? Don't tell him this is actually a dream. For heaven's sake, please don't.

"Yes, you." Siwon confirms with yet another smile. A big full one this time. "So. . .let's go?"

And Hyukjae actually asks himself, what harm could it bring me to go meeting Siwon's friends? . Choi Siwon. That means he can ask the guy how he can cope being number one at school and then winning competition after competition. To be honest, he's not a fan of swimming. But Siwon's an exception. Siwon's the winner. The embodiment of the winning combination of Apollo, Poseidon and Zeus (he should really continues with the studying session he had during punishment. He's got one hell of a brain now. Oh yeah).

He's the opposite of Hyukjae. I'm so crazy. The point is, Hyukjae admires Siwon because he's everything Hyukjae wants to be. Lucky and successful. Handsome and utterly very kind.

"Okay." He nods in agreement. Siwon's radiant when he turns and begins marching to his table. Hyukjae merely notes that he hasn't told Sungmin and Junsu not to wait for him, but judging from the many glances he's getting as he shadows Choi Siwon, he knows they will hear about it and they will query him later.

It doesn't take them much to arrive at the destination- -Hyukjae is reluctant now. If there's the possibility that this little talking could make him friend with Siwon, he doesn't know if he'd be able to survive the scrutiny hollowed in the others' eyes.

He has to delete his what-ifs as when Siwon guides him to an empty chair, Hyukjae feels that he's totally coward because he wants to leave.

At his right, there are the soccer players. Jung Yunho, the captain and the ultimate play-boy, and Kim Jaejoong, the goalkeeper, nominated 'The collector' because he could be seen with different girls in a month. Someone swore to have seen Jaejoong with seven different girls in one week. One per day. Players, indeed.

At his left, Yoon Doojoon and Lee Jonghyun, the karatekas. Besides for their martial arts, the two are known also for their bad grades- -Hyukjae heard that Doojoon wasn't supposed to partecipate at the karate Championship between other schools last year because he was failing three subjects, but the headmaster made him play because of the stress both the fanclub and the coach were giving him. Apparently, they kept saying that they would not be Champions two consecutive times if Doojoon did not play. As for Jonghyun, he is not as bad as Doojoon. He does not excel at any subject and he does get some very low scores, but he manages to pass them without being scolded much. The problem is that the guy sleeps in class. A lot. Next to Jonghyun, there's Mr-young-wonder, Choi Minho, a freshman, a runner- -the best runner of the school so far. Too bad, he's fast both in his sport and in getting into fights. He got nearly expelled once.

Hyukjae nearly wonders why there are no female students such as the lovely Yoona, but right in front of him, there are Shim Changmin and Kim Youngwoon- -Kangin for friends, but Hyukjae isn't his friend and he doubts he'll be because the guy looks like a mad pit-bull ready to chop off Hyukjae's head- -the basketball players and Kim Heechul the reincarnation of Satan.

He's pretty sure the latter isn't playing anything because he's got this 'sweat-phobia'- -does that phobia even exist? But the question is: what is he doing here? Though, Hyukjae prefers to mull over the terrifying memory that Heechul looked murderous yesterday.

As Heechul starts narrowing at him, tilting his head so he could have a better look of him, Hyukjae quickly opens the bottle of water and drinks to try to calm his nerves. He doesn't pray nor hope not to be recognise. You have to get at some point in your life that when you try and try for more than a hundred billionth time and the catastrophe equally happens, all you have is to ask for the catastrophe to come and for its effects not to be very catastrophic.

"You."

Figures. So Heechul's the first at the table to speak to him.

Hyukjae closes the bottle. It's fascinating how Heechul could have a face like that- -insert compliments here- -and have this kind of personality- -feel free to offend the guy. "Yes?"

"You lost something yesterday.", Heechul drawls.

Hyukjae his lips. "Uh, no, I did- -"

"You did.", Heechul counters and Hyukjae begins scratching the plastic surface of his bottle. Annoying y feminine guy. "I found your nose in my business and I'll be glad if you take it back with you.", he concludes, face devoid of any kind of emotion. What the hell.

Hyukjae clenches his jaw. That is only partly true. He wasn't meant to snoop like that. "Sorry, 'will never happen again.", he promises.

"Good."

Now would be the perfect opportunity to get up and run back to Sungmin and Junsu, but Hyukjae doesn't move a single finger because he actually adverts his eyes to look at someone else other than Heechul and scanning each of the faces, of course the choice settles on Siwon who is still brightly grinning. 

He admits that he's in a total stupor state. He's never heard of Choi Siwon knowing Kim Heechul, let alone the two being friends.

"So", one of them starts to talk. He looks around and finds out that it is the captain Yunho. He's talking to Hyukjae. "You are Lee Hyukjae."

Despite the non-questioning tone, he responds, "Yes."

"I see." Yunho stares at him, and it is only the imagination in his crazy head that makes Hyukjae think that he's cheking him out. "Not really my type, but I can get to understand why he's interested in you."

Hyukjae's eyebrows shoot up. "What?"

"I think it's the defined jaw.", Jaejoong says, "It's. . .not really making him look attractive. . .Oh, , I can't explain it, but I think it has something to do with his jaw."

My. . .jaw?

"Or maybe his lips.", Yunho supplies. 

"My lips?!", Hyukjae splutters out, not minding to cover the shocked expression. He has a right to make it. What's going on? Thinking about it, Siwon hasn't told him anything yet.

Heechul puffs. "Or his panicked expression as if we're talking about a with him being the protagonist." An evil smirk curves his mouth.

Gaping. And flushing. "I-I refuse", Hyukjae mutters in a little voice.

Heechul sneers. Yunho looks disappointed. Which is bad. "What about you and I?"

Hyukjae stands up. How about no, and I am going back to my friends before smashing all of their faces? He vows never again to accept the invitation from a good person because you don't know who are the ones who's around your idol. The one who grabs his hand to stop him is Doojoon. The grip is not very tight, but Hyukjae doesn't try to get rid of it. He thinks karateka. His resistance must be really good. What if Hyukjae tries to yank his arm away and he finds himself lying on the ground instead? 

"Stay", Doojoon tells him. It's not an order. It isn't a plead either. He drives Hyukjae back to his seat. "Yunho's just being the that he is. Don't mind him."

Hyukjae sees Yunho simply shrug.

"Right.", Siwon says, handing Jonghyun a Sprite that Hyukjae swears pops out from nowhere. "We want to have a talk with you."

Hyukjae doesn't relax. "Just tell me what, I'll answer and then I'll go. Please." All of a sudden, being with Siwon (when his friends are there) isn't appealing anymore- -it never was actually. Hyukjae got carried here only because the guy who told him was Choi Siwon. He plays nervously with the sleeve of his uniform. It is not that good.

An amused cackle follows his words. "Okay, we'll get straight to the point then", Heechul smirks and Hyukjae inwardly rolls his eyes. "Are you or are you not the guy that our little Cho wants to ?"

He's horrified. "What." He shifts on his chair.

Siwon covers Heechul's mouth with his hand. He's locking stares with Hyukjae so he doesn't see the other look which is promising something Hyukjae thinks could be interpreted as torture or similar things. "No, no, no. What he meant is: Is the wooing going on well?"

As much as Hyukjae does not want to have the situation clear- -because he knows he won't like it- -putting the pieces together comes naturally.

"Cho Kyuhyun doesn't like me!", he yells, standing on his feet.

And suddenly, they are all fixing at him with enigmatic expressions. Hyukjae does not even try to read beyond their facials. One, he does not care- -Cho Kyuhyun does not like him and end of the conversation. Two, they can stare at him with that face. Right here, right now, he does not care- -Cho Kyuhyun ing does not like him. And. End. Of. The. Conversation. Three, he's going away. Now- -and Cho ing Kyuhyun ing does not like him. And. End. Of. The. Conversation. Goddammit.

Heechul laughs at him. "Okay." There are no tears at the corner of his eyes, but he moves as if he's wiping them. Hyukjae didn't know when Siwon released him, he would have hoped, he wouldn't. Heechul bumps his shoulder with Youngwoon's, but when he speaks, he's talking to everyone. "He's not a person to get noticed immediately because his face is not really the kind you'd stare at forever, unlike mine, but his reactions are cute, he's in denial, when he panics he looks like a lost puppy and that's simply adorable and same goes for when he's angry."

Hyukjae is rushing to Sungmin and Junsu's table.

 

-

 

There are rules at Hyukjae's house and Hyukjae thinks that's good because rules prevent Sora from destroying their house when her classmates come over and decide to sleepover. You'd think that Hyukjae and his male companions (plus Jessica) are worse than the girls- -because Sora is all mature in the morning, but when the girls are with her, they're just psychos who pretend Hyukjae and Sungmin to cook for them and Donghae and Junsu to wash the dishes (Jessica can do nothing. That's unfair.), but of course they won't do anything and so the psychos pull pranks at them. Those psychos. Other rules are no alcohol, no drugs (Hyukjae's mother doesn't believe that Sora's friend, Gina always smiles and laughs and looks like she's on crack, but she's not. On crack. Hyukjae doesn't blame her mother for believing that, though.), no screaming after 4 o'clock and etc.

Hyukjae will talk to his parents and ask them to tell Sora to stay four meters far from the bathroom when he's in. She cannot walk inside when Hyukjae's just stepped out of the shower.

"Get out!"

Sora raises an eyebrow, but doesn't move. "Hi, little brother."

Hyukjae glares at her. He snatches a towel and wraps it around his waist. "It isn't, but you'll never see it other than in this state."

" brother."

He presses a finger on the bridge of his nose. "I was kidding. Now, get out."

Sora folds her arms on her chest. "We used to shower together when we were young, little brother. Don't be shy."

"Get. Out."

She sighs. "You're not now, are you?" Hyukjae a brow when she hands him his phone. "It was ringing non-stop and I'm studying.", she says, before finally leaving him alone.

Hyukjae closes the door. Or maybe I should just always remind myself to lock it. He brings his phone to his ear. "Hello?" If it's Junsu again, I'm going to open the water and let it sink there.

Hey, it's Kyuhyun. Uh? Changmin told me what happened. I just wanted you to forget about whatever they told you, those guys are ing stupid. Please, don'thatemebecauseofwhattheysaid. See ya tomorrow, girly guy.

 

Unknown number ended the call.

 

What the hell. . .?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

REMEMBER THIS NAME: COCCO.

 

Thanks to Hyuk_Jae, SujuCouplesLove15, fishyismine, jewElf_13 and starfish12345 for voting my fanfic. I don't think I deserve it, but thank you so much.

And for those who'll comment, I'll reply this time. Thank you so much for all the support. Take care.