Favorite kiss

Favorite kiss

Favorite kiss

My first kisses went a little like this...

 

 

 

1#.

As he drags himself off of the doorframe of the class and makes a beeline for his desk, staring at the white Ipod on it, eyebrow raised, but mouth shut firmly, Hyukjae feels that it is the right moment to regret having played basketball yesterday with Junsu until ten when it was so cold.

He regrets it- -he is scolding himself like there is no tomorrow and he does his best not to stomp his feet as he takes the last remained few steps to settle himself on the chair.

A little pout, that is what his lips are forming.

 

He really should have not been still there outside at that time. He should have ran back home and he should have taken a towel to wipe all his sweat.

'It's Junsu's fault', how he wishes to say it. But he has never liked lies and he has no plans on starting to become a liar now. Plus, really. . .Why would he say that it was Junsu's fault?

It wasn't Junsu who insisted on playing a little more because he was losing for just 3 points- - that turned 17 (but we can easily pass over this detail). It wasn't Junsu who said it was still early and 'no, it isn't cold and no, don't worry, we're not going to catch any cold.'

Indeed, they did not catch it.

Junsu felt just fine the day after, healthy guy that he is. While Hyukjae. . .No, he didn't catch a cold.

He had fever.

And it was a very high fever. And because of that, his mommy and daddy and even his older sister Sora growled at him that he has to become more responsible, that he's really uncaring because he didn't even send a text to inform them that he was coming home late, that he's not going to play with any of his friends for the rest of the month.

That was nothing new: he always gets punished like this when he does something his family is not proud of. But knowing that it's Monday the 3rd of March- -well, he usually does not complain any of his parents' decision because he knows that he's deserved it. He usually does not say that it is not fair. But hell, it is. That means that he's to stay 27 days at home.

It's much more preferable being stuck at Donghae's, listening to the guy's problems with his girlfriend. And Donghae is such a paranoid when it comes to Jessica.

Anyways, it's not all the getting sick plus punishment that made his head fume- -and it's still fuming because he is very angry.

Hyukjae is the unluckiest guy in the world.

He believes in that.

Because c'mon, how come only when he was at home with a forehead so hot you could cook an egg on it, Mr Park became an angel and told the students that they're allowed to freely change their seats and sit next to their friends if they wanted?

And try to contradict him if he's wrong, it is definitely bad luck that he is sitting next to Cho Kyuhyun.

 

He snorts inwardly and glares at the Ipod still on his desk.

 

How he ended up being next to the guy, is still half an opened question. Sungmin tried to explain him on the phone, but Hyukjae was so upset that the older preferred to choose that new student from America, Bae Seul Gi, that all he understood was that he was absent and Kyuhyun was just staying wandering his eyes borily- -in short, he was not going to choose anyone. That's when Mr Park waltzed in front of Kyuhyun and came out with the decision that Hyukjae will be happy to sit next to him.

Bull.

He and Kyuhyun have never been friends. They are just classmates. Classmates who have not had a conversation with more than 'hi' and 'yo' involved- -if you can call that a conversation. Kyuhyun has never looked interested in talking with him, or any other guys for that matter. (He has a few friends that are older than him and have his same attitude. And Hyukjae saw Kyuhyun with Donghae once. Not that he was spying the guy or something, it's just that he was walking home and a voice called him from behind and it was Donghae with Kyuhyun next to him. Anyway, he never asked Donghae about it. Why would he? It's none of his business). Kyuhyun has this aura of superiority and arrogance, with his face always held high when he walks, with headphones covering his ears, with his jacket thrown over a shoulder, that is not that people at their school die for not being able to know the guy.

Sure there are some masochist girls that try to win Kyuhyun's attention- - because, it is hard to admit, but Kyuhyun is ridiculously good-looking and 'it seems that every piece of cloth suits him'. Hyukjae's never seen Kyuhyun wear something else than his uniform, but he actually partly agrees to that last statement. After all, someone who manages to look like he's just stepped out of an ad even though he's wearing a dull grey uniform, could probably look godly with anything-  - and doesn't succeed at all since Kyuhyun is a block of ice. Using Sungmin's words- -if Donghae's girlfriend is the ice-princess, Kyuhyun can be the king of all the icy teenagers in the world. 

And no one (except the silly geese-girls) wants to have his arm just centimeters far from the ice-king.

No, Hyukjae is everything- - unlucky, infuriated, irritated  - -but happy.

 

He doesn't want to sound like a jerk, or worst to look like an elementary-boy, but Kyuhyun is occupying part of his desk and he doesn't like it. He can probably close an eye if the thing was a book or a copybook or a pencil-case or- -a thing related to school, but it isn't. It's just one of those portable media players, and he can care less if there is written Apple on it.

It can be a Dolce & Gabbana and he would equally be bothered.

He would say 'Hey, can you please take this Ipod of yours and place it on your desk or inside your pocket?', but he has no intention of talking to Kyuhyun. He is not in the mood of being ignored, not in the mood of starting a glare-war with the guy, so he thinks that all he can do is to nudge the Ipod slightly toward Kyuhyun's desk and then cough, making Kyuhyun understand with that move that his gadget is invading his space.

It's not the greatest of all the ideas, he knows, but it is the best he has thought so far.

And so he starts his plan and his eyes get immediately wide after his elbow just brushes the Ipod - -he swears it has not met the Ipod properly yet - -and a hand is touching him.

More a hand enclosing his wrist and blocking the flux of blood than just touching.

"What the do you think you're doing?"

Hyukjae's whole body tenses up, lump has formed on his throat. The voice is just like the guy: icy. And arrogant. And scary, yeah, he sounds so scary. There is a nervous smile maskering all his inside thoughts when he turns and a pair of eyes, glaring, are fix on him.

His voice is small and quiet when he gathers enough courage to reply. "Nothing, I just wanted to- -"

"I don't give a ." Kyuhyun looks so mad right now that Hyukjae starts thinking that he'd really like to lock himself in his room right now and spend there the rest of the day, to pay for his irresponsability and probably even spending more days in there. He would gladly stay there until someone tells him that Kyuhyun had finally chilled.

Hands closed into trembling fists, Hyukjae's fingernails are digging into his palms. "I was just- -", he manages to spit out, trying to defend himself, but again he's interrupted by another 'I don't give a ' said with decision and with a tone that's saying 'it's final, I don't wanna hear you talking anymore, just shut your mouth'.

He reacts by frowning slightly. It is certainly not a secret that he feels frightened, but the thing is, he's never liked being treated this rudely by anyone. Especially, by guys like Cho Kyuhyun who are the type to care only for themselves and not spare a glance at the others. Hyukjae has done nothing wrong to infuriate the guy like this, after all.

"Don't you dare."

Those words click something inside Hyukjae's mind.  Who the hell does he think he is? He feels ready to explode and the sight presenting before him- -Kyuhyun looking at him like Hyukjae's committed the biggest sin just affects the feeling more. However, he tries to suppress his anger. No matter what's happening, no matter who's at fault, Hyukjae hasn't got involved much into fights. First, because he doesn't like fighting- -he's okay with settling the argument verbally, but that seems an unlikely thing to happen in this case. Secondly, he absolutely does not fight over stupid things. And most importantly, he doesn't like being seen as he's the one stirring up the fight because honestly, he's never been the initiator because he's not fond of troubles.

So, no thanks.

Just no.

If you think about it, Hyukjae was about to nudge that stupid Ipod not to begin with this stupid scene.

That is it. Simple as that.

"Idiot, you understand?"

On the other hand, even with having all the best intentions, there are times when enough is enough.

"Hey", he raises his volume and a few classmates turn to look at his direction. Normally, Hyukjae would panic, knowing that pairs of eyes are looking at him and ready to judge his actions afterwards. He'd been there already. Not this time, though. Hyukjae has to repress this feeling of shoving away the face in front of his that he concentrates on choosing the right words to use instead. "I did it because your Ipod was on my desk. I just wanted you to take it away and put it on your desk.", he ends with a victorious smile as he sees Kyuhyun narrow at him.

Hyukjae hears mumbles cross the room and he's sure classmates, all of them, are watching them by now. The room is filled with 'what's happening' and 'Hyukjae' and 'Kyuhyun' and the word 'fight' which makes Hyukjae scrunch his nose.

There is silence between Hyukjae and Kyuhyun. And tension is added when Hyukjae feels his arm being twisted, not with the intent of breaking it, but enough to make him squeak. It's just then that he realiees Kyuhyun has not left the hold on him yet.

"Aw, aw, aw, hurts- -"

"Apologize."

Hyukjae frowns, "No."

"Then say goodbye to your arm", Kyuhyun says menancingly.

Ashamed by the fact that Kyuhyun s stronger than him, Hyukjae feels helpless. He does not know what to think about the guys surrounding them because no one is trying to save him. They're either too scared to even dare to move a finger or they do not really care. Hyukjae's cheering for the first option. Not even Sungmin that is one of his closest friend is coming to help him. Hyukjae's eyes wander in the room. He groans. Great, of course, Sungmin's not even there. That's why. He bites his lower lip as Kyuhyun twists more.

Maybe, after Hyukjae's deny, Kyuhyun is thinking of breaking his arm.

A shriek leaves his mouth and a useless 'poor' chorus follows it. Just as he is going to say sorry, someone comes to his rescue and he fortunately makes Kyuhyun loose his clasp around Hyukjae.

 

-

 

"Thank you, hyung", Hyukjae says to Sungmin with all his heart.

He turns to wave goodbye to Junsu, Yoochun (Junsu's friend), and Donghae. He trails the three guys' figures with his eyes: Junsu and Yoochun are running. It seems like they are playing that silly game, 'let's see who will arrive first at. . .' A game that Hyukjae always does because Junsu asks him to. Sometimes it feels funny to act childishly. Actually, it is not really like that, it only becomes natural to play silly games when Junsu's around. Donghae is walking toward the entrance of the school, glancing around him to see that blonde of his girlfriend. When Jessica comes, Donghae leans for a kiss, but the girl takes a step back and places a hand on Donghae's lips.

"Oh, I'm wondering what he did wrong this time", Hyukjae chuckles. He shakes his head ,muttering "I bet she's pissed because Donghae has forgotten to call her or to reply at her text quickly". He chuckles again and then stops with a sigh. Plastering a grin on his face, he turns to the remaining friend with him.

His smile dies.

"I already thanked you for calling the teacher, did I?"

Sungmin has his arms folded on his chest. "Yes, but it's not that, Hyuk." He starts walking and Hyukjae follows him, "You better stay at home tomorrow."

Hyukjae looks like he is talking with a crazy guy. "No way. I'm not afraid. I'll be there tomorrow." 

"Just- -" Sungmin stops walking. He holds a hand in front of his face and then makes a ball. He lifts up just his forefinger and then starts stabbing Hyukjae's chest with it. "You won just thanks to my intervention. No- -not mine. The teacher's. Don't be so confident you can beat Kyuhyun again. And tell me, Hyuk, what the hell came in that mind of yours that you fought him?"

This is exactly what Hyukjae didn't want to happen: being accused to be the beginner of everything. "It didn't go like that. Hyung, he- -"

"Stay at home tomorrow."

Hyukjae scratches his earlobe in pure irritation. He is not going to hide himself at home like a loser. Hyukjae is not one and he has just proven that. (Yeah, yeah, with the help of someone, but still, he won, didn't he?) It felt so good when Kyuhyun snorted after hearing that he had to stay an hour more for detention. Hyukjae admits that he hoped for something more like the teacher calling Kyuhyun's parents, but that situation's fine too.

Kyuhyun is kind of bad ( no, without 'the kind of' part: Kyuhyun is bad), but Hyukjae is sure the guy has never stayed after school. Never. This is a first time.

A smile erupts.

Sungmin glares at him, but Hyukjae doesn't notice it as, all of sudden, a realisation hits him

He widens.

Talking about first times. It's the first time Kyuhyun talked with someone of their class for that long- - let's skip the reason why Kyuhyun did it. And maybe this is also the first time he was about to hit someone?, his mind suggests, because think about it, there havae never been rumors about Kyuhyun. Well, at least not rumors regarding Kyuhyun hurting someone.

He snaps out of his thoughts when Sungmin re-starts jabbing him. "I don't know him, but I bet he will make you regret it."

"You were the one who called a schoolteacher, shouldn't you be afraid of him too?", Hyukjae reasons out.

"He was gritting his teeth at you, not at me."

Gritting teeth uh? Hyukjae rolls his eyes and strides forward. "Whatevs." he tries to act cool when Sungmin reaches him with a worried look. He covers well the sudden shudders he feels on his spine as his mind flashes Kyuhyun's mad face.

 

-

 

This can't be true.

This is not true.

This must be not true.

If there was an anime artist and he saw Hyukjae right there, right now, Hyukjae is sure he would draw a square with an anime version of him with his mouth reaching the floor full of written crumpled papers of the day before. He is gaping for- - well, he has just arrived so he won't say for how much long (it would be stupid),but the sight of his desk with a rucksack, an Ipod with headphones, a jacket, an Ipad, a laptop, an Iphone- -he is not going to list all the things because they are a lot. Really, a lot. The sight makes him feel like wanting to jump on and strangle the guy that is sitting on his chair turned toward the door with his head cocked at one side and a smirk decorating his jerk-ish face.

Sungmin's 'Hyukjae don't. Don't' is not enough to stop Hyukjae from pointing his index and yell with all the air that he has in his lungs. "I'm going to throw them all away if you don't- -!"

"Jeez. High-pitched voice. Just like a girl's." Kyuhyun plugs his ears with his hands and recoils, making a keek!sound with the chair. 

"I'm not a girl!", Hyukjae cries, cheeks tinting after saying those words. He mentally slaps himself for replying at that mock. He could just have not minded it. How fool he is and now, just because of all these thoughts about how avoiding is better, he's sure his face has a brilliant shade of red for embarassment and anger. 

How fantastic this sounds, he thinks sarcastically.

When the Kyuhyun stands up from his seat and walks to him, Hyukjae thinks about bolting. Yeah, yesterday night he thought about what happened and he concluded that yes, he would go to school,but the moment Cho Kyuhyun tries to hurt him again, he would run. You see, he thought that his arm was going to be okay after drinking that painkiller they gave him at school after he was saved by the teacher, but it turned to be still painful after some hours when he was already at home.

Anyway, what Kyuhyun says then makes his feet glue on his position.

"Girls blush", Kyuhyun states. The way he raises one eyebrow and shows a lopsided jerk-ish smile says the rest of unsaid words Kyuhyun is thinking. Only girls blush. Guys don't.

"I said: I am not a girl!". Okay. So maybe Hyukjae wants to disappear now.

A semicircle of guys has formed around them. He hears some classmates say 'Uhh, Cho is right. Guys usually don't blush like that' and 'Sure,I've never had a tomatoe-face like that' and 'Neither I'. He closes his eyes tight and it's so silly how he wishes for a fairy to pop out of nowhere and to tell him he has one wish. He would use it to escape from this hideous situation.

"Oh my-Oh my- Cho Kyuhyun is gonna punch him!"

His eyes shoot open at that, alarmed. He swallows hard, expecting his lips to bleed or his eye or cheekbone to hurt and become black so that when his parents and Sora will see it they will order him to stay at home for the rest of the semester, saying he got into troubles.

So many thoughts are up.

Many other thoughts come when Kyuhyun grabs the collar of his uniform, earning a squeak from Hyukjae. Stop squeaking or they will say you are a girl mouse, Hyukjae tells himself.

It doesn't last for long, not even for a full second.

But he feels it.

He feels something crash against him.

Hyukjae trembles. Against his lips.

Softness on his lips.

Hyukjae's eyes are wide. Like they have never been before. They are wider than his classmate Jaejoong's doe-eyes and even wider than his friend Sungmin's mouth that is now forming a very big 'O' shape while shaking his head in total disbelief. He touches his lips with his fingertips, the other hand pointing at Kyuhyun, shaking.

"Y-You kissed me. . ."

He sees Kyuhyun going back back to take his headphones. Hyukjae is practically staring at Kyuhyun's back. He looks over his shoulder at Hyukjae and shrugs. He just ing shrugged.

"Nothing really special." Maybe it is only his imagination, but he kind of sees Kyuhyun's tongue his bottom lip. "And yo, it's okay. Relax, dude. It's a kiss, I didn't you."