Favorite kiss

Favorite kiss

 

#.2

He doesn't like being glanced at. More, he doesn't like being stared at and he definitely hates being talked about.

The problem about their school- -and any other school, but who gives a damn about other schools, when what is unnerving him is this school. His school- -is that students can't keep their mouths shut. Not even for few seconds, no, they are always blabbering and that is so annoying.

Not that he's expected that the scandal about Kyuhyun- -that guy who doesn't talk with other people besides the seniors and some other irritating guys he hangs out with or the guy that acts all cool like he owns the school- - forget this. Let's just summarize it: Kyuhyun kissed Hyukjae.

Cho Kyuhyun kissed Lee Hyukjae.

Everyone knows. Thanks to technology and then thanks to the recess and the canteen where all the students gather up after the first lessons.

The other news that is Hyukjae almost on the edge of going crazy and beginning to scream (with a voice as high as Katy Perry's in Fireworks) at Kyuhyun who didn't consider him at all is not circulating that more.

Unfortunately.

Hyukjae would prefer people to begin teasing him about the second instead of the kissing-thing. But he knows he's not that lucky: he is not at all. 

His male friends come to him with skeptical looks, but when he, abashed, confirms that, yes, he received a freaking kiss from that guy, they all remain with their mouths open and then pat him on his shoulder, saying 'Soap,Hyuk' and 'don't think about it'. 

He won't.

He won't think about it.

 

-

 

He is thinking about it.

Two weeks have passed since the horrible why-can't-I-forget-it day, but he can't stop thinking about it. As strong as he wants to, he has found out that he can't.

There are always people reminding him about that happening.

At school there are giggles from girls when he walks the hallway and smirks from guys, and then, when he arrives at his class, even if classmates finally cut to irritate him with the overly-used-questions, 'How was the kiss?', 'was Kyuhyun's lips delicious'- -there is the culprit himself that makes him remember the scene with his teases and smirks and 'do you want another kiss'- -It . His life .

And things don't go better at home because you don't know, but there is only one flat 50-inches television at Hyukjae's and it is downstairs, in the living-room, and it's good when there is only him alone because he can watch whatever he wants to. But that happens just once or twice a month. Most of time Hyukjae has to deal with his mother and his sister who both want to watch movies. Guess what? They are romantic movies. He uses to sit on the coach with them, just to eat some chips- -not for the movie.

But now, he feels that he can't do that anymore.

Because those romantic always show kisses.

So, after getting turned down at school, he doesn't want to feel more depressed. That's why Hyukjae walks immediately up to his room and starts doing his homework. Algebra is what he focuses on more lately. The subject takes all his thoughts away. He stays with his face bent at the book and he does exercises after exercises. He shows up at his family during meals and then he's back to his room. At the end of the day, he is so exhausted that he slips under the sheets and falls asleep immediately.

It's the 20th of March when his parents both happily announce him that he can start going out again. 

 

-

 

Hyukjae has nothing against Jessica.

The girl is pretty: she has these charming eyes and all-curves body that when Hyukjae saw her for the first time, he admits that he was attracted and fantasized to date her, but he soon found out that it was not possible as she's already taken by Donghae. And try to imagine his face when his friend came to introduce his girlfriend. He had a creepy smile- -he looks creepy when he forces himself to smile. Anyway, after passing time with the girl, he's glad that he didn't go out with her.

Don't take that wrong, it's not that Jessica is that bad. She's not one of those impossible girls that ask their boyfriends impossible requests, but she's sometimes really whiny and, damn, how he pities Donghae. But it's not this what he cannot stand about her.

There is something worse.

She's first in her class. But. . .But the girl sometimes comes out with questions and statements that Hyukjae's starting to doubt her smartness.

 

"Did he tell you that he likes you?"

There is a spark in Jessica's eyes when she asks it that Hyukjae doesn't want to upset her with asking what wrong medicine she did take that morning. He limits himself in narrowing, hoping the girl will change the topic and forget about the question. No, better, he hopes she will have an amnesia and forget about the kiss between him and the jerk-ish face. Why is Junsu such a mouthy guy? He grunts soundlessly.

He glares at his friend. Useless move as Junsu isn't looking back at him, but he is talking with Sungmin while being still stuck in the line to buy tickets.

Shifting his gaze back to Jessica, Hyukjae stops himself from letting out a deep sigh.

She is still staring at him.

And the spark?

It's still there in her eyes.

"Why would he tell me that?", Hyukjae says in the end, bored and not looking at her anymore. He doesn't like talking about that fact. If they weren't in a public area, he would start singing a song loud, so loud, that he would not be able to hear Jessica's voice. Crazy. Like he doesn't know it is crazy. He is perfectly aware that the thought is one of the worst and would bring him a lot of embarassment, but he would do anything not to hear people talk about Kyuhyun and him. And plus, calm down, it's just a thought and he has stated he's not going to do it. Hasn't he?

"Because he likes you!", she responds as a matter-of-fact.

Hyukjae's forehead creases.

Jessica's smile falters when Hyukjae faces her and she meets the dark eyes of the guy.

"No." He slips his hands inside the pockets of his jeans and kicks an invisible stone on the ground. He mentally screams that Jessica should really stop talking right now or else- -no. Or else, nothing. He's not a douchebag who hits girls. Actually, he doesn't even allow himself on thinking about such a violent immoral act. No, he is not supposed to think that. Not even when the girl in question has already said such an answer. Cho Kyuhyun that likes me? He puffs at the stupidity of it. 

Kyuhyun did what he did- - don't dare to say it - -just because he wanted to teach Hyukjae a lesson. To humiliate him. There's no second meaning. Hyukjae and his friends are absolutely sure about it. (To tell the truth, Yoochun was suggesting something that started with 'Or maybe Kyuhyun has a secret cr- -', but Hyukjae did interrupt him before he could finish the sentence.) Period.

"I think- -", insists Jessica, after some time in which she ponders if she can start speaking or she'll be in danger.

Well, there is no need to say that she has chosen the wrong option. She's just lucky. Hyukjae is trying to think about something to say to end the conversation. Or else- -Aish. no really, next time he will say those two words, he will slap himself. "Jess", his voice has incredibly become sweet. "Where's Donghae?" He fakes to look for the said guy.

He feels a way more relieved when he hears her echo him, "Where's Donghae?" And he feels also a bit guilty. Donghae has momentarily escaped from her girlfriend to find a place where he can buy sweets- -Jessica is that kind of girl that wants her boyfriend to eat healthy food. This is another reason why Hyukjae's happy he didn't date her- -and Hyukjae has promised to entertain his girl.

And he has purposely failed.

Bet he won't give me the strawberry candies I asked him. Hyukjae can only groan.

 

-

 

"I don't like horror!", Jessica complains after receiving the ticket from Junsu and Sungmin and after reading the title,'The hills have eyes'. The  two guys just chuckle at her, sensing that they will have a lot of fun with the film and then with Jessica's screams. Donghae is joining them, but quickly covers his grinning mouth as Jessica blazes and looks at him like she's trying to petrify him. 

"Good choice", says Hyukjae, bopping Junsu's shoulder jokingly. He circles his arm around the friend's neck and leaves it dangling. To be honest, he has never been fond of the genre. He doesn't like mutants and he is more than sure he won't be able to make his eyes stay staring at the screen during scenes of people drenched of blood. Just imagining it makes him uncomfortable, ready to run to the toilet and vomit.

At least, horror movies don't provide you-know-what

"Hae, baby, do something!", she says. She takes the guy's hand and cups them with hers. She then looks at Donghae with big puppy eyes which only her boyfriend and she put on when they want something from the others. She blinks and waits for the magic to happen.

It doesn't take long that Donghae falls in her trap.

"We can go and watch that film with Johnny Depp if you want", Donghae offers. The other three, silent, exchange glances before automatically roll their eyes.

Junsu interjects, "But we already have tickets and I think dude wants to stay with his male friends. Am I right?"

There is no way Donghae's going to agree to that question. Not if Jessica is clinging at him and already ready to throw a tantrum if the guy doesn't at least murmur a 'no'.

And so, when Donghae just shows that smile which says 'Please, don't do this, Su' ,Hyukjae isn't surprised at all.

Giving a knowing look at Sungmin and pulling the guy close to him just to whisper that he will go and buy one large tube of pop-corsn before the film initiates and also whispers to make Junsu stop trying to convince Donghae because it's useless, he starts walking to the opposite side of the spot in front of the entrance of the horror movie where his friends are standing.

About to turn the corner for the cinema kiosk, he can't help but chuckle as he can still hear Junsu's voice. Junsu is having a discussion with Jessica. 

 

-

 

From: Junsu

Donghae gone. Films gonna start in 15 mins,bro. Wr r u

Hyukjae blows out the air that he's collected in his puffed-cheeks. His brows knit, his fingers type the reply as quickly as he can.

Still 5 people then it's my turn.

He stays staring at the screen even after pressing the 'send'. Only after the cheerful beep,signaling that the message's got delivered to his friend, Hyukjae looks up. He rakes his hand through his hair and he mentally tells himself that next time he will go to the cinema he won't buy any snack.

He will just go for the movie and nothing more.

Promise.

He has been stuck in the queue for half an hour- - the time he usually takes to eat his lunch, get a rest for five minutes, have a shower, wipe his hair with a towel and then use the hairdryer. And the reason why he is still there, tapping his foot on the floor and not just forgetting about buying pop-corns is because he now feels hungry. Plus, goddamit, he won't go away from there with nothing in his hands. Half an hour, it would be a lot of time wasted in nothing.

Hyukjae's phone sings when they are finally only two people before him.

From: Junsu

Im thirsty. Coke

If Junsu's right beside him, Hyukjae'd flick his head.

You have feet for a reason. Come here and buy it yourself. I'm not going to get anything for you.

He shuts his phone and tucks it immediately in the pocket of his jeans. The song plays again. It's Junsu's reply for sure. Hyukjae doesn't need to open the message to know what it contains. He decides to read it after ordering his food. There is just one person now.

"Pop-corn. Large. Please" It's almost a robotic tone and Hyukjae says it even before the guy can ask him those words like what-do-you-want and end with the classic 'boy'. He admits that not everyone does it, but still. Why is he problematizing about this now, anyways? Hyukjae shakes his head. He takes the pop-corn and pays. It's probably the raising feeling of hunger in addition to his now slowly, very slowly decreasing anger.

He turns around and nearly bumps the man behind him during the process. He gives an apologetic half bow and then heads to reach the others. Having one hand holding something, with the free one he takes the phone. It doesn't matter if he's going to see Junsu just after some other steps, he is someone who does what he said- - verbally or just mentally.

Hyukjae raises both his eyebrows as he sees not one, but two texts.

From: Junsu

Stingy

He's seen that coming. A smirk finds his way on his features. And he mumbles that it's not true, though, he knows the friend has stated one right characteristic about him.

From: Junsu

Coke.

Dde, hurry. Film nd red alert.

Hyukjae blinks.

He reads again to control if he has not seen wrong. Apparently, no. There's really written 'red-alert'. His steps speed at that and his mind wonders what's happening there.

Those two words have a really important meaning for Hyukjae and his friends. They do not say or send it in normal situations nor in situations when it'd be really useful to receive it when, for example, you're not at home while your friend- - he won't say his name, but the guy is in his class and likes a certain girl who has a fat brother because they lived overseas, America, the country of delicious fast food, until one month ago - -is there and he is listening to your dad that is mad and swear to kill you the moment you step inside the house. They do send 'red alert' in those cases when there is no you-can-escape-from-here doors or when what they are going to see is something that they really don't want to, not even taking a quick glance at. It doesn't help at all, people can argue. Well, kind of true, but at least you can prepare yourself for the worst before facing it.

What the hell is going on there? Hyukjae stuffs the phone back in its safe place and picks the ticket to read the number of his seat without stopping in his tracks. He enters and feels momentarily happy that the film has not began yet. His face quickly changes the moment he sees Sungmin and the guy, who has made his heart beat in anxiety, wave at him.

He goes toward their direction.

"Dude, you are really so stingy. It's just a Coke, jeez", Junsu mutters, looking at what Hyukjae has in his hand. Sungmin is not listening to them. He is leaning his chin on the palm of his hand, elbow supported on the armrest.

Hyukjae ignores it. "What is it?", he demands. He asks himself if the friend's doing it on purpose. If he's doing that to test his patience: Junsu is just blinking at him. Like he's lost and he doesn't get the question at all.

And Hyukjae has the answer that 'no, Junsu is just plain stupid'.

"What, 'what is it?''

He suppresses the urge to throw the pop-corn at the other. "Text,Su." If the next words he will hear coming out of that mouth he is looking at will be 'what text', Hyukjae has decided that he will not restrain his impulses anymore. 

However, by the face Junsu makes, Hyukjae calms down a bit. The other has understood. He sees Junsu gnaw on his bottom lip and then he merely nods. He doesn't voice out his answer, but with a hand he makes a motion and he indicates the row of seats at the opposite side of theirs.

Hyukjae follows the indication. At first, he frowns, because he finds nothing to be preoccupied about: there are just people, some teenagers like them, a few adults and two elders who have probably mistaken this auditorium where a horror film is going to be played to the other one where Jessica and Donghae are. He's about to turn back at Junsu and yell at him to just tell him and not make him look for what the red-alert is about, that his eyes capture the figures of three guys. Especially one's.

He nearly chokes on his own saliva.

". The j- -"

Without waiting for Hyukjae to complete the sentence, Junsu confirms, "Yes."

 

-

 

As he stands up and consequently apologises to the viewers behind him, Hyukjae steps on Junsu's foot and smirks when he hears him cry in pain- -this is obviously followed by a 'shhh' that turns to be loud screams for fear when Hyukjae guesses that another bloody zombie appears on the screen. He hears Junsu hiss at him, voice full of annoyance. He snickers even more at that, thinking that it's what Junsu deserve for having made fun of him because, as he has predicted earlier, he feels disgusted just after half an hour of The hills have eyes.

Arriving at the toilet, he turns on the water, doing nothing at first,but observe it cascade on the sink. He puts his hands together  to collect an amount of water to splash it on his face to refresh himself. Johnny Depp's movie has no freak mutants that try to jump on you while you're sleeping and try to you, Hyukjae feels nauseous again. His eyes crack open, drops traveling down his cheeks and fall on the sink. He brings one hand to cover his mouth and stop himself from throwing up- -not that he is going to, it's just that, you know, it is connected to nausea and Hyukjae instinctively acts like this.

He feels worse when the quietness of the place's broken by a familiar voice.

"Woah, didn't know you're here too."

Hyukjae jerks his head up,but doesn't dare to turn around. He grips on both sides of the sink, mind populated by a train of -s  and a this is probably all an hallucination. Maybe I'm dreaming. This is sure only in my head.

All in my head.

Because it can't be happening that the only person in this word that he doesn't want to encounter is in the same cinema with his friends, watching the same film and now is behind him. He told Junsu that he wanted to go away, but hey no, the friend responded that he should be cool because there's just the tiny little possibility for him to be noticed by Kyuhyun and wait, who said that Kyuhyun would come to him and talk to him.

'Hyuk,just hide yourself. When they'll turn the lights on and people will begin to leave you can hide behind my back so that Kyuhyun won't see you,if you want.'

It's Junsu's fault this time. Hyukjae can say it. 

He is saying so, curses said softly are accompanying those words. And it's so frustrating that this doesn't seem to brighten him. How can he feel so anyways, when he has the jerk-ish face. . .How many steps far from him?

Hyukjae doesn't know. He's not willing to know.

He wants Kyuhyun to leave.

Soon.

Why is he here? Hyukjae snorts at his question, finding the answer for it in less than a second. Of course Kyuhyun's there for need, a reason totally different from his.

He jumps a little and a squeak escapes from his lips when a hand taps on his shoulder.

"Lee Hyukjae."

As he hears his full name being pronounced, his gaze flickers up and down, to the left and to the right, pretending that he didn't hear anything. And it seems to work for some time- - a short period of time. He feels himself get weak and then his body to all freeze the moment another hand has been placed on his shoulder and then he gets forced to turn around. 

Looking at Kyuhyun- - Kyuhyun's lips. Why the hell am I looking there? Oh, because of the trauma they have caused on him- - Hyukjae hears a little voice inside him peep that mutants and blood and dead people with their heads ripped are better than being at the toilet alone with Kyuhyun. And he agrees.

"So it is really you.", Kyuhyun says, tilting his head to look better at Hyukjae, "You were not answering. Thought I was calling the wrong person."

Hyukjae opens his mouth slightly, just to let out a yeah. He doesn't let his eyes stop on Kyuhyun, but let them just take glances at the guy. He continues on doing so, but then after three-four times, he notices that the other has mantained his stare on him. An unblinking Kyuhyun is staring at Hyukjae.

As a smirk curves on Kyuhyun's face, Hyukjae already foretells he will not like whatever the other will say or will do. "We did see each other at school this morning, didn't we? Don't tell me you're here because you miss me already."

Hyukjae feels his face heating.

Burning.

For anger.

Yes.

He throws a fiery, penetrating gaze only to get himself reddening more at the sight of a Kyuhyun that is wearing the same expression, not retreating. Hyukjae hasn't expected him to be freaking scared of him, but Kyuhyun is so composed. He's not even making a small step back. Not even a gulp. Not even biting on his lip,nervous.

Before murdering the guy, Hyukjae storms off the toilet, shuffling. He's so going out of here. Sure it is a waste that he paid for a film he is not going to finish. Hay,his money. But he prefers more going home now than sitting there, now mad and watching something that he doesn't enjoy, but just gives him goosebumps and plus something that makes him want to spit out all the pop-corns that he ate.

He is about to get himself out of the auditorium when his shirt is grabbed from behind and Hyukjae falls with all his weight, his back hitting on something someone.

Kyuhyun.

"Get your dirty hands off- -"

Shhhhh.

Hyukjae flinches. He says sorry a multiple of times before glaring at the guy. "What do you want?" He manages to pull his clothes free from Kyuhyun.

"Where are you going? Away?"

This makes Hyukjae scowl.

"Why do you care?", he snaps back.

"Are you?" Hyukjae can't see Kyuhyun's face clearly. "Not even finishing the film?" He really has no hints on why Kyuhyun is asking him these things.

"Keep your nose out of my business", each word has been stressed out, "Leave me alone, you jerk face."

He swivels his body, about to step forward when Kyuhyun tells him, short and clear.

"Scared of horror like a girl."

Hyukjae believes it is all the suppressed anger of the past days and the added anger of that day that leads him to get really close to Kyuhyun to the point he feels Kyuhyun's breath on his skin, making the hair covering his forehead move at each breath of Kyuhyun. "I'll make sure you won't be able to use that fellow down there if you don't stop. I am not a ing girl."

A smirk. Hyukjae's so close that he can see it.

The air is filled with cries as the image of another victim pops up. The loudness produced is doubled in Hyukjae: he hears the other people of course, but he also is hearing himself screaming inside, no, why again?

He pushes the other guy's chest, disconnecting Kyuhyun from himself. He punches Kyuhyun's arm with all his strength after Kyuhyun's whisper,

"Close your eyes. . .I want another one."