Even though it's all over...

How Rin Met Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Can I borrow your comic? In exchange, I will tell my name."

That was how Saerin got to know Lim Jaebeom, at the grocery bookstore in the alley near the school. Jae wears a different school uniform to her, he also carries a guitar behind his back. When Saerin looked at him, she immediately knew that he was the boy from the male school across from the school who was always talking about by her friends at school. Handsome, not that tall, and always carries a guitar. Everyone just called him Jae, nobody knew his real name. But at that time Saerin was not interested in his name, she was attracted by the object behind it. 

"I have the whole series of this comic, I can lend it to you but teach me the things behind your back."

The memory brought a smile to her face which was reflected in the airplane window although she could not cover up her anxiety because of her fear on the plane.

This was the first time in a long time she had been on a plane. The last time was that time, she went with her mother to Jeju Island and that's where her mother killed herself. Since then, she never got on a plane again. But, this time, she felt like she could do it because the only one she thought about was her lover, the fear that it was all over.

Then... actually, what was she afraid of? For 7 years they were together and fighting was nothing new but this time it felt different. During these two years, they just finished it with the sentence 'just forget it' and no longer discussed it then the same problem repeated, and at that point, everything exploded.

"I'm tired, let's discuss it another time."

"You're always like this. You always want to be understood."

"I answered your call and even on the day, I had to rest! I allowed you to come here. Are you here just to fight? Do you know how tired I am with promotions for my new single this week?"

"Are you the only one who is always tired and has problems? Have you ever heard how sad and tired I am today because of my aunt? I am the one who always listens to you!"

"You know how I work and you know how hard I try. I always try to take my every time for you who nag at me to meet. But, you always start fights and start discussing things that don't really matter."

"I wouldn't have started if it weren't for you. Do you even know our problem?"

"Our problem is you who always demanded me to live up to your expectations of me."

"I just want to lean on you, as you lean on me, I feel like we're getting away and I even start to feel like I can't tell you anymore. Is it wrong?"

"You feel that way? Well, I'll never tell you anything again about my problem or how hard it was for me. So, you don't need to feel like you're the only one who can't tell me. We are fair, are you satisfied now?"

"You...jerk."

Saerin closed her eyes remembering the fight. She should have stayed there and calmed each other's emotions and then they would make up again. The Japanese sky was already dark when Saerin's plane landed on the runway. 

Her heart was beating fast because she couldn't wait to meet him to make up and be nervous at the same time. Even though they spoke on the telephone, Saerin's heart was not relieved.

"..I'm going to Japan in three days for a concert and shooting a commercial."

"Really? That's very long."

"Geez. It's only three days."

"Can we meet when you get home? I feel we should meet."

"...."

"Jaebeom?"

"...I'll let you know."

"I'll be waiting."

"Hm. I'll hang up.."

"Eh—"

"...?"

"Don't forget to take care of yourself and take the vitamins I gave.'

"Yes."

"Wait-"

"...?"

"I love you."

"...."

"I said I love you."

"Hm. Me too."

But, the words on the phone were like words as if they wanted to part. It made her nervous. So, that's why she suddenly decided to go to Japan with the money she should have used to pay for her semester. If she doesn't, she feels like she'll regret it and it's over.

Saerin only relies on her cellphone to find out how to get to the hotel where Jae was staying. Her fluent English doesn't really help her there.

From the schedule given by Kyungsoo, Jae should have been at the hotel. So, Saerin decided to go straight to the hotel from the airport. And now, she stood in front of the hotel in a daze, she could not possibly stay at the hotel because it was too expensive for her. Even though she was awkward, she still walked inside and looked in awe at the luxurious interior of the hotel that made her forgot to call Jae for a moment.

"..Excuse me, can I help you?" The hotel staff greeted her and it made Saerin quickly took out her cellphone. "I made an appointment with someone. So, I'll be waiting here."

"All right, you can waiting sit there, miss." The hotel staff pointed at the sofa that did seem to be provided to receive guests or just to sit waiting.

"Thank you."

Saerin tried to calling Jae as walked towards the place pointed by him. She looked around and noticed a group of girls outside the lobby carrying a signboard and a familiar face, it made her slow down her footsteps. A car came to a stop right in front of the lobby. Her heartbeat, she felt she knew who was going to get out of the car.

The cheers and screams made her even more nervous and the person she wanted so badly to get out of the car in the sunglasses and hat she gave him a year ago. Somehow it makes her feel a little relieved, she's just happy that Jae still likes wearing it.

"Ja-" Saerin closed her lips tightly after realizing that it's useless calling him. She will look the same as the girls gathered there. So, she was frozen there with the phone still on her ear.

Every time I see him like this, I always feel like we are very far away. He's like a star that many people deserve. Then, I'll feel jealous because I want him to just be mine. 

"Sorry, can you step aside?"

"Huh?"

Saerin came back to her senses when one of the bodyguards spread his arm to block her. 

But moments like this are the times I used to like the most because Jae would always find me and looked only at me as if all he saw was me.

Like now, Jae still found her. He almost stopped his footsteps in surprise. Kyungsoo who was walking beside him almost called out her name but realized he couldn't.

And Saerin didn't do anything about it. She just had to wait

"You are here?! This is crazy!"

Kyungsoo walks to Saerin after hanging up on Jae's phone who will soon follow to a room on the same floor where all the rooms on that floor are booked by Jae's agency.

Saerin rolled her eyes, "I just came to see my boyfriend. Why should you be so surprised?"

"I know you v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter