Celebrating loneliness

How Rin Met Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae's 2nd concert in Japan.

Saerin stood in front of the concert hall which was already filled with Jae fans. She's still carrying her suitcase, she hasn't looked for a hotel since last night, and just spent time outside as feeling uncertain as all of their memories together suddenly become so vivid, she missed him, she missed them, she tries to stop herself from running over to him, wishing that he will be with her again. The fear of imagining him no longer in her life and how she still wants to be loved. 

However, when she stood there and looked at the faces and thousands of people who adored him ... she felt discouraged. The thought that he didn't love her anymore filled her head. 

Saerin turned around and walked away from the hall. The suitcase that was being led accidentally bumped into someone and she immediately bowed apologetically in low energy while saying sorry in Korean without realizing it. 

The person stopped when he heard her apologize and looked at her back for a while then continued walking when someone called his name. "Loey!" 

And Saerin stopped walking when she realized she was speaking in Korean. She quickly turned around and saw that the tall guy had already walked away. "Sorry.." She said quietly in a low voiced, he knows that stranger couldn't hear it. 

A scream behind her calling Jae's name made her look back and in a few seconds, all the girls were running like hungry cats which made her stand in a daze, keeping herself from being blown away by their bumps, then amid the crowds of people the suitcase she was holding walked away drifting through. Frantically, Saerin tried to walk among the crowd of girls while trying to reach her suitcase which was getting further and further away until it stopped in the hands of the tall man she had bumped into earlier. 

Saerin stopped walking as many securities made their way in front of her. She was being pushed back and forth as looked at the object the girls were shouting at. 

Jae got out of the car and walked towards another door which made his fans run again after him. The surroundings were suddenly quiet, leaving two people standing looking at each other confusedly. 

Before Saerin took a step, the man who she heard his name was called Loey, pushed her suitcase to walk towards her until it arrived in her hands. "Eh.." She looked up at him and quickly to bow at him. "Thank you."

"Be careful."

Saerin stunned, looked up quickly at him but he turned back faster. He is Korean. She stared at his back for quite a while, it felt good when meeting someone from the same place. 

The music video of 'Confession' was playing on the TV screen on the wall of the lobby hall. Saerin turned at it and watched him. It was Jae's second song that made him booming. He composed the song and let her be the first to hear that, he confessed his feelings that day. 

Before her tears fell, she turned and walked away. This is annoying. Saerin walked even faster while wiping the tears that fell down her cheeks. This is annoying. Then, Jae's melodious voice stopped her steps slowly. It was his live voice that made her miss him even more. This is really annoying 

"You really came..." 

Jin held out his hand for a handshake. He looked happy Chanyeol came to Jae's concert. He was a friend and CEO of his label. They've known each other for more than five years. 

"You came all the way to Japan for this." Chanyeol sneered at him with a smirk. He looked around backstage with little interest. 

"Of course. This is a great opportunity for us!" Jin put his arm around Chanyeol's shoulders with a big smile. 

Chanyeol shrugged uncomfortably and glared at him. "I'll see it first." 

"Alright. Alright..." Jin squeezed Chanyeol's shoulders while raising his eyebrows, smiling coquettishly at him. Jin pushed him to walk away. "Ah, right." Jin stepped beside him. "What's the matter with you these past few months? You've been on leave too long and hard to contact." 

Chanyeol's gaze turned sad, he was silent for a moment. "Ah, it's Jae." Jin patted his chest and smiled brightly at the idol who was being loved by many people. He forgot the question. 

Chanyeol refreshed his face and looked at the familiar face in front of him. He had seen him many times everywhere. Jae immediately bowed at him and smiled politely, "Hello, I'm Jae. I heard a lot about you." 

"I'm Chanyeol. I see you everywhere and hear your name anywhere..." Chanyeol said, sounds a hint of sarcasm. But, Jae just smiled like it's nothing for him.

Jin gave him a sneaky glare then chuckled to lighten the mood. "He came here to see you, if you pass, he will give you a song." 

Jae nodded, pressed his lips, and shudders, "My song is always rejected by the company. I wonder why they want me to sing your song so badly." 

Chanyeol shrugged. "We can swap to listen to each other's songs." 

"That's not a bad idea." Jae agreed.

The concert starts soon. Jae looks more nervous than usual, he reads comics to calm himself down. Kyungsoo who saw him unusual walked to him and stood beside him. "You're up in 5 minutes and you're still reading." 

"I broke up," Jae said while still reading. 

Kyungsoo stares at him without responding. 

"I said I broke up." Jae tried to sound casual.

Kyungsoo let out of soft sighed. "I know." 

"Saerin already called you?" Jae closed his comic. "Well, there are no secrets between the three of us." He gives the comic to Kyungsoo.

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked.

Jae spreads his legs slightly, preparing to be launched onto the stage floor. "Of course. It's best for us." But Kyungsoo doesn't see it that way. He asked because he knew that his best friend was not okay. 

"Okay, we're up for another 10 seconds!" said one of the staff.

Jae was looking ahead and took a deep breath. 

"Okay! 5...4...3..--"

"Make sure she doesn't get lost here," Jae said that before finally sliding up, and cheers echoed through the building. 

He presents his new songs and covers songs of other artists. He was carried away by the atmosphere of his fans who also sang with him. When on a stage like this, everything is so sparkling, sometimes he feels strange. 

Chanyeol, who was watching from below the stage, yawned. He leaned against the guardrail and intended to leave. His ears could explode from the screams of the girls behind him, he glanced at them slightly annoyed. He looked at his watch and looked at the stage again. 

"The last song that I will be performing is one of my precious compositions. Many stories from this song and also bring blessings to me. This song--" Jae suddenly stopped, he fell silent. He didn't continue his sentence. The gleam of his eyes settled on the one person standing in the audience. "This song..." He swallowed. I told you, I will always be able to find you. Those were the words Jae always said to Saerin because they were true. "This song..." He cleared his throat. "...I've always loved singing this song." He looked at the notepad of the staff where he was required to tell the story of the song he composed. He hesitated, he looked at Saerin again who was still staring at him. 

Chanyeol noticed him. Jae wasn't just speechless. Something affected him from the audience. He glanced over at the audience, thinking it was someone he was looking at but of course he didn't know which one. He only knew someone, no, he didn't know her. He had only seen her in front of the hall. The girl with the suitcase. 

"Ah… this is boring.” Chanyeol turned around and walked away. Meanwhile, Saerin who was standing there also turned to leave the concert. 

"I made this song for someone," Jae said quickly. Saerin kept walking. And he was staring at her back. "That's all."

The sound of guitar strumming and a soft voice made Saerin stop walking. She couldn't stop herself from turning around. My heart raced along with our memories that rolled in my head. He sang live in a voice that shook everyone's heart, includes her. He always does with this song. He always sings this song with his heart, like a part of him. Damn. I can't hold back my tears. 

Even Chanyeol stopped walking when he heard him start singing. He could feel his soul. He even stood there with sparkling eyes. His heart fluttered and he hated to admit that Jae was really good. 

When Jae sings, he only looks at one person standing there. Someone who has been with him for a long time. The person he wanted to thank the most. Someone he would eventually have to let go of. So he sings as if that was the last time he sings for her.

As long as Jae sings, Saerin just keeps rolling her tears. She thought she would explode from the suffocation. The real longing and loss slapped her. She turned and walked ahead to the exit. This is the end for us, once I'm out that door, there's no chance to turn back. I'll just keep going. Take all my remaining feelings. 

After the concert ended. Chanyeol immediately went out without telling Jin. He walked away from Saitama Super Arena. He glanced a little at the banner with Jae's picture, a bit thoughtful.

Chanyeol reached for his ringing cell phone in his pocket. Without seeing the name-calling, he already knew that it was Jin. 

(You! Where are you?)

Chanyeol rolled his eyes with a small smile. " I walked towards the station."

(You're home?!) Jin asked in disbelief. (Jae invites us to have dinner together.) 

"Yes..." Chanyeol sighed. "You just go with him." 

Jin was frustrating. (Then, when are you coming back to Seoul? Many projects are pending, you know?)

"I know..." Chanyeol replied in casual. "I just...just give me some time." 

(Something happened right?) Jin started to sound calm. 

Chanyeol was silent for a moment, his throat was tight and her eyes blurring from tears. He cleared his throat and looked down, "Anyway, I'll be back in Seoul soon. Just take it easy and..." He pressed his lips and added, "I'll consider Jae." 

Jin's cheer made Chanyeol move the phone away from his ear. (Really? You're serious right?!) 

"Ah..." Chanyeol confirmed. 

(Then you just take your time. Relax! No need to decide in a hurry. Anyway, this project is the right opportunity and--)

"I'll hang up..." Chanyeol quickly ended it without listening to the end. He smirked at his phone then put it back in his pocket. His expression changed quickly, the deep sadness in his heart radiated from his pale face. Even if he continued walking like this, he just became like an empty shell. 

At Omiya station, Chanyeol went to the ticket machine. He bought a train ticket to Shinjuku and went to the queue line to wait for the train to come. He only had to wait for 10 minutes. 

The train came on time. He waits for the passenger on the train to get off. Tonight, quite a few people got on the train. He chose to stand rather than sit. Many people immediately find a seat, especially women and the elderly. 

Chanyeol noticed a girl who had just entered the train, he just looking at her without realizing that she was the girl that he saw at the concert, a girl with her suitcase. The girl was standing right in front of him, they stole glances at each other before she turned her back on him. 

Chanyeol could see the reflection of the girl's face in the train's glass window. She wasn't very tall, the top of her head was only halfway up his chest, he can cover her small body with his height. 

The train started moving forward. The girl held her back which was moving backward so as not to touch him. Chanyeol didn't really care about her in the end, After all, he easily forgets someone's face and name. He only notices a person by the way they walk or the way they dress, that was easier for him when he remembered someone. So, he was just lost in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter