Unrequited Feelings

Zimzalabim

 

Irene grunted, frowning although her eyes were still tightly closed. She tossed and turned, changing positions several times until she gave up trying to sleep again. She was awoken but her body still feel tired that she wanted more rest. Her hand unconsciously tried to touch her itchy stomach when she suddenly realized she couldn’t feel clothes covering her body. Her eyes were forced to open and she sat up almost immediately.

 

“What the hell?! Why am I ?” Irene stared at her exposed body. She removed the blanket and recognized how her lower area was uncovered as well.

 

“Wait.. How did this happen? Did I go to a club or something? Was I drunk?” Irene asked herself. She blew some air onto her palm and tried to sniff it. Her eyebrows furrowed deeper when she couldn’t find trails of alcohol from her breath.

 

“I did not drink alcohol last night so it wasn’t one night stand,” Irene said, feeling a little bit relieved. She had been single for some time but she wasn’t a needy type; a bedroom matter had never been a priority for Irene so when she knew it wasn’t one night stand, she was still worried but relieved nevertheless.

 

Irene rested her back, calming herself down first. She moved her legs and it was obvious. She definitely had slept with someone last night. But who was the person? She wrinkled her forehead, trying to recall the event. The image was hazy; too blurred to define who the person was. All she could picture in her mind was that the wasn’t forced. It was weird how she could imagine each and every movement with the stranger but the only thing she couldn’t picture was the person’s face.

 

“Who was that person?” Irene sighed, trying again but it was resulted a pain on her head, like her head was hammered with a big mallet and it was too painful to bear.

 

“Rose petals?” Irene gave up, thinking she must not force herself to think too hard. So she looked around her messy bedsheet which was not only covered by blanket, but also by petals of red roses.

 

“So it’s definitely not a stranger. But who?” Irene inhaled deeply, trying to close her eyes again to think and remember.

 

“Aghh.” The pain came again.

 

“Slowly, Joohyun-ah. Slowly.” Irene reminded herself. She gave the last attempt to reveal the secret person who had with her.

 

Irene finally recalled how she was treated gently by the person. She remembered how they kissed passionately before Irene led the person to the bed. Irene was sitting when the person helped her to her shirt. They did it willingly and Irene could still feel how her body was appreciated and they had passionately yet gently. However when Irene tried to concentrate further, again her head felt like it was collided to a wall.

 

“Weird.” Irene shook her head, finally giving up for real.

 

“I will try again later.” Irene said to herself.

 

She searched for her phone and found it dead. She plugged the phone to charge, letting it reboot on its own. She slowly got up and felt a weird sensation on her lower area. She blushed because it’s surely been a while since the last time she did it with anyone. Of course, she still clearly remembered that her ex was the last person she had with; well before the stranger did it with her last night.

 

“If it’s not one night stand, why did he leave?” Irene tapped her chin, wondering.

 

“Oh well. I just hope I wasn’t a disappointment last night.” Irene shrugged and went to the bathroom to take a long bath.

 

Meanwhile Seulgi was still on her bed, thinking. She took a glance at the table clock on the bedside and sighed; it’s almost noon and there’s no message coming from Irene. No matter how much she wanted to believe that Irene was still in love with her and they would be okay even after the intimate session, Seulgi just knew that her wish was impossible to be granted.

 

At this time, she really hoped that Yeri lied to her; that Irene’s feelings wouldn’t change despite they had done the intimate moments. Seulgi left Irene alone after they did it because yes she was a coward. She wasn’t proud to call herself a coward but it left a lingering regrets inside her heart. What would happen if she didn’t leave last night? Would Irene accept that Seulgi was the person who slept with her? If Seulgi lied to Irene, would it possible for Irene to finally love her?

 

“Nah, keep on dreaming, Seulgi!” Seulgi slapped her own cheek but not too hard to wake herself from the impossible wishes.

 

“Hyun-ah, why should I end up loving you when at the end you’d forget about me?” Seulgi sighed, staring at nothingness inside her locked bedroom.

 

“Does it mean that we break up already?” With that realization hitting her, her eyes became teary.

 

“Why does it feel this hurt?” Seulgi laughed sarcastically at her tragic love story and yet the tears flew down her face like a broken dam. She clenched her chest, feeling where it hurt the most.

 

“Can we repeat what we have experienced? If I try to court you this time, will you say yes to me?” Seulgi asked to no one.

 

“I love you, Joohyun-ah.” Seulgi confessed but Irene was not there to reply. And so, Seulgi spent the remaining of her weekend staying inside her bedroom, weeping after her love story which hadn’t have the happy ending.

---

 

Seulgi knew she didn’t have to pick Irene up when Monday came but maybe it was out of habit or maybe because she indeed missed Irene so much that she didn’t even realize that she had driven to Irene’s apartment instead of going straight to the office. It was too late because the moment Seulgi knew she made a mistake, her car had already parked in front of Irene’s apartment building.

 

“Come on, Seul. You have to accept that she no longer remembers you, moreover needs you. What are you doing here?!” Seulgi hit the wheel drive frustratingly.

 

“Fine. Let’s just search for a nearby restaurant to have a breakfast. Poor tummy for you will never taste her cooking again.” Seulgi rubbed her stomach as she smiled bitterly.

 

She then went to the bakery store not far from Irene’s apartment to have a glass of coffee with tuna croissant as her breakfast. She knew she had more time before she had to drive to the office so she ordered bagel and another coffee to take away. She thought that maybe Irene hadn’t had her breakfast. Yes, Irene might forget about her but Seulgi’s memories were all filled with Irene.

 

Seulgi arrived at the office sharply at 7.40 am which meant she wasn’t late. She had already felt lonely because usually, Irene would blabber about anything while she was driving her car carefully to work. Again, Seulgi could only sigh, pumping some encouragement into her mind and said today would be okay. Literally, today would be the first day Seulgi would meet a different Irene and it would also the first time they’ve become strangers.

 

Nervous was an understatement for Seulgi. Well, aside from feeling disappointed, sad, and hurt; nervous was the feeling she barely able to control the moment she opened her eyes that morning. Seulgi tapped her foot while waiting for the elevator to pick her up. She kept on telling the fate not to let her meeting Irene outside of her office room because she wasn’t prepared; not that she would be prepared should they meet whenever later though.

 

Seulgi had arrived on her company’s floor and her nervousness had become multiplied if it’s even possible. She looked around and found people she knew but not one of them was Irene. She exhaled, feeling relieved. She waved her hand and bowed when she found older people. She walked passed the receptionist table and made a turn toward her desk which was located inside Irene’s office room.

 

“Good morning, Mam.” Seulgi gulped, feeling her hands were sweating when she found Irene had already on her table.

 

“Morning. You just came.” Seulgi nodded, still standing in front of Irene.

 

“Is there anything you want to discuss with me, Seulgi?” Irene asked while Seulgi felt panic.

 

“Uhm.. I am sitting there actually.” Seulgi pointed at her table on the corner of the room.

 

“Oh is that your table?” Seulgi nodded again.

 

“I thought I would have a secretary or something.” Irene chuckled and Seulgi was dazed, seeing the real definition of beauty reflected from Irene’s smile.

 

“Hey!” Irene called and Seulgi shook her head, trying to focus.

 

“You can go back to work. It’s already 8 am.” Irene said. The hulking woman then put her purse below her desk; grabbing her laptop and turned it on.

 

“Why are you sitting there?” Irene tried to initiate the conversation.

 

“Uhm.. You told Wendy to make me sit here around 4 to 5 months ago, Mam.” Seulgi answered. Her heart beat loudly, afraid that Irene would ask something she couldn’t answer. Besides, the person sitting before her was the real Irene before being bewitched and if Seulgi remembered correctly, she’d be to the point, strict, assertive, and perfectionist.

 

“Really? Why would I do that?” Irene asked again.

 

“You told her that you wanted to ensure that I worked seriously so you felt the need to monitor me working. Thus, you ordered Joy to prepare me this table and since then I started working here.” Seulgi explained.

 

‘Did I do that? Why couldn’t I remember any of it? Since when do I start to care about someone’s work ethic? I don’t even care I have fired some of them in the past. I must ask Wendy later.’ Irene thought to herself. She decided not to dig further, didn’t want to be looked down by Seulgi since she could only vaguely remembered why, how, and when.

 

“So, did you finally pass the trial?” Irene suddenly remembered that she had given Seulgi a chance to prove herself.

 

“Yes, I did Mam. Actually, that’s also the main reason why I was moved here; so I could pass the trial and finally become a real employee who’d be useful for you.” Seulgi replied again.

 

‘So she really didn’t remember what we are, what we were.’ Seulgi said to herself.

 

‘She has returned to the old Irene before she was affected by the spell. I should have felt relieved, but why does my heart feel like it’s shattering to pieces?’ Seulgi silently sighed.

 

“Good then. It’s already time for you to be useful for this company anyway.” Irene remarked and Seulgi tried to brace every painful word came out from Irene’s mouth.

 

“So, have you got received the target for this year from me?” Irene’s questions contained only things related to work; Seulgi had predicted it before but why did it still feel hurt to actually hear it? The small woman wondered.

 

“Not yet, Mam.” Seulgi meekly replied.

 

“Please remind me again about it next week, Seulgi. You should have accepted it since I have submitted others’ target since last month. How can I forget to make one for you?” Irene told the latter.

 

“Of course, Mam.” With that, they started working on their own.

 

Today was surely different. If before, Seulgi would receive jokes or teases from Irene about what she wore, her make-up, and many random things; today Seulgi didn’t receive any of it. Irene was serious while working. She kept staring at her laptop’s screen and if she didn’t, she’d be busy with her mobile phone. She too sometimes went out from her office room to go to the toilet or simply to have meetings outside.

 

It was the biggest lie Seulgi had ever made if she said she was okay about the changes. Vice versa, she felt lonely and mostly longing for Irene’s existence in her life. She too couldn’t recall since when her life would be controlled by Irene’s very existence. It was already time for lunch but instead of asking Seulgi to have lunch with her, Irene didn’t bother to give her a brief glance before walking out from the office room to have lunch with someone God knew who.

 

“She didn’t even ask me to have lunch together with me.” Seulgi sighed.

 

“Of course she didn’t. You are no one to begin with.” Seulgi added. Her appetite was gone together with her crushed hope to spend some time with Irene during lunch. She at least thought that Irene would ask her for lunch together out of courtesy and Seulgi would shamelessly say yes but then again, yes, she was no one for Irene now; she was nothing but Irene’s meaningless subordinate.

 

“Afternoon, Seulgi.” Irene greeted her around 1.30 pm.

 

“Good afternoon, Mam.” Seulgi replied in return. It was obvious that Irene had lunch outside of the building. But with who? Seulgi was curious and felt jealous but she bit her tongue harder so she wouldn’t ask that question.

 

‘She is no longer your lover, Seulgi! Keep that in mind!’ Seulgi scolded her stupid heart.

 

“You didn’t go lunch outside?”

 

“I.. I am not hungry.” Seulgi smiled a little.

 

“Really? Can you concentrate with an empty stomach?” Irene asked again because she didn’t want her member unable to pay attention at work just because she skipped lunch.

 

“I will try.” Seulgi smiled but Irene’s frown was still lingering.

 

“Here, I had leftover during lunch before. You can eat it.” Irene handover the transparent plastic contained boxes of sushi pieces.

 

“Thank you.” Seulgi received the offer and took the leftover lunch given by Irene.

 

“So with whom do you have lunch with?” Seulgi blurted out accidentally. She quickly covered but it was too late, Irene heard it already.

 

“Mark. Why?” Irene raised one of her eyebrows.

 

“Oh nothing. I am sorry for prying. I thought you went with Wendy to discuss about my performance.” Seulgi hurriedly made a reason and lied.

 

“It’s okay. Oh, and you can eat it in the pantry. I don’t like people eating at their desks. It’d be dirty.” Irene said and Seulgi could only obediently nod her head.

 

“I will eat this first then.” Seulgi excused herself, smiling more sincerely this time.

 

Seulgi knew very well that she shouldn’t be happy just because of simple gesture from Irene but her heart betrayed her. Her logic said, Irene did it just because she didn’t want Seulgi to be useless at work for the rest of the day but her heart told her that she did it because deep inside Irene still cared about her.

 

Seulgi ate her sushi like a person who hadn’t had a proper meal for so long because she wanted to cry while feeding herself. It was the sushi from the restaurant they used to visit when Irene still remembered about her. The logo said it all but today, instead of going with Seulgi, Irene chose to spend her recess time with Mark. Seulgi’s tears went down and made her face wet as she tried to swallow the leftover lunch.

 

It’s not that Seulgi had never fallen in love before but she never thought love could be this painful. The love she experienced was far from the current love she has for Irene. Seulgi used to be the one to break things off but this time, she didn’t even have a proper closure; no one said that it had ended but Seulgi had to accept that Irene was no longer her lover. It was merely the first day she met the different Irene and she already wanted to give up. She missed Irene even she literally was in the same room with her the whole day. Seulgi breathed sharply, telling herself to be strong before she went back to her desk which was located inside Irene’s office room.

 

The rest of the day was spent with them barely exchanging words. Irene would instruct Seulgi to contact specific vendors and asked her to review the contract draft before submitting it to Irene for approval. Seulgi tried hard not to stare at the latter but it was hard for Seulgi. She couldn’t get attention from Irene, she knew but she still could stare, right? She had eyes to admire Irene’s beauty; those pair of eyes that used to give her warmth gazes; those lips that used to kiss her; that nose that used to wrinkle whenever she laughed at Seulgi’s lame jokes, and those eyebrows that used to move up and down whenever she teased Seulgi. But no, Seulgi couldn’t see the expressions made by Irene’s face body parts anymore.

 

“It’s already passed 5 pm. Let’s go home.” Seulgi stopped typing, saving her work before turning her head around.

 

“You ask me to go home together with you?” Seulgi was taken aback. Could it be possible that Irene-

 

“What? Of course not. I want to go home and have my office room locked. But how can I do that if you’re still working here?” Irene’s answer made Seulgi’s imagination crumbled again.

 

“A-ah. I am sorry. I thought..” Seulgi looked down, trying hard to find reason why she asked that way.

 

“Nevermind. Hurry and tidy up your things. If you still have outstanding reports, you can continue it at home instead.” Irene told Seulgi.

 

“Y-yes, of course.” Seulgi tried to compose herself and acted normally but it’s not an easy task. She felt like she wanted to cry already. She knew Irene was mean but after months being with ‘another’ Irene, the sudden transformation still surprised her.

 

Seulgi quickly put her laptop into sleep mode and put it back inside her purse. She too organized her charger cables and before putting inside her purse together with the laptop. She placed her mobile phone inside her pocked. Her mind was a jumble that she didn’t even care should she leave things here because she knew she would come back again tomorrow anyway.

 

“I am done, Mam.” Seulgi informed.

 

“Good. Let’s go.” Irene stood up and walked to the door. Seulgi understood the hints and walked out first.

 

“You don’t have to wait for me.” Irene said as she locked the door.

 

“Ah yes. Then, see you tomorrow.” Seulgi decided to walk away. She already had enough embarrassing moments in front of Irene today and she didn’t want to add another one to the lists.

 

‘Why would I feel this way? It’s to be expected and Yeri had informed be before anyway.’ Seulgi made a turn into the toilet. She wanted to cry and she couldn’t hold it back any longer.

 

‘I have to be strong. Seeing her alive and healthy should have been enough for you, Kang Seulgi! You cannot be that selfish and wanting to own her again because it’s obvious that she doesn’t have any feelings for you!’ Seulgi reminded herself for the umpteenth time today.

 

Seulgi wiped her wet face with the tissues and flushed the toilet, pretending she just finished doing business inside the toilet cubicle. She then got out from the toilet and directly brought herself to the parking area. She ignited her engine on and pulled down the hand break handle. She dialled Yeri’s number and put it on speaker. She needed someone to talk to right now; it was too overwhelming and Seulgi couldn’t bear it alone.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Yeri-ah, are you busy?” Seulgi asked as she searched for the parking ticket somewhere inside her car.

 

“Nope. I just got out from work. What is it, Seulgi Unnie? Do you want to come over?”

 

“Not really. I just want to let you know that what you have said is true.” Seulgi swallowed hard, just saying the simple words had already made her sad again.

 

“What is true?”

 

“My boss, Irene... Well, we did it last night and she is totally different today; like she didn’t remember anything occurred within the past months.” Seulgi now sought for the water; she needed it badly.

 

“Wait.. You did it? You mean you had with her last night?” Seulgi didn’t reply immediately, she gulped the drink and put the cap back before replying.

 

“Yes we had.. that.” Seulgi didn’t want to call it as because it meant so much more than just an activity conducted caused by lusts.

 

“So she had forgotten about what happened with you two? Oh God! Are you okay, Seulgi Unnie?” Yeri’s voice softened.

 

“I.. I tried to be okay, Yeri-ah but why is it so hard to do it?” Seulgi’s bit her bottom lip to prevent the tears from attacking her eyes.

 

“H-how different is she?”

 

“She is exactly as she was the first time I met her. She even asked me what I was doing working inside her office?” Seulgi bitterly chuckled.

 

“But I tried my best to be normal, no matter how hard it was. I was clumsy too that I asked her whom she was with during lunch.” Seulgi continued.

 

“How big is your love for her, Unnie? Do you think you can recover after everything that happened?”

 

“It is unmeasurable, Yeri-ah. I too don’t know how big my love is for her but if it’s small, why does it feel hurt when I saw her not paying attention to me? Why does my heart feel painful when she didn’t even spare me a glance before she went out with someone who’s not me?” Seulgi sniffed. She pulled sheets of tissues and wipe her eyes because she must also focus with driving.

 

“I am so sorry, Seulgi Unnie. It’s all my mistakes. If only I –“

 

“Save it, Yerimmie. Yes, you are wrong because you missed the target but it is my heart’s decision to fall in love with her. I didn’t it because I have to but I do love her because… because it just happened that way.” Seulgi used one hand to hold her face so her sobbing wouldn’t be heard by her friend.

 

“But Seulgi Unnie, I can always make her bewitched again. I also already know her name and I can put different condition this time.”

 

“No, don’t do that. If she’s indeed cannot return my feelings for her then so be it. Maybe we aren’t meant to be after all.” Seulgi tried to be strong when in fact, her heart was fragile; it was on the verge of broken into pieces by now.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Undoubtedly.”

 

“Why don’t you try to court her though?”

 

“What do you mean?” Seulgi frowned. How could she court Irene when the latter didn’t even want to stare at her longer than 5 seconds?

 

“I mean it’s obvious that she couldn’t remember the moments she spent with you but it doesn’t mean her memories couldn’t be rectified at all, Unnie. Besides, she cannot even deny that what she did with you is real.”

 

“What do you think I should do? I mean, is it possible to restore her memories?” Seulgi slowed down her car so she could concentrate with the conversation between her and Yeri.

 

“I cannot guarantee since I too never had experience with bewitching someone before but it’s harmless to try, right?”

 

“It is harmful. What if she didn’t react to me courting her or worse, she rejected the idea of me trying to court her?” Seulgi reasoned out.

 

“But what if you actually have your chance but you missed it just because you were too afraid to even try?” Yeri’s statement made Seulgi quiet.

 

“Why don’t you try courting her the same way as she did toward you? Who knows it can refresh her memories, no?” Yeri added.

 

“Besides, if you didn’t try it, I can always easily put her under spell again and-“

 

“Don’t you dare to do that!!” Seulgi raised her volume.

 

“I won’t if you try courting her in normal ways, Unnie.”

 

“But-“

 

“Bae Joohyun, right?” Seulgi cursed lowly when Yeri threatened her like this.

 

“Fine! I will try to do it. I hope it really works, Yeri. I don’t know if my heart can take another painful impact if it didn’t work.” Seulgi sighed loudly.

 

“It depends on your endless effort, the similarity of Irene’s courting methods which you will apply starting tomorrow, and the rest is up to fate I guess.” Yeri elaborated.

 

“I clearly remember what she did to court me in the past, Yeri-ah.” Seulgi confirmed.

 

“Good. Now I have to go, Seulgi Unnie. You can always come here if you feel lonely or sad.”

 

“Nah,I have to write down my plan to start courting her tomorrow Yeri-ah.”

 

“Okay then. Your lost because I have new collection of my oh not so saint movies.”

 

“Errr. No, thank you.”

 

“Well don’t forget to let me know about the outcome, okay Unnie?”

 

“I will. And Yeri-ah?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“My pleasures.”

 

With that Seulgi hung up the phone. She finally could breathe better now, feeling slightly relieved, knowing that there’s still a hope after all. She needed to direct her maximum attempts this time but she knew it would be worth it; Irene was worth her time and effort. Seulgi smiled and brushed the remnant of tears left on her face before pressing her gas pedal with more strength; couldn’t wait to go home and draft her plan for tomorrow.

---

 

Seulgi felt thankful for Yeri and her advice. Somehow, deep inside, she knew she just needed the boost to be pumped into her mind called as encouragement to try courting Irene again. Yes, the stake was high but she was willing to do it; she reasoned out it’s better than to have Yeri bewitched her again but then again, of course it’s a white lies because the truth was, she wasn’t willing to give up on Irene; not yet at least.

 

Seulgi arrived first today, before Irene. One thing she forgot though; the room was locked and she couldn’t get in. She waited in the lobby, on the large brown coach near the receptionist desk. She waited for around 10 minutes when from a far, the sound of Irene’s heels could be heard. A smile automatically rose on her face.

 

“Good morning, Mam.” Seulgi quickly stood up and bowed, halting Irene from her movement.

 

“Morning. Why are you so early?” Irene stared at the hanging clock on the wall and it showed that it’s merely 7.40 am.

 

“I cannot wait to see you, Mam.” Seulgi cheekily smiled. It would be her first attempt.

 

“Oh. Is there something you want to talk to me?” Irene raised her eyebrow, thinking that it must be urgent that Seulgi couldn’t even wait for the working hours to start.

 

“Nope.” Seulgi shook her head, still smiling.

 

“So? I don’t understand. Come. Let’s talk inside my office.” Irene signalled Seulgi to follow her and the smaller woman did.

 

“Alright. So what is the urgent matter that you need to see me this early?” Irene closed her door and went to her own desk.

 

“I have said it before, Mam.”

 

“Which was?” Irene cocked her head curiously.

 

“I want to see you and that’s that. If I come early and I am lucky, I’d be able to see you longer than anyone else.” Seulgi nervously smiled. In normal condition, there’s no way she would do this thing because it’s so embarrassing or so she thought.

 

“Are you possibly trying to flirt with me?” Irene furrowed.

 

“N-no, Mam. I am just saying that I love to see your face as often as possible.” Seulgi inhaled deeply, trying again.

 

“Right. Whatever. If it’s not important for me or for this company, you’d better save it for yourself. I don’t have time for your ridiculous jokes.” Irene stated seriously and diverted her focus onto her laptop.

 

“Y-yes, Mam. I am so sorry.” Seulgi knew it’s not time to try further or it’d be equal to her digging her own grave. She sighed and tried to concentrate with her own work as well. She just wished she would have enough bravery to try another attempt again later that afternoon.

---

 

“Why are you staring at me?” Irene finally asked when she had enough of Seulgi’s constant and longing gaze at her. Actually, she had felt it since that morning but she didn’t want to sound too confident so she let her be. But as hours passed, she still felt Seulgi’s eyes on her and she felt uncomfortable about it.

 

“There is something on your face, Mam.” Seulgi kept her eyes on Irene, trying in her power to stay still and didn’t run away from the office room

 

“Huh? Really? Where?? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!” Irene touched her cheek, from her left one to the right one but she couldn’t feel anything wrong with her face.

 

“Is it still there?” Irene asked again to reassure. She remembered correctly that she too didn’t eat her lunch messily so, what had attached on her face then?

 

“I don’t think you can remove it, Mam.” Seulgi wasn’t being informative.

 

“What do you mean? Is it glued or something? At least tell me where is the stain and where?” Irene grew annoyed.

 

“It’s all over your face and you cannot remove it because it’s called beauty.” Seulgi replied shyly. Irene had a deadpanned expression and Seulgi cursed inside for even this time, it looked like her effort would be futile.

 

“Could you stop that?! It’s really disgusting and for you info, I like men! Do I make myself clear? I am totally straight, unlike you.” Irene’s face became red but Seulgi knew it was because of she was barely able to contain her emotion.

 

“Disgusting?” Seulgi repeated just to ensure her ears didn’t mishear it.

 

“Yes, it is! Listen, Seulgi. I may be not married. Yet. But it doesn’t mean I am that helpless that I’d prefer woman than a man.” Irene approached Seulgi, standing as she was leaning on Seulgi’s desk and appointed her index finger right at Seulgi’s face; totally humiliating Seulgi although there’s no one was around to witness it.

 

“I am not sure what is wrong with you lately because the Seulgi I met for the first time isn’t like this but for whatever it is, please stop it and I said it in the nicest way possible. Got it?” Irene added. Seulgi looked down, unable to stare at Irene’s face.

 

“Y-yes.” Seulgi inhaled deeply before looking at Irene’s face again.

 

“Besides, I am way older than you. What’s wrong with young people lately? No wonder Korean’s population growth is pathetic.” Irene mumbled to herself as she walked out from her own office.

 

‘I am disgusting. I guess I am.’ Seulgi repeated to herself. She smiled bitterly, unable to hold back her tears anymore.

 

‘Calm down, Seulgi. It’s been only days. Let’s keep it going! Even the rock could be withered and scattered by weather at the end. It may take a long time but I am sure at the end, the result will be worth it.’ Seulgi encouraged herself while silently sniffing.

---

 

“Mam..” Seulgi called and it made Irene’s head turned toward her.

 

“Yes?” Irene replied, hands were still typing on her laptop.

 

“Do you not have a meeting today?” The question was out of nowhere. Seulgi missed hearing Irene’s voice and if it meant she had to ask random questions, so be it.

 

“I have actually but it’s not starting until 2 pm. Why? Do you want to come?”

 

“Can I?” Seulgi’s voice filled with hope.

 

“Honestly? No, you can’t. The meeting will be with the company managements. It’d be weird if I invite a staff to come as well.” Irene’s expression looked evil and Seulgi didn’t like it a bit.

 

“Oh alright.” Seulgi sighed. She went back to her screen and kept herself busy for about half an hour before…

 

“Mam.”

 

“What else, Seulgi?” Irene clicked her tongue, feeling annoyed already.

 

“What time do you usually wake up?”

 

“What’s with you and your weird question? What is the relation between when I wake up and the job you’re given?” Irene’s intonation went up by an octave.

 

“Around 5 am, right?” Seulgi ignored the complaint and kept asking.

 

“How do you know?” Irene’s eyes turned to Seulgi, finally.

 

‘Because you used to call me whenever you just woke up.’ Seulgi wondered and involuntarily smiled sadly.

 

“Just a wild guess.” Seulgi lied.

 

“Oh okay then. Go back to work, Seulgi.” Seulgi nodded her head, swivelled her chair until her body was facing her desk and her eyes were in front of her laptop screen.

 

“Mam.” Irene pretended she didn’t hear anything.

 

“Ms. Irene? Mam?” Seulgi tried again.

 

“M-“

 

“What now? Are your outstanding not that plenty which makes it possible for you to annoy me?!” Irene hissed.

 

“Do you know Mark that well?” Seulgi bluntly asked, again ignoring the bitter remarks thrown by Irene.

 

“Why do you ask? Don’t tell me you have interest in him.” Irene laughed sarcastically.

 

“Is he single?”

 

“It is none of your business. Besides, romance between subcontractor and customer is forbidden in our company.” Irene retorted.

 

“Really?” Seulgi sounded happier and it made Irene confused; didn’t Seulgi just indirectly tell her that she had interests in him?

 

“What? You don’t believe me? Read the company’s regulation, Seulgi.” Irene rolled her eyes, feeling more annoyed with her subordinate.

 

“Then it means you don’t have special relationship with him.” It was more like a statement so Irene chose not to respond it.

 

“I am single, Mam.” Here it was again, Irene sighed.

 

“So what, Seulgi? Do you think I truly care? You’re only like what, 23 years old. I am 30 and also single. I rather think of myself more than to care about your status right now.” Irene commented. She exhaled deeply, trying to put some more patience into her brain while facing the younger woman.

 

“I am single and so do you so why are we not dating?” Seulgi repeated the exact words Irene said to her couple of months ago.

 

“You better shut your mouth up or I swear you won’t find your desk by tomorrow morning.” Irene’s voice was full of uncontainable rage. No, Irene didn’t raise her voice and her tone was flat but it was enough to make Seulgi trembled in fear.

 

“Now if you don’t want to work then just go home already! I better have one person removed than two people working inefficiently!” Irene stood up, slamming her table and turned her heels around to the door.

 

“Omo she is so scary.” Seulgi rubbed her chest. Her heart was still beating loudly, feeling frightened with Irene’s sudden change of attitude. Seulgi then reminded herself to be more careful when she was around Irene.

---

 

“Good morning, Mam.” Seulgi greeted her boss as Irene walked passed her. The older woman stopped, turned her head to Seulgi and nodded her head. After that, she continued walking, followed by the poor younger woman.

 

“It’s not 8 am yet, Mam.” Seulgi said as she prepared her belongings for work.

 

“I know but it is never wrong to come early. You can relax a bit while checking your inbox, replying the email not in rushed mode and when it’s already time for work, you can start it with a smile knowing yesterday’s outstanding has been complied.” Irene explained as she was typing on her laptop.

 

“Have you had your breakfast?” Seulgi asked again. She deliberately woke extra early today because she wanted to prepare something for Irene like how Irene did for her couple of months ago.

 

“For me, the necessary item I have to eat or in this matter to drink is coffee. I can always descend to the mart if I am hungry later.” Irene casually answered.

 

“Actually, I woke up early this morning and I cooked the breakfast on my own. I have plenty with me. So, would you like to join me and eat this breakfast together?” Seulgi offered politely. She had learned her lesson that being bold with Irene wasn’t an option.

 

“No, you can eat it on your own. Besides, I eat a lot and you don’t want your cooking to be finished by me, right?” Irene smiled and it’s been days since the last time Seulgi saw her smiling at her. Instantly, Seulgi smiled along.

 

“I cook eels and roasted beef. Honestly, my mother taught me how to cook the beef properly. She had graduated from well-known university so I am confident with the result. Are you sure you don’t want it?” Being Irene’s lover for some time gave her some benefits, for instance she surely knew what Irene’s favourite food was.

 

“Oh and also clear soup as complement so your throat wouldn’t feel weird if you eat dry food only.” Seulgi added. She observed Irene’s expression; she looked like she was considering whether it’s okay to eat with Seulgi.

 

“I promise I didn’t add anything funny into the food so it’s safe. And if we start eating now, we would be done by 8 am sharply.” Seulgi persuaded Irene with all that she could.

 

‘Beef are my favourite and how does she know that I need soup in a meal? Damn, Irene. You are hungry but the person who offered it is untrusted. What should I do?’ Irene clenched and unclenched her fist on her lap.

 

“Uhm… so?” Seulgi asked again.

 

“No, I am not hungry but thank you for the offer.” Irene was determined not to get herself involved further with a woman called Seulgi.

 

“Oh okay then. May I excuse myself to have breakfast in the pantry?” Seulgi weakly asked, feeling discouraged thanks’ to the rejection made by the older woman.

 

“Sure. Remember to be back before 8 am.” Irene looked up a bit to reply before going back to her work, didn’t care whether Seulgi was still there or had gone to the pantry already.

 

Seulgi sluggishly grabbed her basket of food and brought it to the pantry. All of her effort was proven to be useless after all. She woke super early, even had prepared the food ingredients since yesterday but Irene didn’t even bother to taste it, moreover to eat together with her. It was to be expected, of course but still, the actual impact was more painful than when she only imagined it.

---

 

One day, Seulgi informed Irene that she would arrive late because she had to see a doctor beforehand. Seulgi got a fever or so what she had told Irene. The older woman had persuaded Seulgi not to go to work and just had a proper rest at home but the latter was stubborn and still went to work, reasoning out that she had meeting today and there’s no way she cancelled it out of sudden.

 

“Good afternoon, Mam.” Seulgi weakly smiled and entered the office room.

 

“Afternoon, Seulgi. Are you feeling better?” Irene turned to Seulgi, leaving her work for a moment.

 

“Yep! I have visited the doctor early morning and I went back to have a nap for two hours before going here.” Seulgi grinned.

 

“Well at least you don’t look sick.” Irene shrugged. Seulgi kept smiling, going to her own desk.

 

They looked separately for an hour. Irene at times glanced at Seulgi because she didn’t want to be blamed by HRD, saying that she forced Seulgi to go to work despite her being unhealthy. Seulgi drank the water more often than the usual day, Irene noticed.

 

“Where are you going, Seulgi?” Irene peeked behind her glasses attached on her nose and looked up to Seulgi.

 

“I want to refill my bottle in the pantry.” Seulgi notified. She stood in front of Irene’s desk.

 

“Are you sure your fever is better?” Irene put down the papers she was reading and stood up, walking to Seulgi.

 

“I guess so?” Seulgi answered unsure. She was stopped in her track along with the space and time around her when Irene tried to approach her. It was like the time slowed down until Irene finally stood up in front of her, facing her directly.

 

“Let me feel it for myself.” Irene announced. Her face went closer but it didn’t move further. She then moved her right hand, wanting to touch Seulgi’s forehead.

 

Maybe it was because of the slight fever that Seulgi unable to concentrate, that she wasn’t in her right mind or maybe it’s due to her unbearable yearning for Irene since it’s been so long for her since the last time she felt Irene’s lips on her, or perhaps because Irene looked more beautiful if it’s even possible. All the reasons above consoled into one which made Seulgi reacted differently that she couldn’t stop her face from leaning closer.

 

Irene merely wanted to check that Seulgi indeed was in a good shape but Seulgi thought elsewhere; no, Seulgi didn’t and couldn’t think straight. It was like she couldn’t control her own body; she couldn’t prevent her head from tilting, wanting to kiss Irene so bad. Her face inched closer and her eyes were shut, thinking she would have her lips landed on Irene’s when felt a force pushing her backward that she fell down onto the couch near the door of Irene’s office room.

 

“Are you out of your mind?!” Irene shrieked. Seulgi closed her eyes, feeling the energy converted into a heavy push on her shoulder that it made Seulgi dragged down by the gravity.

 

“I have clearly told you that I don’t like you! Why can’t you understand that?!” Irene continued, raising her voice.

 

“And you just.. you just tried to.. to do that!” Irene’s words were incomplete but Seulgi understood the meaning.

 

“You are disgusting, Seulgi!” Seulgi shut her eyes tightly, bracing the painful impact cause by Irene’s words.

 

“ARE YOU INSANE? Know your place! You are still here because I am kind enough to give you the second chance to work here!” Irene was beyond furious.

 

“I can always have you fired but why would I even give you the trial if I fired you at the end? You will be useless for me and this company! I wished I was there when Wendy interviewed you. Obviously I wouldn’t let her accept you to this company. You are nothing but a parasite for me.” Seulgi was too scared to even open her eyes. Her ears heard enough and if she could, she wanted to just run away from the narrow room.

 

“Nevermind. There is no use talking to you. I have told you many times to stay away from me and look what you just tried to do to me. I cannot stay in one room with you.” Irene’s face was full of disgust and Seulgi wished she never had to witness it.

 

“I will tell Wendy immediately to return your desk to its previous place or anywhere, for as long as you are not near me.” As if Irene’s words weren’t enough to shatter Seulgi’s heart, the older woman had to pour salt onto her open wound, making it felt more painful that it already was.

 

Irene rushed out from the office room, didn’t bother to look at Seulgi any longer, slamming the door when she closed it until it made an echoing sound, emphasizing how angry the older woman was because of her unthinkable action earlier.

 

‘What have you done, Seulgi?! You are so stupid!’ Seulgi blamed herself but it was too late; her action had caused a huge effect on Irene. She didn’t bother to try suppressing her tears and let it fall freely.

 

“Maybe it’s already time for me to accept my defeat and let you go.” Seulgi bitterly said to no one; more tears came out from her already swollen eyes.

---

 

“Are you on your period?” Wendy asked her friend who kept on playing with her food instead of eating it. She had finished her meals, heck she even had swallowed all the deserts served but Irene hadn’t even finished half of her food.

 

“I am not. Why?” Irene looked up, leaving the focus on her pasta and turned to her friend.

 

“Because I could hear you yelling loudly at Seulgi earlier. People even had started gossiping about it. They couldn’t hear the words properly but surely they could notice your loud voice shouting at that girl.” Wendy told Irene.

 

“Oh yeah I did that. Besides, it wouldn’t be the first time I yelled at my team members. What’s the difference this time?” Irene nonchalantly responded.

 

“Err, are you sick or something?” Wendy frowned, hearing the ignorant answer from her friend.

 

“You even asked me to move her desk back to its previous position which is outside your office room by the way.” Wendy added before she gave Irene a chance to respond.

 

“Yes, I did ask you to assign Joy to do that and effective immediately. So what?” Irene sounded indifferent as she replied to Wendy’s answer which made the blonde feel more surprised that she already had.

 

“Did your head hit something or what? You cannot possibly lose your memories, right? No, it wouldn’t happen since you told me how you loved Seulgi so much around 4 months ago.” Wendy was more like talking to herself. This time, Irene paid her full attention to Wendy since the statement caught her interest.

 

“Wait.. did you just say that I told you I loved Seulgi? Instead of me, ARE you sick?” Irene emphasized.

 

“Wha-No! Of course not! Stop pretending, Joohyun. It’s not funny anymore.” Wendy warned, Irene’s expressions didn’t change.

 

“Wait.. You are not joking?” Irene shook her head.

 

“You obviously told me that you loved Seulgi so much and she would be the last thing you would remember if one day you suddenly lost your memories.” Wendy repeated Irene’s words the last time Irene confessed how big her love was for Seulgi.

 

“Weirdly, you remember everything but her existence in your life.” Wendy remarked.

 

“Weren’t you lovers or something? But if you were, why would you kick her out from your office.” Wendy sighed. Assuming and thinking about Irene’s and Seulgi’s relationship made her head ache.

 

“Did she hurt you that you two broke up? Or is it possible that she cheated on you? But I thought she was head over heels for you.” Wendy concluded.

 

“What? No way! She is a woman, Wendy! Why would I want to be her lover in the first place?” Irene again used the same expression she utilized when she said how disgusting Seulgi was inside her office few hours ago.

 

“I have told you exactly the same thing! And you said to me love knows no genders.” Wendy rolled her eyes.

 

“I did?”

 

“Of course it’s you! Who else whom I talked to!” Wendy persistently said, feeling frustrated because it felt like she talked to a different Irene this time.

 

“But seriously, didn’t you feel like you lose something? Isn’t your heart hurt, Hyun?” Wendy asked, eyes filled with concern.

 

“My heart?” Irene clenched her chest.

 

“Yes, your heart. I mean even if you can’t remember, at least your heart can still feel, right?” Wendy advised. Irene took Wendy’s advice into consideration. She inhaled deeply, shutting her eyes while trying to feel if her heart could indicate anything; or if it felt troublesome that made Irene feel uncomfortable.

 

“I don’t think there is anything wrong with my heart.” Irene confirmed.

 

“Are you really sure? Because the last time-“

 

“That’s enough, Wendy. I am tired talking about Seulgi if it’s not related to her performance at work. Seeing her in daily basis alone makes me feel nauseated. Can we just talk about something else?” Irene pleaded. Wendy sighed, giving up.

 

“Fine. What do you want to talk about?”

 

“How about Seulgi’s target for the remaining months? I forgot to submit her target last month to your division. Can I still submit it someday within this week?”

 

“Should we really talk about work during dinner?” Wendy complained.

 

“Why not?” Irene giggled.

 

“I will ask Oppa to fetch me up early so I wouldn’t have to spend another hour with you talking about work.” Wendy huffed.

 

“Stop sulking already. I treat you dinner for tonight as compensation.”

 

“Oh okay, I will be willingly give you my precious one hour then.” Wendy put her phone back inside her purse and continued spending the night with her best friend.

---

 

Irene waited until Wendy’s husband came and picked her up before she went to her own car to drive home. She buckled her seat belt safely while her mind wandered back to their conversation during dinner earlier, mostly about Seulgi and her history with her. Irene still couldn’t believe about what Wendy said to her; that she used to be so in love with Seulgi that she’s even willing to work in separate companies just so they could still maintain their status as lovers.

 

If what Wendy told her was indeed true, then how come she couldn’t remember any of it? She didn’t have her head collided with a brick wall as Wendy assumed; she also never had Alzheimer the last time she had medical check-up in hospital; she never had any severe sickness that could erase her memories, so why? Why couldn’t she find what Wendy told her was the truth?

 

“Wendy was just trying to play with my mind because she pitied Seulgi. Yes, that’s must be it.” Irene said to herself as she turned the wheel drive to the left.

 

“She probably just didn’t want me to make a mess again and have another personnel fired.” Irene shrugged, didn’t care a bit about Seulgi or whoever that she had removed from her team and surely the company.

 

“Why would you hire an incompetent person? I really don’t understand the way HRD team work. So what if the turnover rating is high? At least the employees will be utilized and work as instructed.” Irene continued grumbling, still disliked the idea to have to meet Seulgi again when another day came.

 

“You can always open the findingjob.com to find lots of candidates who want to find a job. Why must accommodate and accept the incompetent person who will only receive fixed monthly salary?! Tsk,, ungrateful people shamelessly receive the pay check when they literally do nothing for the company.” Irene clicked her tongue, suddenly feeling extremely obnoxious with HRD kindness toward most of the employees.

 

“Good thing that it is not my own company or I will surely have half of the population fired by now.” Irene scoffed to no one.

 

The woman raised the volume of the music playing inside her car to reduce the stress she was feeling right now. First, it was that Seulgi who kept on irritating her with her weird attitudes and abnormal preferences toward women. Well, she wouldn’t mind that Seulgi was gay for as long as the woman she liked was not her.

 

“Ugh, what does she like about me anyway? It’s not that I’ve ever been kind to her or that I have ever kind to her even once. Anyone at work would be afraid or avoid me when they see me. Is she really that crazy? Or could it be that she tried to play with my feelings?” Irene who barely could have positive thinking toward people, could only think negatively of Seulgi’s attitude toward her.

 

“Who does she think she is?! You could never trick me, Kang Seulgi! Ugh I hate you so much I want to have you fired by tomorrow already!” Irene clenched her fist and gritted her teeth.

 

“At least tomorrow I won’t have to see her inside my office tomorrow.” Irene tried to make herself feeling better.

 

She continued driving until she parked her car in the basement of her apartment’s building. She didn’t forget to have the car locked until the beeping sound could be heard as a confirmation. She immediately walked toward the lobby and finally arrived in front of her apartment’s door.

 

“So tired.” Irene sighed. She briskly walked to have a hot shower to calm herself down.

 

Finished showering, Irene got changed. Feeling full and slightly sleepy, she was about to read a book she just bought in the bookstore yesterday when she suddenly remember that she had a draft contract to be reviewed which the deadline would be tomorrow.

 

“Damn! I almost forgot that it’s due tomorrow.” Irene hit her forehead.

 

Since she knew her eyes wouldn’t be cooperative should she work in the bed, she chose to just continue working inside her office room beside the main bedroom. She yawned widely, rubbing her eyes and brought her laptop to the office room.

 

“Right. I hope this won’t take long. I will at least pinpoint the subjects I need to rectify for now and I shall continue it tomorrow morning.” Irene opened her laptop and let it rebooted. As she was waiting, she opened the drawer, intending to collect the note book she had inside.

 

Irene finally got the book and placed it on the table. The laptop was already on but she hadn’t signed in yet. She opened the first few papers and found it already written when she remembered the last time it was still empty. Being curious, she started reading the random writing.

 

 

Wednesday, 8th January 2020

 

 

Today I pretended to be sick just so Seulgi would feel worried about me. Good thing Wendy told Seulgi to drive me home. I was so happy that she cared of my condition! I just hope she wouldn’t notice that I actually was acting when I told her I feel sick >.<

 

I tried to seduce her by asking her to check my temperature. Oh poor innocent Seulgi! I feel bad but at the same time I feel excited to have her close to me and oh her scent! It is so addicting that I want to continue sniffing her. She doesn’t smell flowery like me but it’s more like vanilla. Suits her best!

 

But it looked like she’s mad at me because I went too far. I did embarrassing things! Oh Lord, Irene what have you done?! Uhm yes I undressed myself deliberately, trying to seduce her although my attempt didn’t work :((

 

When her face was close to me, I pulled her face toward me and kissed her! It was too fast I know! And it’s very aggressive, unlike the usual me! But what can I do? Whenever she is close to me, I cannot hold back and the urge to kiss her is too strong that I couldn’t restrain myself. I just wish she wouldn’t be mad for too long because I couldn’t pass a day if she didn’t want to look at me. A glance would be enough. And by the way, it was our first kiss :*

 

 

“Wait. What the hell is this? Who dared to write on my note book?!” Irene went rage, thinking there’s no way she would write it because she was never a cheesy and exaggerating woman to begin with.

 

“But this looks similar to my own writing.” Irene grew panic when she recognized the shape of the writings.

 

“It must be a mistake. Yes, it must be. Calm down, Joohyun and let’s prove it by reading more.” Irene inhaled deeply, her fingers moved to flip another random page.

 

 

Friday, 14th February 2020

 

So today is Valentine’s day and Seulgi was too dense that she forgot to give me chocolates! Thus, I forced her to go with me to the Namsan Tower! Yes, tonight I have directed all my powers to make her obedient and have our names on the lock.

 

I told her to just buy the locks at Daiso because it’d be cheaper and she followed my instruction. Oh my Seulgi is submissive today and I love her even more now! And yes, we’re lovers now so I have a full right to call her as mine. Omo Hyun, you’re so possessive >.<

 

I love how Seulgi is so protective of me. She held my hand tightly when were inside the elevator going up to Namsan Tower because it’s crowded. She said, she didn’t want people try to do funny things to me since I’m too beautiful. My dear Seulgi-ah, you have nothing to be worried of because this heart is completely yours. Oh I am blushing while writing now! Too chessy, Joohyun. Very cheesy~

 

The weather is very kind this evening that we could see how beautiful the sun sets and the glow of the setting sun. She clasped my hand tightly as she was whispering inside my ear ‘the view may be beautiful but they can’t beat your beauty’. There she was again with random words that never failed to make my face hot and red. Seulgi-ah, if only you knew that I merely want to hear you reply those three words to me. I wonder when you could do it :((

 

We stayed longer until the sun completely set and the sky was getting darker. The illumination was beyond beautiful and I am so glad that I had the chance to see it together with the person I love, Seulgi. I was on the verge of giving up searching for adequate space to hang the locks when Seulgi helped me. She found the space and we hang out our locks together. The locks were obviously pink, my favourite colour!

 

‘May we stay together forever until deaths do us apart! May our love grow bigger and stronger as well!’

 

That’s the statement I wrote in our locks. Kinda long, right? Seulgi even said she could barely able to read it XD

 

I hinted Seulgi how I wanted us to stay strong despite whatever obstacles which may come and try to disrupt our relationship but she only smiled a little! Why couldn’t you make me happier by saying ‘yes, of course’ Kang Seulgi! Ugh even until now I still keep asking why must I feel in love with a babo like you? And as usual, I love you too much that my brain could even be used to think why and how.

 

Anyway, I love you so much, Kang Seulgi! Please bear with me and stay together for a long long time, okay!

 

 

“Okay this is totally insane. There’s no way I would write things about her?! We were lovers? Eww~ How could I be with a woman anyway?” Irene complained with her own self who she couldn’t remember.

 

Irene reread the same page, trying to re-enact the event. She had to admit it was after all her own writings. She closed her eyes as she was resting her head on the swivelling chair’s head rest. She could image herself indeed went to the Namsan Tower and yes she wasn’t alone. There’s another person who was with her, holding her hand. Irene tried to turn her head inside her own imagination and it was confirmed that the person was a woman instead of men. Her hair was brown in colour and she was slightly higher than her.

 

“What is this feeling?” Irene clenched her chest, feeling betrayed and warm at the same time. The feelings were indescribable and she disliked the fact that she couldn’t control her own heartbeat.

 

“One more page to confirm it. Yes, one last page.” Irene encouraged herself to open another random page. Her logic told her to just stop it and go to sleep but her curiosity was unbearable that she followed her intuition while shutting down her logic.

 

 

Saturday, 21st March 2020

 

 

 

I complained to Seulgi how boring it was to stay at home during weekend! The weather was sunny and the birds were chirping outside. How could we just stay at home?! Seulgi at first ignored me but when she saw me sulking and all, she told me to get change! So I did!

 

She stayed silent during our way inside her car. She drove calmly and oh she looked so cool! When she clenched her jaw, she looked extremely hot that I just want to touch her jaw and run my palm all over it. Enough! Focus, Hyun! Right so it turned out that she took me to Ilsan Park! What’s so interesting about a park anyway?

 

I didn’t know she prepared sandwiches, orange juices inside the 1 litre glass bottle, skewered mozzarella with ham and tomatoes, and bite – sized fruit when I got changed before. Wait, did it mean I spent so long to get change and apply some make-up? Oh God! It makes me feel guilty but well, all I did was for her; I wanted to look beautiful for her.

 

We spread the carpet together under the shady trees. We were surrounded by green grass and tall trees. The sky was bright and full with white clouds. There were also kids running around, people who walked their dogs, elders sitting on the vacant benches; the view was perfect and when I looked above, there’s Seulgi’s face looking down on me. Yes, I had my head resting on Seulgi’s lap and it’s the best experience I have ever felt.

 

We talked about everything to nothing and Seulgi always blushed whenever I tried to use my dirty words or when I tried to flirt with her. She ran her fingers through my strands of hair, it so gently that I almost slept if she didn’t remind me that we should eat the food first or the orange juice wouldn’t be that cold anymore.

 

I asked Seulgi to feed me and she did. I can feel how much she cares about me and I also can feel her overflowing feelings for me which makes me also wonder, why she still cannot say I love you too to me? Maybe she prepared it for the right moment. Yes, that’s must be it! Nevertheless, I love you Seulgi and I will keep on loving you for as long as you allow me to love you.

 

We spent the afternoon there, reading books and talking about nonsense. I never thought that one day I could truly fall in love with someone and that person is a woman. I am glad my heart chose you, Seulgi. I hope your heart stays with me too forever.

 

Irene’s lips were trembling; she couldn’t suppress her tears from flowing out anymore. The last page was a blow to her heart. It felt like it was about to explode by now and Irene couldn’t understand why. The more she tried to stop herself from crying, the more trickle of tears came down from her eyes. She sobbed harder and it made her hate herself; what the hell was wrong with her?! She was heartless, strict, assertive, and perfectionist so there’s no way she could become this weak for someone she barely knew and yet had her names all over her diary.

 

With still shaking fingers, she grabbed her phone and dialed her best friend’s number immediately. She couldn’t find the answer on her own so the last option would be asking the person who had become her muse in her diary.

 

“It’d better be an important thing because-“ Wendy’s voice was cracked, as a signal the woman was sleeping when her friend called.

 

“Give me Seulgi’s address.”

---

 

One more chapter to go and it would be completed ^^

So yes of course, Irene wouldn't remember Seulgi. But could she remember her within the next chapter? Stay tuned :)

Thanks for reading and comments are appreciated~