Love is Foolish

Zimzalabim

And so the revelation had been come out and the real reason behind Irene’s odd behavior had been stated clearly. It’s surely not Irene’s fault as she was the main victim between Seulgi’s belief in superstition and Yeri’s tardiness. It could even be said that the main culprit was Seulgi since she literally cheated on fate just so she could get what she wanted; it’s all because she was too selfish that she thought her requirements could all become true through her best friend, Yeri.

 

Since that night where Yeri finally told her what truth was, Seulgi kept on thinking about Irene; feeling sorry and regretted the things had to be done this way. What stressed her most was obviously the fact that she had to get intimate with Irene just so she could reverse the magic and made Irene normal again, like the very strict mean person Seulgi knew the first day she entered the company.

 

How about Steve? Seulgi had pushed the thought of that man in the back of her head since it was less important compared to what was currently happening between her and Irene. She had given up about Steve, thinking that if they were meant to be then there must be a way, an honest one that would bring them together and if not, then Seulgi had to accept that her soulmate wasn’t Steve after all.

 

Seulgi paced around inside her bedroom, contemplating what she should do about Irene. She had asked Yeri and the latter just said she needed to have with Irene. Of course her heart and mind rejected the idea but then again if she prolonged it, it would also mean she tortured Irene longer because she would force Irene to love her when in fact, Seulgi was beyond sure that Irene didn’t have any feelings for her.

 

Her only best friend was Yeri and there’s no way she would tell what happened to Sunny or worse, Wendy but knowing Yeri couldn’t help her anymore, it made her frustrated. She wanted to tell her mother or maybe siblings but what would they think of her later? She didn’t want to be judged, moreover accused as a gay person because she had targeted a woman for her lover. She too didn’t want to blame Yeri further because she knew her best friend didn’t mean to do what she did.

 

The guilt feelings were haunting her; it was like wherever she went and regardless what she was doing, her mind would bring her back to Irene. It made her uncomfortable, even affected her sleep that in her dream, Irene appeared and chased her. She pulled her hair out to vent up but of course it didn’t help. She’s the one who made the mistake so it’s normal if she would be the one to rectify it. With the determination in mind, she dialled Irene’s number.

 

“H-hello, Seulgi?” Irene sounded nervous and it made Seulgi felt guiltier if it’s even possible.

 

“Hyun. Are you home?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Yes, I am. I am too weak to go outside, remember?” Irene chuckled. Her voice was different, like someone who’s having a severe flu or someone who had just cried. Seulgi chose the first possibility as it wouldn’t make her feeling worse than what she was feeling right now.

 

“Uhm.. Have you had breakfast? I mean, it’s already 10 am and you live alone.” Seulgi chewed on her bottom lip, trying hard not to puke with her own words.

 

“I am not hungry but thank you for asking.” Irene replied. Seulgi paused, thinking what she should say next.

 

“Are you possibly not mad at me anymore, Seul?” Seulgi’s heart was affected with Irene’s question. She felt like the worst human alive now.

 

“I am not. I mean, it’s not okay to just kiss me out of nowhere but I forgive you since you’re sick right now.” Seulgi made a reason.

 

“So if I ask for your permission next time, you will allow me to kiss you?” Seulgi frowned because that sounded so wrong.

 

“Well, who knows right? You may try but there’s no guarantee I will say yes.” Seulgi breathed deeply. She knew she practically conducted suicide to herself but what option she had left anyway? None. Period.

 

“Do you mind if I come over? I can bring you food.” Seulgi added.

 

“Wh-what? I mean, you will do that for me?” Irene sounded disbelief. Seulgi sighed before replying.

 

“Of course. How does mushroom soup sound? And maybe with plain porridge too so you don’t have to munch on your food later.” Seulgi said.

 

“Wouldn’t I trouble you? I mean.. Uhmm I want too. I want to see you that it’s even okay if you don’t bring food for me.” Irene’s voice was shaking and Seulgi assumed it was because the latter was too shy although Seulgi couldn’t even see Irene when she’s saying that.

 

‘That’s weird. Now I have to deal with the shy Irene when usually she’d be very bold that it becomes unbearable.’ Seulgi made a note inside her mind.

 

“It’s okay. I don’t have any plan to go anywhere today so yeah. I will be there in an hour I guess?”

 

“I will be waiting for you and thank you, Seulgi-ah.” With that Irene hang up the phone.

 

Seulgi had made up her mind. She decided to proceed with her plan by trying to reciprocate Irene’s feelings so she wouldn’t feel too guilty when they had intimate moments in the future. Seulgi thought that if she at least tried to be kind to Irene, it wouldn’t be too awkward to ask for from her later. This time, she was determined not to ask for Yeri’s help. She would complete the problems on her own.

 

She didn’t waste any more seconds that she quickly had a bath and got ready. She wore usual clothes, with plain beige T-shirt matched with black jeans and sling bag. Her siblings were all out that it left only her mother and father at home. She said to them she would be home later at night, thinking that perhaps she would spend her day at Irene’s later.

---

 

*Ding Dong*

 

The door was opened and Irene was standing behind the door, wearing the exact clothes Seulgi saw she’s wearing yesterday. She didn’t look better, if anything she looked paler; her lips’ colour emphasized that and there were even cracks on Irene’s lips surface.

 

“You’re here. Come in.” Irene smiled weakly, pretending she was weak and exhausted when in fact, she had deliberately put more powder to her face and especially to her lips so she would look like a sick person. Fortunately too she hadn’t washed her clothes yesterday so she quickly got changed and voila, that’s the result.

 

“I am sorry I’m late. The traffic is bad and there’s long queue within the restaurant.” Seulgi encouraged herself and hugged Irene.

 

“Hey it’s fine.” Irene aggressively wrapped her arms around Seulgi’s body and didn’t want to let go.

 

Oh Seulgi, the poor Seulgi whom in the beginning thought she was a bad person for making Irene fell in love with her unwillingly was tricked all along by Irene; of course Irene had feelings for her still due to being bewitched by Yeri but the Irene who looked sick and weak was far from the truth. Seulgi wanted to repent her sins, oh but surely it wouldn’t be easy.

 

“Uhm.. How can you eat if you don’t let go of me?” Seulgi tried to be polite.

 

“Right. Sorry.” Irene giggled then she realized she shouldn’t look too happy and so put on a sad face again.

 

“I don’t have appetite to eat, Seulgi-ah. I just want to sleep and cuddle with you if possible.” Irene went to the nearby couch and sat on it.

 

 

“But you have to eat or you won’t be able to recover right away.” Seulgi cooed. Irene shook her head. Seulgi sighed because she knew what she had to do next.

 

“I will feed you, okay?” Seulgi offered.

 

“OKAY!” Irene said too excitedly until she’s finally understood what she just did.

 

“I mean, if it’s not troubling you.” Irene smiled weakly.

 

‘She is weird. It’s like her personalities would be switched from being weak to being happy and finally to being ert. I am scared of her!’ Seulgi spoked inside her mind. She shook her head mentally, telling herself to keep going forward.

 

“Say aah.” Seulgi opened the lid and blew on the smoking soup first before bringing it to Irene’s mouth.

 

“Aaahhmm.” Irene was obedient and let Seulgi feed her happily.

 

“Have you not taken a bath?” Seulgi started the conversation.

 

“Why? Do I smell weird?” Irene sniffed her own body, afraid Seulgi would smell something horrible coming from her body.

 

“No. It’s the opposite. You smell too good for someone who hasn’t taken a bath since yesterday.” Seulgi stated. She then scooped the porridge and again fed Irene.

 

“Uhm yeah you said you wanted to come and since I haven’t bathed, I poured my body with sprays of perfume.” Irene again lied. She had woken up at 7 am and immediately took a long bath that she just came out from the bathroom around an hour after. Seulgi’s arrival was sudden so she had bathed, she smelled good, and that’s that.

 

“Oh okay.” Seulgi nodded her head. The minutes later were spent awkwardly. Irene’s mouth was itchy, wanting to say something but she was afraid the words came out would again make Seulgi panic so she chose to stay silent, hoping Seulgi would take the initiative to chat with her.

 

“Have you called doctor?” Irene shook her head.

 

“Do you want me to –“

 

“NO!” Irene shouted.

 

“I mean, you don’t need to. I will be fine by tomorrow.” Irene smiled. Seulgi nodded her head, heart was still beating loudly thanks’ to Irene’s sudden loud remark.

 

“Uhm, you don’t need to go anywhere today? Like to have a date perhaps?” Irene asked nervously, afraid about the outcome later should Seulgi turned out having a girlfriend already.

 

“I am not seeing anyone.” Seulgi smiled and Irene thought it’s a hint for her, that Seulgi was available for her to conquer.

 

“Does it mean you want to date me?” Oh yes it came out wrong. Irene opened her eyes widely upon her own words. Seulgi was shocked, again, when her heart beat hadn’t even recovered.

 

“I mean I am single and so do you so why are we not dating?” The clarification clearly didn’t make Seulgi more relieved. Would Irene always be this straightforward when she’s in love? But didn’t she tell her that she broke up with her ex because she’s not ready for marriage? Seulgi wondered to herself.

 

“Is the reason why people dating always that simple? Like if Wendy is single and I am available, we should date?” Seulgi tilted her head, eyebrows forming a deep angle.

 

“Wendy is married!” Irene explained.

 

“Okay like if Joy is-“

 

“Joy has a boyfriend!”

 

“Fine. Let’s say Jonghyun is-“

 

“Jonghyun is hairy!” Seulgi blinked once, twice, but still comprehend the meaning of Irene’s elucidation.

 

“I mean you’d be uncomfortable to have a hairy person, no? Like he would take more time to get dressed because he has to comb each hairy part of him like his thighs, his hands, and-“

 

“Right. It doesn’t make sense, I am sorry.” Irene’s face became reddened. She didn’t even dare to look at Seulgi’s eyes.

 

“Are you perhaps jealous?” Seulgi scooted closer, putting the bowl of soup with its content and put her arm on Irene’s shoulder.

 

“I am not. I just don’t think you and Jonghyun are a good match.” Irene stubbornly denied.

 

“But you think we are a good match?” Irene shyly nodded her head.

 

“I don’t have any idea where the theory is coming from.” Seulgi scratched her head.

 

“From me who is helplessly falling head over heels for you.” Irene looked elsewhere while blurting her confession.

 

“Why do you like me, Hyun-ah?” Seulgi asked seriously. She wanted to know what the answer would be since Irene was bewitched.

 

“I am not sure. One day I yelled at you for being underperform at work but when I woke up the day after, it’s like you’re the only one I can think of. It’s weird, right? But these feelings are overflowing and I am unable to hold it back anymore. Like I have to let you know that I am in love with you.” Seulgi stared at Irene, feeling like a terrible person for doing this to her innocent boss.

 

“It is very hard to see you and not wanting to kiss you. Even if you’re not here physically, my mind will still wander to you; like thinking what you are doing, imagining you are here with me even if you are not, and such. That’s why I can’t help but staring at you when you’re working. I am sorry.” Irene finally told her the truth. Seulgi inhaled deeply before moving forward and hugging Irene.

 

“I am sorry you have to feel that way. What can I do to make you feel better?” Seulgi whispered.

 

“Don’t cast me away. Stay with me for as long as you can. It’s okay if you don’t love me, but please don’t remove my existence from your life. I’d be happy even if I could see you only at work.” Seulgi wanted to cry hearing those painful words. It’s like the most sincere and heartfelt confession she ever heard, and the confession was for her.

 

“I promise I won’t ever eliminate you from my life.” Seulgi ran her hand through Irene’s hair, hiding her head in Irene’s neck.

 

“Thank you.” Irene released her body from Seulgi’s grip.

 

“That is more than enough for me.” Irene teared up.

 

“I am sorry. It’s just I am so happy to hear it from you.” Irene chuckled, wiping her tear with her thumb.

 

“It’s the least thing I can do for you.” Seulgi smiled, patting Irene’s head.

 

Seulgi forced Irene to eat some more, threating she would go home if the latter was still stubborn. Irene protested but at the same time she didn’t want to be left by Seulgi yet and so she tried to eat more, for as long as the food was still there and Seulgi who would feed her.

 

“Do you want to have a rest now?” Seulgi offered when she saw Irene yawning.

 

“No, I still want to utilize my eyes to keep on staring at you.” Irene mumbled carelessly.

 

“Stop saying cheesy things. Ugh, where is Irene whom I know at work?” Seulgi’s cheeks were warmed.

 

“She would only appear during working hours so for now you’re stuck with this lovely cute spoiled Irene.” Irene stuck her tongue out.

 

“Do you want to watch movie together?” Seulgi proposed for another option.

 

“YES!” Again, the woman too excitedly answered.

 

“Now I am suspicious whether you are really sick or not.” Seulgi frowned. Irene cleared and pretended to have a runny nose. She pulled sheets of tissues and blew her nose on it.

 

They then spent the afternoon watching movies until Seulgi felt a weight on her left shoulder. She pressed pause button to stop the movie from playing and looked to her left. It was Irene’s head rested on her shoulder, sleeping. Seulgi silently chuckled, knowing that Irene was sleepy from before but still persisted that she’s sober. Slowly but surely, Seulgi carried Irene to the bed and pulled the blanket to cover Irene’s body.

 

Seulgi was about to stand up when a hand held her back. She moved her head and saw Irene was grasping her arm, restraining her from moving freely.

 

“What is it?” Seulgi sat down again on the bed.

 

“Accompany me to sleep.” Irene scooted away, giving spaces for Seulgi.

 

“I will just be outside.”

 

“But I want you to be by my side.” Irene whined.

 

“Alright alright.” Seulgi carefully laid her body beside Irene and almost immediately slung her arms until it was placed on Seulgi’s stomach. She too lifted her body a bit and located her head right on Seulgi’s shoulder so she could side hug Seulgi, ensuring the woman couldn’t escape.

 

“I will see you in my dream, Tae.” Irene smiled cheekily and went back to closing her eyes.

 

“You should go to sleep too.” Irene added.

 

“Can you release me a bit? I want to send messages to my friend.” Seulgi asked. Irene didn’t move an inch.

 

“Nope. You must not focus on anyone else when you are with me.” Irene said. Seulgi sighed. Giving up, she tried to have a power nap too together with Irene.

 

She wasn’t sleepy so she used this chance to think instead, thinking what her next plan should be. She knew she would be in deep trouble if she kept up with this act; pretending she was willing to return Irene’s feelings for her just so she could get her hands into Irene’s .

 

She was disgusted with her own self. What she about to do and was doing right now was far from being praiseworthy. She had reconsidered to just go here and have with Irene so the story would end faster and she could spare Irene from being hurt even more. But she wasn’t animal that could have with her/his partner anywhere and anytime, and would just leave after her lust was fulfilled. No, she was a human and she would act like a human would do.

 

The least thing she could do before asking for from Irene was being kind to the latter; Seulgi would pretend she too eventually have feelings for Irene so their intimate sessions later wouldn’t feel too burdensome for Seulgi or so she thought. But then again, would her pretension cause no problem for her? Or would it backfire right at her? Irene might lose her memories once she was awoken from the spell but her consciousness would remain intact, that’s for sure.

---

 

Seulgi spent her Saturday at Irene’s apartment, being lazy while trying hard not to be too hard on her when she wanted to say no to the latter. She knew she was as straight as a pole but at the same time she had to understand from Irene’s point of view; a woman who was oblivious that she had been bewitched that her preference had been forced to switch to liking a woman.

 

Seulgi kept telling herself that she had to learn to accept Irene and her exaggerating feelings for her not matter how hard it was for her. One, she had to let go of her crush since she had to take responsibilities for Yeri wrong target and secondly she had to eventually accept Irene feelings just so she could slap Irene back to reality and finally leave her alone with the risk, at that time maybe Steve would already too far for her reach.

 

Irene asked if Seulgi could stay the night and Seulgi said no. One day was already more than enough for Seulgi to accommodate Irene’s cheesiness and her surprising words like how she worshipped Seulgi and how she fell in love in each of Seulgi’s trait, be it bad ones or good ones. As soon as Seulgi reached home, she spent hours to feel sorry for herself but mostly for Irene.

 

Days went by and the Seulgi who used to run away or unconsciously snap at Irene for her random speech about how worthy and lovable Seulgi was had gradually changed. Seulgi would only cringe hearing the words and smiled in return. At times, her nape hairs were still standing up when Irene initiated skinship but she at least wouldn’t withdraw herself and let Irene cling to her.

 

It was merely out of guilt as Seulgi assumed. There’s no way Seulgi would reciprocate Irene’s feelings for her; romance between the same genders never once crossed her mind and that’s why she would only treat Irene as her best friend who accidentally have more than platonic feelings toward her. But, for how long again could Seulgi hold up? Could she keep on maintaining her platonic feelings for Irene? Or would it blossom into something more? No, Seulgi never had a wild guess like that.

 

“Can you stop staring at me? It’s hard to focus if your eyes are boring on me.” Seulgi asked with her eyes stayed at her laptop’s screen.

 

“Is it wrong to be amazed by the most magnificent creature forged by God?” Irene smiled widely and Seulgi could notice it even if she didn’t stare at Irene’s face, literally.

 

“Could you stop saying that things?” Seulgi wrinkled her face.

 

“Is it also wrong to be honest and say it out loud?” Irene wagged her eyebrows playfully. Seulgi sighed and didn’t retort, knowing it’d be useless since the woman would always have back up words to say to her anyway.

 

“Seulgi-ah.” Irene called her.

 

“Hmm?” Seulgi stopped what she’s doing and looked up.

 

“If you don’t like me staring at you, why don’t you stare at me instead? I swear I won’t complain.” Irene cheekily smiled that it made her eyes shaped into crescents. It made Seulgi automatically smiled at her too.

 

“Can we just focus on working? Besides, why would I stare at you when my future relies on my laptop’s screen over here?” Seulgi remarked.

 

“Wrong.” Irene made an X exclamation with both of her hands.

 

“Your future is me so you better stare at me than at your laptop.” Irene added. Seulgi again sighed, massaging her forehead.

 

“Come on, Seul.”

 

“What?”

 

“Stare at me. Maybe you’d feel what I feel when I am staring at you.” Irene persuaded.

 

“Fine fine.” Seulgi gave up. She unclenched the mouse from her right hand and propped her chin using both of her palms, staring at Irene.

 

Seulgi’s eyes were now focusing at Irene’s face; scanning the older woman’s face in detail. She noticed how Irene preferred to wear bold red lipstick on her lips to emphasize the already full and well-shaped lips. Seulgi was also aware of Irene’s brown eyebrows; the woman already had a thick eyebrows but she added few lines to strengthen her look. Seulgi was now looking at the pointy nose with small nostrils, how perfect it was and last but not least the cheekbones which would be lifted up whenever she smiled.

 

“So, what do you think about me?” Irene smirked, waiting.

 

Seulgi gulped, startled by the sudden question. How many seconds again did she have spent just to observe Irene’s face? And what should she answer right now? It was hard not to admit that Irene was actually very attractive, beautiful, and overall her face was close to perfect. Seulgi regretted her action to proceed with Irene’s instruction because now she had become fully aware how gorgeous Irene was.

 

“Perfection.” Seulgi unconsciously blurted. She quickly shut with her palm but it was already too late; Irene heard it already.

 

“Uhm I mean-“

 

“Thank you, Seulgi! You are perfect too!!” Irene squealed and Seulgi could only blush; feeling embarrassed.

 

No matter how Irene was very fond in teasing Seulgi, she knew her limitation. She wouldn’t disturb Seulgi when the latter was serious and she would even help Seulgi answering questions related to her work. She too tried hard not to embarrass Seulgi in front of her colleagues but treating the woman professionally. She would scold Seulgi too in some occasions when Seulgi wasn’t paid attention enough that again she made mistakes at work.

 

*Knock knock*

 

“Come in.” Irene answered.

 

“Hey, Irene. Care to join me to lunch today? It’s been a while since the last time we had lunch together.” Wendy asked.

 

“Uhmm..” Irene’s eyes trailed to Seulgi and the latter nodded her head slowly.

 

“Of course, Wendy. I will meet you in the lobby half an hour from now okay?”

 

“Nice. See ya then.” Wendy went out, didn’t forget to close the door behind her.

 

“Do you want to come with us, Seul?” Irene stood up, locking the door, lowering down the curtain.

 

“Nah you can go with her. I will ask Joy or others to have lunch with me.” Seulgi confirmed.

 

“Won’t you feel lonely without me?” Irene approached Seulgi.

 

“Why would I?” Seulgi asked too innocently.

 

“Because you are not going to see my face during lunch.” Irene said. She came closer until she was standing exactly in front of the still sitting Seulgi.

 

“Uhm okay. But I still can see you after lunch anyway.” Seulgi stated the obvious but Irene thought differently.

 

“Thank you. How considerate of you.” Irene became bolder and sat on Seulgi’s lap.

 

“What are you doing? We are at work!” Seulgi pushed Irene’s waist but not too hardly.

 

“That’s why I have locked my door and closed my curtains so no one can see us.” Irene smiled, wrapping both hands around Seulgi’s neck.

 

“Why can’t you just sit on your own seat?” Seulgi sighed but didn’t do anything further to make the latter get up from her lap.

 

“Because I want to see your face more closely. You will still drive me home later right?” Seulgi nodded.

 

“Thank you, Seul.” Irene leaned in and kissed Seulgi’s cheek.

 

“Don’t eat with Jonghyun okay!” Irene warned.

 

“What’s with you and Jonghyun Oppa? Why can’t I eat with him?” Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“Because I am jealous and I don’t like seeing him around you.” Seulgi could feel Irene’s breath since their faces were too close for Seulgi’s comfort.

 

“Alright I won’t eat with him.” Seulgi promised and it seemed Irene was satisfied with the answer that she finally got up from Seulgi’s lap.

 

“Good! See you in an hour or two, babe.” Irene leaned down and kissed Seulgi’s forehead this time before going out from her office room, leaving Seulgi.

 

“She has become scarier lately.” Seulgi muttered under her breath.

 

“And what the hell is wrong with you?! Stop beating so loudly!!” Seulgi yelled lowly at her heart which was signalling that it’d beat differently whenever she’s too closed with Irene. At that time, Seulgi hadn’t still known how Irene slowly but sure had melted Seulgi’s impenetrable defence.

---

 

Meanwhile, Irene was having lunch with Wendy and since they both were raised and born in U.S, they chose to eat American foods. Wendy was driving while Irene was playing the D.J role that she kept on talking about work, their hobbies, and such; anything for as long as it didn’t relate to Seulgi and her love life which by the way roaming around Seulgi too.

 

“Now spill. What is with you and Seulgi that I don’t know of?” Wendy started while Irene was busy stabbing the green leaves using her fork.

 

“Well honestly there are many things about me and Seulgi that you don’t know of.” Irene best friend. She brought the salad to and munched it.

 

“Do you have something going on with her? And wow, since when my best friend has become gay?” Wendy literally squeaked hearing the unexpected answer.

 

“No, not yet for now. I’d be thrilled if we can be something more than friends though.” Irene sipped her drink.

 

“What do you see in her anyway? The last time I checked, she’s not too bright that she often made you lose your composure and patience.” Irene nodded at the statements.

 

“So why? What’s so special in her that can melt down your stone cold heart?” Irene frowned.

 

“I am not cold-hearted person!”

 

“Said by a person who cancelled the engagement after years of relationship.” Wendy mocked. She sliced her salmon steak and brought it to .

 

“But seriously, what do you like in her?” Wendy asked again.

 

“Love you mean?” Wendy raised one of her eyebrows, couldn’t believe what Irene just said.

 

“I wish I knew, Wendy. One day I scolded her so much that I wanted to just fire her but later at that night, Seulgi’s face started to appear in my dream. I thought it’s just because I felt guilty at her but the feelings went further.” Irene paused. She poured more mayonnaise to her salad and mixed it.

 

“It made me want to see her face all the time, like the only person I long for is Seulgi and there’s no one else can make me feel this way but her. I know she is like an average person in one glance but still, I cannot take my eyes off of her.” Irene continued.

 

“Not seeing her makes me restless. All I want is to be beside her and I will be contented. Weird, right?”

 

“Yeah like even cannot find the reason through your statements just now. It’s like one day you randomly fall in love with her without any reason.” Irene nodded.

 

“Do you think you are bewitched by her or something?” Wendy whispered.

 

“What?! Yah, what years are we living now? And you still believe in superstition? There’s no such thing as paranormal, fortune teller, or such. Besides if she has indeed bewitched me, why is so hard to get? She still has no feelings for me although I have been very aggressive toward her.” Irene chuckled.

 

“But what else could make you feel this so in love with her?” Wendy sliced her side salad contained of carrots and beans into smaller pieces.

 

“Must love have any reason? Isn’t love is an indescribable feelings you have for another? Like it may come out of nowhere; you don’t know where it comes from because all you can is feel; feeling that the love for that someone is in you and that you want nothing but to let that person know in hope she or he can return your feelings.”

 

“Oh come on! Since when you have become this poetic?” Wendy rolled her eyes.

 

“Since I am finally in love and that person is Seulgi.” Irene smiled like a teenager in love.

 

“Didn’t you love him before you called things off?”

 

“I think I did at some points but it’s not as strong as what I am feeling for Seulgi now. Is it even possible to feel this way, Wendy-ah? I totally acknowledge that she is a woman and so am I but these feelings are unstoppable. If anything, my feelings for her keep on growing. As crazy as it may sound, I think if it’s not her then I don’t want to be married.” Irene’s eyes were dreamy and Wendy’s face was blank; still found it hard to believe.

 

“I don’t mind you’re in love in woman or a man but Seulgi is someone whom you just know for the past month, Irene. It’s unreasonable when out of nowhere you suddenly declare how you love her that much. You don’t even know her for that long! Do you know her birthday date? Her hobbies? Where she lives? Her weird habits? How many exes she has?” Wendy looked at Irene seriously.

 

“That’s why I said it’s so weird because it’s been only a month. She was born on February 10th, she loves playing games on her mobile phone and scribbling on her drawing book, she lives exactly 7,23 km from my apartment, her weird habits would be laughing whenever hearing fart or poop jokes. She loves banana milkshake and she has 3 exes so far.” Irene took a small notebook inside her purse and read the content out loud.

 

“You wrote it all down?”

 

“Yes. I even update my dairy daily about things I did with her. I am afraid that one day I will be involved in accident or anything that could make me forgets things. I don’t mind forgetting about everything but the last thing I want to remember is anything related to her. So in case one day I forget about everything, I would at least remember that a woman named Kang Seulgi had existed in my life and if fate is kind, we shall meet again.” Irene nodded her head and told Wendy the truth.

 

“Whoaa.. You are even prepared for those things too. You have fallen too hard on her, Tiff. Please be careful with your heart.” Wendy advised.

 

“I know, Jess. I just hope one day she can return my feelings you know?” Irene smiled, mind wandering elsewhere.

 

“But what if she can’t?” Wendy carefully asked.

 

“I honestly haven’t prepared if that things happened. But you know, I think she will be in love with me very soon.” Irene confidently exclaimed.

 

“How?”

 

“She at least never turned me down anymore and let me do things to her. She is no longer angry if I kiss her cheek. She doesn’t push me away when I am sitting on her lap.” Irene grinned.

 

“Good for you then! But what if she is actually in love with you but you just knew that your love turns out to be nothing but infatuation?” Wendy’s questioned made Irene’s smile wiped off of her face.

 

“It will never happen! I love her first so there’s no way I would stop loving her!” Irene declared.

 

“If you say so.” Wendy shrugged.

 

“One thing though, either of you have to apply in different companies should you take things seriously. You know it is not possible to have forbidden relationship at work, moreover you both are women.” Wendy reminded.

 

“No worries. I have earned more than enough to feed us both but if she still insists to work, we can discuss it later, Jess. Thank you for reminding me.” Irene smiled. Wendy nodded.

 

“We better go back to work. It’s almost 1.30 pm now!” Wendy told Irene the moment she glanced at her wrist watch.

 

“Oh God you are right! Let’s go!” Irene raised her hand and asked for the bills.

---

 

Another week went by just like that. Irene announced that Seulgi had passed even though not with flying colours but at least she was confirmed as decent employee to continue working in the company under Irene’s supervision. Seulgi didn’t know whether she should be happy or not with the result but one thing for sure, Irene had become a part of her daily life and she didn’t mind about it.

 

Seulgi spent her 8 hours working under Irene’s intense ‘observation’ plus one hour having breakfast together in Irene’s kitchen. Usually Irene would prepare the breakfast or if the woman was too lazy, she would notify Seulgi to just buy a quick breakfast meals on her way to Irene’s apartment. Another hour would be spent during their lunch together and added another hour for dinner. It’d be 10 hours spending together with Irene and the time on the phone or social media hadn’t been calculated so in short, Seulgi had spent half or her days just with Irene; it’s like they were inseparable.

 

Seulgi lied if she still insisted that she wasn’t uncomfortable with Irene’s existence and her odd habits. If before, Seulgi was forced to spend her time with Irene, lately Seulgi did it voluntarily. Sometimes she was even the one to initiative the phone call or chat Irene just to ask how she’s doing and all. However, she still thought to herself that she did just to reduce the guilty feelings while seeking the right moment to have intimate session with Irene.

 

They weren’t a couple yet because Irene hadn’t asked Seulgi and she too hadn’t ready to ask Irene about it. Of course the wondering crossed her mind but her logic would interfere and aborted her plan to just ask Irene to be her lover. Her logic said that they hadn’t have to be a couple just so Seulgi could bring Irene to bed but her heart told her that it’d be very rude to sleep with her without any distinct status between them.

 

“Seulgi-ah, will you come over later?” Irene asked as Seulgi was driving her home.

 

“Do you want me to come over?” Seulgi asked in return.

 

“Yeah. I know we had our dinner already but I still missed you. Tomorrow is Saturday anyway. You don’t have any plan that you haven’t told me, do you?” Irene said.

 

“Of course I will let you know if I have any plan, Hyun-ah. I plan to just stay at home or maybe go to Yeri’s house if she doesn’t have any plan either.”

 

“When can I meet Yeri?” Seulgi gulped with the question. It would be awkward for Irene to meet the very same person who had bewitched her, no?

 

“Wae? Do you want to meet Yeri?”

 

“Of course! Yeri is your best friend and I am..” Irene halted.

 

“Hmm?” Seulgi still hadn’t realized why Irene stopped talking.

 

“What am I to you, Seulgi?” Irene asked quietly but enough for Seulgi to hear it.

 

“I know we have only known each other for not longer than two months but I am sure you can feel how strong my feelings are for you. I try to express my love for you anytime I can and uhm..” Irene was unsure whether she should continue or not; she was desperate but she didn’t want to be looked that desperate for Seulgi, afraid the woman would run away from her again like she used to.

 

“Go on.” Seulgi said and it encouraged Irene to continue.

 

“I am not sure whether your kindness to me lately is merely because of pity or more than that but-“

 

“It is more than that.” Seulgi interrupted.

 

“Uhm.. Thank you if it’s not merely due to pity and yeah, I think these past two weeks we are getting closer and although you never said it out loud or tried to initiate anything funny toward me, I.. I think you try to return my feelings too, right?” Seulgi took seconds before she finally nodded her head.

 

“So, is it wrong if I assume we can go to the next level? I mean, I am not seeing anyone else right now and so are you. Can we be more than just friends, Seulgi-ah?” Seulgi thankfully had parked her car safely so she could say what’s inside her mind too. She pulled up the handbrake and turned to Irene.

 

“What do you want us to be, Hyun-ah?” Seulgi’s eyes bored into Irene’s ones. Their eyes were talking but could it be converted into statements?

 

“I want us to have a romance relationship, Seulgi-ah. And must I be also the one to ask you? I am a woman. I have my limits too! I am maybe aggressive almost all the time but it doesn’t mean-“

 

“Would you like to be my girlfriend, Irene?” Seulgi cut off.

 

“Yeah I mean.. yes.. I .. Do you mean it, Seul?” Irene’s eyes became teary. She found it hard to believe that Seulgi just asked her to be her girlfriend.

 

“Of course I mean what I asked you. So, what is your answer?” Seulgi smiled warmly. She reached out her hands and wiped the tears away from Irene’s eyes.

 

“Absolutely it’s a yes, Seulgi-ah. I would love to be your girlfriend.” Irene leaped into Seulgi’s body and hugged the smaller woman tightly.

 

“Thank you, Seul.” Irene continued crying while hiding her face inside Seulgi’s collarbone.

 

“No, THANK YOU.” Seulgi emphasized.

 

“Thank you for being patient with me and thank you for keep on showering me with your love.” Seulgi added. Her hands rubbing Irene’s back, soothing the woman and let Irene cry for some more, knowing it’s tears of happiness.

 

That night, Seulgi’s confidence gradually disappeared. She knew her heart had slowly reached out for Irene. She wanted to prevent herself from falling for Irene but how could she? Seulgi couldn’t realize sooner how her heart slowly but sure tried to betray her.

 

It was kind of inevitable not to fall for someone whom you met instantly and in daily occasions, right? Moreover that Irene was nothing but sincere in anything she did for Seulgi. It was a lost battle Seulgi fought and deep down she knew, she would be the one that’s hurt at the end but then again, what could she do about it? This time, she couldn’t do anything but letting fate played its role.

---

 

“Your eyes will surely dry if you keep on glaring at me like that, Seul!” Irene removed her headphone and frowned at Seulgi.

 

“I can always wet your lips but I cannot wet your eyes, baby.” Seulgi’s eyes widely opened. She shyly looked away.

 

Yes, if it was Irene who used to disturb and distract her concentration but laying her eyes on her, recently it was Seulgi’s turn to do that. When she thought Irene was unaware, Seulgi would have her eyes staring at Irene; admiring the latter’s beauty through the windows of her eyes. Even if the latter realized, Irene of course wouldn’t mind and would only tease Seulgi like she just did right now.

 

“Yah! Stop talking dirty at work.” Seulgi blushed.

 

“What? Do you think I am all talk with zero actions?” Irene repeated the same action; locking her door and lowering the curtains.

 

“Wh-what are you going to do?” Seulgi quickly moved her chair closer to her desk so there’d be no room for Irene should the woman plan to do something funny.

 

“Nothing you dislike.” Irene came closer to Seulgi’s desk while the latter became panic.

 

“Come here, baby.” Irene kneeled on the floor since Seulgi didn’t give her enough space to straddle her. She moved her right hand to the back of Seulgi’s head and pushed it forward as she was tilting her head, leaning in.

 

Irene closed the gap, capturing Seulgi’s lips with her lips. She confidently kissed Seulgi and didn’t let the latter escape from her lips’ grip. Irene Seulgi’s lips, trying to beckon Seulgi to kiss her back. Seulgi was nervous and she didn’t do anything. She let Irene kiss her but she did not do something about it.

 

“Kiss me back..” Irene’s voice was husky and desperate. Shutting her logic down, Seulgi closed her eyes and started kissing Irene back as deeply as Irene did to her.

 

They exchanged their saliva through the kissing session. Irene bit Seulgi’s bottom lip until the lips automatically opened and Irene entered her tongue into Seulgi’s mouth. Irene explored the inner side of Seulgi’s mouth, searching her lover’s tongue and once she met it; she intertwined it with her owns, deepened the kiss if it’s even possible.

 

“Hmm..” Irene involuntarily moaned and it made Seulgi finally sobered up.

 

“We are at work, Hyun.” Seulgi withdrew and reminded.

 

“But baby~”

 

“NO. We must not do it here.” Seulgi shook her head.

 

“Fine. We will continue it at my apartment later.” Irene her lips and stood up.

 

“Where are you going?” Seulgi who was still breathless thanks’ to the kiss asked.

 

“Find myself a release in the toilet? You are welcome to join me if you want.” Irene winked.

 

“No, thank you.” Seulgi answered.

 

“Okay then, your lost.” Irene unlocked the door and got out.

 

“What have you done, Kang Seulgi?” Seulgi asked herself. She wiped her own lips, still could feel the way Irene’s lips taste on her own lips.

 

Surely it wasn’t their first kiss and not gonna be their last either. Their first one was at Irene’s apartment when the latter pretended to be sick a month ago and their second one was when they were finally official as girlfriends and let’s say more kisses followed after. It was to be expected if Irene became bolder and more ‘proactive’ ever since they had become official but Seulgi’s heart was not prepared for it. It was afraid; once their bodies had become one, what would they become after? Strangers? With those thoughts, Seulgi stayed still on her seat, feeling devastated.

---

 

It was getting harder for Seulgi lately to control what her heart wanted. It soared and screamed that it wanted no one but Irene. Her heart would beat loudly when Irene pressed her lips on hers, it would beat weakly when Irene cried because of her, and it would not let her logic take over anymore that Seulgi could do nothing but surrendering her heart for Irene to own. No, she hadn’t declared her feelings for Irene because she was afraid; afraid that one day Irene would realize how her love for Seulgi was far from real.

 

Seulgi wanted to hide it inside her heart forever if it was possible, but loving alone was too painful and unbearable. Her tongue was itchy, wanting to convey the same three words for Irene whenever the latter said ‘I love you’ to Seulgi but she held her tongue in the back of and smiled instead as a confirmation that she could feel Irene’s love. Irene never forced Seulgi to say it back to her, knowing it would take longer before Seulgi could reciprocate her feelings. Oh if only Irene knew that Seulgi had returned the feelings since some time ago.

 

Today, Seulgi went to Yeri’s place instead of hanging out with Irene. She had informed the latter beforehand that she wanted to meet Yeri and it took her an hour oh phone call until Irene allowed her to play with Yeri instead of her. Seulgi smiled behind her mobile phone, imagining how cute Irene must be when she was pouting like a kid. After hanging up, she quickly get changed and drove to Yeri’s place.

 

“So how are you and Irene doing, Unnie?” Yeri sat beside Seulgi on the coach in the living room.

 

“It is complicated.” Seulgi sighed deeply.

 

“What happened? And have you slept with her already?” Yeri offered Seulgi her popcorn but Seulgi declined it.

 

“I don’t think I can sleep with her, Yerimmie.” Seulgi exhaled, feeling like her life was full with burdens and all of those related to love and Irene.

 

“Huh? Why is that? Does she have ion illness, Unnie?” Yeri asked too innocently as she was munching on her popcorn.

 

“I can’t because I am selfish.” Seulgi’s answer was short and it made Yeri wonder; what had happened with her best friend? Where did the Seulgi she knew go?

 

“Yah could you explain using more syllables and words? How do you expect me to understand if you keep on telling me through short meaningless statement?” Yeri complained. She leaned down, grabbing her cola and sipped the drink.

 

“I am in love with her, Yeri.” Seulgi confessed. Yeri spilled half of her drink from , feeling taken aback with sudden statement.

 

“Wh-what?!” Yeri asked louder. She wiped with tissues.

 

“I said I am in love with her and I don’t want to sleep with her for as long as possible. I don’t want to lose her.” Seulgi took a deep breath before continuing.

 

“You told me last time that she would lose memories about me and become normal again once we have slept together. I don’t want that. I.. I don’t think I can bear the fact that she will hate me again after we do it.” Seulgi turned to Yeri, eyes were already glimmering with tears that were ready to fall down once Seulgi blink her eyes.

 

“Oh come here, Unnie.” Yeri came forward and pulled Seulgi into a hug.

 

“What should I do, Yerimmie? My heart makes an accident. I know I should never fall in love with her because I know I will be the one who is hurt at the end but it didn’t listen to my brain. I.. I still end up loving her.” Seulgi sobbed, hands squeezing the side of Yeri’s sweater.

 

“Shusshh.. let it all out, Unnie. I am here for you.” Yeri encouraged.

 

“It’s hard not to fall in love with her. I keep on reminding myself that her love for me is not real, that it’d be gone once your spell has been broken but..” Seulgi hid her face deeper, feeling ashamed.

 

“But my heart is still stubbornly in love with her at the end. She is so annoyingly lovable, Yerim-ah. She often teases me with dirty and seductive words. She pretends to be angry when others are around at work when in fact, she’s just jealous. She is possessive that I have to ask permission from her every time I want to meet someone that is not her. She is uncompromising when it comes to work but outside of work, she is caring and understanding. She cooks for me and I keep eating her food no matter how weird the taste is sometimes.” Seulgi sobbed harder.

 

“I am doomed, aren’t I?” Seulgi removed her body from Yeri. Her face was wet from her own unstoppable tears.

 

“Yes, you are.” Yeri smiled sadly; she teared up too hearing her best friend’s sad love stories.

 

“I am so sorry, Seulgi Unnie. It’s all because of me that you have to experience this.. this thing called love. If only I didn’t miss the target, maybe you-“

 

“Don’t say it. Maybe I am indeed fated to be in love with Joohyun, not Jonghyun.” Seulgi tried to smile and Yeri smiled too albeit a little.

 

“So, what is your plan now, Unnie? You cannot possibly say no to her every time she wants to.. you know.” Yeri looked up to Seulgi, feeling guilty.

 

“Yes, I am fully aware of that, Yerim. I will make peace with myself first, bracing myself from the great impact it would happen as soon as we sleep together. I will prepare myself to lose her but for the meantime, I would enjoy every last minute I have with her. It is not wrong, isn’t it?” Seulgi asked unsure, asking for Yeri’s opinion.

 

“It is not. You can take your time, as much as you need it until you are ready to let her go. If she is made for you, somehow there will be a way that she will be brought to you again. Let fate do its magic, Unnie. If you two are meant to be together, you will be together at the end.”

 

“Thank you, kiddo.” Seulgi smiled more sincerely this time.

 

“You can always find me when your heartbreak happens, Unnie. You know where to find me and I will be there for you, as your best friend and sister.” Yeri added.

 

“I don’t think I am that strong, but if it’s for her own good, I am willing to be stronger. I am already selfish now by restraining her in my grasp for too long. Sooner or later, I have to let her go and when that time comes, I hope I have made a right decision by doing the right thing.” Seulgi wiped the corner of her eyes to prevent more tears from coming out.

 

“You will be strong enough to do that, Unnie. I promise you can provide me 10 or more names to be bewitched after Joohyun and who knows I would put ‘marriage’ as the conditions to be released from the bewitched this time.” Yeri tried to cheer Seulgi up with her jokes.

 

“Maybe I will do that.” Seulgi smiled.

 

“We are young, Unnie. You can take so many years to find someone that you can love as much as or even more than your love for her right now.” Yeri patted Seulgi’s shoulder.

 

“We might be young, Yerimmie but I am not stupid for not realizing that my love for her is unconditional and is a true love.” Seulgi looked down, staring at her hands on her lap.

 

“I understand that. What I am saying is, it is not impossible to feel that kind of love again toward someone who is not Joohyun, Unnie.” Yeri explained.

 

“How can you expect to be in love with someone new if you already penetrated your mind that it is not possible to love someone as much as you love Joohyun? It is not impossible only if you ensure yourself that it is indeed not impossible.” Yeri emphasized further.

 

“I am sorry but in my current state, I just don’t think it’s possible.” Seulgi said weakly and it made Yeri feel guilty for not being more understanding.

 

“No, I am sorry. Just forget what I just said. We can prepare the future later. What is important is now.” Seulgi nodded at Yeri’s statement.

 

“Now, come on let’s have some fun! I just restock my DVD’s and no one but us is around. What do you say?” Yeri wiggled her eyebrows and smirked.

 

“I just finished crying, Yerim!” Seulgi complained albeit smiling with her best friend’s unique trait.

 

“That’s why it’s already time for some s! You can continue ‘crying’ in my bathroom later, okay!” Yeri didn’t wait for the reply as she had stood up, going to the rack and retracted the CD from it.

 

“What a friend you are.” Seulgi shook her head. She had felt better thanks’ to Yeri. Having someone to hear your stories out although she / he couldn’t help much was enough for Seulgi. She already knew what she had to do anyway, all she needed was ears to listen.

 

“I know, right?” Yeri the player and Yeri forced Seulgi to also start watching the not so educated movies while snacking on the popcorn.

---

 

Seulgi was barely able to get adequate sleep ever since she talked with Yeri several days ago. She kept thinking about what ifs’; like what if she didn’t ever want to have with Irene just so the woman wouldn’t ever forget about her? What if Irene totally forgot about her while she couldn’t move on because she had fallen too deep with her? What if after being intimate, she’d be gone and Irene wouldn’t even realize a woman name Seulgi had ever existed in her life?

 

Seulgi tossed and her bed. She wasn’t that dense not to understand the hints Irene gave her, that the woman wanted more than just normal kissing, that the woman needed Seulgi to touch her more than just over Irene’s clothes. Seulgi totally understood and she too honestly wanted to do more to Irene but every time her heart strived to do more, her logic would stop her and at the end, she would turn Irene down in the kindest way possible.

 

The reasons would be various, like how Seulgi wanted to save the intimate moment for the precious day like their anniversary and all or Seulgi would say to Irene they weren’t that sober to continue and she didn’t want their important moment would be just forgotten just like that. Thankfully so far, Irene still could understand and never get mad about it yet the question would be, until when would Irene be patient toward her? With that, Seulgi sighed again and changed her position, hoping the sleepiness would just drag her into the dreamland.

 

Seulrene relationship wasn’t a smooth sailing one because there’d be time they would fight over something trivial which then became a big issue, mainly because Irene was too possessive toward Seulgi or Seulgi who was jealous of men whom tried to court Irene but she didn’t want to show it; instead, she would act y and made Irene mad.

 

Like now, Seulgi hadn’t talked since they started working at 8 am which meant it’s been 3 hours since the last time the woman spoke to Irene. She would only respond shortly to whatever Irene asked her without any initiatives to ask back. It frustrated Irene because she thought it’d be better to just say it out loud about how angry and jealous Seulgi was rather than receiving the silent treatment from Seulgi.

 

“Seulgi-ah.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“What is wrong with you?!” Irene asked for the umpteenth time; the same questions and again the same answers.

 

“Nothing is wrong with me, Mam.” Irene just knew that’s the hint when Seulgi was mad, calling her Mam instead of her name even when there’s no one around to witness them.

 

“Oh come on! You wouldn’t call me Mam if there’s nothing wrong with you.” Irene was annoyed.

 

“We are at work, Mam so I am only your subordinate while you are my boss.” Seulgi replied, eyes didn’t move from her laptop’s screen.

 

“Let’s go!” Irene went to Seulgi’s desk and pulled Seulgi’s arm upward.

 

“Where to? It is still not time for lunch.” Seulgi didn’t budge. She restrained herself and stayed in her position.

 

“I know you are mad about something and we cannot talk about it over here. Besides, it’s merely 15 minutes to recess time. Let’s go out and talk.” Irene assertively said, more like ordering Seulgi do just be obedient and do as she’s told.

 

“I am not mad.” Seulgi pulled her wrist away from Irene’s grasp.

 

“Seulgi-ah, I don’t want us to fight over something that I don’t give a damn about. I love you and I want you to know that I couldn’t care less about anything but you. If I did something wrong that made you mad like now, I am sorry but please tell me about it so I wouldn’t make the same mistakes.” Irene’s voice softened and Seulgi felt guilty for acting like a child.

 

“Fine, let’s talk.” Seulgi sighed, standing up.

 

“Do you have something you want to eat right now? What about Japanese food? I missed eating ramen.” Irene tried to be cheerful.

 

“Sure. Anything you want.” Seulgi shortly replied. Irene could only exhale deeply, trying to be more patient toward her angry girlfriend.

 

“You look so hot wearing black outfit, Seul. You should really wear it more often.” Irene was the one driving the car while Seulgi sit on the passenger’s seat.

 

“Do I? Wow, I wonder who else would think the same way as you do. Who knows Oppa thinks that I am hot too, right?” Seulgi responded not in a matured way. Well, she’s indeed way younger than Irene so it’s normal, right?

 

“I will ignore that for now. People may think you are hot but you are mine to begin with and no one messed with Irene Bae who owns Kang Seulgi!” Irene huffed.

 

“But someone else can mess with Irene Bae who is owned by Kang Seulgi?” Seulgi was being sarcastic.

 

“Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you, Seul? What did I do wrong that you become this.. this annoying!” Irene frustratingly remarked.

 

“Nothing is wrong with me! You are who is wrong!” Seulgi yelled back.

 

“And that’s exactly why I asked you so many times, dammit!” Irene cursed and it was enough to shut Seulgi up.

 

“I.. I didn’t mean it. I am sorry.” It was the first time one of them threw improper word during their fights and Seulgi didn’t like it a bit.

 

“I am just worried and devastated! You’ve been ignoring me since yesterday, Seul and I missed you so much.” Irene’s voice was desperate.

 

“Maybe you should think about that first before you’re doing skinship with Mark.” Seulgi finally blurted out, didn’t have enough determination after seeing her lover being desperate and all.

 

“Mark is my best friend since high school and coincidentally he also becomes our subcontractor! I thought I have told you that before.” Irene now acknowledged the reason behind Seulgi’s attitude. Yes, she let Mark kissed her cheek yesterday during lunch meeting and also accidentally, Seulgi was there to witness the scene.

 

“And I also have told you before that I don’t like you being too close with anyone else who is not me. You often demand the same thing from me, Irene and I did as you told me! I keep my distance from Jonghyun and I always keep you updated about people around me and who I am close with.” Seulgi protested. Yes, she did her part to take care of Irene’s heart so why couldn’t the older woman do the same?

 

“He did it without warning, Seul and it’d be too impolite if I suddenly withdrew my face away from him when he’s about to kiss my cheek. His subordinates are there too!” Irene reasoned out but instead of dissipating Seulgi’s anger, it fuelled her smouldering rage.

 

“Oh okay, maybe you care about his feelings more than your lover’s feelings. That’s explains why you let him kissed your cheek now. Thank you for the information anyway, I can understand now.” Seulgi looked to the side, staring at the view passed before her through the window.

 

“That’s not what I meant! Would you stop twisting my words, Seul?” Irene raised her voice again, feeling upset with Seulgi’s childish act.

 

“What is it that you really want, Hyun? You asked me to tell you the truth but the moment I did it, you get angry because my reason is unacceptable. What do you want?!” Seulgi escalated her intonation as well.

 

“I.. I just want you to understand that at times, we have to beat our own ego just to respect people. I know you’d be jealous but I didn’t think it’d be to this extend and I thought I could talk it out with you while what would he say to his subordinates if I pulled my face from him right when his lips were about to land on my cheek?” Irene inhaled deeply, trying to calm down before replying.

 

“I don’t know and I don’t care. Maybe next time you shouldn’t invite me to your lunch meeting because despite being your subordinate, I am your lover too! And how do you expect me to put myself professionally as your team member when at the same time, I couldn’t accept him kissing you when I put myself as your lover?” Seulgi excruciatingly said.

 

“Then maybe it’s already time for you to grow up and face the world as a professional!” Irene finally couldn’t contain her emotion any longer and snapped at her lover.

 

“That’s it! Stop the car here!” Seulgi hit the dashboard of the car.

 

“Wh-what do you think you’re doing!” Irene yelled, still had her foot pressing the gas pedal.

 

“Pull over now!” Seulgi literally shouted. Irene quickly lighted her signal lamp before finally pulling over to the side of the road.

 

“Yah you can make us involved in an accident!” Irene pulled the handbrake and turned to Seulgi.

 

“…” Seulgi didn’t answer. She unbuckled her seatbelt and unlocked the door.

 

“W-what are you doing?” Irene’s voice was shaking.

 

“I am out of here.” Seulgi informed.

 

“W-wait. Don’t.. don’t leave me.” Irene clasped Seulgi’s wrist tightly.

 

“Why can’t I? It is obvious that you care about your reputation more than me. You have emphasized it clearly.” Seulgi released her wrist from Irene but she didn’t get out from the car, yet.

 

“No. It’s just a misunderstanding, Seul. I love you more than anything and anyone else in the world.” Irene quickly clarified.

 

“No, you don’t.” Seulgi muttered quietly.

 

“What?”

 

“You don’t love me, Irene. Your love for me is not real.” Seulgi looked up, staring right into Irene’s eyes.

 

“How can you say that?! I know I was wrong and I swear I wouldn’t do it again, Seul but don’t ever doubt how big my love is for you.” Irene was more like pleading now. Long gone her anger, replaced by fear of losing Seulgi.

 

“I.. I will be more considerate of your feelings and I will also keep my distance off of Mark and whoever else whom I don’t give a damn about. For as long as I still have you as my lover.” Irene added. She tried again to hold Seulgi and she felt relieved when the woman didn’t try to avoid her touch.

 

“Please don’t break up on me.” Irene begged, clenching Seulgi’s body with all of her might, trying to convey her love through the gestures.

 

“I just hope I can hold on to your words, Hyun-ah.” Seulgi smiled sadly.

 

“What do you mean? Haven’t I shown you enough that I love you? I endlessly wait for you although you still cannot say the same words to me, Seul.” Irene didn’t like Seulgi’s insinuation.

 

“It is more than enough, Hyun-ah and I am thank you for it. Also, I am so sorry for still cannot say it back to you.” Seulgi tightened the hug, embracing Irene and hoping the woman knew that her feelings for the latter was also love; the real love.

 

‘If only you knew that your love would be as good as gone once we..’ Seulgi thought inside her mind and it made her eyes watery.

 

“It’s okay, Seulgi-ah. I will wait for as long as you need me to. I just know one day you’d be able to say it back, right?” Irene pulled away, surprised seeing Seulgi was crying.

 

“Why are you crying? It should be me who’s crying, pabo ya.” Seulgi chuckled but the tears kept on streaming out.

 

“I am sorry. I was childish too but I really don’t like you being too close with him, or anyone else in this matter.” Seulgi could only smile when Irene was brushing her tears away with her palm.

 

“No. I am the older one here. I should have been more matured in reacting through our debate. I am sorry, Seul. I will maintain myself better, I promise you that.” Irene touched Seulgi’s cheek with right palm.

 

“I will hold on to it.” Seulgi smiled, nodding her head.

 

Irene locked the door back before turning her head to Seulgi. She placed one hand on Seulgi’s neck, leaning her face closer. Irene waited when their faces were only inches away. Irene sought for Seulgi’s approval and when Seulgi too brought her face closer, Irene closed her eyes until her lips crashed with Seulgi’s lips. They kissed passionately until they both lost their breath and had to pull away to absorb some oxygen for their lungs.

 

“I love you so much, Seulgi-ah. Please don’t ever leave me.” Irene said breathlessly.

 

“I will never leave for as long as you remember me.” Seulgi’s stared into Irene’s eyes seriously. Irene was taken aback because Seulgi’s statement just didn’t make any sense right now.

 

“And I swear I will never forget you. Even if one day I got amnesia, I promise my heart will eventually remember you.” Irene stared back onto Seulgi’s eyes, feeling herself drawn by Seulgi’s pledge earlier. She was relieved for Seulgi had promised her not to ever leave her but at the same time, what did she mean by saying those words? Of course Irene would never want to forget her… right?

 

“Thank you.” Seulgi leaned in and kissed Irene’s temple.

 

“Now can we have lunch? I am starving~” Irene whined and Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Of course.”

---

 

“Happy 100th day anniversary!!” Irene was startled that she jumped off of her feet.

 

Seulgi was super very so so annoying today that she didn’t even work in the same room, reasoning out that she had to go to vendor’s office to do some units’ inspection. She left early in the morning, ignoring Irene’s plea to pick her up and didn’t even comeback to fetch Irene after work. Heck, she didn’t even reply Irene’s message the whole day that it made the latter frustrated.

 

Irene grew angrier with the fact that today should be their happiest day since it’s their 100th day since they became official but Seulgi had ruined Irene’s mood successfully. Irene wanted to have romantic dinner with her lover but the moment Seulgi’s message was received, saying she had reached home, Irene’s mood became worse that she quickly grabbed her purse and went home on her own.

 

Irene kept cursing, mostly scolding Seulgi even though the woman wasn’t there to hear it lively while driving home. Good thing that the traffic was slightly nice today that she didn’t have to spend more minutes inside her car because all she needed right now was her pillow and bolster and maybe sheets of tissues to accompany her crying.

 

Since Irene’s mood was in its worst state, she didn’t even realize that the light inside her apartment was off. She jutted her lips, still feeling annoyed with Seulgi’s unbelievable attitude today. Yes, Irene knew at times Seulgi was dense and insensitive but she didn’t think Seulgi would be that dense that she even forgot what date today was.

 

Irene unlocked the door and finally realized that her apartment was dark. She sighed loudly, feeling more frustrated than she already was. She was about to turn back and went out from the apartment to complain to the lobby when she noticed a candle near where’s she standing was lit on. A candle became two candles and it kept being added that her curiosity irked in and she followed where it would lead her to.

 

Irene walked forward, following the trails of candles on the floor and it led her to the bedroom. She carefully walked in between the candles until the lamp inside the room was suddenly went on and there’s Seulgi standing beside the bed, saying happy 100th day anniversary to her.

 

“Happy anniversary, baby! I am sorry for being annoying today.” Seulgi chuckled, approaching Irene.

 

“..” Irene was still in her shocked state. She turned her head to the bed and saw petals of roses decorating the bed, forming ‘HAPPY 100TH DAY ANNIVERSARY!’ words.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Seulgi waved her hand in front of Irene’s face.

 

“I hate you.” Irene said softly but was heard by the latter.

 

“I am sorry for being so.. uhmm, bad?” Seulgi bit her bottom lip. Seulgi carefully took both of Irene’s hands and intertwined it with her own hands.

 

“You are so annoying! Ugh!!” Irene pulled her hands and used it to hit Seulgi repetitively.

 

“I know I know! Yah, I have said I was sorry, right? Besides, I was busy preparing surprise for you. Look, I even have cooked us dinner and even set the table on my own.” Seulgi lifted her hands to cover herself from Irene’s punches.

 

“Huh?” Seulgi giggled, she took Irene’s wrist and pulled her to the balcony outside of the bedroom.

 

There was a small table enough for two. The table was covered by red tablecloth and on it there were several plates; there were two portions of steak, Irene’s favourite food completed with salad as side dish and red wine. Encircled the table was roses petals, forming love sign. This time Irene couldn’t believe her eyes and cried. Literally Seulgi declared that she loved her too, right?

 

“I really hope you haven’t had your dinner, babe.” Seulgi shyly smiled. She went to where Irene was standing and pulled out the chair, letting Irene sit on it. She walked around the table and sit in front of Irene.

 

“This would be the first time I cooked steak so I hope it’s edible. I relied on my skill totally on the recipe I browsed from the internet and the expensive meat I bought. It says A5 is the most delicious one so I took it from the market.” Seulgi explained, face was still red.

 

“Say something, please? Are you still mad at me?” Seulgi sighed. She held Irene’s hand on the table.

 

“I am so happy, Seul. I never thought you could be this romantic.” Irene smiled, tears were flowing down on her cheeks.

 

“Hey, don’t cry please.” Seulgi wiped the tears away.

 

“I can’t. This happiness is uncontainable. Thank you and happy anniversary too, baby. I love you.” Irene leaned in and kissed Seulgi softly.

 

They spent the evening eating Seulgi’s cooking while exchanging romantic words toward each other. Irene flirted with Seulgi, saying how she loved her steak to be cooked slightly raw like how she would love to be taken raw on bed later. Seulgi blushed, pretending she didn’t hear correctly while seeking for another topic to be discussed.

 

Irene asked Seulgi to have a slow dance with her since the night hadn’t ended just yet. Seulgi admitted she couldn’t dance but Irene said she didn’t mind and she would teach Seulgi slowly. And so Seulgi followed Irene’s lead and they danced for a while with Seulgi holding Irene’s waist while Irene’s hands were on Seulgi’s shoulder.

 

Seulgi didn’t know where it started. They were dancing the night away when Irene tried to kiss her and she kissed her as hardly. Irene’s hands were now wrapping around Seulgi’s neck, didn’t want to let go off of Seulgi’s lips. Seulgi tried hard to keep her composure and to maintain her hands’ location but it was not easy when Irene kissed her more passionately and Irene’s right hand went to Seulgi’s left hand, guiding it onto her bossom.

 

“Seulgi-ah.” Irene pulled away and stared at Seulgi’s eyes. The woman could see and feel lusts reflected through Irene’s expression.

 

“Yes?” Seulgi was nervous. She knew this was it; she couldn’t possibly keep running away from the fact and turn Irene down for the umpteenth time, moreover that today was their special day.

 

“I want you. Please?” Irene begged. Irene’s hand kept Seulgi’s hand on Irene’s right bosom.

 

“Are you sure?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Very.” Irene nodded.

 

“Alright.” Seulgi forced a smile. She should have been happy for finally this moment occur, but only if Irene was in her right mind. She knew, after tonight has ended, they would be nothing but superior and her subordinate.

 

Seulgi had enough of running away. Seulgi was already fed up with her own cowardice; afraid to lose Irene. She penetrated her mind that if Irene was indeed meant to be hers, then she would be hers at the end no matter under what circumstances. She too didn’t want to hurt Irene even more than she already did toward the older woman. Seulgi thought Irene deserved to know the truth even with the risks that Irene would banish her existence from her life.

 

They kissed for some more until Irene’s back knees touching the edge of the bed. They released their lips just so Irene could get on the bed and lay on her back, facing Seulgi who slowly climb on her that she was on top with Irene beneath her.

 

“I keep dreaming this moment to happen, Seul. I want you so much.” Irene stated shamelessly.

 

“I want you too, Hyun-ah.” Seulgi smiled. She led her hands to slowly Irene’s office attire. went down and continued on kissing and Irene’s lips.

 

Irene’s shirt was already ed all that it showed Irene’s black tank top beneath it. Irene sat up a moment to help Seulgi to remove her shirt. Seulgi hinted Irene to lift both of her hands so she could get rid of the tank top.

 

“Stop staring at me that way.” Irene looked away, too embarrassed.

 

“Why not? Can’t I admire the most perfect creature created by God?” Seulgi used the same statement that Irene threw at her months ago.

 

“May I?” Seulgi’s fingers were already on Irene’s bra hook. Irene nodded shyly.

 

Seulgi unclasped Irene’s bra and took her time adoring the view before her. The size was not too big but sufficient. It was beautiful and all her life Seulgi had never thought she would think another woman who also had the same assets as her beautiful, well not until she met and fell in love with Irene anyway.

 

Seulgi leaned in, utilizing until Irene wiggled her body, arching her back with loud incoherent words coming out from her sinful lips. The next target would be to leave Irene with nothing on her; not even a thread must be seen on Irene’s body.

 

“Take off your clothes too. I don’t want to be the only one .” Irene tugged Seulgi’s shirt, hinting that she wanted to remove it from Seulgi’s body as well.

 

Seulgi obediently removed her clothes; piece by piece until she too was left with nothing on her body. Seulgi had her knees bent beside Irene’s lower area, kneeling in front of Irene’s most sacred area. Irene had her legs widely opened, ready to welcome Seulgi to join and become one with her.

 

“I love you, Joohyun-ah. Always remember that.” Seulgi finally said those meaningful words she had kept for so long.

 

“I love you too, Seul. Thank you for loving me.” Irene teared up and smiled contently. Moans and screams were soon heard later as firm proof of their love. Well, loves supposedly until that night ended and Irene had gained her consciousness.

 

Seulgi had her face hidden in between Irene’s legs that the older woman didn’t realize that Seulgi was crying while trying to satisfy Irene. Next, Seulgi penetrated Irene slowly to ease Irene’s pain while trying to accommodate the intrusion. Seulgi grinded their bodies together as the final movements of their intimate sessions.

 

“I love you so much, Joohyun-ah. You may not remember me anymore when morning comes but I will keep on loving you even from afar.” Seulgi tears dropped to Irene’s face. The older woman was sleeping soundly that she didn’t realize Seulgi had worn her clothes properly.

 

“I cannot imagine living a life without you but I have to. I wish you can find someone whom you really love and who will love you in return. Someone whom I hope can be me but I know it is not possible.” Seulgi sat on the edge of the bed, staring at the sleeping Irene.

 

“When tomorrow comes, I am no longer your lover. We shall be back into superior and her subordinate. I love you truly. Please be happy.” Seulgi kissed Irene’s forehead for the last time and left Irene’s apartment with a heavy heart.

---

 

Sorry that it took me this long to update ^^"

Well, the comeback news triggers my passion to continue the story so here it is!!

I will try to complete the story as soon as I have time :))

Thank you for reading and your comments are appreciated :D