Here Comes Trouble!

Zimzalabim

 

“WHAT?!” Seulgi swore her ears just tricked her because it seemed like she heard Irene asked her whether it’s okay to feed her.

 

“I am sorry I think I heard you wrong, Mam. And I have had breakfast already before going to work but thank you for the offer.” Seulgi tried to smile politely despite the fear growing up in her chest seeing the weird version of Irene.

 

“But I have woken up early deliberately just for you. Can you at least eat the egg roll without rice and others?” Irene pouted and Seulgi thought she needed glasses so she could see Irene’s expression more properly because, in a blink of an eye, she swore she saw Irene blowing air inside her cheeks, pouting.

 

“Uhm.” Seulgi halted, contemplating what’s happening right now. However, she still thought positively, assuming Irene just felt guilty of yesterday's occurrence that Irene tried to be nicer to her.

 

“If it’s because of yesterday, then you can totally rest assure because I understand why you did that to me. I was wrong and I keep on making mistakes that you grow impatient of me.” Seulgi carefully said, eyes staring into Irene’s eyes.

 

“Huh? What about yesterday? I don’t think I was wrong for scolding you but at least I did the right thing after, telling you to learn before allowing you to go back to your work normally.” Irene exclaimed and Seulgi frowned deeper.

 

“If not because of that, then why did you make me breakfast? It’s not like you ever did it before, Mam. I don’t mean to offend you but this version of you makes me scared; scarier than when I have to face the angry version of you.” Seulgi softly said. She fidgeted with her fingers, hoping her statements wouldn’t make Irene kill her, literally.

 

“What’s wrong in being caring? I don’t see anything wrong with me caring for you, my favorite team member.” Irene smiled widely and it made Seulgi more confused. The poor younger woman was frightened now. Did Irene purposely do this to kick her out so she would fail the one-month trial and decided to resign before her one-month time ends? If so, then perhaps Irene almost succeeded.

 

“Well, I am sorry but I have to go back to work, Mam. It’s almost 8 am and I know how you dislike indiscipline attitude so it’s better to be safe than sorry, right?” Seulgi stood up, didn’t forget to bow before quickly getting out from Irene’s office room.

 

“WAIT SEULGI!” Irene was calling her name loudly. Heck, Seulgi even heard steps behind her but she was too afraid to stop and turn around. Thus, she did what she thought she must do, running toward the exit door instead without turning back.

 

“Oh my God! I am so scared. What the hell is wrong with her anyway?” Seulgi was hiding inside a toilet cubicle with her back resting on the locked door behind her. She clenched her chest, feeling her heart was still beating loudly no thanks’ to Irene’s newly found yet scary attitude toward her.

 

Seulgi spent around 10 minutes inside the toilet cubicle, sitting and playing with her phone. She was still afraid that Irene was still around to chase after her. She was massaging her head when her phone rang. It was an unknown number and Seulgi considered whether she should pick up or just let it be, thinking it could be a call from credit card marketing of life insurance sales telling her to have her life insurance should she’s caught in an incident which could put her in critical condition.

 

“Hello?” At the end Seulgi picked up the phone since her phone wouldn’t stop bugging her and it’s the same phone number.

 

“Seulgi-ah, where are you?” Seulgi knew her voice from anywhere. It’s the same voice that was screaming at her face and at the same time which made her scram this morning but in the cuter version.

 

“Oh, I am sorry Mam. I am in the toilet right now. Do you need some documents or data from me?” Seulgi cleared , trying to sound normal although she’s still a little scared of Irene.

 

“It’s okay you can do your finish first. Don’t forget to clean up and flush the water after, okay? I just missed you already so I tried to call you. Anyway, this is my number so don’t forget to save it okay. Have a nice day, Seul!” With that, the phone was ended.

 

“The hell.” Seulgi mumbled under her breath.

 

“Was her voice very loud yesterday that Wendy heard her and told her to be nicer to me? But still, she didn’t need to say she missed me because that’s totally out of topic.” Seulgi rubbed her hands, feeling her nape hairs were already standing up just by replaying Irene’s words saying she missed Seulgi.

 

“This is crazy but I must not be affected by her. Besides, I want to observe the changes of Jonghyun Oppa today.” Seulgi shook her head, hitting both of her cheeks so she could regain her focus and forget about Irene and her bizarre behaviour.

 

“Oh yeah I have to save her number. Ugh, why must I have her number anyway?” Seulgi mentally rolled her eyes but still added Irene’s number to her new contact and saved it as ‘Bae Boss’. She put her phone inside her pocket and went back to her desk to read the procedures, guidelines, and such. If she’s lucky then maybe she could approach Jonghyun to ask for his help. With that in mind, she put a smile on her face and walked out of the toilet.

---

 

Seulgi was reading the guidelines about required documents necessary for vendors to charge invoices to the company when she felt there’s a person standing behind her chair. She stopped reading, didn’t forget to highlight the last page she had read before swiveling her chair around and see who the person was.

 

“Hey. Am I disturbing you?” Seulgi was almost fell from her chair because the person turned out the very last person who would approach her.

 

“Oppa.” Seulgi murmured, still couldn’t believe it was him. The man smiled at her. He then walked away for seconds, pulling another vacant chair so he could sit beside her.

 

“I heard people talking. I never have an interest in gossips but since it’s related to a person I know, it irks me to just get the info directly from the reliable resources.” Jonghyun started Seulgi enchanted mantra to herself, telling her heart to calm the hell down.

 

“So, did she threaten to fire you yesterday? And I also heard she only gave you a month to become a better employee and ask you not to do your work; just learn things going on in this company and positions related to your function. Is it true?” Seulgi nodded her head, was clogged up that she couldn’t utter a thing. His handsomeness was just too unbelievable and oh his perfume. What perfume did he use? Because it made Seulgi want to bring her face closer toward him and sniff away.

 

“I feel sorry for you. However, it’s rare that she even gave her team member another chance. In normal condition, she would already have the person fired. As much as I want to say you’re lucky to get that chance, I am sure you’re kind of shocked to get scolded often, right?” His stare was full of meanings and one of those was how he felt Seulgi deserved better, or so as Seulgi assumed.

 

“Y-yeah but I am hanging there. I want to use this chance to improve my competency.” Seulgi chewed her bottom lip and answered shortly, not because she didn’t like talking with him but more because she’s super nervous; as if a fan meeting her idol that it made her hyperventilating yet excited at the same time.

 

“Wow, you’re adorable aren’t you?” Seulgi blushed that it even made her face felt hot.

 

Did he just flirt with her? Did it mean that the spell Yeri enchanted for him worked? With that thought in mind, the confidence in Seulgi boosted up because she knew, she was very sure that his heart too was beating irregularly and that it was highly possible that he couldn’t get rid of Seulgi’s face from his mind and that’s why he decided to just come to her table so he could stare at her face directly.

 

‘Is falling in love with me that unbearable for him? Ah.. when will he ask me for a date then? Yeri, I love you so much I swear I will treat you to the best lunch tomorrow!’ Seulgi said in her mind. The smile was appearing and she couldn’t control it anymore.

 

“Since I am your direct user, I can always help you. I will explain the general job description I am doing from day to day, including my team’s KPI so you will know what you should do so all of us can achieve our targets.” The man continued since Seulgi didn’t respond his compliment earlier. Just for the info, he’s indeed a kind-hearted man and he’s just like that to the people he’s close with and it’s including Seulgi. And absolutely it wasn’t because of Yeri because obviously, Yeri’s mantra didn’t affect him since it was sent to a wrong address aka Bae Joohyun

 

“You will do that for me?” Seulgi asked in disbelief, her eyes were glimmering and full of hopes.

 

“Of course, I will. We can always do it during lunch later. What do you think?” Seulgi begged mentally that he would use this chance to just ask her to date by pretending he would help her when in fact, he wanted to ask her to a romantic dinner, just the two of them during lunch later. However, Seulgi’s imagination balloons were popped up when an unwanted party came over.

 

“She doesn’t need your help.” Seulgi sharply breathed. The same voice she disliked was heard again.

 

“Ah. Good afternoon, Miss Irene.” Jonghyun stood up and bowed politely. He tried to smile but the glare from Irene aborted his plan to smile sincerely.

 

“Do you not have something to work with? It’s not even lunched so why are you here and bothering my team?” Irene ignored the greeting and said bitter words to the latter.

 

“I am sorry. I was just here to offer Seulgi my help since my work is related to hers.” Jonghyun tried to explain.

 

“Did I ask you to help her?” The man shook his head.

 

“Seulgi, did you ask for his help?” Seulgi gulped nervously. What should she answer?

 

“Y-yes, I did. I personally asked for his help since I know he would do it and besides, I have known him since college so we’re quite close. Right, Oppa?” Seulgi’s eyes were seeking support from Jonghyun. Too bad, she didn’t pay much attention that she didn’t realize how Irene was now throwing daggers at the poor man.

 

“Well if I need help from the operation, I would have already called your superior.” Irene strictly exclaimed and the poor man couldn’t argue back since Irene was a manager and he was 2 levels lower than her and even if he’s at the same level, still he wouldn’t do it because he’s a gentleman and it’s not good to fight with women.

 

“And you, Seulgi-ah. I have told you that I would contact the superiors to help you, right?” Irene’s voice softened and Seulgi grew panic.. again.

 

“Y-yes, Mam.” Seulgi stuttered.

 

“And you will have lunch with me. I will be the one responsible to teach you about the mapping process and other things you need to know.” Irene smiled genuinely and Seulgi grew more panicked, if it’s possible.

 

“Go back to your desk, Sir. You are dismissed.” The man could only nod his head weakly and turned around, leaving the two women.

 

“Are you hungry already, Seul?” Irene’s voice was suddenly softened and full of concerns. Even the people around her who worked were now staring at them. Surely, they were curious what could make Irene become soft to Seulgi when it’s only yesterday the same Irene shouted at Seulgi.

 

“N-not really.” Seulgi smiled awkwardly.

 

“But I am.” Irene pouted and the people were almost standing right now, couldn’t believe their own ears and eyes.

 

“Let’s go to lunch right now, please?” The people were already standing. It’s as if there’s a huge commotion when it’s only Irene being struck with bizarreness that she became unbelievably kind to Seulgi.

 

“Okay then, Mam.” Feeling uncomfortable under people’s scrutiny, Seulgi made the initiative and grabbed Irene’s hand, and walked out from people’s weird stare.

 

“Omo you are so aggressive, Seul!” Irene exclaimed as she was pulled by Seulgi to the elevator.

 

“Seriously, what is wrong with you, Mam?” Seulgi asked breathlessly. She was smaller than Irene and pulling her was already tiring Seulgi out.

 

“Nothing is wrong.” Irene answered almost immediately. Seulgi didn’t ask further and Irene stayed quiet so they just waited for the elevator to come and pick them up.

 

Irene looked shy as she was walking side by side with Seulgi. By now, Seulgi had already released Irene’s hand but it’s just Seulgi assumptions or what that she felt Irene’s hand was purposely brushing her hand every time she swung her hands while walking. Immediately, she created more distance so their hands wouldn’t be brushing against each other.

 

“So, my car is that way.” Irene said and Seulgi nodded her head, following Irene until they have reached the parking area.

 

“Let me drive, Mam.” Seulgi politely said, asking for the car’s key. Irene rummaged after her purse and gave Seulgi the key.

 

Seulgi unlocked the driver’s door and entered it. However, she looked at how Irene was still standing beside the passenger’s door. She was forced to go out of the car and looked what was wrong. She had unlocked the door as well but why Irene hadn’t entered?

 

“Uhm, would you please open it for me?” Irene shyly asked and Seulgi could only sigh. It only added one more thing to dislike about Irene; being bossy literally all the time. Seulgi didn’t want to argue about trivial things so she came over and opened the door for Irene.

 

“Thank you.” Little did Seulgi know that Irene only wanted to be treated as a woman because her eyes, mind, soul, logic had been bewitched that she could only have Seulgi haunting her mind. However, the point of view from Irene shall be explained later.

 

“What is your favorite food, Seulgi-ah?” Irene asked when Seulgi started up the engine and drove out from their company building area.

 

“Korean food, Mam. What about you?” Seulgi asked in return, being polite and all.

 

“Born and raised in U.S, I prefer American food but let’s try Korean food for now.” Irene smiled. Seulgi pretended not to see it and continued driving.

 

“I don’t mind eating American food, as long as it has rice.” Seulgi blurted out casually.

 

“Really? You would do that for me? Sacrificing your favorite food just so I can enjoy mine?” Seulgi was unable to control her expression now; it’s as if her face was yelling ‘what the hell?! Why is she so exaggerating?’

 

“You hate me, don’t you? I am a bad person, the worst superior you could ever get, and have odd personalities.” Irene’s face turned sour and it made Seulgi feeling guilty. She sighed, breathing deeply, figuring out what she should do. The kind version of Irene was scary but the moody one made her wanted to escape from Irene and her bizarre world immediately.

 

“I don’t hate you, Mam.”

 

“You lied. You even called me Mam just now although we’re already outside of work.” Irene’s statement made Seulgi frowned.

 

“It’s because you are still my superior no matter where we are, Mam. Plus you are older than me.” Seulgi replied, eyes still focused on the road. Heck, Irene hadn’t even told her where they would be going and now they were talking about random and not important things.

 

“Do you dislike older women, Seul? But usually, an older lover would be wiser and more mature. She can understand her younger lover better than a lover who has less .” Irene advised and if Seulgi didn’t know any better, she would have assumed that she’s talking about herself..

 

“I still like men, Mam.” Seulgi shortly announced, hoping Irene would drop the topic already. It felt weirder as seconds passed to sit beside Irene and hearing her talking about too random things such as preference and genders.

 

“How old are you?” Irene changed the topic and Seulgi felt so relieved.

 

“I am 23 years old, Mam.”

 

“It’s Irene for you or in short, you can even call me Hyun outside of work. And I am 30 years old by the way.” Irene informed and Seulgi didn’t know what to reply her so she stayed silenced.

 

“Are you not curious whether I already have a lover or not, Seul?” There she was again. What’s with her and too personal question anyway?

 

“It’s your personal business, Ma- Hyun. I don’t want to pry.” Seulgi thought at least she could do one thing for Irene just so she wouldn’t feel too bad for keep on replying shortly at her.

 

“I broke up with my ex a year ago. We should have been married this April but I changed my mind halfway. I was afraid of marriage, Seul. I am afraid I am incapable to make my husband happy because all my younger years, I only know how to work well as an employee.” Irene stated.

 

“It’s kind of ridiculous, I know but that’s the truth. I also am afraid that I won’t find the happiness I seek in marriage. I am worried the world of marriage is too different from when we’re just merely being lovers.” Irene added.

 

“Uhm.. Thank you for the information?” Seulgi said unsure.

 

“Say, Seulgi-ah. Do you think I am attractive?” Seulgi growled inside her mind. Not this kind of question again, Seulgi desperately said mentally.

 

“Yes, you are.” Seulgi sighed. She quickly made a U-turn when she glanced at McDonald’s restaurant. They needed to arrive quickly so she could get away from the narrow spaces between her and Irene and suffocated questions from her.

 

“Uh, we have arrived. Let’s go!” Seulgi added quickly before Irene had enough time to respond. She unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car, escaping from Irene.

 

Seulgi was actually nervous that eating out with Irene would be again awkward and made her uncomfortable. Nevertheless, Seulgi’s worries didn’t happen because as Irene promised, she explained about work instead. It’s like Irene's odd mode had suddenly switched into a professional one; the mode Seulgi used to hate but grow to love now, compared to Irene’s bizarre attitudes.

 

“So, since you’re still at entry-level, you don’t need to search for the vendors. Let your leader do that. All you must ensure is things related to reports and data. In short, all of the things related to vendors’ administration.” Irene intelligently explained.

 

“But it doesn’t mean you won’t contact vendors at all. There are times the vendors shall contact you either verbally or through email to ask about when they shall get paid. When it happens, you only need to be the bridge between vendors and finances. Just forward the email to the finance area and ensured the vendors are cc-ed.” Irene continued. Seulgi paid attention meticulously; feeling amazed at how smart Irene was because she could explain to Seulgi using words that could be understood easily by the latter.

 

“Have you read the guidelines about required documents for vendors’ invoicing?” Seulgi nodded her head. They were eating but at the same time, it’s like a lecturing session as well. Irene ate her fries every now and then. When it’s time for Seulgi to talk, the older woman would take a bite at her beef burger.

 

“The guidelines probably only inform the general documents but actually, the type of documents needed depends on the type of services. It applies too for the tax; the tax deducted also depends on the type of services that the vendors provide us.” Seulgi thankfully brought her notes so she wrote it down on her notebook. She ate faster so she had done eating and was able to write while Irene was still eating while explaining.

 

“Feel free to ask if there’s still a thing you don’t understand.” With that, the conversation continued for 20 minutes more until Irene’s phone rang and she was asked to go back to the company since she would have met that afternoon.

 

“Thank you for today, Mam.” Seulgi said before she gave back Irene’s car key.

 

“Keep it with you so you can drive me home after work later.” Irene winked and left her. Seulgi’s brain was still booting that she didn’t even realize that Irene was no longer there.

 

“WHAT?!”

---

 

Seulgi was tired mentally and physically that day. Irene wasn’t joking when she said she had to drive her home but this time, Irene didn’t talk much since she only gave her the address to her apartment and fell asleep during the ride. Arriving there, Seulgi was about to order an online taxi when Irene told her to just drive her car home so she could again fetch Irene in the morning.

 

“It’s so weird, Yerimmie. She kept on bothering me that day! I cannot even have lunch with my idol because of her!” Seulgi called her best friend as soon as she had her back rested on the bedpost, telling her about the day she just barely passed.

 

“Do you think it’s because she feels guilty of what she had done yesterday, Unnie?” Yeri replied.

 

“I am thinking that too but come on, it’s not like it’s the first time she scolded me anyway and she never felt guilty before so why now?” Seulgi sighed.

 

“Because it’s the first time you told her that it’s okay to just fire you, Unnie. Maybe she never had others talked to her that way. She must be surprised to have you challenged her back. Usually, dominant people would finally back down when there’s someone who could argue with her. You know, instead of begging, you asked to be kicked out literally.” Yeri reasoned out and Seulgi too innocently agreed with her friend’s opinion.

 

“So what should I do to make her change her mind, Yeri-ah! I cannot even get the benefits from your spell over him because she’s around.” Seulgi grunted.

 

“Poor Oppa for his undeniable love for me feels unrequited. How can I show him that his feelings for me are actually reciprocated when she’s always there?! Ugh!” Seulgi’s character was too unadorned because she hadn’t known how Yeri was wrong and actually the cause of Irene’s odd behavior.

 

“I know, right. He must be feeling stressed right now. It’s gonna be very hard for him, Unnie because he has to have enough determination to control himself from always wanting to be by your side and staring at your face. He would feel headache because he couldn’t spend time with you today.” Yeri said.

 

“Oh poor Oppa~ I feel very guilty right now.” Seulgi was about to cry thinking of how he must be feeling right now.

 

“Just ensure you have plenty of time to spend with him tomorrow.”

 

“I will anything in my capacity to be around him all day long.” Seulgi said with full of determination.

 

“As for your boss, my suggestion is if you don’t want her to keep on feeling guilty and disturbing you through her odd behavior I think you should just be an obedient employee for her, Unnie. Don’t argue with her. My intuition said she did and would keep on doing that just to annoy you, Unnie so the more you persist, the more she’d be around you.” Yeri blurted out baselessly. She knew well that she had to do meditation first before she could conclude which was right and which was wrong oh but she’s too sleepy to do that now.

 

“Do you think so? But her request is so ugh! She even asked me to drive her home this evening! She too asked me out to lunch.” Seulgi informed exasperatedly.

 

“See?! And she succeeded in her mission! You’d become annoyed, had you not?” Yeri emphasized that her baseless theory was right.

 

“YES! I AM SO ANNOYED!” Seulgi talked louder.

 

“That’s why you need to calm your down, Unnie! Just stop arguing with her, okay? Just do what she wants you to do no matter how unreasonable it’d be.” Yeri reminded her; Yeri as her best friend and the same Yeri as her fortune teller.

 

“I promise, Yerimmie.”

 

“Good. Now we better rest, especially you since you’re tired today, Unnie.”

 

“Thank you so much for the advice, Yul. You are like the bestest best friend ever gifted from God to me.” Seulgi praised.

 

“Undoubtedly. Night, Seul Unnie!” Oh if only Yeri knew what her advice would cause Seulgi later; because she had told the poor innocent woman to do whatever she’s told by Seulgi’s boss; the very same Joohyun that she had bewitched.

---

 

The morning came too quickly and Seulgi didn’t even feel the excitement because she needed to pick up Irene. It was already 6 am but she was still lazily tossing and turning on her bed, didn’t feel like going to work today. Not long after, her phone rang and she already had an idea who the caller would be.

 

“Hello?” Seulgi answered still with the cracked voice since she just woke up.

 

“Morning, Boo! Pick me up early so we can have breakfast together at my apartment, okay?” Seulgi immediately sat up after hearing the nickname Irene just used on her. She might be raised and born in Korea but she knew about English lectures and if she’s not mistaken, boo was similar to honey… right?

 

“Morning, Mam. I don’t want to trouble you. I will just have my breakfast at home.” Seulgi politely declined. It didn’t count as challenging Irene, did it?

 

“But I want to cook for you. Boo. You didn’t eat my cooking yesterday and now you’re rejecting my offer.” Irene’s voice sounded sad and suddenly Seulgi was reminded of Yeri’s advice; that she must not heed Irene’s pleading no matter how nonsense it was.

 

“Okay then. I will be there in 40. Will it be okay for you?” Seulgi sighed and said yes at the request.

 

‘Anything to stop Irene from continuously annoying me. I need to get rid of her quickly so I could be with my Oppa anyway.’ Seulgi said in her mind.

 

“Yeay! I will be waiting for you then. Drive safely, Boo.” Irene kissed Seulgi from the phone and it made Seulgi wanted to vomit.

 

“What a way to annoy me, Irene.” Seulgi cursed after the line went dead. With a heavy heart, she got ready and went to Irene’s apartment.

 

“She texted me that her apartment number is 293.” Seulgi talked to herself as she was inside the elevator, going to the 8th floor. It was easy to find Irene’s apartment room because it’s exactly located 3 steps from the elevator. Seulgi pressed the bell and waited.

 

“Morning, Boo! You’re finally here!” Irene hugged Seulgi tightly and Irene’s Tom Ford perfume attacked Seulgi’s nostrils immediately. Her scent was nice, too nice actually. Seulgi quickly composed herself and withdrew her body away from Irene.

 

“Uhm yeah. Let’s have a speedy breakfast so we won’t be late.” Seulgi said. She led herself inside Irene’s apartment which by the way dominantly painted in pink color that it made Seulgi wanted to just close her eyes if possible. The color was not to her liking although she couldn’t say it out loud to Irene.

 

Irene then overtook Seulgi to guide her to the small dining table beside the kitchen area. The apartment room was spacious, more than enough to accommodate Irene alone. There were two bedrooms if Seulgi didn’t miscalculate and one toilet near the living room. There was a 50’ TV in the living room completed with three seated couch and two single coaches.

 

“You told me you loved Korean food.” Seulgi nodded.

 

“So I made Korean pancakes, seafood soup, and rice. I wanted to make you ribs but I don’t think I would have enough time to prepare it.” Irene said as she placed the soup in the bowl and gave it to Seulgi.

 

“You don’t really need to do this, Ma- Hyun. It’s not your responsibility to keep on preparing me meals.” Seulgi carefully said, observing whether Irene would take her words into a heart or not. After all, Yeri said that she must not make Irene annoyed or Irene would keep on bugging her endlessly.

 

“But I am worried if you don’t have enough food filling your sweet little tummy.” Irene’s answer made Seulgi puckered her face.

 

“My words loathed you, right? I am sorry. I tend to say things in my mind out loud without thinking about the impact it may affect the other party.” Irene softly said and again it made Seulgi felt so wrong. She might be able not to say hurtful words to Irene but she forgot to control her facial expression.

 

“Why do you keep on doing this? I am sorry I talked back to you before. I promise I will never do that again and I won’t submit my resignation letter to HRD before my one-month trial is over.” Unable to hold back anymore, Seulgi exclaimed, eyes looked at anywhere but Irene.

 

“Huh? What do you mean?” Irene asked back. She scooped the rice onto her spoon and brought it to Seulgi’s mouth.

 

“Say aah.” Irene ordered and Seulgi did as she was told. Next, Irene pinched the pancakes using a chopstick and again fed Seulgi.

 

“I can eat by myself you know.” Seulgi muttered lowly.

 

“I know but I want to feed you. There’s no one else but us anyway so you don’t have to worry.” Irene smiled sincerely and it made Seulgi didn’t have the heart to turn the offer down.

 

“I keep on thinking about what you said to me honestly.” Irene continued. She had informed Seulgi earlier that she had her breakfast before Seulgi came deliberately so she could just feed Seulgi later. Thus, she kept on talking while filing Seulgi’s stomach.

 

“That you wanted to resign and that’s okay to fire you.” Irene added. It confirmed that what Yeri said to her was true; that Irene was actually wanted to avenge Seulgi for what she had said to her boss. But, was it Irene’s real motive?

 

“It made me unable to sleep well for the past two days.” Seulgi clenched and unclenched her fist under the table. This was it! This was the moment where Irene would indirectly tell her that she would feel hell for talking that way to Irene days ago.

 

“I.. I am shy to say this actually. Is it okay to say this out loud to you?” Seulgi raised one of her eyebrows, thinking why she would feel shy to just say that she would get revenge.

 

“Go on, say it.” Seulgi is encouraged although she’s a bit scared of the outcome. What should she say to Irene if she honestly said that she wanted to avenge Seulgi?

 

“I keep on thinking what my life would be without you. It makes me restless and panics because I don’t think I can carry on with my life normally if you’re not in it. As cheesy as it may sound, my life has become colorful after you came into my life.” Seulgi frowned deeper.

 

‘What the heck?! Is she that mad at me that she didn’t even want me to leave her side? Am I that fun to play with? I never thought she could be this evil.’ Seulgi talked to herself inside her mind. Too bad she didn’t know what Irene really meant through her words. Both parties had misunderstood and that’s all thanks’ to Yeri.

 

“Can you not leave me, Seulgi? Even if I only can see you at work and I will be missing you like crazy during the weekend because I cannot meet you, it will be enough for me. I know I am far from being perfect; I am emotional, I am a perfectionist, I am assertive, and I am anything a lover doesn’t want in his/her life. But I want to change. I promise I will be better for you.” Irene’s statements now made Seulgi confused. She couldn’t decipher the real meaning of her words right now. She could with the previous statements, but these ones surely made her head dizzy.

 

“What is wrong with you, seriously?! I know I was wrong and I am okay if you want to continue torturing me for a month but come on. Don’t you think playing with my feelings is too much?!” Seulgi slapped Irene’s hand softly, didn’t want to have another spoon for she had already lost her appetite.

 

“I am not playing with your feelings, Seul! I… I truly like you.” Irene blushed, head bowed down and eyes staring at the unanimated floor.

 

“WHAT?!” Seulgi screamed for being too surprised.

 

“Was my words before not clear enough to express what I feel for you?” Irene nervously fidgeted with her fingers and looked up.

 

“It’s the first time I have these romantic feelings toward another woman you know. Usually, men will be the ones to court me, declaring his fondness of me but since we’re both women and you don’t show any signs that you’re interested in me, I took the initiative to be more aggressive. I am sorry!” Irene bowed down again and Seulgi rubbed her own eyes for she couldn’t believe she just saw tears dropped from Irene’s unseen eyes to the floor below.

 

“Are you out of your mind?” Seulgi tried not to be harsh but it’s difficult for her because, for her, it seemed that Irene’s acting was too good to be true that she became mad at her.

 

“That’s it. I am out of here. This is your car’s key. I shall meet you at work. Thank you for the meals.” Seulgi put the car’s key on the island and stood up. She walked to the front door, didn’t bother to look back again to ensure that her boss’ was okay.

 

“I know she is mad at me but to take it this far?! Come on! I thought you’re at least a good person outside of work but it turns out that you’re not. You’re the worst human being I have ever met!” Seulgi growled as she went out of the apartment building and walked to the nearby bus terminal.

 

Meanwhile, Seulgi was oblivious to Irene’s feelings. She had no idea that Seulgi’s words just now affected Irene so much that she couldn’t even move on from her spot and continuously crying on the same spot, the very spot where Seulgi left her. As the result, Irene called in sick and didn’t go to work that day.

---

 

The weekend came just like that. Seulgi deep inside felt guilty for what she did to Irene that it made her unable to go to work that day. Joy the HRD team member informed Seulgi that Irene wouldn’t come to work so she could feel at ease a bit for the day. She did and it made her finally could have lunch together with her crush, Jonghyun.

 

The guilt feelings were washed away when she had a dreamy lunch with the man of her wildest imagination. He elaborated on things she should know as procurement that would bring direct impact to the operation team members. He was very kind, too kind for Seulgi’s comfort that the woman was afraid that he had many women after her. Good things Seulgi had put him under a spell so she was sure he only had eyes for her.

 

He insisted to pay the meals and Seulgi couldn’t be happier to hear that. He was a gentleman after all and Seulgi didn’t make a mistake for choosing him as the man of her life. That day, there were only them; there’s no Joy or others that it made Seulgi’s mood bright and filled with rainbows. The fact that Irene didn’t even bother her at all made her life more beautiful if it’s even possible.

 

She spent her weekends at Yeri’s house, updating her about the ‘lunch date’ she had with her crush. Yeri was happy to hear it too because it meant that her spell worked amazingly. Seulgi spared the details about Irene because she knew it’d only make her mood darkened. Irene’s tears were artificial anyway or that’s what Seulgi thought.

 

Monday came too soon for Seulgi’s liking, moreover with the fact that Jonghyun didn’t contact her at all during Saturday and Sunday. Yeri told her that he’s a man and he needed to make a thorough plan first before aggressively courting Seulgi. Seulgi innocently believed Yeri’s baseless words and wanted to give him more time. Heck, she would even give him the time of her life if that’s what he needed to confess and finally asked her as his girlfriend.

 

“Pack up, Seulgi.” Joy suddenly came and ordered her while she’s typing on her laptop.

 

“Wh-what? Am I fired?” Seulgi’s voice was shaking.

 

“Stop exaggerating, newbie. You’re moved to Irene’s office room.” Joy informed.

 

“Huh? What do you mean?” Seulgi confusedly asked.

 

“Your boss told mine to ensure your movement by today. You will work inside her room starting today.” Joy explained longer.

 

“But why? Is my table gonna be used by others?” Seulgi asked for more info from Joy.

 

“Stop asking me questions I cannot answer. If you want to know why, you can ask it directly to your boss later. Now come on, I don’t have all day to wait for you.” Joy bent down and helped Seulgi unplug the cables. She then also tidied up Seulgi’s stationery and put it into the box she had prepared.

 

“Come on!” Joy said and brought her belongings away from her. Seulgi was still paralyzed, unable to believe what just happened. She blinked once, twice, and more but Joy still didn’t go back to her. Having no other options left, she brought her remaining stuff toward Irene’s office room.

 

“Excuse me.” Seulgi didn’t forget to knock before turning the door’s knob down and entered.

 

“Hello, Seul. Come in.” Irene smiled softly. Her face was still as pretty as usual but her eyes were slightly swollen. Seulgi tried to ignore it, thinking maybe it’s just her boss was a workaholic that she’s lack of sleep.

 

“I am sure Joy has told you that you’re gonna work here with me starting this day onward. I have prepared your table there.” Irene appointed the corner of her office room where there’s a new vacant table. It’s not as big as her real desk but what could she do about it anyway. Irene was her boss and she could do anything for her. Oh poor her and her fate around Irene.

 

“Why are you doing this?” Seulgi sighed as she started to set her stuff to her new table.

 

“Because I want to have eyes on you while you’re working.” The reply came almost immediately.

 

“I want to make sure you will learn like what I told you. I want to ensure you’re not gonna be distracted by other things” Irene added before Seulgi misunderstood her motive, even though the real reason should be kept hidden unless she wanted Seulgi to run away again from her.

 

“Or by other persons.” The last words came out quietly.

 

“But I can do it seamlessly at my desk too, Mam. You don’t really need to move me here just to ensure I won’t get distracted.” Seulgi argued.

 

“Are you questioning my decision?” Irene’s voice became firmer and Seulgi knew she must not answer her back again; remember what Yeri had told her or her life would be worse. Even today was the result of her careless actions to Irene 3 days ago when she left her while literally yelling at her.

 

“N-no.” Seulgi sighed. She then tried hard to keep shut while tidying her stuff and finally setting her laptop.

 

“I will go back to work then. “ Seulgi declared when she had finished. Irene glanced up and only nodded her head in agreement.

 

Seulgi was browsing for general responsibilities of procurement and common business process mapping when she felt eyes on her, it’s like someone was staring at her too closely that it made her uncomfortable. She looked up but Irene was reading an e-mail or at least it seemed so. She shrugged mentally and went back to her reading when she felt the same feelings of being glared at. This time she pretended she didn’t know but she made an uncaught movement and quickly looked up.

 

“Why are you staring at me?” Seulgi asked when she finally knew who the culprit was.

 

“I am not. I just glance at you every now and then to guarantee you’re not browsing something naughty or playing with your phones.” Irene lied.

 

Of course she was staring just to adore how beautiful Seulgi was; her long eyelashes, her button nose, her small yet full lips, and her flawless skin. Oh, added long dark brown hair would make Seulgi the most perfect creation of God; for Irene at least. She was after all blinded by the spell that she couldn’t think of anyone but Seulgi. Her heart would make melodious tempos when Seulgi was near. It was as if Seulgi’s existence was the only thing Irene needed in her life. Yes, it was that severe; the magic impact was that dangerous for Irene.

 

“I did not do such a thing. I haven’t even touched my phone since then and I didn’t try to open a funny website too.” Seulgi complained.

 

“Good then. Continue working.” Irene calmly said when in fact, her heart was beating loudly and her sanity wasn’t intact anymore. Oh how she wanted to touch Seulgi’s porcelain face, palpating her hand’s palm on Seulgi’s cheek, feeling her lips colliding against her.

 

“Why your face is red?” Seulgi asked when she saw Irene still kept on staring at her.

 

“Oh I am sorry. I was just thinking of something.” Irene pretended to be busy again and Seulgi thankfully didn’t try to dig up further.

---

 

Seulgi's first week working together inside Irene’s office room was okay because the woman, fortunately, didn’t do or say something funny at her. Honestly, there were times Seulgi felt Irene’s eyes on her but she tried to ignore it since asking Irene would mean talking about her and Seulgi just knew Irene was too smart for Seulgi that she would make reasons after reasons just to deny that she did that.

 

Seulgi, oh the poor and too innocent Seulgi still thought Irene disliked her that much which made Irene even made Seulgi moved into Irene’s office room because she wanted to torture her; making Seulgi worked under her direct supervision was already a torment but initiating Seulgi to work in the same room with her was totally excruciating. That’s why Seulgi didn’t want to pour more fuel onto Irene’s flaring fire.

 

But was it only Seulgi being too confident about herself or was it really Irene being weird because she never let Seulgi go out to lunch with anyone but her. The reasons were various too that Seulgi wasn’t sure if it was made out or it was the real reasons; lunch meeting with vendors, Irene wanted to test Seulgi’s knowledge after few days learning, Irene wanted to discuss a private matter related to her plan for the existing year, and the reasons continued until Seulgi had lost count.

 

Meanwhile, when the working hours had ended, Irene still forbade her to leave on time, saying Seulgi needed overtime so she could achieve the targets and again the excuses went on and on. Since Seulgi was kept on being reminded by Yeri to be obedient every time Seulgi poured her heart out to Yeri, Seulgi complied with Irene’s request to stay late, to have lunch together, and hopefully the odd requests would stop.. But, would it?

 

“Seulgi-ah, there’s sauce on your chin.” Irene said during their dinner. The reason tonight was Irene felt guilty for sending Seulgi late so she wanted to at least treat Seulgi to a good meal and she chose steak as their evening meal.

 

“Where?” Seulgi asked as she tried to rub the spot appointed by Irene.

 

“Here?” Seulgi pointed the left corner of her chin.

 

“You missed it. Here!” Irene pointed to her own chin to show Seulgi where the spot was.

 

“Here?” Seulgi tried again.

 

“No! Here, let me help you.” Irene sneakily had sauce on her right fingers and smeared it to Seulgi’s chin with her index finger while she then wiped it off using her thumb. Yes, there’s no sauce on there before but Irene pretended there was just so she could touch Seulgi’s face.

 

“Now it’s clean.” Irene her thumb with sauce from Seulgi’s chin and it made Seulgi blushed.

 

‘What the hell is she doing?’ Seulgi uttered inside her mind.

 

“Ugh why is this meat so hard to be cut? I purposely ordered medium rare so it’d be juicy but it’s so hard to slice it.” Irene grumbled while moving her knife forward and backward, pretending the meat was hard when she didn’t even add power to the knife to slice it.

 

“What’s wrong with your meat?” Seulgi automatically asked as a friend. Yes, she had grown to adapt to Irene’s moody mode. Somehow when they were still at working hours, Irene would be the same mean, rude, perfectionist Irene but when outside of working hours Irene would suddenly change into someone different; it’s like Irene had multiple personalities if Seulgi could casually assume.

 

“I cannot slice it, Seulgi-ah. I will just order a different meal.” Irene pouted, putting her saddest expression. She was waiting for the latter’s respond and was about to raise her hand to summon the waiter when…

 

“Let me do it for you.” Seulgi sighed. She knew she shouldn’t offer it but she didn’t have the heart to let it be.

 

“Won’t it trouble you?” Irene asked but she gave her plate to Seulgi.

 

“No, it’s okay.” Seulgi forced a smile. She then started to cut the meat but weirdly, it was so easy to slice the meat. Seulgi was infuriated because she knew she was being tricked again, for the umpteenth time by the same troublemaker, Irene.

 

“Here.” Seulgi gave her best effort not to rage at Irene. She kept telling her heart to calm down because they were in public. And just like that, the dinner was over, and as usual, Seulgi would drive Irene to her apartment first.

---

 

“What are you reading?” Irene asked Seulgi.

 

“A published journal about work-life by Diego Mirotic.” Seulgi nonchalantly replied.

 

“Wh-why are you reading that kind of journal in the daylight and moreover at work, Seul?!” Irene stood up, quickly lowering down the curtain, and approached Seulgi.

 

“Huh?” Seulgi innocently responded.

 

“ journal is not to be read at work. You can always come over to my apartment during a weekend or after work later so we can read it together or even try to practice what the book says about it.” Okay, Irene misheard or more like misunderstood Seulgi because the older woman’s face was now red.

 

“It’s MIROTIC MAM!” Seulgi said a bit louder.

 

“Oh okay.” Irene cleared and walked outside, leaving Seulgi.

 

“That’s weird.” Seulgi shook her head and go back to reading the journal.

---

 

Irene was using her blinding pink wireless headphone that she didn’t hear that her phone was ringing endlessly. Seulgi couldn’t concentrate studying because the ringtone was too disturbing; it’s like opera music which made Seulgi feel like Irene was 65 years old instead of 30.

 

“Why is she not bothering with her phone.” Seulgi protested but couldn’t be heard by the latter. Proactively, she picked up Irene’s phone and asked the other party to wait.

 

“Mam, you have a call.” Seulgi nudged Irene’s shoulder and finally the latter noticed something else aside of her laptop and headphone.

 

“Huh?” Irene put her headphone down.

 

“Lucy is on the line.” Seulgi informed again while showing Irene her phone.

 

“Omo! You’re so dirty, Seulgi-ah!” Irene ignored the phone, the other party was still waiting and Seulgi had a shocked expression.

 

“What’s so dirty about your friend’s name?” Seulgi whispered, afraid the person on the phone could hear their unproductive conversation.

 

“My friend’s name?! Oh My God! How could you say that shamelessly?!” Irene covered her face in embarrassment and Seulgi couldn’t comprehend what Irene was talking about. Better safe than sorry, she muted the phone so the other wouldn’t be able to hear it.

 

“What do you mean?” Seulgi curiously asked.

 

“ is on the line? Oh my!” Irene repeated what she assumed Seulgi said to her.

 

“Lucy! I said LUCY your friend is calling you.” Seulgi raised her volume and gave Irene’s phone to her.

 

“Oh Lucy? Why didn’t you tell me? I will pick it up outside.” Irene quickly went out of the room, the face was still red.

 

“What’s with her and her dirty thoughts lately?” Seulgi wondered. She put in mind to tell Yeri about it later.

---

 

“Oh you got a new headphone.” Irene initiated the conversation one day.

 

“Yep! I see you often hearing music through your headphone so I think why not I got one to for myself?” Seulgi looked up and smiled. By the second week, Seulgi’s treatment toward Irene had improved although not massively. She had considered Irene as her new friend and still strict superior at work.

 

It’s so hard to keep your defense when you met her 5 days a week and being inside the narrow spaces too with only Irene to talk to left her no other options but to befriending the latter. Irene was annoying when it came to working but witty and dirty outside of work. Seulgi wondered when this torture would end because as days passed, it seemed Irene couldn’t give her enough space to breathe. She kept on pestering her, pampering her with her so-called affections, and very possessive that no one could get close to Seulgi without her permission.

 

“It’s orange.” Irene’s face turned flat.

 

“Uhm so? It’s the only remaining left so I couldn’t choose the other colour.” Seulgi replied.

 

“What’s the brand?” Irene came to Seulgi’s table, wanting to observe the new headphone.

 

“Beats.”

 

“OMO! You should not talk about it at work!” Irene glared at Seulgi and Seulgi didn’t understand why.

 

“How can I turn it on?” Irene asked again. Seulgi ignored the ious statement and answered.

 

“You just need to punch the Beats button here.” Seulgi showed the small button near the volume setting.

 

“STOP IT ALREADY!” Irene raised her volume and Seulgi almost fell down from her chair.

 

“Wh-what?” The frightened woman asked carefully.

 

“You cannot touch my button here. It’s forbidden. But maybe if you can be a good employee today, I can let you do it inside the toilet cubicle.” Irene bent down her body and whispered inside Seulgi’s ear.

 

“YAH! I did not say such a thing! Ugh! I am so fed up with you and your dirty assumptions. I need to take a breather.” Seulgi got out from the room, leaving the blushing Irene.

---

 

Seulgi wished it’s merely the words that came out from Irene’s mouth that was dirty but her hope was crushed down like an aircraft which engines turned off suddenly while flying in the sky so it’s a freefall. Seulgi would have already yelled ‘MAYDAY MAYDAY’ if she could but she knew there’s no one to help her, not even Yeri.

 

Irene had become more vulgar and daring lately. She would grab Seulgi’s hand and clasp it tightly as they walked to Irene’s car. She would pretend her seatbelt stuck that Seulgi needed to help her just to have her cheek being kissed while she’s busy putting Irene’s seatbelt on. Worse, Irene one day looked pale and very sick that Wendy told Seulgi to drive her boss home. Seulgi did as she was told. She even let Irene rested her head on her shoulder as she was concentrating in driving the car slowly so she wouldn’t disturb Irene’s sleep.

 

"We’re here, Hyun-ah.” Seulgi woke Irene up.

 

“I am so weak, Seul. I don’t think I can make it to my apartment room. Just let me be for a while, okay? You don’t want to carry me to my apartment, do you?” Irene’s eyes stayed closed and her lips were almost white that it made Seulgi worried. Seulgi nodded her head and let the AC run. She waited for 10 minutes but Irene told her she needed more time to gain strength.

 

“Fine, I will carry you to your apartment.” Seulgi gave up because it seemed Irene would never finish gaining her strength and she ran out of patience.

 

Seulgi lifted Irene from her seat and directed the older woman to wrap her arms around Seulgi’s neck. Seulgi then put one hand under Irene’s knees while the other one under Irene’s back. She took a deep breath and started lifting Irene up.

 

“Will you be okay?” Irene asked worriedly, thinking that perhaps her prank was too far this time but Seulgi would surely drop Irene to the ground if she told Seulgi now.

 

“I am trying to be okay.” Seulgi breathlessly answered. They were already inside the elevator now. Seulgi rested her back to the wall so she could at least feel a bit ease and restraint her remaining energy.

 

“I am sorry you have to do this.” Irene said as she brought her head closer to Seulgi’s neck, inhaling Seulgi’s memorable and addicting smell. Yes maybe Seulgi didn’t use Tom Ford perfume but she loved Seulgi’s scent more than her own perfume. It made her crazy that she wanted to just kiss and nibble Seulgi’s neck.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?!!” Seulgi felt ticklish on her neck area so she looked down and how surprised she was when she saw Irene was biting on her neck. She felt her tongue coating her neck before softly biting the very same spot where her vein was located.

 

“S-stop it already!!” Seulgi tried to move around inside the elevator and wished they could arrive to the 8th floor already. Irene had gone too far this time because she had tainted Seulgi and even do sinful things that it made Seulgi feel good that she cursed out loud inside her mind.

 

“Quick, open the door!!” Irene left Seulgi’s neck only to unlock the door. Seulgi practically ran to Irene’s bedroom and throw Irene to the bed. Good thing the front door could automatically close and lock itself.

 

“I- I have to go home.” Seulgi who was still in her panic state informed the latter.

 

“Don’t you need to feel whether I have a fever or not?” Irene massaged her own head, pretending to have a headache.

 

“You can always call the doctor and wait for him instead.” Seulgi walked further, didn’t want to be too close to where Irene was at.

 

“Please check my temperature and if I have a fever, get me the aspirin and you can leave after.” Irene pleaded. She put her best sick expression, clearing and made a sound like was very dry.

 

“Fine but it’s the last time, okay?! No more funny business!” Seulgi warned. Irene smiled weakly and nodded her head.

 

Seulgi took the thermometer inside the drawer, as informed by Irene, and went back to the bed. She sat on the edge of the bed, giving enough space between and her Irene’s body. Irene took the initiative to her shirt until it was completely opened and left her only with her white tank top and black bra beneath it.

 

“Why are you undressing?” Seulgi complained.

 

“Because you will put the thermometer inside my armpit.” Irene innocently explained.

 

“Okay. Here I come.” Seulgi sighed. She lowered down her body with the thermometer gripped inside her palm. She instructed Irene to open up her arm a bit so she could put the thermometer inside it. She managed to do it and Irene didn’t do funny business as she promised or not yet at least. She was about to pull back after she had succeeded in putting the thermometer when she felt her face was pulled down and her lips landed on Irene’s lips.

 

Seulgi’s eyes went wide and she wanted to withdraw it as soon as she could but a hand suddenly wrapped around her neck and restraint her from moving her head up. Irene was kissing her! Irene tilted her head and pushed her lips onto Seulgi’s lips. Seulgi who couldn’t move just could pucker her lips so Irene couldn’t kiss her deeper.

 

Oh how wrong she was if she thought it’d be over in mere seconds because Irene was smarter and tried to open up Seulgi’s lips by pinching Seulgi’s waist with her free hand. It made Seulgi yelped in pain and triggered the lips to be opened up. Irene saw the chance and quickly deepened the kiss, putting her tongue inside Seulgi’s mouth. Seulgi let Irene do whatever she wanted to do because it’d be too rude if she pushed Irene when she’s being sick.

 

“I love you, Seulgi-ah.” Irene finally released Seulgi’s lips and those are the words that escaped from Irene’s mouth which made Seulgi even more surprised.

 

“What the-. I have to go home!” Seulgi swiftly got up and almost fell down as she ran away from Irene and her apartment building.

 

“That was crazy! She is crazy! I must tell Yeri about this!” Seulgi snarled.

 

“Her prank on me is too much. I cannot hold it and pretend it is okay anymore. I shall submit my resignation letter the first time in the morning tomorrow.” Seulgi rubbed her chest rapidly, telling it to calm down because, after the kiss, her heart was beating uncontrollably. She assumed it must be because Irene’s action before was too unpredictable to handle.

---

 

“Yeri you must help me!!” Seulgi frantically screamed to her phone. She immediately dialed Yeri’s number as soon as she reached home, didn’t bother to change her clothes or even have a glass of water first.

 

“What is it, Unnie? You sounded panic.”

 

“Because I am panic!!!” Seulgi yelled again.

 

“Ugh I can hear you loud and clear, buddy. No need to scream at my ears.” Yeri reminded and Seulgi apologized while lowering down her intonation.

 

“My boss went too far just now, Yeri! Please make her hate me so much that she will have me fired by tomorrow.” Seulgi begged her friend.

 

“What did she do, Unnie?” Yeri asked curiously and Seulgi contemplated whether she had to tell her every detail which happened just now.

 

“She kissed me!” Seulgi decided to just put the details into a short sentence.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“I know, right! If she wanted to annoy me that much then she has succeeded this time! I want to get out from the company already but I know I couldn’t if she didn’t sign my resignation letter.” Seulgi desperately said.

 

“So, what do you want me to do?” Yeri softly asked. She cared so much about her best friend and when she knew Seulgi’s boss pranked her too far, she just knew she needed to help Seulgi; it’s an emergency situation and only Yeri could help her.

 

“Make her hate me! Make her hate me so much she couldn’t even see my face roaming around the office so at the end she would just fire me.”

 

“I never have such a weird request, Unnie. Usually, people would ask me how to make another person fell in love with her/him but to make the other party hate you? I am not sure but I promise I will try my best. I will even ask my mother first how to do it so I won’t do it the wrong way.”

 

“But are you sure that it is what you really want?” Yeri had to ensure because just like how she made Seulgi’s crush bewitched and fell in love with Seulgi without his consent, the impact of making Seulgi’s boss hate Seulgi would severe too. Why? Simply because she was talented beyond words could describe or so Yeri thought.

 

“Yes!”

 

“Fine. What is her name?” Yeri grabbed the small notebook and the pen on the bedside table beside her bed. This time she was still sober and her energy was still full that she would write down the name carefully just so she wouldn’t target the wrong person.

 

“Joohyun.” Seulgi said. Yeri wrote the name and stopped halfway.

 

“Spell it.” Yeri instructed because she swore the name was very similar to Seulgi’s crush.

 

“J O O H Y U N” Seulgi spelled slowly. Yeri ignored the uncomfortable feelings tugging her heart.

 

‘Maybe their names are similar but at least they will have a different family names.’ Yeri told herself.

 

“Okay. What is her family name, Unnie?”

 

“B A E” Seulgi spelled it slowly again without being told this time.

 

“Can you repeat the full name, Unnie?” Yeri’s hands were sweating. To her dismay, Yeri still tried to compose herself. Maybe she misheard it. Yes, that must be it.

 

“Bae Joohyun.” Seulgi mentioned and Yeri was about to faint if not because of Seulgi calling her name again.

 

“Yerrimmie~ Yeri-ah, are you still there?” Seulgi spoke and Yeri blinked once, twice, again and again until she finally realized what mistakes she had done.

 

“What did she do again to you for the past two weeks, Unnie?” Yeri’s voice was calm but her hands were shaking. What mistakes had she done that night?

 

“She is so weird. If I didn’t know it better, I would have said she tried to flirt with me. She liked to touch me, holding my hands, resting her head on my shoulder, saying cheesy words like how declared her fondness of me and how her days were dark and black when it’s weekend because she couldn’t meet me.” Seulgi finally blurted out more information since she thought Yeri must need it to complete the magical preparation.

 

“What else?” Yeri tried to prolong the conversation while thinking what she should say to Seulgi letter; that she had bewitched the wrong person so it’s her boss that fell for Seulgi instead of her crush, Jonghyun.

 

“She often misheard my words like how I say Beats but she thought it was . I informed her that her friend, Lucy was on the line but she thought I said on the line. It is so weird, Yeri! She is so erted! I tried to understand and assumed it’s because she hasn’t slept with anyone for the past year but come on! Why would she with me instead with men?!” Seulgi snarled. Yeri had become more jittery by now because it was her who made that person like that; affecting her with her indestructible spell that she would always want to eat Seulgi ually after the spell took place for two long weeks.

 

“Uhm, have you ever thought that maybe it’s time to move on from Jonghyun and be with Joohyun Unnie instead?” Yeri tried her backup plan.

 

“What do you mean?” Seulgi’s voice sounded too serious that it made Yeri bit her tongue accidentally.

 

“Well since you’re trapped with her and there’s no way you could approach him under her supervision, why not falling in love with her instead?” Seulgi became suspicious, something was wrong with Yeri and her advice.

 

“Oh, now you are crazy too like her.”

 

“She’s crazily in love with you, Unnie. Don’t you feel pity for her? Perhaps that pity can eventually bloom into love in the future?” Yeri’s voice was soft but enough for Seulgi to hear it.

 

“Spill it, Yeri. What is wrong with you and your weird advice?”

 

“Uhm.. I just realized your crush has a similar name with your boss.” Yeri carefully said. Seulgi was quiet and Yeri was waiting. One second, two seconds, three seconds.

 

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO, YERI!!” Here it came; Seulgi’s rage.

 

“Uhm maybe I bewitched the wrong person?” Yeri’s voice was small but Seulgi could hear it clearly.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“You never told me about your boss’ name until now and your crush's name is Bae Joohyun while your boss’ name is totally similar. How could you expect me to-“

 

“Wait.. My crush’s name is KIM Jonghyun! And I remember I never managed to tell you his full name because you’re so confident you could do it well!” Seulgi emphasized and Yeri knew, she just knew she’s in deep trouble.

 

“Well, the milk has been spilled, Unnie.” Yeri awkwardly chuckled.

 

“You have to rectify it immediately! You must revert the magic this instant!!” Seulgi shouted. Good thing Yeri was not in front of her or she would have already hit the taller woman’s head by now.

 

The revelation just now always gave Seulgi a heart attack because it’s all made sense for her now. That’s why Irene kept on flirting with her and shamelessly invading her personal space too far such as kissing her cheek, holding her hand, and worst; kissing her lips. No wonder Irene could do that to her and it’s not because Irene wanted to annoy Seulgi. It’s because Irene was bewitched by Yeri that she fell in love with Seulgi.

 

Supposedly Seulgi’s face was inside Jonghyun’s head but it’s not happening. It was Irene who had become Yeri’s victim. Yeri missed the real target and let Irene to be responsible due to Yeri’s reckless actions. It concluded that it’s Irene’s heart that beat irregularly when Seulgi was around; it was inside Irene’s head that Seulgi’s face kept on appearing; it was Irene’s world that Seulgi had wrecked and Irene didn’t lie when she said Seulgi’s disappearance would make Irene feel lonely and sad. With that, Seulgi clasped her face.

 

“Break the spell, Yeri! Tonight. Yes, please do it tonight. I will ignore the fact that you had the wrong person to be targeted.” Seulgi begged and Yeri gulped. If only canceling the magic was that easy.

 

“I cannot do that, Unnie.” Yeri sighed.

 

“What? Why can’t you?” Seulgi grew to panic.

 

“There’s a condition to break off the spell, Unnie and since I thought I got the right person, I put a special condition to it.” Yeri hesitatingly said.

 

“Tell me the truth already! I will literally do anything to rectify your mistakes. Ugh!”

 

“You know the final goal of an intimate relationship, right? And as a woman, it’s normal if we want to get pregnant by the man we love, don’t we, Unnie?”

 

“Just go straight to the point. My head is already aching right now and you telling me clues are not helping at all.”

 

“Two bodies become one.” Yeri hinted again.

 

“You have to have an intimate session with her or in short.” Yeri added and Seulgi was fainted for real by now.

 

“Unnie?” Yeri called but no answer could be heard.

 

“SEULGI UNNIE? DON’T DIE ON ME!” Yeri frantically shouted but still, no response could be received.

---

 

Sorry for the long waiting time until I have updated the second chapter.. Lately, work is not too kind to me so yeah.. I think I shall prolong the WFH implementation. How about you guys? Already go back to your activities normally? Stay safe and healthy wherever you are though ^^

So, what do you think of this chapter? Hopefully still intriguing enough for you all to wait for the next chapter to be updated XD

Anyway, I am waiting for RV comeback. The rumor says it's gonna be in March~ I wish it's true!! I missed seeing them on stage :D

Thank you for reading and constructive comments & critics are welcome :)