Epilogue: 8 years later

In my Heart // Hwang Hyunjin

The sun peeked through the curtains, filling the room with warmth, Yohan was standing in the doorway, lovingly glancing at his fiance who was still fast asleep.

 

“Ah no matter how long we live together I really can’t help but think this is a dream,” he said to himself before walking over to the bed, he crouched down a bit and admired the boy’s face up close.

 

“Wakey wakey Jinnie” He sang softly as he caressed the boy’s cheek, the boy let out a small hum before slowly opening his eyes, they stared at one another for a bit.

 

“Why are you awake so early,” Hyunjin asked the boy.

 

“We have a reunion today, don't we~ our friends have been waiting to meet us for a long time, plus Channie hyung and Lixie came back yesterday so we can all hang out again,” Yohan told the boy, Hyunjin pouted a bit.

 

“Oh… but I wanted to cuddle for a bit,” he said in a whining tone.

 

“Jinnieeee we will cuddle once we get back, it will only take a few hours,” Yohan said as he softly placed a kiss on the tip of the boy’s nose.

 

“Hmm okay~”

 

“Come on, go wash up and get ready,” Yohan told the boy as he moved out of the way, Hyunjin let out a small huff and said a small fine before getting out of bed, he pouted a bit and grabbed clothes from the dresser before going into the bathroom and washed up, he brushed his teeth and made sure he looked presentable and walked out of the bathroom once he threw his pajamas into the hamper.

 

The two left soon after and went to the cafe they all agreed to meet up at, it was the weekend so it was quite busy but it was still they were happy to go meet their friends when they entered they found their friends already waiting for them.

 

“Yohan! Hyunjinnie!” they heard Felix’s bubbly voice as they got closer, the boy jumped up and almost immediately pulled the two into a hug, the couple smiled and happily hugged the boy back, they haven’t seen him or Chan for about three years.

 

“Welcome back Channie hyung and Lix,” The two said happily.

 

“Thank you~ and congratulations on getting engaged, I know I said it over video call last year but now I can finally say it in person,” Chan told the two who happily smiled and thanked him.

 

They all sat together and ordered food and drinks, it was only lunch so it wasn’t anything too heavy but they were just happy to meet up again with everyone.

 

“Hmm hyung how was it to be back home for three years?” Seungmin asked the boy,

 

“It was great plus I got to know my Lixie’s family really well~ and he got to meet mine,” The boy said with a big smile.

 

In 8 years a lot changed, Hyunjin got quite fond of Jeongin so when the boy transferred to their university he quickly became part of their group, Jeongin met Seungmin in the musical theater club and soon enough Seungmin joined as well.

 

Felix and Yohan also got quite close and naturally, they became good friends, causing their ever-growing friend group to get even better, when Felix met Chan the two clicked almost immediately especially because they were both from Australia and had a lot to bond over, so slowly Chan joined their group as well bringing his best friend Changbin with him.

 

And for Minho and Jisung… well those two were going as strong as ever, they got engaged 5 years ago and got married just before Chan and Felix left for work in Australia.

 

Changbin was the only single one among them all and he often threatened to leave them since he always felt like he was a 9th wheel but still he loved them a lot and couldn’t get himself to be away from them too long.

 

“Here’s your order’s” they heard a bubbly voice say, they looked towards the person and smile happily, the person had a very friendly and warm air around them, it almost made them feel like they were looking at the sun and somehow for Changbin even though they already got their order he couldn’t stop glancing at the sunny boy.

 

“Oh my” Chan said catching everyone’s attention, they all followed his gaze and found Changbin with a slight blush across his face.

 

“Oh my indeed,” Yohan said with a sweet smile.

 

“It seems soon Changbin hyung might not be single anymore,” Jeongin said teasingly.

 

Changbin didn’t respond to them he was in his own little world, where no one except the sunny boy existed.

 

Once their meal was over the friends parted ways and Yohan and Hyunjin went home hand in hand, when they got home they sat on the couch, Hyunjin’s dog Kkami joining them for cuddles.

 

“Do you think Changbin hyung will ever settle down?” Hyunjin asked Yohan.

 

“I’m not really sure, Changbin hyung dated a lot of people since we met him but hyung got hurt a lot didn’t he? People dated him because of how he looks intimidating and they expect his personality to reflect that as well but our hyung is very different from what he looks… maybe he will settle down… or well at least I hope he will find some happiness somewhere in this world” Yohan told Hyunjin and the boy nodded.

 

“I hope so as well” 

 

“Now let’s stop talking about hyung, let’s watch the movie,” Yohan said placing a kiss on Hyunjin’s temple, Hyunjin nodded and snuggled closer to Yohan.

 

They were happy and soon they would be able to get married and they would be able to spend their lives together happily, and maybe even start a family.