-5-

In my Heart // Hwang Hyunjin

When Hyunjin finally felt better he could finally return to practice, before he went to practice after his classes ended he stopped at the convenience shop next to his dorm and bought some snacks and drinks, he was originally going to buy some only for Yohan but then he remembered that Jisung usually stuck to Yohan like glue so he bought some for the boy as well.

 

When he got to the pool he was still a little early and no one was there, he smiled a little and took out a sticky note from his backpack, and wrote a little note for Yohan, he stuck it in the bag and then placed the bag on the bench where Yohan and Jisung usually sat and then went into the locker room to get ready for practice.

 

When he came out of the locker he was met with Yohan, who was busy preparing everything for practice, he walked out and tried not to give it much attention, he promised to give Yohan space and he really wanted to give him the space and time he needed to get through everything.

 

He started warming up, glancing towards the two friends from time to time as he waited for the rest of the team to show up.

 

Yohan and Jisung went to their bench and Yohan saw the bag was still there, he took the bag and opened it, he saw the note and carefully took it out of the bag.

 

{Thank you for taking care of me, here are some snacks as a thank you, and I hope we can talk soon, but I want you to take all the time you need so we can restart our friendship, I have so much I want to tell you but I can wait more before I tell you - Hyunjin} 

 

Yohan smiled a little when he read it, he opened the bag and saw that snacks and drinks were marked with a Y or a J. He smiled even more and took everything out and sorted them.

 

“Sung-ah here you go,” Yohan said, handing him his drink and snacks.

 

“Oh, Thank you Yo, when did you buy these?” Jisung asked him, Yohan smiled and shook his head a little.

 

“I didn’t buy them~ Hyunjin did,” Yohan told him as he opened the chocolate milk,

 

“Wait really? Is it okay to share with me then?” 

 

“Yep!~ he bought those for you” Jisung’s face basically lit up as he heard those words and he looked for Hyunjin and when he saw the boy fondly looking at Yohan it finally clicked, he almost laughed but he kept himself together and sent the boy a big smile while holding up the drink and snacks.

 

“Did you two make up?” Jisung asked as he opened his drink.

 

“Well… something like that, I went over to his dorm because of how sick he was and he had all our photos and stuff from when we were kids and I felt a little guilty, I didn’t even hear him out properly, and then the more I thought about it if he never said anything about it when we were kids I would’ve probably kept living with my parents and I would’ve been suffering and hiding who I was this whole time, so although what he did was unexpected I am really happy he did it,” Yohan said to his friend.

 

“So are you two restarting that friendship?”

 

“We will eventually, I just need to get used to it again, and I need to get used to not seeing him when I have bad memories of the past, he promised to give me some time to work through it, and then we'll talk again,” Yohan told him with a small smile.

 

“That’s great to hear, even just watching him from over here I can tell that you really mean a lot to him so don’t rush yourself too much because he needs you to be ready for him,” Jisung told him and Yohan nodded.

 

“Yeah, but I also don’t want to keep him waiting forever, I will try my best” Yohan said softly while looking at Hyunjin who was tying his hair back, ‘I definitely will get there soon Hyunnie so wait for me’ he said to himself