-8-

In my Heart // Hwang Hyunjin

When Yohan finally returned to school he hadn’t seen Hyunijn since he took care of him while he was sick and he hated it, he knew why the boy was avoiding him but he really didn’t want Hyunjin to avoid him, because that means he doesn’t even get the chance to tell Hyunjin how he felt.

 

When he got to the pool he saw Jisung talking with someone, he curiously walked over to greet his friend.

 

“YOHAAN” Jisung yelled the moment he saw Yohan, whoever he talked too long forgotten, the boy ran over to him and hugged him immediately.

 

“Hi Sung,” Yohan said, Jisung frowned a bit.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jisung said as he pulled the boy towards where he stood earlier.

 

“Oh… Hyunjin is avoiding me” Yohan said sadly.

 

“Ugh, that kid, no wonder he is so distracted,” the person Jisung spoke to early said, Yohan looked at him curiously.

 

“Oh Yo this is Minho hyung, uhm we started dating recently,” Jisung said shyly, Yohan smiled.

 

“Nice to meet you Minho hyung, can I ask what you meant with Hyunjin being distracted?”

 

“Hmm after he went to take care of you Hyunjin has been really distracted, he can’t focus in class or during practice, he is constantly in trouble because of it,” Minho told him, Yohan nodded a bit.

 

“Hyung can you maybe do me a favor, I really need to talk to him but he keeps avoiding me, can you maybe try and keep him in the practice room until I get there? I will ask my dad to excuse me for today once I’m done helping Jisung set everything up” Yohan asked and the older nodded with a big smile.

 

“Yeah no problem, anything just to get him out of the funk he is in,” Minho said happily.

 

The three split up Jisung and Yohan went to set everything up and Yohan spoke to his dad to get out of it early, and Minho went to conspire with Felix before Hyunjin showed up.

 

When Hyunjin showed up to practice they practiced a bit but soon took a break when Minho got a message from Jisung saying that Yohan was going to leave soon, so he looked at Felix and nodded.

 

“I’m going to get some drinks,” Felix said standing up.

 

“I’ll come with you, I want to get Jisung some snacks and something to drink,” Minho said, Hyunjin just shook his head.

 

“Hyung aren’t you a bit too in love?” he asked with a small smile and Minho shook his head.

 

“Never, anyway were going, you on the other hand need to run through your choreography again because you made a lot of mistakes,” Minho told him as he and Felix left, they waited a bit and when Hyunjin started his music again they quickly locked the door, they let out a small breath and quickly went to hide until Yohan showed up.

 

It only took a few minutes but Yohan soon arrived, Minho handed him the key and gave him an encouraging smile, Felix also cheered the boy on, neither really knew what they were going to talk about but they had a small idea of what it could be but in the end, it was all speculation.

 

Yohan took a deep breath before quietly unlocking the door and walking in and locked the door again so Hyunjin could run away, he hid the key in his pocket and walked more into the room.

 

“Hyunjin,” he said loudly, making his presence known, Hyunjin was so surprised he almost fell over his own feet, when he got his balance back he just stared at Yohan for a bit and slowly blinked.

 

“Yohan,” Hyunjin said softly, “What brings you here?” Hyunjin asked the boy innocently.

 

“I want to talk to you but you keep avoiding me and it’s getting really frustrating,” Yohan told him, Hyunjin didn’t know what to say, it was never meant to hurt Yohan he just needed to get over Yohan so they could keep their friendship.

 

“I’m not avoiding you, I am just really busy with this,” Hyunjin said.

 

“Hyunjin,” Yohan said as he started walking towards Hyunjin, Hyunjin took a few steps back until his back was against the wall.

 

“I know why you’re avoiding me,” Yohan said seriously, he was tired, he just wanted Hyunjin back no matter what.

 

“Y-You know? But you were asleep, how do you know” Hyunjin said slightly panicked.

 

“I wasn’t asleep, my body was just really heavy that speaking and moving was literally impossible but believe me I really wish you said that when I wasn’t sick, because then I could give you a proper reply”

 

“I didn’t want to get rejected, I am trying to get over you so don’t worry,” Hyunjin told him, but Yohan could tell the boy was sad just uttering those words.

 

“I don’t want you to get over me,” Yohan yelled, taking Hyunjin by surprise.

 

“Dammit, you’re my first love you idiot, back in middle school when we met, I started liking you back then, but then with everything that happened I couldn’t even tell you that but then we met again, I thought those feelings were gone but then the more we hung out the harder it was to actually suppress them and then you go and confess to me and now you avoid me and tell me you will get over me, have you ever thought how I felt about you,” Yohan asked the last part softly.

 

Hyunjin was taken aback, he just assumed since Yohan hated him so much when they first met that the boy really didn’t like him at all, but he never really expected the boy to confess to him.

 

“Yohan, you don’t have to say this for my sake, I promise you I will be okay” Hyunjin with a small smile, he didn’t want to believe it, it just seemed too impossible. Hyunjin could hear Yohan sigh and the boy started getting closer to him.

 

Yohan looked at him for a bit before he kissed him suddenly, Hyunjin was surprised but somehow he still responded to the kiss.

 

Yohan broke the kiss, “I’m not saying it for your sake, I really do love you Hyunjin, so, please… Stop avoiding me” Hyunjin nodded a bit, still out of breath and surprised.

 

“This isn’t a dream right?” he asked softly, Yohan shook his head and leaned forward, “If it was a dream I wouldn’t be able to do this,” he said in a hushed tone before kissing Hyunjin again.

 

They were so focused on one another neither realized that the door opened or the sound of disgust that came from the people who just entered.

 

“Okay, Okay… I can see you two made up and all that but can you please not one another’s lungs out? This is still school property and I still have to practice here” Minho said with his eyes closed.

 

The two broke their kiss and looked behind them seeing Minho and Felix standing there, Minho with his eyes closed and Felix looking anywhere but them.

 

“I locked the door though,” Yohan said.

 

“AND I HAVE A SPARE, WHAT ELSE WOULD I DO IF YOU TWO KILLED ONE ANOTHER IN HERE” Minho yelled.

 

Hyunjin and Yohan started laughing, “I’ll pick you up once your practice is done so let me know,” Yohan said, placing one last kiss on Hyunjin’s lips before leaving the room, saying a small sorry as he passed the other two.

 

Hyunjin got teased for the rest of practice and Yohan who returned to the pool quickly got everyone’s attention with how smiley he was, eventually he himself got teased a lot because everyone knew something was up between him and Hyunjin, and seeing how he returned happily they knew something good happened.

 

When Hyunjin’s practice was over he went to the pool, knowing well enough that the team was still training, he entered the building and happily walked over to Yohan and took a seat.

 

“Oh, you’re done? I thought I told you to let me know when you’re done” Yohan said in a pouty tone.

 

“Hmmm I wanted to see you but I also didn’t want you to walk all the way to the practice room just to come to get me~ so instead I came to pick you up,” Hyunjin said with a big smile.

 

“Then… when this is over let’s go get dinner together and go to an arcade” Yohan suggested and Hyunjin happily agreed.

 

“Great then it’s a date,” Yohan said with a big smile, Hyunjin flushed a bit but happily nodded, it was their first date of many to come.