Ending Scene

Ending Scene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You rocked your 5 months old child to sleep in the rocking chair that he had bought for you when you just found out you were pregnant. You loved the rocking chair and would always sleep in it whenever you waited for him to come home after work. 

"This one please." He pointed to the big rocking chair that he had you try out. He decided to buy it after you told him it was so soft you'd probably want to sleep on it.

"Jungkook, we don't need this. At least not yet." You tugged on his hand that was tightly wrapped around your's as the employee nodded and proceeded to the back to grab one in stock. You were working when he came up to you and said there was an important meeting that both of you needed to attend. Scared you might have missed something in the schedule, you grabbed your coat without question only to find out what he was intending to do. 

"Babe, you need to be comfortable. There's still so much more we need. I don't want you to be uncomfortable, not with our precious angel on the way." He said with his round doe eyes shining with nothing but love. Love for you and his unborn child. You couldn't help but smile and shake your head.

"There's still 8 months left until this one comes out." You replied with a pout. You didn't think there was any need to buy things so early but he insisted. He found your pout adoring and leaned down to give you a quick kiss.

"I love you." He whispered against your lips and only broke apart when the employee gave an awkward cough causing you blush.

Now sitting in the rocking chair that still is so soft, but with an aching heart. You looked up at the clock that was hung on the wall in front of you. 1am. He was late, again. 

"Sorry baby. Daddy's late again. He'll put you to sleep another day." You whispered as you looked down and gave a soft kiss to your child's head. Gently, you stood up and carefully carried your child into his crib. You made sure he was comfortable and was still sound asleep before walking out of the room and into the kitchen where dinner was still set. 

You packed up your foods but left his alongside with a note before retreating into your shared bedroom. He came home at 3am and you knew because you weren't fully asleep. You could never really sleep without him, without him wrapping his arms around you and keeping you close. You heard him in the kitchen and thought he was going to eat only to hear it being packed up and placed back into the fridge.

You felt the bed dip and felt his presence beside you. He peered over to your side to see if you were asleep. You felt him give you a quick kiss and laid back down with his arms thrown around you pulling you close. It should feel familar, but why doesn't it? Why does it feel so different? 

"I'm sorry." He whispered against the back of your head, his voice so small and quiet anyone would have missed it but you heard it clearly. It was ringing in your ears. Why was he sorry? 

Thing slowly changed between the two of you, you barely saw him. He would leave before you woke up and come back when you're asleep. The odd times, you'd attend your child in the early mornings to only realize he wasn't even home yet.

Cooking for two slowly turned into cooking for one. Text messages and calls throughout the days were now only to check on the child. You were drifting apart and you knew it, but the reason for it became unknown until one day.

Jungkook's mother has seen you put all your effort into taking care of your child and she wanted to help. Offering to take him for the week so that you can rest properly was a life saver. You took this chance to try to get closer to Jungkook, practically springing out of bed after a good nap, you rushed to get his dinner ready. According to his father, he was expected to stay in the office to finish off the acquisition contract before the meeting the next morning. 

With a racing heart, you cooked all his favourite foods knowing he probably hasn't had any nutritious meals in a while since you were both busy; you parenting and him being a CEO.

Walking towards his new secretary that has took your place since you took maternity leave, she looked thoroughly surprised. "Is my fiance in?" You asked her with a gentle smile. 

"Jungkook is currently in a meeting." She answered. Jungkook. She called him by his name, the only person in the office that was allowed to call him by his name was you. You swallowed back the nervousness you felt and nodded at her before walking passed her towards his office.

"He told me, no one is suppose to enter his office unless he's there." She called making your grip on the door loosen. Turning towards her you just smiled, "I'm his fiance. I'm not just no one." 

Closing the door behind you, you gasped for air. You didn't know you were holding your breath until now. Gripping his lunchbox in hand, you ran your tongue along your dried up lips. When had your lips become so chapped? 

You made your way over to his desk and left his lunchbox on his messy desk. "Always told you to organize your desk...how do you even find things under here?" You whispered with a chuckle and automatically walked over to clean it. You stopped when you noticed the photo that was on his desk staring back at you. You picked up the photo, it was your son. He replaced your engagement photo with the photo he took of his son. You gently ran your fingers over the photo, rubbing against the glass. 

"Look over here Jeonwoo ah!" Jungkook tried getting him to look towards him so he can snap a photo but Jeonwoo only had eyes for his mother at the moment. "Jeonwoo ah...baby look at daddy. Please?" He pleaded making you giggle as you rocked your baby on your rocking chair.

"Jeonwoo ah, daddy's over there." You pointed to Jungkook who was kneeling in front of you. Jeonwoo seemed to listen and turned his head slightly and glanced at his dad before giving him a small smile.

"Goal!" He yelled when he was able to snap the photo with the small smile. Startled, Jeonwoo started to cry, making Jungkook freeze in his spot and his smile dropped. "Baby...was daddy too loud?" Jungkook whispered as he patted Jeonwoo's belly. "Sorry." He cooed and it seemed to soothe him; you both stared at him with all the love.

You were surprised when he lifted your chin up and gave you a kiss. Pulling back he grinned and cupped your cheek with his hand. "Thank you babe. You gave me the best present I could ever ask for." You leaned in and gave him another kiss. "I love you...so much." He pecked you again a couple of times, each time saying "I love you." 

Placing the photo back, you contined cleaning. He kept his documents the same way and so it was easy for you to organize it for him. Kneeling down to put the last papers into the drawer you noticed a lunchbox hidden underneath his desk. Curious you ducked down and picked it up, it wasn't a lunchbox from your household. Your heart was pounding a bit faster, maybe it was a post hormonal thing but as you opened it, you breath was caught in your throat. 

"I made this for you, make sure to eat it while you work. Heart, T." The note had read but it wasn't the note that caught your heart to tug, but the content in it.

It was a perfect made meal, heart shaped eggs with intitials JK. You quickly closed the lid and put it back where you had found it and straightened up before Jungkook walked back in. He was so focused on what he was reading, he hadn't noticed you until you walked over. 

"W--What are you doing here?" He asked surprised.

"I--I brought you some lunch." You answered as calmly as you did. 

"What about Jeonwoo?" He asked while nodding eyeing the lunchbox you had set on his desk.

"Mother took him. She's gave me a week to myself. He's actually coming home tomorrow." That was a lie, he wasn't suppose to be home until another 2 days but you just wanted him back. You needed your child to calm the state you were currently in.

He took a seat and carefully eyed you before proceeding to take out your lunch boxes. "Wow, you didn't have to cook me so much." He said in awe setting boxes after boxes next to each other. 

"I don't know if you had been eating properly so I figured I'd cook to apologize for not doing my part as your fiance." Fiance. That tasted bitter in your mouth all of a sudden. "I'll head back home now, so that you can eat and do your work. I heard from father that you're having a meeting tomorrow. Mind if I sit in with you before going to pick up Jeonwoo in the afternoon?" He was taken aback but nonetheless agreed.

"Why don't you eat with me?" He suggested and that caught you off guard. You thought you'd take this chance to try to rekindle your missed times together; hoping you were wrong with every feeling you were getting. You sat down in front of him as he handed you the fork while he used his chopstick. You took it with a heavy heart; he used to feed you whenever you ate together at the office.

"Ahh" He said as he held up a piece of spicy pork in front of your face. You happily opened your mouth for him as he fed you and when you were chewing, he'd stare with literal hearts in his eyes.

"Is something on my face?" You'd ask and he'd shake his head. Chewing with a bit of a pout he would steal kisses in between. "We'll never get back to work at this rate if you keep kissing me every time you feed me." 

"I'd kiss you all day if I could." He would tease and you would reach over to slap his arm playfully.

The smiles, laughs and giggles were still so vivid in your mind but the smile that was once on his face was no where to be seen. He would ask you why you weren't eating and you would respond saying you were getting full but in reality you couldn't stomach anything.

You cleaned up his empty boxes and got ready to leave. "I'll be home really late today." He said as you walked out of his office. You nodded and before stepping fully out, you turned to him with a smile. "I love you Jungkook." You meant every word you said and as you stared at him waiting for him to respond, you felt it. 

"Me too." He said with a smile of his own that didn't reach his eyes. As you stared at him biting back the tears that were dying to appear, you knew he didn't. He didn't love you anymore. You felt it in your stomach as it churned and your heart ached. You forced yourself to smile and nod back and closed the door behind you. 

Quickly wiping the tears that had thankfully escaped when you were out of sight, you turned to look at his office. His secretary was holding documents in her hand with a huge smile and hearts in her eyes, smoothing her hair and outfit out before knocking on the door. She looked so much like you when you first started working together. You knew how she felt, because you too were like her when you first fell in love with Jungkook. 

That thought must have triggered something as you felt nauseous. Slightly gagging you covered your mouth and ran to the washroom. Hovering over the toilet, you vomited nothing but liquid. It was when you wiped your mouth and reached over to flush the toilet was when you knew Jungkook didn't love you anymore. An orange petal. Tiger Lily. 

You finally cried, the dam has now been broken. You cried and cried, knowing the washroom you were in was a single one and in an area where no one goes to. Only after getting a call from Jungkook's mother caused you to bite back another sob. 

"Is everything okay sweetie?" She asked. 

"Y-yes mother." You said trying hard not to let a sob come out.

"Why is Jungkook asking me to drop off Jeonwoo at the office? Didn't I say I'd take him for the week so you can rest?" 

"I--I just miss Jeonwoo mother. I don't think I can part from him longer than I thought I could." You were surprised how you managed to answer in a long sentence. 

"Aw honey," She giggled. "That's a mother for you. I know exactly what you are feeling.." She went on and on and all you could do was just give short yes's and no's. Only did you tell her you were tired, did she end the call.

That night you slept in Jeonwoo's room, on the rocking chair; with no more tears left to cry. The next day you were in the meeting room with Jungkook, seated at the back of the room wanting to support him after so long. But between his glances towards you, you knew he felt uncomfortable because in that same room, his heart was beginning to beat for someone else.

"Do you know anyone that has Hanahaki?" You asked one day at the cafe your friend, Namjoon owned.

"Hanahaki? The unrequited love disease?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and you nodded turning her head towards Jeonwoo who was sleeping soundly in his car seat next to you.

"I know a friend that had it back in university," 

"What happened? Did he...survive?" You asked trying to not spark any suspicion knowing Namjoon, he won't let it slide.

"He did actually. He took the surgery."

"Surgery? He didn't care if he lost his feeling of love?" 

"Mhmm. He said there was no chance of him falling out of love and she was getting married so there went the other option." Namjoon took a sip of his coffee before continuing. "He doesn't remember anything about her. As for love, he's learning to love again although they say it's a rare occurance." 

"If you had it, what would you do?" You asked carefully observing his expression.

"I think I would do exactly like my friend did. Surgery if everything else doesn't work." He said leaning back into his seat and looked over at a sleeping Jeonwoo but soon his eyes shot up to you. "Why do you ask? Someone you know suffering from Hanahaki?" He asked leaning forward again.

"N-no...I just wanted to know that's all." You responded not looking at his eyes. Namjoon wasn't buying that answer and shifted again, you glanced at him as you saw him furrow his eyebrows and his lips. 

"You're lying." He said deadpanned. "Your habit when you lie is not looking straight into their eyes. Now tell me, what is going on?" He was serious and you were fiddling. Your best friend knew you well enough to know your ways of expressing yourself.

"I--I have it." You closed your eyes and took a deep breath before opening to see him.

His eyes were wide, his face had gone pale. "W-what do you mean you have it? Why would you have it when you're with Jungkook? Are you in love with someone else?" You shook your head, "Then why would you--" He stopped and his lips were shut tight in a line. "Jungkook...It's Jungkook isn't it?" He was getting upset and angry. The chair screeched against the floor as he stood up, you knew where he wanted to go. But you grabbed his arm before he left. 

"Please..." You begged. He looked down at you as you looked up at him with tears in your eyes. "Don't. It's not his fault."

"Damn yeah it's his fault! If he loved you, you wouldn't have it!" He shouted and Jeonwoo stirred in his car seat, pouting and face scrunching up from the shock. You quickly picked him up before he can cry and he wimpered against your chest. Namjoon ran his hand through his hair before placing both hands on his hips. 

"It's both of our faults...or maybe mine. If I didn't love him as much as I do, maybe this wouldn't have happened but what can I do Namjoon? I love him so much and it hurts me even more to know he won't be happy with me. That pain is much worse than having Hanahaki. I don't mind having it if it meant for him to be happy." You said as you rocked Jeonwoo in your arms as tears gently rolled down your cheeks.

"Then...let's get you cured. Let's get you to the doctors right now and get that damn disease looked at." He said before gently pulling you up and walking you out to his vehicle after letting his staff know he's taking the rest of the day off.

The doctor he took you to was Dr. Jung Hoseok. He was the one that operated on Namjoon's friend, Yoongi. "How much are you coughing lately?" He asked as he spun his chair to face you.

"I---" You muttered and the doctor looked at you worried.

"You've been coughing a lot haven't you?" Couldn't bring yourself to answer, you resulted to nodding. "1 to 2 petals each time?" You shook your head. "around 5?" You nodded and Namjoon cursed next to you. "ing Jungkook." Reaching out to grip onto your bestfriend's arm, he looked at you and you gave him a small smile to reassure him you were okay.

"Miss, I believe you're in stage two of the disease. If your feelings for him diminishes, you'll be okay. If his feelings for the other person grows, you'll be in danger." Dr. Jung explained and you nodded. You knew this, you researched it but hearing it from the doctor, it felt more real.

"Let's do the surgery." Namjoon spoke out after staying quiet. You stared at him and back at the doctor. 

"That would be a choice for you miss. It's the safest choice to take, your life will be saved." Dr. Jung explained.

"But...but that means--"

"You'll lose your emotion of love, feeling... and forget your partner of interest completely." He said slowly as he completed your sentenced.

"I won't do it." You responded making Namjoon tilt his head in frustration. 

"Come on, this is the only way to save your life!" He reasoned.

"No, I won't do it. I have Jeonwoo, I can't lose my memories of Jungkook or Jeonwoo. I can't." You pleaded with Namjoon. He wasn't convinced and you pushed, "I can move away, I'll take Jeonwoo and move somewhere he won't find me. I can fall out of love with him; if he can, so can I!" You knew that wasn't true, it was impossible for you and you know it but you were desperate to convince Namjoon and the doctor. 

"Think about it miss before you see me in the next check up." 

You cried as you slept with Jeonwoo that night, you wanted to so badly tell Jungkook what you were going through but a part of you knew you'd only get him to stay beside you due to guilt and responsibility. You couldn't do that to him and so after kissing your son and drying up the last of your tears, you came to a decision.

"Let's cancel our wedding." You said with a confident voice that you had practiced over and over in front of the mirror when he wasn't home and at work. 

"What?" He said as he stopped eating and looked at you through tired eyes. You knew he was tired of hiding his feelings, you knew he was tired of lying to you, you knew he was tired from work, stress. Maybe if you let him go, his doe eyes will shine again like it used it. 

"I said, let's stop this wedding." You repeated, voice weakening and you hoped he wouldn't ask you to repeat it again or you'd break. Before he could say anything else, your child's cries were heard, indicating he had woken up and was hungry. Quietly, you moved your chair back and stood up from your seating place. The food sitting in front of you no longer looked appetizing and the nauseousness was starting to appear. Swallowing to keep whatever contents that were in your stomach at bay, you turned around to attend your crying child. 

"Why? You were looking forward to this wedding but because of our child, we had to postpone it. So why?" He asked and you could feel his stare burn your back. You could tell he was afraid of the answer, afraid that he'd find out you knew.

"I don't love you anymore." You answered him. You took what he couldn't tell you and fed it to him, to make him let you go with ease. And so he did, you met up with your parents and both told them you two couldn't keep the wedding and they were devasted. You told them you didn't love him anymore and ended the conversation with that when he also wanted to tell his side. 

Jeonwoo was placed in your care and Jungkook would provide financial support every month. You also allowed him to see Jeonwoo whenever he wanted to and even allowed him to spend time with his son so they can keep their close bond. Jeonwoo was now 15 months and you were sitting with Tiffany, his now girlfriend, while he chased Jeonwoo around the park. 

"I'm sorry." Tiffany apologized and made you turn to look at her. "For?" You asked.

"For everything. I really wasn't expecting to fall for Jungkook but I couldn't help it." She answered and you smiled at her, "I know. He is a good man." You said as you turned to look at Jungkook who held Jeonwoo in his arms as he chased bubbles that other kids blew around them.

"I'm so sorry that because of me, things had to end up this way. I broke up a family and I really didn't inten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter