8

Aces

 

 

Needless to say, Park Chaeyoung turned out to be very dramatic and very clingy. Nayeon had gone to get the babies while Sana stayed behind to make brunch and wait for the Sons, and it was proving to be a nightmare to get their friend to let go of their pets. It started with Sana messaging her and informing Nayeon would go and get them, which was answered with an animated ‘no’. Then the older woman arrived and got the door slammed on her face once the woman inside saw her. Now, under the threats of kicking the door in, Chaeyoung was holding both pets close and sobbing about their departure.

 

“C’mon, Chae. Just let me take them home.”

 

“NO!”

 

“You can visit them again.” 

 

“No, they are mini versions of you and Sana and I’m keeping them.”

 

“Look, I know they are great babies.” Nayeon tried with her most patient voice. “But they are our babies. It’s time they go home to us now.”

 

“But you two have each other, and I’ll be here alone after they are gone.” The taller woman was sobbing again.

 

“Tell you what.” Nayeon gets a brilliant idea. “How about Sana and I take you to the next adoption fair and you can get your own companion?”

 

“You promise?” Chaeyoung asks like a child.

 

“We will even pay for the adoption papers. But I have to take Zaki and Snowball with me now.”

 

“Okay.” The agreement was quiet and teary.

 

“Alright! Now come and give me a hug.”

 

Nayeon opens her arms and her friend runs into them immediately. The couple feared this might happen, they knew how much their friend loved animals, hence their choice in guardian, but they also knew she just needed a girlfriend. Chaeyoung had dated a few years back, and only entertained little toys here and there, but all just for fun, and she was too affectionate of a person to not have someone to direct it to in her life. They agree to go to the next adoption fair, which will be taking place two weeks from there, according to Nayeon’s calendar. 

 

Once the korean arrived back home, she saw her sister’s car parked out front, and she headed inside with a bounce in her step. Zaki and Snowball were fidgeting until Nayeon opened the bunny’s cage and released the puppy’s leash, then they just darted inside and started exploring each and every corner of the house like they hadn’t been there for years, but they were very domestic animals, she understood their eagerness. Jihyo and Chaeyoung’s voices were accompanied by Sana’s giggles at the kitchen, so that’s where she headed, giving her wife a kiss on her cheek before hugging the other two.

 

“How are you girls this morning?” The older sister asks as she takes a seat.

 

“We are fine. Sana was telling us how you got a rib cracked by a sheep.” The younger sister informed.

 

“And how you both spent the night at the ER and missed your dinner reservations.” The smallest one adds.

 

“In my defence, I did absolutely nothing to provoke that sheep, the farmer said so himself.”

 

“That is actually true and I hadn’t gotten to that part yet.” Sana ponders. “But yeah, the farm owner called us the next morning asking how she was, and he said that one sheep kept attacking people unprovoked, so they were putting it down, but he was very worried about Yeonnie, since she took the blow unprepared.”

 

“What do you mean unprepared?” Chaeyoung questions. “Nobody is really prepared for a sheep attack.”

 

“You know when you see you are about to take a blow and kind of brace yourself to try and minimize the damage? Well, that sheep kind of came from the back and I was bending to pet another one.” Nayeon explains. “So I got hit straight on and I wasn’t even standing that firmly.”

 

Both Jihyo and Chaeyoung make a hissing sound, followed by an expression of pain as they hear how ugly the accident must have been.

 

“Yeah, so Yeonnie spent the last four days of our trip on painkillers.” Sana concludes. “Now, everyone grab something and we’ll head to the living room.”

 

Nayeon goes to fix the pets’ bowls before joining the others, she comes with the thermos of hot chocolate and finds everyone already settled, so she just sits beside her wife and tries to mold the pillow to support her back against the couch better. The japanese, as the ever caring person she is, helps and even folds the couch blanket to try and support Nayeon’s back better. Jihyo and Chaeyoung get worried seeing the eldest really got hurt and, as always, has a smile on her face as she promises she’s fine.

 

“You sure you should be moving like that?” Jihyo can’t help but ask.

 

“Honestly, not really.” Nayeon admits sheepishly. “But we kind of want to talk to you two and it’s not like it’s broken but it does hurt.”

 

“Don’t bother.” Sana cuts in, seeing the protests rising. “I’ve tried everything and she still refuses to just remain laying down and resting.”

 

“Fine.” The younger sister agrees. “Now, how was the trip. We also want photos.”

 

“Sacchan, how about you show the photos on the tv?” Nayeon suggests.

 

They go through all the pictures on both phones, telling stories and incidents about all of them. Once the pictures on their phones end, Sana places the wedding album on the table, the other couple looks at it a bit lost, neither really processing what they were looking at. It had a deep green cover with golden filigree and just ‘Minatozaki’ written in front.

 

“Is this-” Jihyo starts, looking from one woman to the other.

 

“You two-” Chaeyoung tries too.

 

“This is already funnier than with your parents, I gotta say.” Nayeon laughs.

 

“Oh, shush.” Sana playfully scolds and opens the album on the first page. “We kind of escaped to have a wedding just the two of us.”

 

“Before either one of you says anything, Sana had always wanted this kind of wedding, and after the headache you two went through for yours, I got the idea and planned the getaway.” Nayeon uses her big sis, no-nonsense voice.

 

“Okay, fine.” The younger sister gives up.

 

“Only because you said Sacchan wanted it.” The smallest one agrees.

 

The japanese giggles. “Nayeonnie managed to put together a whole ceremony and a honeymoon trip in like, a week. She’s a genius at these things!”

 

“A talent I didn’t know I had myself.” Nayeon looks very smug about it, as she should.

 

“So you planned this beautiful ceremony and that awesome trip on your own and within a week?” Jihyo never thought her sister could put all this together so well in such little time.

 

“And why didn’t any of you say something?” Chae complains.

 

“Well, we did want to elope and the whole idea is to do it in secret, no?” Nayeon argues.

 

“And dad took Yeonnie’s suggestion, and we are all going to Osaka at the end of the year and make another wedding album with everyone.” Sana cuts in. “So you two make sure you have december free because we are already going home.”

 

“Will do.” Jihyo smiles. “Now, let’s take a look at this wedding of yours.”

 

They proceed to look through the pictures, Sana has seen it a few times already, but she still gets a bit choked whenever she opens it again. This wonderful woman sitting beside her loved her so much and knew her so well that she gave her the best wedding she could have ever dreamed of without even having to ask anything. They went to a beautiful country and had wonderful experiences and Sana just loved Nayeon so much more at each thing the woman did for her that she didn’t know how her heart managed all that on it’s own.

 

“I have to say, I’m highkey envious of your wedding.” Chaeyoung said once they finished the album.

 

Nayeon and Chaeyoung had watery eyes, Sana was letting her tears fall softly and Jihyo was full on crying. 

 

“I would have loved to be there.” Jihyo says, doesn’t mean anything bad at that, just a little disappointment.

 

“I know, sweetheart.” Nayeon coos at her little sister. “But this was just for the two of us. We’ll have another celebration soon, okay?!” 

 

Jihyo just nods, cuddling up to her sister and letting herself be pampered as they did when big events happened.

 

“I want cuddles too.” Chaeyoung complains.

 

The other three laugh, and Sana opens her arms, only for the younger woman to jump into them right away. They talk more about the whole secret wedding thing, both couples regrouping, when Chaeyoung, the ever tactless little she is, brought up something Jihyo had also been itching to ask but was sensible enough to not bring it up.

 

“But if Nayeon got hurt, how did the honeymoon work?”

 

“The what?” The couple asks, honestly not understanding.

 

“I mean, sure you already live together for a while now, but no matter how much of a surprise our visits are, we never seem to catch you two after doing the nasty.” The shortest woman continues.

 

“Oh.” The couple says together again.

 

“I mean, I was also curious.” Jihyo decides to just risk it. “I mean, Yeonnie caught Chae and I in bed more times than I can count, and her visits were always announced. Yet, you two are always just cutely cuddling.”

 

“I haven’t even seen you smack lips at all!”

 

“Well, about that…” Sana tries to find the words to say anything.

 

“We don’t, actually.” Nayeon offers.

 

“You don’t what?” Jihyo asks, trying to piece things together.

 

“We don’t do any of that, actually.” The japanese elaborates.

 

“You don’t?” Chaeyoung is also trying to understand.

 

“Neither of us really have ual desires.” The eldest decides to speak more about the matter, it seemed like the other couple had been really curious. “We love each other but there is nothing physical about it. Don’t get me wrong, Sana is beautiful and I love being able to show her off, but I don’t feel like ing her brains out at all.”

 

“Neither do I, for the matter. I also love showing Nayeon off, but there is absolutely no will to ravish her. And kissing is just something we don’t really feel like doing a lot either. You saw in our album that we do kiss from time to time, but it’s just another form of showing affection, kissing her cheeks mean the same thing, so we usually do that instead.”

 

“Wait, you both don’t get intimate at all?” Jihyo is thoroughly surprised.

 

“There are many ways of being intimate.” The psychologist in the couple kicks in. “Sana and I do a lot if not most of those things.”

 

“ is just one way of connecting as a couple, we don’t take part in it, but it doesn’t make us less of a couple. I understand it’s not the easiest thing to come to terms with, but if you and Chaeyoung want to try and experience how things work for us, we can guide you through a short experience.”

 

“Who knows, it might do a lot of good to your relationship.” The eldest chimes in. “Just think about it. But know that I love Sana with all my heart, and not wanting to exchange bodily fluids with her will never diminish that.”

 

“Alright, we’ll talk about it.” Jihyo agrees. “Maybe we’ll need that guidance to understand it a little better, but I’m very happy you both understand each other so well. And I’ll go down with this ship, no matter what.”

 

They all laugh wholeheartedly, the younger sister always had a talent to make the mood lighter. Then Chaeyoung blurts something that makes them laugh even more.

 

“Alright, now feed me again, you aces!”