3

Aces

 

 

Now that Nayeon had mentioned adapting or rebuilding her house, they had moved to Sana’s and started discussing what to do and how to approach Joohyun and talk to her about being the architect working on it. The woman might seem meek and delicate, but she was known to be the devil once the helmet was on her head and the builders started working. The perfect choice, if the couple was being honest, they wanted everything fitted to their needs, and Nayeon was thinking about a dance studio for herself, she did practice at the club, but she wanted her own space to come up with new routines more freely. 

 

It had been a few days since dinner with the Parks, and tall Chaeyoung and Joohyun made it a point to pressure Nayeon into setting a meeting between them and Jihyo. Sana said they would go out on friday to Vesuvius and party to their heart’s content. Nayeon saw the mischief in her girlfriend's eyes and just played along. 

 

“Isn’t Vesuvius like, insanely expensive and very exclusive?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

In all fairness, it was.

 

“Don’t worry, Yeonnie will take care of everything.” Sana chirped. “You two just have to be at the door by eight and dressed to impress.”

 

“I never said I’m doing all the work!” Nayeon fake complained, not that the other two would know.

 

“Hush.” Sana pecks her cheek. “You just call and get everything ready and we’ll show up.”

 

“Fine.” The older Park huffs to fulfill her part.

 

“Well, Nayeonnie.” Chae slings an arm across her friend’s shoulder. “I’ll just wish you luck and be very grateful that you are treating us all.”

 

“I never said-”

 

“I hear there are private booths there, try and get us one. And thank you for treating us.” Joohyun adds, just for the sake of it.

 

Sana giggles and Nayeon just nods resigned. It was an act from the couple, but the other two wouldn’t know until friday anyways. They leave it at that, Nayeon having to head to work, she just got a call about a fight at the entrance and the deputy was waiting to talk to her. Sana sends her off and says she would leave dinner for her at the counter. They had been through their schedules, and Sana understood that Nayeon would have to leave in the middle of the night sometimes, other times she would go to the club with her and hang out at the office. Nayeon’s office overlooked the entire floor, big mirrored windows that gave the boss a perfect view of everything happening below. 

 

Sana’s workshop was very impressive as well, she had taken Nayeon there once they knew what each other did for a living and declared she would be making her fiance a new performance costume. The end product fit Nayeon like a glove, leather so soft it felt like nothing against her skin, and the older girl asked if Sana could, at least, adjust the dancers’ costumes as well. Sana happily agreed, she even said to the girls that she would be more than happy to make them new costumes, only charging for the materials and then she got all of Nayeon’s crew as clients. The japanese wouldn’t complain, though, they would be the best portfolio she could ask for.

 

Nayeon hadn’t put her costume to use yet, she had asked if Sana wanted a private show, but was told that her stage presence and the hold she had while performing was the real treat, so they held it off for a future special occasion. This friday felt like the best chance to show it off, and Sana suggested Nayeon danced when the girls arrived, you know, for the shock value and the looks on their faces, and the older agreed it would be great. Also because she couldn’t deny Sana of anything, but that’s besides the point. 

 

The time came and Nayeon had told her staff about her and Sana’s game plan, they were all overjoyed at the prospect of seeing their boss dancing again and knowing the costume was fully made by Sana, everyone was giddy to, finally, see it in action. Sana, having demanded they were included on the group chat, sent everyone a message saying she was waiting just outside for them. Jihyo and Chaeyoung were the first one to arrive, despite everything, neither had ever been to Nayeon’s club, once there, Sana told them they hadn’t told their friends this was Nayeon’s club yet, and the two agreed to keep the surprise. Joohyun and Park Chae didn’t take much longer to arrive.

 

“Sacchan?” Joohyun asks.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Where’s Nay?”

 

“Oh, she’s waiting inside. I’m just here to get you girls.” The bubbly lady answers.

 

“Then take us inside already!” Tall Chaeyoung demands excitedly.

 

“Follow me, then!” She turns and heads straight to the door, strutting past the line and earning the usual stink eye. “Hey Matt! These ladies are mine and Nay’s guests!” She greets the guard animatedly, then gets closer to whisper. “The little couple are Jihyo and Chaeyoung.”

 

“Well, I’ll pass the word around.” He whispers back and pulls the chain to allow the group in.

 

It was obvious who the couple was, as Jihyo and Chaeyoung had latched onto each others’ arm and didn’t look like they wanted to let go. All the girls went from impressed to slack-jawed once they were met with the interior, it was impressive and extremely refined, nothing anyone that had never been would imagine at all. Sana giggled and proceeded to guide them to Nayeon’s booth, not mentioning anything and just allowing the girls to be amazed by her fiance’s work. She did shoot Nayeon a message as soon as she started guiding them inside. Jae was their security that night, he was fun, but Sana liked Dowoon’s humor better. 

 

“So, where’s Nay?” Jihyo asked.

 

“I’m sure she is around here somewhere.” Sana offers vaguely. “Just enjoy the food and drinks?”

 

Vivi had already set up an impressive display, per the boss’ request, she had served them while Sana was outside, and it’s not like anyone had any chances of accessing the booth anyway. The group kept looking around, until small Chae gasped.

 

“Is that-”

 

“That’s governor Choi and the lady with her face buried in the dancer’s chest is his wife, yes.” Sana was used to this, it was common for people of power to attend, this was one of the few places they could let go safely. “And put that thing away, it’s not allowed in here at all.”

 

The japanese points to a very clear and stern sign warning patrons that filming, photographing or any other kind of recording was expressly prohibited inside the establishment. If there was something Nayeon took seriously, it was the privacy of her patrons, and no matter who you were, you would be kicked out on the spot if caught breaking the rules, then escorted by the police to the station where a criminal charge would be placed against you.

 

“But-” Tall Chaeyoung begins to complain.

 

“No buts, privacy in here is taken very seriously, regardless of who you think you are.”

 

“Never thought you would be such a stickler for rules.” The scolded woman tries to tease.

 

“I’m just giving you a chance to walk out of here without being escorted and without a criminal record.”

 

“A what?” Joohyun blurted.

 

Chaeyoung and Jihyo were just very amused about what was happening, and they liked knowing how Sana was so adamant about protecting Nayeon, even though it was perfectly clear that she didn’t need to at all. The japanese was just ever more endearing.

 

“If you get caught breaking the rules, a police officer will be waiting for you outside to take you to the precinct and make you a shiny new criminal charge.”

 

“I think we’ll be leaving our phones in our purses.” Joohyun says to end the subject.

 

As they were putting their phones away, Nayeon’s lights came on, the patrons all started cheering and the girls walking around wrapped up their activities and made their way to one of the empty booths to watch the show. The one exception to the no recording rule had been given to Seungwan, she would be streaming the boss’ show to the employees who couldn’t stop their activities. The guys at the door did stop letting people in to watch, though, and the kitchen team had it being shown on the tv they had in there. Everyone else was just waiting to get the air ripped from their lungs.

 

Jihyo did notice the small commotion, but she just chalked it up to some big performer who was about to enter the stage. Oh, the surprise on her face when she found out it was her sister. Nayeon had come up with a new routine to go with her new costume, once they had moved, Sana had insisted on installing a pole in her workshop so the older girl could practice, it ended up being for the best, as Sana had been able to adjust the costume to the pole and keep it from ripping or hurting Nayeon. It also came in handy when the other girls came to get fitted and the artisan could get a real understanding of the adjustments she would have to make.

 

Every single person watching had been entranced, Sana was too, but she also managed to look around, proud of her girl for being able to get everyone in the palm of her hand once she put on her stage persona. Jihyo was extremely impressed with her sister. Due to mr and mrs Park’s rejection of their eldest, Jihyo had been under close watch and couldn’t really have checked how Nayeon’s business was doing at all. The Parks knew the eldest daughter became successful, but all of this Jihyo was witnessing was beyond any expectations she could have. Now she saw perfectly how her sister had made such a strong name for herself, this skill Nayeon had to perform and demand everyone’s attention was something the older woman had developed on her own and excelled in it perfectly.

 

Once the show was over, honestly too quick for everyone’s liking, despite having lasted for fifteen minutes, Sana got giggly and very excited about her companions’ reactions. She knew they would be surprised but didn’t expect they would be that surprised. Nayeon had left the stage and proceeded to change so she could join the group, she decided to just go ahead and take a quick shower, the lights were always too hot and she preferred to not be sweaty for the rest of the evening. Once she got back to her booth, however, the girls exploded in excitement, bewilderment and surprise, Sana had just declared they should wait for her and the others proceeded to chug their drinks. Noone could blame them for being thirsty, except for Jihyo, that is. Jihyo was just amazed.

 

“So, you are taking care of the girls alright?” Nayeon asks Sana, who was at the edge of the couch.

 

“Oh, they’ve just been enjoying the spread while we waited for you.” The japanese giggles and makes room for her fiance to sit.

 

“How was it that you were just on stage?” Park Chaeyoung is the first to ask.

 

“Better yet, what are the chances or you and Sana accepting me into your relationship?” Joohyun cuts in.

 

“Not a single chance, sorry.” Nayeon answers. “But I’m glad to know you girls enjoyed it.”

 

“I’m really proud of you, you know.” Jihyo offers with a loving and fond smile.

 

“Thanks, Ji. It’s good to hear.”

 

“A little more context?” Tall Chae intervenes.

 

“Oh, I forget you girls don’t know.” Nayeon smirks. “I hope you are finding my humble business to your liking.”

 

Small Chae and Jihyo laugh, Sana just keeps giggling, and the two girls are stunned. They let out a surprised ‘what’ but don’t manage much more than that. Sure, they said Nayeon would be treating them, but for her to turn out as the owner was something else entirely. 

 

“So, Sana is a gold digger?” Joohyun pokes.

 

“Oh, if anyone is a gold digger in this relationship it’s me. She is secretly rich.”

 

“I’m not that rich. Just above-average.” Sana shrugs.

 

“And what do you do, exactly?” Tall Chae asks.

 

“You saw Yeonnie wearing it on stage.”

 

“You made that?”

“I want something like that too!” 

 

Is what they answer. Sana just giggles and the group falls into easy conversation. Jihyo was observing how Nayeon’s crew worked like a well oiled machine, she felt her heart warming at everything her big sister had built on her own, this was Nayeon’s hard work that clearly impressed everyone who came to visit. Their parents might have shut the girl out, but she shoved it on their faces that she could make it on her own. And Now Jihyo had decided she would let her sister do whatever she wanted at her wedding, no matter what their parents said.