7

Aces

 

 

The trip was fairly tiring, but the couple finally arrived in Dublin, their trip across the island for their wedding location would have to wait for the next day. Nayeon had done a really good job, scheduling someone to take them to their hotel, finding a nice place for their stay and even looking up the train schedule ahead of time because she knew Sana loved traveling on tem and they could take the time to enjoy the coastline and countryside while they were moving. It was nice, and both were still very tired and it would be better for none of them to attempt to drive at all.

 

Their lodge was beautiful, it was a little ways away from the city center but it was a one story building that looked alot like some department store, but the interior was almost stereotypically irish, and Sana loved every minute of it. Nayeon knew her too well, this was perfect, and they could relax a lot, being away from all the city noise, but still close enough that a quick taxi ride could take them to the exciting part. There was also a bar at the lodge, manned by a cute gentleman who looked right at home behind the counter, Nayeon theorised it was really a leprechaun and the more Sana looked at and talked to the old man the more she believed it.

 

The couple spent their first evening enjoying the local cuisine and fully trusting their friendly bartender to decide their drinks for them. Once neither of our girls could manage another sip of their drinks, they dragged themselves to their room and plopped in bed, unable to even wash up before they were sleeping. It was nice for both to be able to just relax and not think at all, just do things they feel like, simply because they felt like it. They would have to go and find dresses the next morning, the ceremony would be the day after, Nayeon planned it so they would have a couple of days of honeymoon after getting married before they headed to japan.

 

“This is beautiful!” Sana exclaimed once they started walking around the castle grounds.

 

“I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I’m sorry we couldn’t get St Mary’s, but in such short notice I couldn’t get a spot.”

 

“I’m glad you didn’t, the castle looks more fun and our wedding pictures will be just magical. Plus, neither of us really follows anything, why would we get married in a church?”

 

“Good point, then maybe we should get some medieval dresses instead? Make it a little more themed then we intended?”

 

“Don’t you know me so well?! How about fairy-ish dresses?”

 

“Anything you want, love. Just stop halting at every idea and we’ll get to the shop so you can choose.”

 

“Mean.” Sana whines but quickens her steps.

 

Both made their way to the dress shop and the ladies were just as excited as Sana about everything, Nayeon left for a while to talk to the photographer about the ceremony the next day. The office was two doors down from the dress sho, and it wasn’t like everything wasn’t already settled, but the korean wanted to do a last check on everything, the young man was glad that she did, he went through the fine details again, gave Nayeon the final schedule for the pictures and the finer details about the location. Once she got back to the shop, Sana had already settled everything about dresses, headband makeup, so both could make their way to the castle office to review their booking.

 

The woman at the reception was very nice and looked as excited as they were about everything. They would be having their ceremony at the library (it was beautiful and had a staircase that would look amazing in the pictures) and Nayeon had reserved the garden for a photoshoot as well, a government representative would be officializing everything and they would be getting married in the early morning, because that was when the light was hitting the top of the stairs. Plus, the morning light in the garden would look great during the morning hours. Sana asked if they could get a tour and see the locations and mrs Pierce (the lady at the office) was more than ready to guide them herself, it seemed not many people got married there instead of the church right beside it.

 

Sana suggested they rent a car that afternoon, as they were staying a little far and needed to be early the next day. Nayeon agreed, and they also decided to keep it for the rest of the trip, dropping it at the airport on their way back. The ceremony was rather fast, it was just the legal procedure with the representative giving a short but lovely speech, the photoshoot was also really fun, and the japanese was happy that her wife (the squeals about the word won’t die down anytime soon) thought about all of this. Honestly, they didn’t need all the fancy halls and pompous guests, but this was all Sana could ever dream of. The physical album would be done in five days, the day they would head back to  Dublin and board the plane to Japan.

 

Their little vacation started after that, they visited more castles, did the Harry Potter tour, then the Game of thrones tour, went hiking, visited more pubs, even went to a sheep farm and tried their hand at shearing for the first time. It was loads of fun, a little tiring with cramming so much together, but fun regardless. The very last day was dedicated to lazing around and doing absolutely nothing, both women tired from everything and knowing the drive back the next day would take a lot of both, they did agree to share the wheel, but still. Nayeon called the photographer that evening, confirming they could get the album and the digital photos.

 

“What are you thinking about?” The older woman asked, going back to the chaise they had been sharing.

 

“I’m thinking about how great this whole eloping thing was and how it all turned out so much better than I could ever imagine. And how I love you and I also love that you made all this last minute effort to get me something special when we could just as easily go to vegas and get married in a drive thru.”

 

“I only did the best for you. You know I love you too much to get married in a drive thru.” The dancer protested.

 

“I know, and I’m so happy you decided to do this. I didn’t know I wanted it until we had it, and now I’m so happy we did.”

 

“That’s all I wanted. For you to be happy with me.”

 

Their way back to the capital and their flight to London was nice, but Sana’s playlist got them distracted throughout, once there, however, both women were, once again, reminded why they hated Heathrow. Once they did suffer through that horrible place (I hate that airport, sue me), they found themselves in front of the boarding gate, munching on some sandwiches and having their coffee, they wanted to keep themselves awake until they board their flight.

 

“We should eat a bit faster.” Nayeon comments as she checks the boarding times.

 

“But the Seoul gate hasn’t even been announced yet!” Sana says, checking for herself.

 

“We are boarding the flight to Osaka, though?” The older woman asks innocently.

 

“WE- a- ho-”

 

“I thought you would like to visit your parents before we get back home. Maybe tell them about the wedding and show them the pictures?”

 

“Park Nayeon!” The japanese start scolding.

 

“Who? There’s only Minatozaki Nayeon now.” She gives her best puppy eyes.

 

“I love you so much!” Is all Sana says before crushing her wife into a bear hug.

 

Nayeon laughs heartily, but ushers her wife to eat her food, the boarding time for their flight was ten minutes away by now and she knew the woman was a slow eater. Finally boarding, both women could relax, it would be a long way until they landed and sleeping while cuddling was very tempting right then. Incredibly, the couple was woken up by the plane landing, Nayeon was very bummed about missing the in-flight meals, Sana just grumbled a little and told her wife to be quiet so she could sleep a bit more until they could leave.

 

Mrs Minatozaki was waiting for them at the airport. The woman looked very happy about their arrival, it was nice to see her daughter for more than a couple of hours. Sana was visibly happy as well, at the wedding they couldn’t talk that much and things were very tense because of the day’s incidents. It would be great to spend some quality time with her parents in a light mood and not worrying about anything else. Plus, she got her beautiful wedding album to show them and her wonderful wife beside her as well. 

 

“Welcome, dear.” Mrs Minatozaki greeted and hugged her daughter. “You come here too.” The woman ordered Nayeon, who was left behind with the luggage.

 

“It’s great to see you, mom!” Sana says, looping her arm with her mother’s and heading out.

 

Mrs Minatozaki looked back at the other girl, but was just waved off with a smile. Nayeon followed dutifully with their bags. Mr Minatozaki had been waiting with the car so he could drive around to pick them up at the entrance. There was another family hug before they headed out. Dinner was already halfway when they arrived, mr Minatozaki was too excited and couldn’t help himself. He slapped Nayeon’s hand away when she went to get the bags and told her to head inside, Sana said they would shower to take away the travel grime and they would be down right after. Mrs Minatozaki said they should just take their time and headed to the kitchen, showing the girls and her husband up.

 

“Do you want to go in first?” Nayeon offered once they were alone.

 

“How about you get our clothes while I shower and I get our creams while you do?”

 

“Sounds like a plan. Now, get moving, I want to be fed.”

 

Rolling her eyes, Sana grabs a towel and gets in the shower, she comes out to some cute couple pajamas she knew her wife loved. They come down with the album and a lot of stories to tell, but the smell of Sana’s childhood favorite dishes was too enticing and telling stories was always better with a full belly too. It was great, the korean followed the family around with the warmest smile on her face, and before long, they found themselves in the living room, enjoying some nice colombian coffee they found at the airport shop and wanted to bring back to the japanese parents. Sana insisted on getting some for Jihyo and Chaeyoung, as well as themselves, and a smaller version for their friends. 

 

“Mom, dad, we kind of have something to tell you.” Sana says sheepishly. 

 

“You did make an album, right?” Mr Minatozaki asks Nayeon.

 

“Of course I did!” The korean answers enthusiastically.

 

“Wait, you knew?” The surprise is evident for the artisan.

 

“Nayeon called us right after your ceremony, she sent the picture of you signing the papers beside her and told us all about it.” Mrs Minatozaki explains smiling. “It looked beautiful, darling.”

 

“Wait, you two aren’t mad about it?” 

 

“Not at all, sweetheart. You always told us that you wanted something like that and once we saw how Nayeon’s sister's wedding went, we were very happy she took you away from all of that and gave you something you would like, even without knowing.”

 

“Wait, you really didn’t know anything about my dream wedding, did you?!” Sana seems to have just realised it.

 

“I know you, and that was enough to know what to do. Even though your mom told me you really wanted to get married at the Sumiyohi Taisha.” Nayeon explains lovingly. “But we can come back for christmas and have another photoshoot there, with Hyo and Chae and your parents.”

 

“That actually sounds like a great plan, I’ll take care of everything, you two just show up when I tell you to.” Mr Minatozaki decides animatedly.

 

They all laughed and held that joyous mood for the rest of the quick visit, mr and mrs Minatozaki loved the album and the photos they took, and said they would be taking their next vacation among the leprechauns as well. Going home was bittersweet, they wanted to stay longer, but since they already had a trip decided for christmas, they could stay longer then. Plus, both needed to start fixing their documents and getting everything in order after their wedding, Nayeon needed to re-print her documents with her new name as well.

 

Back home, Chaeyoung (the short one) picked them up, she looked a lot more tanned and very happy for the time of evening. The couple was also very happy to see her. Nayeon may like to pretend she is a big grumpy, but everyone knows she loves her sister-in-law. As expected, Sana left her wife behind with their luggage and ran for hugs, not that the wife wasn’t happy to take care of their bags at all. They were taken to Chaeyoung and Jihyo’s house, the younger sister had been preparing dinner while she waited for them to arrive. It was great because the couple would either get take out or just go to sleep without proper dinner.

 

“You two are back!” Jihyo greeted and grabbed the couple in a tight hug.

 

“It’s great to see you too, Hyo.” Sana grunted.

 

“Also, can we breathe?” Nayeon begged.

 

“Oh, right, sorry about that. Now, you both sit at the table and wait a bit, dinner is ready.”

 

“Just go along, she’s been excited since she woke up.” Chaeyoung whispered as she followed her wife.

 

They did as they were told, and waited. True to her word, Jihyo and Chaeyoung brought out the food right away.

 

“So, how are the Sons doing?” Nayeon asked once they started eating.

 

“Oh, so you finally accepted it’s Son?” Chae mocked.

 

“I can’t hold on to Park forever. Some things are meant to be left behind.” The eldest fake cried.

 

“Stop being so dramatic, we both know you won’t keep Park as well.” Jihyo chuckles.

 

“Oh, she really didn’t.” Sana says so nonchalantly that it doesn’t register right away.

 

Since Nayeon had told her parents, Sana got to tell Jihyo and Chaeyoung. 

 

“And how was your short trip?” The younger sister asked.

 

“It was great! But we can go through the pictures tomorrow, mom and dad didn’t let us sleep before we told them about each and every place we went to and it felt like we had just blinked before we had to wake up.” Sana whined.

 

“Also, papa Minatozaki was way too excited about planning a getaway for them and I ended up telling him all about the technical side of the trip.” Nayeon yawns.

 

“I’ll take meeting again tomorrow.” Chaeyoung shrugged. “You two look like you need some twelve hours of sleep.”

 

“Chae is right, you both look like you are about to sleep where you stand if we stop talking.”

 

“Like I said, mom and dad got excited. And we hadn’t slept that well before that because there was a really problematic couple in the flight.”

 

“I really thought she was going to kill him and we would have to make an emergency landing because there was a dead body on board.” Nayeon reminices.

 

“Ok, now I HAVE to know about that!” Jihyo, always the curious one, demanded.

 

“Let’s make a deal.” The older sister suggests. “We’ll tell the plane story now, then Chae can take us home and we’ll tomorrow for brunch at our place and tell you the rest.”

 

“DEAL!” The Sons scream excitedly.

 

It was a story about a couple that had been arguing since Nayeon and Sana had taken their place near the gate, the girl had been on about some other woman she had caught with the guy in their hotel room. The gossiper spirit took over and the newlyweds decided to pay as much attention as they could. The guy was arguing that they were on a trip to let loose and try to take of some of the stress on their relationship, the woman reminded him that finding new people on their bed was exactly the problem and he kept insisting it was just some vacation . The girl decided they were getting divorced as soon as they got back home and he was trying to get that out of her head.

 

During the flight, they only paid attention during the first hour, then a flight attendant came over and changed the guy’s seat and everything calmed down. But while it was still going on, the girl showed herself to be holding quite some hatred towards the guy, and she also made it clear that she already knew exactly how to dismember him and get rid of the body and never get caught. That part was what prompted the change of seats, nobody needed a dead body on board, but nobody would stop the woman if she decided she had enough also. After the tale, the Minatozakis wobbled their way to the car and neither really knew how they managed to get to their bed.