003

Break Free

 

Wheels touched the ground as the plane landed. You looked out the window with wide eyes, excited to be back home after 2 years.


"Relax jumpy we'll leave the plane soon." A deep voice chuckled behind you.

You rolled your eyes and faced him. "You know what, I don't need you here. I can do just fine myself, Joon."

"Oh please, you wish." Your cousin scoffed. "And that's oppa to you! Be more respectful." He shook his head.

"But my parents aren't around!" You whined. You didn't like the honorific term but used it in front of your parents since they were traditional.

"Well it's a society rule now." Namjoon smiled teasingly.

"Jerk." You muttered unbuckling your seatbelt.

Soon you were off the plane and on the road to your new abode.

"Do you want to get your school stuff now?" Namjoon asked as he looked at the road.

"Sure." You shrugged.

It was morning now and you'd slept the whole day on the flight over. Who knew the States were so far?

You and Namjoon ran all the necessary errands before finally making it home. You brought your stuff into his house and towards your room. Most of your boxes sent over were already there, stacked in the corner, ready for you to unpack.

"Are you going to school tomorrow?" Namjoon leaned on the doorpost.

You turned to him. "Yeah. I shouldn't miss another day."

"Yeah because 2 years wasn't enough." He teased and left you to unpack.

You shook your head at him. How is he older again? You chuckled to yourself.

2 years. That's how long you were away. Your family moved to the States for your father's work and you're now moving again because of it. You got a head start in the move since the new school year was starting and you didn't want to be behind.

It helped that your cousin Namjoon was a student in the school already, so you wouldn't be fully alone. He would visit you in the States and grew accustomed to Westernized life.

Since the move to another country, you kept to your promise to be better to yourself. You werent fat, but you were curvy for korean girl standards. You ate better and exercised, finding you had a knack for cooking and dancing. It helped to release stress that had built up in you since… well him. And the strong possibility of seeing him again made you nervous.

~~~~~

"I heard we are supposed to have a couple new students this year." Jimin smiled.

"We get new students every year." Taehyung snickered.

"You know what I mean." Jimin punched the latte on the arm.

"My cousin is one of those students." Namjoon took a sip of his drink.

"Oh what's her name? And what year?" Jungkook asked.

"Gyu EunSu. I think she'll be a 3rd year."

Gyu Eunsu.

Gyu Eunsu?

Why does that name sound familiar? 3 of the boys thought.