002

Break Free

 

The first time getting on an airplane. And hopefully not the last.

You followed your parents through the terminal. So many thoughts ran through your mind, you didn't realize you were at your terminal already. 

"Are you ok, honey?" Your mom asked you with concern. 

You never expressed your feelings on the move and she didn't want you to be depressed. 

"More than." You assured her.

You were more than willing to leave this place. Bad memories were beginning and you didn't want to have just bad thoughts of home. You weren't close to anyone unfortunately so friendly goodbyes weren't needed. Maybe starting over with a clean slate would help. 

"The 6:30a.m. flight to Los Angeles is now boarding." The speakers announced. 

Looking at your mom with a smile, you beamed, "Let's go!"

Soon the plane took off and you promised yourself you'd do better, for yourself.

~~~~~

That same morning students went on with their daily routine. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but two students felt off. Couldn't put their finger on it but something was different this morning.

The door was soon opened, revealing the teacher, and all the students went to their seats quickly.

The class president bowed as the homeroom teacher finished but then quickly asked, "Is there a reason Gyu EunSu is absent?"

The teacher looked at him, curious that he wondered about such an average student but shrugged. "I am not allowed to say specifics, but she won't be here for a while."

The class president bowed his thanks and took his seat waiting for the next teacher to show.

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows. What does that mean she won't be here for a while?

He hoped to get an answer from someone soon.