paradise.

Perhaps Love

was listening to khai dreams — fantasy and i thought of this. it isn’t really based off of that, but its what made me write this

 

-

 

chaewon owes minjoo something. it’s not really hard.

 

but she really isn’t the sweetest when it comes to those type of things. ah. the things she do for minjoo.

 

she probably can just bring the girl there and the younger would probably be happy. but that’s... too.. effortless? she wants it to be quite romantic. after all that’s what minjoo likes. romantic cheesy things.

 

god.

 

the things i do for you. she shakes her head.

 

 

“hey.” minjoo snakes her arms around chaewon’s waist and engulfs her into a hug. “hi. what brings you here?” as she hugs her back.

 

“it’s valentine’s day.” she can feel the younger pouting in her neck, she grins. “and?” she questions.

 

“you didn’t even greet me!” minjoo whines and releases chaewon from her hug, choosing to look at the older while angrily pouting.

 

chaewon laughs at her and earns a glare from minjoo. “okay, let’s go.” and offers her hand. minjoo raises her eyebrow, “come on! i have something for you.” 

 

“we’re in the campus.” she gives her right hand anyway. “and will they stop a couple from going out in valentine’s day?” 

 

 

 

 

chaewon drove for probably 2 hours? minju thinks. 

 

the older opens the door for her and grins. “stay there, i’ll be getting something.” chaewon goes into the car’s trunk and comes out with what seems like a basket full of her favourites. and of course, a bouquet of what she thinks... is a bouquet of baby’s breath?

 

“let’s go.” chaewon smiles, making her smile too.

 

if she didn’t trust chaewon, she would be pretty much scared as the way they were heading to is just, full of trees? forests. woods. it would be quite scary if they went here at dark.

 

and, oh.

 

oh.

 

alas! they have arrived.

 

and wow.

 

wow.

 

she totally did not expect to see such beautiful paradise to be hidden by woods, or a forest mayhaps.

 

it was pretty. like all other beaches, it was no exception. “it’s beautiful.” she closes her eyes and feels the wind and listens to the light sound of the waves. 

 

chaewon looks at her. minjoo looked very serene. it calmed her. something about minjoo that just calms her. minjoo was peace and calm in her life. everything chaewon wanted. her feelings for the younger that grew like a flower. not abrupt, not slow, but just right on time. it is indeed beautiful. 

 

“yeah, it is.” she breathes. minjoo opens her eyes and looks at chaewon. “thank you.” she smiles.

 

“anything for you.”

 

-

 

 

everything chaewon brought was set up. it was simple. a simple mat, or a blanket rather, for them to lie and sit on, minjoo’s favourite snacks and drink.

 

and well, she brought something else.

 

they were sitting with their knees reaching their faces. leaning on each other. she clears and gains minjoo’s attention.

 

minjoo jerks her head off from chaewon’s shoulder and looks at her with glint in her eyes. 

 

soft eyes with soft gazes. eyes that is filled with the universe, chaewon thinks.

 

“baby’s breath. the seller told me it meant unconditional love and innocence. so i bought it because it reminded me of you.” 

 

“are you professing your love for me, kim chaewon?” minjoo teases. “oh, well yes, indeed, i am, mrs. kim.” causing minjoo to be flustered and turn red.

 

“god, you’re so adorable.” chaewon laughs. “i know you know i don’t really know how to act cheesy and , but i love you so much. i love iced coffees very much and i’d still choose you over a free buy one take one promo for iced coffees.” the air was filled with laughter and easiness. 

 

 

“you’re someone i look forward to seeing everyday. you make my every day, a great day.” chaewon fishes out something from her pocket and brings out a velvet box. when she opens it, minjoo sees a necklace. “be my... everyday?” chaewon asks.

 

is this what love is? if this is what love feels like, she’d be more than willing to welcome love with open arms. 

 

love is simple.

 

love is calm.

 

love is storm.

 

love is someone you look forward to seeing everyday.

 

love is paradise.

 

love is iced coffee.

 

love is kim chaewon. you love kim chaewon. it wasn’t brief, nor lengthy. it was gentle, steady. easy. kim chaewon is easy to love. you look forward to more days with her. if she was the storm in your peace, you don’t mind. as long as it’s chaewon.

 

she smiles.

“i would love to.”