ocean.

Perhaps Love


It's winter, you aren't really a fan of the snow, but perhaps it feels nice. The feeling of drinking a hot cocoa, or maybe a hot coffee is a good idea while reading a book at your favourite library. A library of all places— But hey, it's your comfort place, where people read or study. Not including the couples making— hanging out. God, they're so disgusting you just wanna throw your very warm cocoa filled with love that was made by your oh-so-loving best friend before you left the apartment. Perhaps you could throw your book that you have read for 'a hundred times' said by your annoying best friend in contrary to your oh-so-loving best friend.


Why do you even love the library when you can peacefully study or read in your apartment? That's what they always ask you, always. It's so annoying but what can you do, you can't tell them about the cute librarian who's so clumsy, you just want to keep them in your pocket.

 

It has been almost 3 weeks since you went to the library just for her. God, why is she so pretty? Her soft-like features makes her look more like an angel. Maybe you should start being more religious. Maybe pray to God to give her to you. 

 

Minju. That's her name. You aren't that slow. With her angel-like features and personality, you are very much sure that there are alot of people who wants to be with her. To be honest, who wouldn't? It's like you're God's favourite already when you have her. Whenever she smiles, or laughs, her dimples show. Her whisker dimples. God knows how much you like seeing her eyes turn into crescents and her whisker dimples. 

 

Quite creepy, but just by seeing her is enough for you. But today, something shifted. As you were looking outside the window, you notice a figure approaching you. Oh, she looks like Minju. Cool. 

 

Wait.

 

What?

 

Minju is approaching me, oh God. God help me. What do I say? What do I do? Should I look at her? Does she know that I have a crush on her? Oh my God, she knows that I admire her? 

 

Breathe in. Breathe out.

 

"Hey. You're Chaewon right?" She smiles. "Oh and, can I seat here?" She adds and points to the chair in front of you. You nod. "Yeah, the name's Chaewon. What brings you here?" You ask. You are curious. So much. Did you do something to one of the books you borrowed in the library? Oh my God, what if it made her mad because she had to pay for it, and I owe her money-- "I, well, I wanted to ask you if you want to go out some time? It's really okay to decline since we don't actually really know each other." She rambles. She is so ing adorable, you just wanna ask her to be yours already.

 

"Why would I decline? We can go out to get to know each other well, right?" You smile at her and, oh my God is she blushing? 

 

Wait. She asked you out? Did I save the world in my past life? I don't care, thanks past life, what matters is she asked me out. God. I'm gonna lose it, "So uhm, here." She hands her phone and you see that it's on the contacts apps.

 

Ah. . She's gonna save your number.

 

You gently take the phone that's on her hand and start typing your number.

 

Hm. What should you put as your contact name?

 

'I can't believe I did that.' You hand her phone back and she takes it. She bites her lower lip, most likely to prevent herself from smiling, or laughing. Whatever. That was embarassing, you even think you're blushing.

 

'Chae <3

+020510022018'

 

Okay. Maybe just a little embarassing.

 

Ding! Someone sent you a message. You frown and check. It's and unknown number. "Why do you look mad? That's just me, Chae." Minju laughs.

 

Oh. "Okay, what do you want me to put as your contact name?" You ask. She slightly tilts her head as if she was thinking very hard. "Min." She answers. "That's all--" "Add a heart. " She grins. You turn red. God, why is she like this. You nod and follow what she asked you to put.

 

'Min <3

+080100022018'

 

Inhale. Exhale. Something somewhat similar to waves crashing. Feelings so loud yet gentle. Ocean of feelings. "Are you free today? Let's go out today if that's okay with you." Your heart is pounding. Was I too bold? Was it too-- "Sure. It's a date then." She smiles. 

 

Too fast. Way too fast but God, you're in too deep, but you don't mind diving into an unknown ocean if it's her. 

 

--

 

ilykmj on twt :]