Chapter 2

Can I Order You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is not a good day for Irene. Her day starts with more projects to be finished, reports for her internship to be complete by Monday, to handle non-stop customers coming through the restaurant. She thought she can at least start writing her reports while on breaks, but she completely forgot that today is Friday night, which means the restaurant will be flooded with customers. She let out a big sigh after taking orders from the last customer before her boss told her to go have a break.

She lifts out her apron, put it in her locker, and then go to the corner of the restaurant with her meal and her book. While eating, she then looks around the restaurant and notices the woman that sitting just a few tables in front of her with her laptop open. The woman has come to the restaurant almost every day since that time.

Irene couldn’t understand why the woman always comes here to eat as Irene believe, based on her appearance, the woman can go to another place, a better place if she wants to get dinner. Her co-worker said maybe the woman want to steal their restaurant idea because of how popular their restaurant, which Irene didn’t believe it. There is nothing to steal from this place. Irene didn’t even know why the restaurant she works is so popular with their regular menus.

Irene admits the woman is breathtaking. With her short blonde hair and pale skin, she looks like a snow fairy to Irene. When she smiles and laugh, she has a dimple in her cheek, somehow make her look younger. It's not that Irene has been staring at her every time the woman comes, she just accidentally looks at her when she hears the woman laugh at her companion. Irene frown when she remembers the woman companion is beautiful too, Irene definitely not jealous or anything.

“You are starring again, Unnie.”

Irene startles and looks up at the voice. She saw her co-worker, Yeri, looking at Irene with a smirk on her face as she sits in front of her.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” denied Irene while continues eating her meal.

Yeri scoffs at her “You know you are a bad liar, Unnie.” Irene just keeps quiet and Yeri continues her talk. “I stand by my previous statement.”

“About what?”

“About the reason why the woman keeps coming here. She comes here because of you.”

“Why would she come here just for me?” Irene throws Yeri a baffled look.

 “Are you ing serious? You didn’t know the reason why not only her but most of our customers comes to this ty place?” Yeri throws her hands up while has a disbelief look on her face.

Irene, who just take a bite of her burger, shakes her head at Yeri questions.

“My Lord. They came here because of You, Unnie.” Yeri said dramatically as she munches her fries. “Why do you think most of our customers prefer to go in your line when they order?”

“Because I’m more friendly than you?”

Yeri looking at Irene with a dirty look. “Please don’t try to be funny, Unnie. It doesn’t suit you.”

“But I’m funny.” Protest Irene with a pout.

Yeri keeps eating her meal, ignoring what Irene said. “Oh, by the way, Wendy-unnie is single.”

Irene cough when she hears that, after calming down, she then throws Yeri a scoff. “Why would I want to know if she’s single or not? And who’s Wendy-unnie?”

“Because I knew you are interested. You keep throwing a glance at her every time she’s here. It's sickening to watch.” Yeri pretends to throw up after saying it making Irene want to strangle the girl. “And that’s her name.”

“How do you know that?”

“Hmm, maybe because I ask?” Yeri answer sarcastically.

“It’s rude to disturb a customer, Yeri.”

“It's not rude if Wendy-unnie also wants to talk. Besides I need to make sure Wendy-unnie have a good intention toward you, Unnie.” Yeri said as she defends herself after seeing Irene glares at her. They continue bickering for the rest of their break time.

-

Meeting with the CEO of Jung Enterprise, one of her business partners, at their office is Wendy last agendas for today. They preparing to launch a flag store of B&E in Hongkong as the market demands on their fashion labels are increasing. She's on her way down to the parking area before changing her course toward the café situated in the building because she needs a coffee. By the time she got her order, she plans to move to the lift, but something caught her eyes. It was the woman from the burger restaurant. Wendy didn’t believe her luck because she never saw the woman outside her workp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter