Chapter 1

Can I Order You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today’s weather is good with the sun, shining bright, coming through the windows where a woman with short blonde hair sits. In front of her sat a woman with long raven hair. They just finish morning meeting with her COO and best friend, Seulgi. Seulgi needs to be in Japan for a conference, so the blonde needs Seulgi report before Seulgi flying. 

The blonde hair had her head rest on her chair while the black hair had her hand on her pad, scrolling through the schedule that needs to be complete for the day. 

“What’s the rest agenda for today, Joy?” Wendy, the woman with blonde hair, ask her secretary.

“Only internal meeting with all of the Branch Managers, after that you only have to reviews all the reports that I’ve sent you.” Joy said as she checks her pad.

“Oh, and President Chang has been calling to meet with you regarding their proposal about a new restaurant chain. I told him you’re busy for the rest of the coming weeks and will inform him later if you have a slot available.” Continue Joy as she remembers his call this morning. 

“That was what? Five times already that he been calling me, right?”

“Yes, and I gave the same answer every time he called.” Joy complaining at Wendy. 

Wendy sighs. “That old geezer, can’t handle someone is more important than him.”

“I believe one of the reasons why he been calling is to introduce you to his son, you know, to become his family through marriage.” Joy reason out. 

“Not gonna happen.” Wendy firmly shakes her head and shuddered at that thought. 

“Well, as long as you still single, there is always hope. Getting Son Enterprise to be your in-law is a good move for them.”

“Please don’t tell me that my Mom also has been calling about getting me a date again?” Wendy then put her head on the table. 

“Maybe you need to hire a fake bride/groom so you will not be bothered by a marriage proposal, Unnie.” Joy smirk when she said that. 

Wendy throws her pen at Joy when she heard that. “You enjoy my misery too much, Joy. You are lucky that my family love you, make me can’t fire you.”

Joy just laughs when she saw Wendy forlorn face. After laughing, she then brings out a paper for Wendy to see. Looking at Wendy’s confused face, she explains what it is. 

“Remember the burger restaurant that your father bought ages ago?”

“You mean the one that he purchased because the previous owner is his childhood friend?” said Wendy after racking her brain to remember which restaurant.

“Yes, that paper is their financial review for the last three months.”

“Didn’t they have a financial problem? They ask for more loan to us and I said I’ll approve it if they can show me a good improvement.” Wendy put her glasses and then read the paper really quick.

“They did, they re-applied for a loan and include the last three-month financial report for consideration.” Explain Joy. 

“There is an improvement, even though it's not that huge. Do you know how they improve their business?” ask Wendy while putting the paper down and remove her glasses.

“Nope. I just receive the paper this morning.” Joy shakes her head. “I plan to investigate it later after lunch.”

“You don’t have to investigate it.” Tell Wendy after thinking for a while.

“What do you mean?” Joy shows a confused look after hearing Wendy.

“I’ll go there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter