Chapter 4

Can I Order You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy told Suho to close the restaurant for a while as they need to do a small renovation to improve the working condition. During that time, all the employees still will get their salary as compensation. They also need to recreate new menus to attract more customers as Wendy knew the only reason the restaurant famous is because of Irene and when Irene left the restaurant, they wouldn’t get any more profit. The project will be led by Seulgi as Wendy need to be in Hongkong with Jessica-unnie for the launching of their flag store.

After the opening of the flag store, Wendy’s schedule is piling up. In two months, she was already flying back and forth from Korea to Hongkong to Japan to Canada to NY and back to Korea again. The public reaction to their flag store in HK is great that made her company along with Jung Enterprise planning to open more stores in Asia and America, hence why she’s living at the airport for the past months.

Wendy didn’t realise how busy she was, it’s been months since she saw Irene last. At one point she’s grateful she didn’t have to think about her, but on the other hands, it makes her miss the woman more than before. Wendy tried to do what Irene asked, to wait for her. But it’s hard, she can’t count on how many times she tried to go to the restaurant (they have already opened a small section for taking away menus only. Wendy wants to test their new menus first before really open the restaurant). Wendy didn’t want to make Irene more disappoint in her which is why every time Wendy need to go to the restaurant for inspection, she will ask Joy or Seulgi to come. And each time they come back from the restaurant; they always update Wendy about Irene.

-

After long hours of work, Wendy decides to unwind by going to walk around Han River Park. She didn’t how long she’s been walking around, but base on how sore her legs were, it probably longer than she thought. She then takes a sit on the bench to relieve her soreness. As she appreciates the beauty of the rivers, she looks up when she saw someone walking towards her. When she realises it was Irene, Wendy quickly gets up. Both of them stared at each other in surprised. They didn’t know they will see each other again, especially in here. Wendy takes the first step by greeting Irene.

“Hi.”

“Hey,” Irene answered.

“This is awkward.” Wendy laughs nervously. Irene smiles a bit when she hears Wendy’s laugh. Both of them then get quiet, they don’t know what to talk about. The silence is really bothering Wendy, so she tried to start a conversation with Irene.

“I hear you were taking weeks off for your paper.”

“I did. How did you know that?”

“Ah, Seulgi told me. How’s your thesis doing?”

“It went better than I expected. Just finished writing it earlier. I’ve been staying at home for the last couples of weeks and it’s really driving me crazy, so I decided to loosen up a bit by walking around here.”

"That's good to hear. After this, you just need to submit it, right?"

Irene shook her head, "No, I still need to double-check it and give it to my supervisor before submitting, I used some of the company cases as an example, they need to mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter