Chapter 3

Can I Order You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy is reading her reports when Seulgi suddenly barging into her office with Joy, who rolled her eyes at Seulgi dramatic entering, following behind her.

“You need to make a decision now, Wendy.” Said Seulgi wearing an annoyed face when she comes to face Wendy.

“About what?” asked Wendy confused.

“About the loan for that burger restaurant.” Seulgi points out. “Jessica-unnie called me earlier asking for the first instalment that you promise her. Not only her, but President Chang also called me yesterday asking for the second loan.” Complaint Seulgi.

“I can’t transfer all of the money that was promised to them because I don’t know how much money you want to give to the restaurant and we still need some of the money as we have small projects to finish too. The reports on my desk already gave me a headache. I need your approval now, Wendy as I can’t postpone it anymore.” Seulgi basically throws herself on Wendy’s sofa after delivering her complaint.

Wendy has a guilty look on her face as she listened to what Seulgi said. She already knew she postpones the loan for so long because of personal reason which is an unprofessional act of hers. She just afraid of the outcome when Irene knew the truth of why she has gone to the restaurant in the first place. However, Seulgi is right, Wendy can’t delay it anymore since they have a lot of projects that need her attention.

“Joy, I don’t have any important schedule for today, right?” Wendy asks her secretary.

“No, you only have a meeting with your sister after that there is no important meeting.”

“And you Seulgi?”

“Nope, I only have a bunch of reports to read and approve.”

“You can transfer the money to Jessica-unnie and President Chang, after that we’ll go to the burger restaurant.” Wendy then looks at Joy, “Can you also ask for our Head of Engineering, Head of Design, Head of Finance, and Head of HR to meet us at the burger restaurant around 2 PM? We’ll have a meeting there. I want them to estimate how much money and improvement we need for the restaurant.”

-

The restaurant finally quiets down after the rush hour finish. Irene looks around and sees there’s only a couple of people left. She also notices that Wendy still here along with Seulgi (Wendy finally introduces Seulgi to Irene after Irene asking her about the woman that keeps coming with Wendy. Irene hopes Wendy didn’t think Irene is jealous of Seulgi because she isn’t, she is just curious.) They talked a bit when Irene was on her break. Wendy told her she and Seulgi have been here after lunch and they were doing meetings with her collages.

They have been talking almost every time Wendy comes to the restaurant, which is surprising to say as Irene really didn’t have a lot of time to spare. Not only that, but Irene also didn’t want her co-worker talking about them behind Irene’s back. But she can’t deny she likes spending her free time talking to Wendy. Irene even admits she can’t wait to see Wendy again after Irene finished her work.

She won’t say she’s fallen in love with Wendy but she nearly there. She didn’t know when her feeling changes, but she won’t be surprised if it’s because of the time they spend together. Wendy, as Irene predicts is a nice, strong, warm, and kind lady despite being too flirty. Wendy won’t hesitate to help people, be it a stranger or her friend if she saw you struggling. She also will support and take care of you when you’ve become her close friend, as Seulgi said.

Irene sighs in tiredness and praying there will be no last-minute customer coming as she wants to go home early. However, as soon as she thought of that, the restaurant door opens with a customer coming through. Luckily, it’s only one person. As Irene prepares to take his order, Irene saw his look that makes her uncomfortable, but she still put her hospitality smile when she greets him.

“Hello Sir, can I get your order?”

-

Wendy and Seulgi are in a deep discussion when suddenly they hear a loud commotion. Both of them look up and see Irene being surrounded by her co-worker while they demand the guy stop harassing Irene. Seeing that, Wendy jumps to her feet and go to them with Seulgi quickly following her.

“The lady asks you to release her hand.”

All of them startled when they heard a voice. They look at the source of the voices and saw a woman standing behind the guy with her arms folded in front of her.

Irene looks at Wendy with a grateful while the man looks annoyed because he was interrupted.

“Who the hell are you?”

“Someone who didn’t like seeing a woman being harassed.”

“Just mind your business, woman. It doesn’t concern you.” Tell the guy dismissively.

“Well, all of us here just minding our business until you start being loud and harassing the lady,” Wendy said as she looks around the restaurant and saw most of the patrons agreeing with her statement.

“Then keep doing your business!” The guy shouting at Wendy’s face and then look at Irene, “Where’s your manager, I want to talk to him!” demand the guy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter