Jerry ,Alex and DBSK

The Moment

Narrator P.O.V

Contrary to peoples belief, Alex was never a late sleeper, she was in fact an early riser. Her grandmother Sun Hee nicknamed Sunny, was the deep sleeper. Alex was already up and dressed by 7:00 a.m., it had become a habit she had yet to shake off because of school.  She busied herself taking pictures with her new Nikon camera from the view from the terrace.

The sun had set at 6:05 a.m. that morning, with the heat warming her up and bringing a small smile of content on her face.

A city could always be bustling, but at the tallest of building’s had the grandest of views. She had gone on a field trip to the empire state building when she had visited  Michael last summer, although she was 17 at the time, he granted her a little freedom to explore the streets of New York she just had to walk with her pepper spray and her cellphone always. It had been an experience, the subways were smelly like they had described as well as the one or two hobos she had seen.

 It was around 5:45 p.m. that she had decided to go to the Empire State Building for her last stop of the day.

She reached the entrance to the roof, pushing the door; she trudged on the little pebbles walking around slightly as twilight hit the air, she was shown the view from the top. Stars peeked form behind clouds, constellations shone brightly and her favorite ‘’W’’ Cassiopeia was there. It gave her a little speck of hope.

She glanced at her watched 9:01 a.m., the sounds of light footsteps could be heard coming nearer, and the sight of her grandmother still in her robe and comfy slipper sent warning bells in her head. ‘’Are you okay Halmoni,’’ she reached up and felt her grandmother’s forehead. It was hot.

After guiding her grandmother back to her room  , she headed to the kitchen, looking through shelves for ingredients ,as soon as she found what she was looking for, ‘’Gotcha ‘’ she replied taking the Lipton bag out of the tea box.

The scent of herbal Lipton tea with added cinnamon filled the room, the little radio in the kitchen played some of her favorite songs, after ‘’Replay’’ by SHINEE, another familiar tune played, Alex unconsciously bobbed her head, waiting for the tea to finish, ‘’ You got the wrong number, you got the wrong number, so don’t call me no more,’’ she mouthed along the lyrics, doing the main dance to the lyrics.

The sound of steam snapped her out of her little encore presentation, she smiled sadly to herself. Walking back upstairs, she sighed forlornly, she peeked in on  her grandmother, after nudging her awake, she handed her the tea. ‘I added cinnamon because Appa says it’s your favorite. ’She said, her grandmother smiled at her before sipping the tea, she grabbed something from the bedside table and handed it to Alex.  

Looking at the book in her hand, Alex turned the cover and saw it was an Appointment book; she raised an eyebrow at her grandmother questioningly.  ‘’Call my assistant Jerry and tell her I won’t be able to come to the Hospital.’’ her grandmother hummed silently.  ‘’I had to entertain the kids at the children’s ward today, ‘she smiled sadly.

‘’Why don’t I fill in for you, I could call Jerry and ask her for the address,’’ Alex answered rapidly.

Her grandmother just shook her head, ‘’I wouldn’t want you to waste your only vacation days on me,’’ she responded.

‘’Please Halmoni, I could do it, it could be a part of my English Assignment,’ she pleaded holding her hands out together like she was praying.

Her grandmother sighed in defeat before nodding.  Alex squealed slightly before hugging her grandmother, Sunny only patted her back before lying back down on the bed tiredly. The cold had really gotten to her.

Alex exited the room before going into hers.


In case you don’t know , in that case I shall give you the info, Sun Hee Kwon was head of Marketing for Kwon Enterprises ,Seoul Division, though she loved her job ,her greatest joy was visiting the kids at the children’s wards.

Her new assistant Lee Jaeri (Jerry) was her fifth assistant that year and very  incompetent but Sun Hee still kept her around cause she was great at organization which was to say she had great filing skills and at everything else. But Sun Hee put up with her because Jerry was her only goddaughter, who graduated Princeton with a Masters Degree in Business Management and a minor in Computer Studies.

Though she still had trouble with writing Japanese kanji, in which the problem started. 

Last year Seoul General had the privilege with being entertained by Super Junior this year proved a mighty big problem since some of the children requested DBSK , all five of them .

Jerry being Jerry, scheduled a date for the TVXQ duo, to perform, no problems there except she never counted on them actually coming at all  due to both having rather longer schedules and Changmin shooting for his movie in Japan.

So when she didn’t get a reply in two days she dialed C-Jes for to arrange for JYJ to perform and got through. But as faith would have it, SM Entertainment called back the next day to confirm TVXQ’s appearance, Jerry had left her phone at her desk for lunch so Sunny answered and arranged for them at the same hospital. Jerry had forgotten to cancel SM Entertainment, so when she came back  from lunch  she told her boss/godmother the good news, well let’s see how that went. 


Flashback a week ago……


‘’Guess who I got for the Hospital performance this year, ‘Jerry gushed.  ‘I know who you got, they just called and I confirmed,’’ Sunny replied smiling at her assistant.

‘’JYJ/TVXQ,’’ they answered simultaneously before turning to each other in shock. Jerry covered before silently murmuring, ’Oh crap, Oh crap, Oh crap.’’

Sunny turned to Jerry, ‘’what do you mean JYJ, I scheduled TVXQ, cause  they were calling to confirm the appointment you setup.’’ Sunny retorted.

Jerry stuttered, ‘’ I didn’t think they would agree, so I decided to go ahead with the other three since I don’t receive any reply.’’

Sunny rubbed her forehead; the lines of aging could be seen in her eyes.  ‘’Fix this,’’ she replied walking out the door.

Jerry slumped on her chair, ‘How could she fix this?’’ if you cancel one and then have the other perform, it would cause a problem.

That is how Jerry could be found a week after still debating, she still hadn’t come up with a decent plan.  All hope was lost.


Her phone vibrated, she answered it, although in fear of it being her boss, ‘’Y-Yoboseyo,’’ she said hesitantly.  ‘’Jerry-sshi ,this is Alex, my Halmoni told me to call you and inform you she wouldn’t be coming to the Hospital today, I’ll be going in her place, just send a car for me and have everything ready.’’

‘’Deh’’ Jerry answered, her mind calculating, ‘’Problem solved,’’ she thought giggly, sighing in relief after the call ended.   She began dialing for her boss’s driver Mr. Yang to be sent to Ms.Kwon’s house.  


Of course Alex didn’t know TVXQ nor JYJ would be arriving at the same hospital, but she would get a pleasant surprise.


On the other side of Seoul, five males turned in their bed simultaneously. Their sleeping habits hadn’t changed no matter their distance. Changmin still slept in front of a window to get a good view in the morning, even though he would still feel the beams of the sun when it rose every morning.  Jaejoong slept in between his pillows, Yunho as close as he could to the edge of the bed, Yoochun and Junsu napped until something or someone woke them up.

Ole habits die hard.

They had all received messages from their Managers respectively for another surprise performance. It was for the kids so they agreed.

Even though Jaejoong  was shooting his new drama as well as Yoochun whose  drama was set to premiere in two weeks they still made time to visit Junsu and watch his play ‘’Elizabeth.’’

Changmin was tired but even though he lacked sleep, his body pleading him to rest, he still persevered  to finish the final scenes to his movie, it was his acting debut, ‘’Run with the Gold.’’ 

Yunho had recalled the memories performing side by side with his brothers in all but blood  on stage the final time, he opened his eyes wearily ,another day another schedule.

Yoochun had another sleepless night, his doctor called it insomnia, he called it home-sickness, he didn’t mind the distance or different continents, but he missed the feeling of familiarity, the one he always got when he was beside all four of his best friends.

Performance scheduled for 11:00 a.m. at Seoul General Hospital,’ that’s what Junsu read first thing in the morning as soon as he woke up, after the appearance ,was another photo-shoot then a flash rehearsal for another scene for ‘’Elizabeth.’’

The worry lines could be seen if it weren’t for the make-up, he jumped in the shower to get ready.


Alex fixed the shirt she was wearing, grabbed her cellphone as soon as she heard the beep. It was probably Mr. Yang, walking down the stairs; she opened the gate, placed in the security code and carefully locked the gate on her way out.

Her phone vibrated, looking through the text, it was from Jerry.

To :>> Alex<<

From : >>Jerry<<

Everything is all set, the hospital staff will guide you through it, good luck.’’


When they arrived at the hospital, the director of the Hospital, Mr. Jang, greeted her at the entrance. She walked through the sliding doors; one of the nurses guided her to the children’s ward. 

The children were busy drawing pictures, what caught her attention were the ‘’DONG BANG SHIN KI ‘’ posters, ‘’what is this? ‘She thought, her heart squeezing painfully. 

She walked up to one of the children, a boy around 3 years old, who lost his hair, he was a cancer patient, she viewed what he was drawing, a simple drawing with five guys under it, ‘’Welcome DBSK.’’

‘Hey sweetie,’ she said sitting down at the edge of his bed, ‘’so are you ready for the boys.’’

He smiled sweetly at her before answering, ‘’Deh Unnie,’’ her heart melted.

One of the ward matrons came up to her, tapping her lightly on the shoulders, Alex looked up, ‘’Excuse me Kwon-sshi, your stuff is already, if you will follow me,’’ Alex was very confused but she followed the lady anyway.


She was shown a room; a Pikachu costume lay on the bed, the matron left the room, closing the door. ‘’I have to wear this,’’ she mentally screamed.

Of course her grandmother would agree to perform for the children, ‘’it’s for the kids, ‘’ the mantra kept replaying in her head. 

The children in the ward were restless it had been two hours, yet there weren’t any entertainment.  The nurses picked up on this. That was until Alex walked into the ward dressed head to toe in a Pikachu costume.


Alex P.O.V

‘’Breathe in; breathe out, ‘I murmured to myself.  On with the show, it felt rather stuffy in the costume, but I was doing this for a good cause, if my idols didn’t show up in time for their performance, I would have to fill their place, everyone was counting on her.

I heard the light giggles and chuckles form both the staff and children as soon as I entered.

‘Hello everyone, for now I’ll be your entertainment, ‘I said confidently, gazing at each child, ‘’For my first act, magic tricks, ‘I continued, pulling out a hat, that I had from behind my back. 

‘Oh pay attention, repeat this phrase, Hocus Pocus,’’ I replied.  ‘’Hocus Pocus,’’ as soon as the phrase was echoed I pulled out a bandana, one after the other. They clapped, small smiles on their angel like faces. 

I continued on with my act, first with the bandanas, then rabbit and birds and flowers, and finally the balloons. I bowed as I finished.  They clapped for me loudly. I glanced at the clock, ‘’ 12:30 a.m.’’ read on the analog clock, they were late.  

It was my responsibility, so I turned to the director and told him to give me a minute. I changed into my regular clothes but grabbed a pair of lion ears that was next to some of the miscellaneous props that I had been provided. A Dong bang shin ki remix C.D was already in the radio when I had re-entered.

‘Let’s see if my kpop skills are going to pay off,’ I thought silently.


Four separate cars pulled up in front of Seoul General, the first car a slick navy blue BMW 2011 series, the driver donned black skinny jeans and boots, a red sweater and a beige coat including a hat and black aviators.  He was talking on his phone, when he got out, his earpiece on his ears.

The second and third cars, two black range rovers, one a LUX Range Rover, the other an Avaraii Range Rover .The driver of the LUX  wore a pair of red skinny jeans ,black silk shirt , a black wool scarf and black suede shoes.  The driver of the Avaraii wore black long cargo pants, a fitted black t-shirt with red scarf, black boots and a pair of black glasses; he stepped out texting on his I-phone.

The last car, silver Lexis, contained two occupants, whom were having a heated discussion in which one talked and the other tried to pay attention, even though he had just flown from a 9 hour flight and was exhausted.

One was taller than the other, the one trying to pay attention; he wore a plaid  red and black shirt with a white V-neck in it, black skinny jeans, black boots and a red wool hat.  He had ear-buds in his ears ignoring the nagging of his hyung.   The last person, was the driver of the fourth car, dressed in a red blazer, white V-neck, leather pants, black boots and wore red aviators, trying to talk some sense into his donsaeng about taking  care of his health more, he could see the tiredness displaying on the face of his maknae. 

All conversation ceased, if it weren’t for the cool air, the tension left an awkward silence. The five locked gazes with each other.  Jaejoong switched off his phone, clearing his throat, ‘’Nice to see you again,’’ the others nodded their head. Changmin nervously looked away from Jaejoong, if it was one thing to be cautious about Jaejoong, it was his overprotectiveness, he was after all the ‘’Eomma of TVXQ.’’ 

His hyungs were protective of their donsaeng (him), even though they maintained their distance, his anxiety away from them really hurt. His doctor had prescribed some pills for his depression and stress, it was really bad since the other three had left, and it was only his leader who was holding him together.

He swallowed , the lump in his throat ,felt like it was growing stronger, beads of sweat began to grow on his forehead, he held onto the door of the car ,lowering his gaze, shaking his head  ,he tried to clear the black spots that had been forming in his vision.

Yoochun looked form Yunho to Changmin and rested on Changmin, who wouldn’t look up. Yoochun was very observant; he was also very worried about his maknae. 

Junsu followed Yoochun’s gaze which distracted Jaejoong from Yunho who looked like they were having a silent conversation.  Jaejoong stepped forward hesitantly before walking around the car to stand next to Changmin; Changmin looked up trying to focus on his hyung before fainting away in his arms.

‘’CHANGMIN-AH,’’ echoed Yunho, Junsu and Yoochun, they rushed next to Jaejoong, who was clutching Changmin to his  chest, Changmin was panting heavily against Jaejoong, apparently  a pack of 6 red bulls couldn’t last ,his energy dwindled. He struggled to stand up, Junsu grabbed him under his other arm and both he and Jaejoong sat him up gently.  Changmin smiled wearily.  ‘Hyungs I’ll be alright.’’

He shook of their hands, before entering the hospital, the director had been called down by one of the nurses, and they were shown  the  direction to the children's ward , Yunho and Jaejoong flanking Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu picking up the rear. It was like a silent agreement between the five, they would complete this task, before discussing anything else, and the children depended on them.

Music could be heard, the guys stopped outside the door, hearing their song ‘’Picture of You,’’ the voice singing it sounded like a thousand angels. Changmin watched in the glass part of the door and saw girl maybe a few years younger than him, mouthing his lines to a four year girl. 

  ‘’Dance, Dance, Dance,’ the children shouted after she sung some of the lines. The girl  was about 5’8 ,lightly tanned skin, long dark brown hair dressed simply in a opened black coat, black skinny  jeans , a red top and a pair of red high-top converse.  The instrumental for ‘’Purple Line ‘’ came on, step by step she copied their movies, the track skipped to ‘’Wrong Number.’’ 


Alex P.O.V

When I started dancing and singing I felt this weird energy taking over me, all the moves fell into place, I ended with Wrong number.

After  I done a few songs for children ,I called Jerry and she told me the guys had arrived at the entrance, I had been expecting  TVXQ as in Yunho and Changmin only, but when I walked out the entrance of the children’s ward, five guys  stared back at me.   I gulped before greeting, ‘’Annyeong haseyo Kwon Alex imnida.’’ I bowed and stopped them before they could reply, ‘’I know who you are already, ‘I replied smiling at them.

‘’I know there was a mix-up, because I wasn’t planning on actually having all five of the original DBSK to be here, but could you do it anyway,’’ I pleaded.  I anxiously bit my lip waiting on their answer, they nodded before Yoochun answered, ‘’we agreed to do it, plus it’s for the children.’’ He smiled at me and I nearly swooned.  Before they could take a step further I halted them, ‘’You look haggard, ‘I replied bluntly at Changmin, I grabbed his arm dragging him behind me, he fumbled before following me. I heard the footsteps of the others, who probably wondered what I was doing dragging their maknae.

I pushed open the door to the refreshment room and motioned for the others as well to get in, then I closed the door before turning to them.  ‘You eat something, you look like you are going to collapse if you haven’t already, and yes I am aware that you just came from the airport, ‘’I said to Changmin.

I stopped Jaejoong with a look, ‘’Get him fed, I know you all are exhausted, it’s a fan thing, I am well aware of your schedules,’’ I whispered. He nodded at me, a small smile in on his lips.

‘’I’ll be back in 20 mins, I’ll inform the children you’re here, have a breather, you all need it.’’ I smiled at them before walking out of the door.

I immediately ran to the nearest bathroom stall before locking the door and screamed my lungs out, ‘’OH MY GOD I JUST HAD A CONVERSATION WITH DBSK AND I DIDN’T FAINT.’’

 I breathed out, before composing myself, opening the door and walking to the matron in the ward to announce the news.  

‘’Well everyone, our special guess have arrived, they will be in here shortly, so now you will be getting your lunch before we start,’ I responded .They cheered and I smiled brightly.  I slowly backed away until I was at the door before opening it and dashing out, I made it back to the room.

I opened the door only to be greeted with Changmin stuffing his mouth with sandwiches, Junsu and Jaejoong looked at Changmin fondly as if nothing had changed, Yunho was looking from member to the other with a smile on his face, Yoochun was on the sofa sleeping. 

It had been of an hour, I gave everyone just a little time, when the door opened, and they all looked up, smiling sheepishly. I shook my head at them, ‘’It’s time,’’ I announced. My eyes lingered on Yoochun, Jaejoong followed my gaze as was going to wake him up, when I blurted out, ‘’Can I do it, please,’’ I smiled widely, clapping my hands together, jumping up and down like a hyper child.

Jaejoong gestured me to do it, if I had looked back I would’ve seen them all exchange a look.

I slowly walked towards Yoochun, my heart beating so fast, I mean come on, and you would to, if you were standing in front of your bias. I poked Yoochun and he swatted my arm, I scoffed before doing it over and over again.  Just as Yoochun turned again, I grabbed the pillow he was hugging and through it to Junsu who caught it, as I leaned in to shake him ,his hand shot out and pulled me in, so I was wrapped in a Yoochun sandwich, not that I was complaining.

Then they all laughed, ‘’need some help, ‘’ Jaejoong asked smirking.  ‘’If I die, I die happily,’ I said grinning cheekily at him.  Yoochun of course had to wake up , he looked down at me and did a double take, his face turning pink, ‘’Hi,’’ I said giggling at his embarrassed faced. He sat up before putting out a hand to me; I took it and straightened myself.  

‘’Follow me, ‘I said turning back to them, they followed after me, ‘’When you hear your name, then come out,’’ I said turning to Yunho.  He looked confused on how I would be introducing them .I mentally smirked.

Walking back in, I grabbed the microphone where I left it and turned to the occupants of the fairly large room, ‘’are you guys ready? ‘’

‘’Deh,’’ they screamed.

‘’Please give a round of applause to Dong Bang Shin Ki, ‘I screamed.  My excitement was flowing, the guys came out form the door, and the girls were gushing and boys were looking at their hyungs in admiration.

[All] Jinagabeorin eorin shijeoren pungseoneul tago naraganeun yeppeun kkumdo kku-eotjji
noran pungseoni haneureul nalmyeon nae ma-eumedo areumda-un gi-eoktteuri saenggangna

during my childhood i dreamed a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and flying away
if a red balloon flies in the sky my heart remembers beautiful memories


[Max] Nae eoril jeok kkumeun noran pungseoneul tago haneul nopi nareuneun saram
[Micky] Geu jogeuman kkumeul ijeobeorigo san geon naega neomu keobeoryeosseul ttae

My dream as a child was to ride a red balloon and fly high into the sky
I forgot about that small dream and lived on until now because I grew up so much


[Xiah] Hajiman gwero-ul ttaen a-icheoreom ttwi-eo nolgo shipeo
[Hero] Jogeuman na-ui kkumdeureul pungseone gadeuk sh_tkko

But when I’m miserable I want to run around and play likes a child
filling a balloon full of my small dreams


[All] Jinagabeorin eorin shijeoren pungseoneul tago naraganeun yeppeun kkumdo kku-eotjji
noran pungseoni haneureul nalmyeon nae ma-eumedo areumda-un gi-eoktteuri saenggangna

During my childhood I dreamed a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and flying away
if a red balloon flies in the sky my heart remembers beautiful memories


[Hero] Wae haneureul bomyeon naneun nunmuri nalkka geugeotjjocha al su eopjjanha
[U-Know] Wae eoreuni dwemyeon ijeobeorige dwelkka jogeumateon a-i shijeoreul

I can't understand why tears come out when i look at the sky
i wonder why you forget that tiny childhood when you become an adult


[Micky, Max] Ttaeroneun nado geunyang haneul nopi naragago shipeo
[U-Know, Xiah] Ijeottteon na-ui kkumdeulgwa chu-eogeul gadeuk sh_tkko

At times, i too want to just fly high into the sky
with my forgotten dreams and memories


[Xiah] Jinagabeorin eorin shijeoren pungseoneul tago naraganeun yeppeun kkumdo kku-eotjji
[All] noran pungseoni haneureul nalmyeon nae ma-eumedo areumda-un gi-eoktteuri saenggangna

During my childhood i dreamed a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and flying away
if a red balloon flies in the sky my heart remembers beautiful memories

 
[All] lalalalala lalalalala lalalalala lalalala lalalala lalala

 [Max] Seweori heulleodo [U-Know, Micky] Ijeobeoryeodo
[Hero] Noran pungseone dameul su isseulkka

lalalalala lalalalala lalalalala lalalala lalalala lalala
though time passes though i forgot
will it be possible to contain it in the red balloon


[All] Jinagabeorin eorin shijeoren pungseoneul tago naraganeun yeppeun kkumdo kku-eotjji
noran pungseoni haneureul nalmyeon nae ma-eumedo areumda-un gi-eoktteuri saenggangn

During my childhood i dreamed a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and flying away
if a red balloon flies in the sky my heart remembers beautiful memories

 

An idea suddenly came to head, rushed to the hat I had left next to the door, their song ‘’Balloons ‘’ came on.

I mouthed the words unconsciously and as soon as Jaejoong screamed the chorus, I snapped my fingers and red balloons popped in the room, some flying out of the open windows. The guys continued singing  not seeing my theatrics,  it’s when they turned around, they beamed happily ,one of the balloons I had read ,’’ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH ,’’ in bold red.

A tear slid down my cheek, I wiped it fast but Yoochun had already seen it. I walked out the door before closing my eyes.  They looked perfect performing side by side again; it was like a good dream, that I didn’t want to wake up from.

I could hear the children chanting over and over again, ‘’DBSK, DBSK ,DBSK, DBSK, DSSK,’’ they guys smiled genuinely before bowing, I saw as they were coming closer to the door, I wiped my eyes , before smiling at them as they came through the double doors.

‘’You guys were awesome, ‘’I said  throwing caution to the wind , I hugged each of them ,giving them a peck on the cheek, my lips may have lingered a little longer on Yoochun , but he wasn’t complaining.

They all blushed, ‘’you guys are too bashful, if you haven’t gotten accustomed to this already,’’ I said grinning at them.  ‘’Thank for coming, all of you,’’ I bowed at them before walking leaving them.  

Just as I spotted Mr. Yang in parking lot, I heard a voice shouting my name, I turned around to see Yoochun, panting slightly, I turned my head to him in question only to be silence with the softest pair of lips ever, ‘’ I closed my eyes in content, wrapping my arms around his neck, one straying to his short black hair, I felt his arms circle my waist pulling me in closer. 

What seemed like a dream, I snapped out of my daze, breathing heavily, ‘’Why did you do that?’’ I asked.  He pulled me into his embrace, I blushed hard, but he didn’t see, I felt his breath on my neck , ‘’I felt that I needed too for some reason, it’s like I can’t let you get away from me,’’ my heart palpitated furiously at his words,  I looked down and saw he left a piece of paper in my hands . He kissed my cheek before running back to the others, who smirking at me. I huffed at them before my back  grinning to myself and walking to my ride.

I held my chest as I lied back on the seat, I need advice. Who you going to call when you have guy problems, your best friend, that’s who.   She is never going to believe this.  That was so cliché of him to kiss me, I hate clichés, but the kiss was out of this world, I just want to kiss him again. Damn you hormones.


So up next is the last parts

Read/Subscribe/Comment

This was the longest chapter I have ever written....

~Caribbeanpop17/Mel