END.

paper hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjeong is dense, she may not seem like it but she is. She didn’t even notice how giddy Jimin was, she opened two cans and gave one to Jimin. The older uttered a soft thank you as she took the said drink. Minjeong just smiled to her and sat at the wooden bench that was just beside the the swing where Jimin was sitting at, she preferred to sit over at that side because she loved the view of Jimin’s face from where she was sitting.

 

“So, what is your plan after college?” Minjeong asked, she intends to start slowly, she can still remember how awkward Jimin seemed earlier at the resto and she doesn’t want that to happen again.

 

“Probably take a break, all these years drained me.” Jimin simply answered. “How about you?”

 

“Hm, maybe take a part-time job at the resto or take a break too. It wouldn’t be a hassle for me to find a job since one of my cousins have an offer to me.”

 

“Right, I forgot you’re from a family of Architects.” Jimin nodded. “Must be nice to have an offer pending huh?”

 

“Maybe? I mean, I won’t experience going through lines.” Minjeong snickered and looked at the older who was pouting. Minjeong wondered, how can she be so beautiful and cute at the same time? She considered herself lucky before that she was breathing the same air as Jimin, what more when Jimin said yes to her? She was the happiest, she treasured the day and thanked everyone and God that April 9th happened.

 

“Hey Minjeong.”

 

“Hm?” She snapped out of her thoughts.

 

“I asked, where is your cousin’s firm?” Jimin asked with a frown. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah. I’m fine…I just remembered something.” She her lower lip. “It’s in Busan, so if I take it I will have to move since driving long distances is a pain in the …literally.” She snickered. Jimin forced herself to laugh with the younger, so even if Jimin didn’t say yes, Minjeong would still leave. The younger didn’t take the offer yet but she knows that eventually she will, it’s her cousin after all.

 

“What did you remember?” She asked.

 

“You really want to know?” Jimin nodded as answer.

 

“I remembered about April 9th, you still remember that day right?” Minjeong had hope laced around her voice. “11:11 PM, when I confessed to you through a phone call.” She couldn’t help but smile out of embarrassment now that she remembers it, she could have done it in person but Jimin went home early and Minjeong didn’t have the courage to ask Ryujin or Yeji the address of her apartment. “It was embarrassing.”

 

Jimin nodded, her heart stopped for a moment when Minjeong said the date. She forgot about it to be honest, ever since their fifth month passed, Jimin started forgetting about their supposed monthsarries and would only remember when Minjeong would remind her of it, maybe that’s one of the reasons why Minjeong got tired of her huh?

 

The ninth day of each months were special for the younger but she forgot about them.

 

“It took about, 3 minutes? Or 5 before you gave me a reply.” Minjeong looked up, she knows she’s supposed to look at Jimin but she’s scared, she’s scared to look at her because she knows that the courage and professionalism she gathered the whole day would just go to waste and she’ll just end up being a crying mess.

 

She can’t let this night go to waste.

 

Jimin didn’t say anything nor did she look at the younger, she just kept on drinking and listening.

 

“I was, really happy back then you know.” Minjeong threw a glance to her side. “I didn’t expect you to say yes at all because I’ve never seen you be interested with girls, Yeji also told me about your preferences…I never asked you why because I didn’t want you to feel awkward so I tried my best to make you happy.” Minjeong pressed her lips. “I didn’t fail did I?”

 

“No.” Jimin shook her head.

 

“That’s good to know.” Minjeong uttered, her voice getting softer. Should she continue on going slowly or should she be blatant and go straight to her point? “I had thoughts that you were being annoyed you know? That’s why I decided to…you know, to stop spamming you.”

 

“You weren’t annoying-”

 

“I bet you wouldn’t be saying that if we’re still together.” Minjeong cut the older off and finally looked at her, Jimin felt like she was pushed back, not just because she was cut off, Minjeong’s eyes were…emotionless, unlike earlier. “It’s okay Jimin, you’ve been honest with me this morning, you can be honest with me again tonight. Nothing would change nor be affected.” She shrugged her shoulders.

 

“We’re not together anymore.”

 

Right. They aren’t together anymore. Minjeong should be blatant, yes. She threw aside her empty can and opened another one as she continued on speaking while Jimin kept mum.

 

“You were right you know, I was tired. I was tired of college, of the plates, of the terror professors, of the pressure.” She nodded her head. “But never of you, you were wrong about that Jimin.”

 

“No, Minjeong, be honest with me too.”

 

“I am.” She faintly smiled. “I am being honest right now, I even said it in a song that I made for you for our 10th, which is today. I sent you the file this morning.”

 

Jimin frowned, what file was the younger talking about when she didn’t even receive anything today? She wanted to dig on her phone but Minjeong is just literally beside her and is looking at her.

 

She saw how the younger sighed, disappointment lacing around it. Not just on her sigh, but also on her eyes and Jimin hated herself more.

 

“Min-“

 

“Looks like you haven’t heard it yet.” She was cut off again. “It’s okay, you can just listen to it later when I take you home.”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“It’s okay.”

 

Jimin knows it’s not, especially now that bitterness was lacing around the blonde’s voice. She have always heard it from Minjeong, how hard it is to compose and produce a song, how it would take the younger weeks or even a month just to finish 1 song. Jimin felt bad, Minjeong must have worked for it so hard for a long time.

 

“I mean it Jimin, you don’t have to be sorry.” The younger held her hand again and ran her thumb around her knuckle. “You weren’t at fault, I didn’t tell you about it.”

 

“What time did you send it?”

 

Minjeong avoided her eyes and looked at their hands.

 

“Minjeong, I’m asking you. What time did you send it?”

 

“7 AM.”

 

. You messed up Jimin.

 

“Min-“

 

“One more time you say sorry I'll pinch you.” Minjeong glared at her, for the first time. “There’s literally nothing to be sorry about. I understand you and your reasons, I was at fault, I was too confident. I had it in mind that you understood how I love people but I was wrong. I’m sorry about that.”

 

“I-“

 

“I swear Jimin, I’ll pinch you on spot if I hear you say sorry.” Minjeong cut her off, again. "Okay, let me get straight to my point. No, Jimin, I did not lose any feelings like what you told me this morning. It never went away like how you thought it did, I was just...let's say I did not bother to say it out loud because I live up to the phrase that actions speak louder than words." She shrugged her shoulders. "But I forgot that you need assurance- words to be exact, that's where I went wrong. I went into a wrong conclusion that my actions were enough to tell you that my feelings were real and that you knew." She kept the older's hand on her grasp and ran circles on her knuckles as she heard the soft hitching of the older's breath.

 

"Hey, don't cry."

 

"I can't help it."

 

"I know." Minjeong wouldn't deny it, there was a lump on as she spoke, she's surprised that she's not stuttering yet. "But not here, you can cry later hm? Listen to me first Jimin, please?"

 

"We can just meet again tomorrow."

 

"You have a research to finish."

 

"Then on Sunday?" Jimin was hopeful. 

 

"Jimin, don't make it harder for me." Minjeong tried her best to not sound mean. "We agreed to stay friends right? How can we be friends if you don't know my side? I'm talking to you, to clear the misunderstandings, not to take you back or to make you come back to me...but to clear myself to you. I don't want you to hate me Jimin."

 

And it hurts Jimin because she already does.

 

She hated Minjeong for drifting away, for not communicati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter