(not yet the) END.

paper hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What exactly is the reason why you called me out of my room at 2 AM?” Yizhuo asked, looking at Minjeong whose eyes were on the mini-stage looking dazed. “Hey!” She snapped her fingers.

 

“H-huh?” Minjeong stuttered and looked at her. Yizhuo frowned.

 

“Did something happen?”

 

“Not really.” Minjeong muttered as she played with her bottle on the table. “I just feel like I’m being a burden, to Jimin.”

 

“Huh? How exactly?” Yizhuo quirked an eyebrow up.

 

“I just feel like I’m taking so much of her time, we’re graduating soon and we’re becoming busier than ever. She’s not saying anything but I know that I’m being a distraction to her.”

 

“Oh right, you’re the clingy type.” The younger nodded, Minjeong threw her a glare but she just smiled. “Want me to talk to her and ask if you’re really a distraction?”

 

“Damn you.”

 

“What?” Yizhuo laughed. “I’m trying to help you here Kim.”

 

“Shut it.” Minjeong sighed. “She seems restless these days and I haven’t really been able to spend time with her because of school works, plates and whoever invented them.” She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

“Of course she is, her course is stressful.” Yizhuo snickered. “How does that make you think you’re being a distraction tho? It’s not like Jimin misses you that much.”

 

Minjeong stopped on her movement and looked at Yizhuo but the younger had her eyes on the mini-stage.

 

It’s not like Jimin misses you that much.

 

Minjeong knows- or more like hope that the younger is just joking, because those words seriously made her heart feel heavy as the chances of that being true may be low but it is never 0 and the urge of crying right on that spot was strong, but she’s Kim Minjeong, she’ll never do that in public.

 

“I’m a ed up person, I’m a big distraction.” Minjeong dryly chuckled.

 

“Today is your 10th month right? What do you have for her?”

 

Minjeong just faintly smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

It wasn’t even near 7:30 but she was already in front of the older’s home, something that used to be her home too, she was feeling giddy and nervous as if it was her first time to come in here. She looked at her wristwatch, it was only 7:12 PM and she still has to wait for 18 minutes before 7:30 comes.

 

 She checked the backseat to see if there were any mess that could disappoint Jimin and smiled when there wasn’t any. She had her hair tied in a low ponytail and like the usual, she’s wearing a black flannel shirt with a white t-shirt underneath and short jeans. It’s not like they’re going to have dinner on a high-class restaurant for her to dress formally, she didn’t tell Jimin because she was sure that the older already knows.

 

She removed her seatbelt and jumped off the driver’s seat, fists shaking as she approached the door of Jimin’s flat, was she feeling nervous? anxious? Or probably excited? Because for days, they haven’t really been able to go out. She knocked for around 5 times with her hopes high up, what was she hoping for? She knocked again when there was no answer, Minjeong nibbled her lower lip and was about to knock again when she heard the unlocking of the door from the inside.

 

“Hey.” Jimin greeted her with a small smile, she was still on her robe and she looked like she was drying her hair just now, it may be a little disheveled but Minjeong still found her beautiful as ever. “Sorry I was upstairs I didn’t hear your knocks, come in.” Jimin said after having a look at Minjeong from head to toe.

 

“Figured.” Minjeong smiled. She stepped in when Jimin told her to and if she will be honest, she missed the feeling of being in Jimin’s apartment. The familiar warm atmosphere in the living room and the way the furnitures were barely moved and the TV that was by Jimin to entertain Minjeong because she can’t, she’s still drying her hair and has to dress up.

 

“Wait here hm? I’ll just dress up.” Minjeong nodded and watched the older walk away, well they weren’t as awkward as she expected them to do- but they aren’t that comfortable either. Her eyes didn’t miss how tensed up Jimin was and how she looked like she was holding herself back- what was she holding herself back for?

 

Minjeong sat at the familiar couch and held the cushion, she may seem like a weirdo but she proceeded on sniffing it anyways. It has Jimin’s scent, obviously, and there was a lingering scent of herself. That somehow sparked something in her, so Jimin still haven’t changed a thing in her home huh? That idea made Minjeong smile for some reasons, she’s having her hopes up, again.

 

Minjeong swore to herself that she wouldn’t think of the past if ever Jimin would let her in but barely 5 minutes passed and Minjeong just found herself walking around the 1st floor, reminiscing.

 

 

 

 

Jimin and Minjeong were not polar opposites but they weren’t that similar with each other either. When Jimin saw Minjeong in front of her door with the same set up as she did before when they had their first date (except Minjeong did not have her hair tied in low ponytail) Jimin’s heartbeat paced up, she envied how the other looked so calm about their meeting- or dinner to be exact, while she is internally panicking and almost stuttered earlier.

 

Minjeong has a habit of staring at people’s eyes, especially hers, she may have also studied a bit about psychology before which is why Jimin knew that looking at her eyes would bring her into a stuttering mess.

 

She heaved and removed her robe, and wore a casual fit like Minjeong’s. She may have accidentally sprayed more perfume than she usually does and had a little makeup applied to cover up the puffiness of her face, she let her thoughts cloud her mind- thoughts about Minjeong ending everything for real tonight. How dare Jimin cry when she’s the one who initiated everything, right?

 

You don’t have any rights to cry!

 

She blinked the forming tears away after the sudden déjà vu. She smiled bitterly, she had dreamt of it. Minjeong shutting her up with her sudden outburst. Jimin regrets, but there was no turning back as it already happened.

 

‘This is for the two of us.’  That’s how Jimin consoled herself. Getting herself ready, mentally ready, took a few more minutes before Jimin took the last bits of her courage and told herself that she is ready. She had always been confident around strangers, she can be like that too around Minjeong…maybe.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, sorry I took long-“ Jimin stopped on her tracks when Minjeong was nowhere in sight in the living room. “Minjeong?” She called out and looked left and right, now where could she probably be? She walked to her living room’s window and looked outside to see if Minjeong’s car was still there and she wasn’t wrong with her thought, it was still there and Minjeong too. She was sitting on the hood of her car with her legs crossed and had her head up, probably starga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter