yjm.

paper hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unlike Minjeong, Jimin was not denial. She knows to herself that they are not okay, Minjeong slipped away without her knowing, she lost the excitement, happiness and will of looking forward to new things when she's with Minjeong. She just feel nothing anymore. However she doesn't blame the younger, Jimin didn't even try to take her back when she was slipping away, she just watched her and consoled herself everyday that Minjeong would eventually come back to her- the same Minjeong that she was 10 months ago.

 

"Jimin, you look lifeless." She snapped out of her thoughts Minhyuk called her out and waved his hand to her face. "Here's your cola by the way." He smiled and gave her the canned cola that he took from a nearby vending machine, they are inside an arcade that was near their University, she just felt like coming here as she didn't want to see Mr. Kim, she was alone playing with toy machines, she can't play shooting games as she gets startled easily you see, until Minhyuk came and insisted to accompany her as a friend.

 

Jimin is not dense, she knows how much the male likes her- he's the first one in the University to confess to her claiming that he fell in love at first sight but ended up getting rejected because Jimin found him weird, how do you even fall in love with a person at first sight? that's absurd. That was her mindset until Minjeong came up to her 10 months ago and confessed, saying that she fell in love with her at first sight since they were freshmen, if they were strangers, Jimin would on-spot reject her but no, Minjeong is a friend that she had through thesis and research. They also had been able to bond because of their common friends.

 

"I'm fine, just stressed because of school works." She faintly smiled and took the can from him. She scooted to her left to make a distance, she doesn't want him in her safe zone. She had also texted Ryujin to take her away as she didn't want to look rude by suddenly walking out. She had a feeling that she shouldn't have came here, apart from meeting Minhyuk she also remembers how she and Minjeong used to spend time in the said place when they skip their classes. She aces the basketball games while Minjeong aces the cranes, she remembers the younger getting a keychain of a bunny and how she gave it to her saying that she can keep it as a gift.

 

The silence around her soon broke when her phone vibrated.

 

 

 

Fr. Minjeong:

Jimin

hear me out at least?

I'll explain my side, please

I promise I won't go after you anymore

just hear me out

 

 

 

"Who's that?" Minhyuk asked with a spark of interest on his eyes and was about to scoot closer but Jimin threw him a glance before turning her phone off. "Oh, sorry." She didn't mind him anymore, Jimin was slowly getting pissed for some reasons and she knows that one of the reasons is that the older won't stop blabbering about his 'achievements' he was clearly showing off and that's one of the turn offs on Jimin's list.

 

"Jimin!" She subtly let out a sigh of relief when Ryujin barged in with Yeji behind her, looking like a puppy that was forced to come out. "I'm sorry we were late, traffic s, hello Minhyuk!" Ryujin greeted with enthusiasm on her tone. It somehow distracted the older and Yeji took the chance to pull Jimin away, excusing that she'll go to the rest room and will be needing Jimin's assistance. 

 

"What's up with you and cutting classes?" Yeji asked as she pushed open the rest room's door. "It's not very much like you."

 

"I just don't have the energy to attend any classes today-"

 

"Why?" Yeji quirked an eyebrow.

 

"Just because." Yeji frowned, she had herself a roll of tissues before washing her hands and checked her hair. Jimin stood beside her and washed her hands too before fixing her hair into a ponytail. "Yeji, have you ever done something and regretted it afterwards?"

 

"You broke up with Minjeong?" Yeji blatantly asked. Jimin stopped on her movement and avoided the olther's eyes by looking away from the mirror. "Jimin, don't tell me you acted impulsive."

 

"It was for her own good."

 

"Really?" Yeji quirked an eyebrow again, doubting the other's words. "Her own good? Or yours?"

 

Jimin didn't say a word and once again avoided the other's eyes and turned her attention to her bag. Yeji sighed and pressed her lips into a thin line to stop he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter