The talk

The One with the Strange Encounter

Morning POV

 

Yongsun woke up again with a groan. 

 

The headache is still with me, but I guess it’s more tolerable now. She thought.

 

She looked at the clock at the bedside table.

 

11:37 am, she read.

 

Beside the clock was an aspirin pill and a glass of water, which she was thankful for.

 

She took the pill and rubbed her temples to ease her pain a bit.

 

Those actions immediately made her feel better.

 

She’s a nice person for a stranger., she mused

 

Yong tried to wake up the owner of the apartment, in order to tell her that she was leaving. But, was surprised when she was met with a vacant space.

 

“Where could she have gone? Maybe she is in the bathroom or kitchen. Nevertheless, I will just wait for her.” Yong told herself.

 

I really want to go already but it is kind of rude to leave without thanking her for her hospitality and kindness., she contemplated.

 

She decided to lay back down and stare at the white ceiling while waiting for the latter. 

 

She checked her phone and saw dozens of texts from her best friend, asking if she had gone home safely.

 

“ it, reading texts brings back my head ache.”, she whined.

 

She decided to deal with those later and just threw her phone on the side.

 

Minutes passed, and the other one didn’t come back yet.

 

“This is boring. I just can’t stare at the ceiling for hours and hours.” Yong complained.

 

She looked at the clock again.

 

11:42 am, she read.

 

“, it hasn’t even been 10 minutes. And I am so ing bored already. Where the heck is she?” Yongsun uttered.

 

Due to boredom, the model decided to roam and look around the room.

 

“Hmm, she must really like the color blue a lot.” she stated while looking at the curtains, blanket, pillowcases, and the clothes she was wearing.

 

There wasn't a lot of furniture and stuff that she saw while roaming around. 

 

The bedroom was just composed of a queen-sized bed, a wooden closet, shelves and other furniture that are often seen in a simple bedroom.

 

Everything was organized and kept clean.

 

“Wow, she really keeps it neat here.”

 

There was a mini-bookshelf by the desk. These were mainly about psychology and historical fiction.

 

While gently running her hands through the shelves and books, something caught her eye.

 

A shelf, much bigger than the bookshelf, contains a collection of different cameras. From vintage cameras to digital video cams, all those were present.

 

“Huh, maybe she does photography. If not, then this might be her hobby.” Yong said as she looked through the different cameras.

 

She proceeded to look at the mini gallery next to the cameras.

 

“Omo, she really takes great pictures. This is amazing.” 

 

It amazed her on how Byul caught the essence of beauty through a lens.

 

Yong was in awe of the pictures and films that Byul took.

 

There were different portraits of people whose faces remained present in other pictures.

 

“These people must be her family and friends.”, she mumbled.

 

A certain picture took her attention. She grazed her fingers against the surface of it.

 

It was a picture of Moonbyul holding a camera, with her eyes twinkling and her nose scrunched that made her look adorable. Her smile with her indian dimples melted Yongsun. 

 

Her eyes, her nose, her smile, her dimples, the camera, and the beach.

 

For Yongsun, it was mesmerizing to look at.

 

Until, a burning scent filled her nostrils and snapped her back to reality. 


 

She immediately went out of the room to check what was burning or if something was wrong. 

 

When she came out, she found Byul cursing and facepalming herself in front of a burning pan.

 

“IS EVERYTHING OKAY?!” Yong panicky said as she hurriedly went to Byul.

 

“Uhm yeah... I just kinda burnt our pancakes..” Byul said while smiling sheepishly, feeling embarrassed.

——————————————

“Ahh, I guess you have seen my collection of cameras and photographs. Yes I have been doing photography for years now. Just like you, I’m a 29 year-old veteran in my field.” Byul answered as she finished her meal.

 

Yongsun hummed in reply, while her mind was being absorbed with the thought of Byul and her camera.

 

Now, the two of them were consumed by silence. Neither of them don’t know what else they should talk about. Both are too shy to open or speak up.

 

Since the silence was eating her, Byul started to talk.

 

“Aren’t you even curious about how you got here?” Byul asked.

 

“Of course I am. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I woke up. I just forgot to ask since I was busy cooking and talking to you. And I also forgot to tell you that I am sorry for bothering you and-“ Yongsun was cut off by Byul.

 

“No, it’s fine. Besides, I don’t have that many guests that come into my place.” Byul said chuckled.

 

“Actually, you are the first one.” Byul whispered.

 

Even though she couldn’t hear that much because of how low and how weak Byul said it, Yong understood what Byul said. 

 

And her heart fluttered at those words.

 

You are the first one.

 

You are the first one.

 

You are the first one.

 

The first one.

 

The first one to go into her apartment.

 

The first one who slept on her bed.

 

The first one...

 

Her mind was replaying it again and again..

 

“then I saw you.” Byul said.

 

“I’m sorry what?” She snapped out of her thoughts.

 

“I was talking about how I saw you in the park. Are you sure you’re okay? You’ve been spacing out a lot...” Byul said with worry and concern in her eyes.

 

Is it me or is she just awfully cares about everyone, including strangers?, Yong thought to herself.

 

“I just got a lot of things to think about.” Yong said and smiled.

 

“Back to what I was saying, I was doing my nightly jogging until I arrived in the park. It’s one of my favorite places to go to. Especially when I have trouble sleeping. The place is so serene and quiet during the ungodly hours of the night that it gives me peace. Then, as I sat on the bench, I didn’t realize that I wasn’t alone. It was dark and it was hard to see if there was anyone present in the area. You were there sitting on the other side. At first, I thought you were there to kidnap me or rob me, since you were wearing an all black outfit with the hood over your head.” Byul told her.

 

Yongsun laughed at the last statement.

 

In fact, she always goes out wearing clothes that were expensive and stylish, and she always has the attention of other people, not only because of how gorgeous she is, but also because of her style and taste in clothes.

 

She never did dress in such a simple outfit, unless she didn’t want to be seen. So this made her question what really happened during the previous night.

 

“And then I approached you. Your eyes were closed and your face was a bit red. And I realized you were sleeping... but who the heck is sleeping in the park in the middle of the night? Anyways, I tried to wake you and then I smelled alcohol on you. You were drunk.” Byul continued.

 

While Yongsun was listening to Byul’s recalling what happened last night, something clicked in her mind.

 

As if a tsunami was happening inside her brain, all the things that happened are flooding back into her brain.